BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,504
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the 2023 Graduating Girls (10th Graders) for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA. They took your money. Told you so 🤣

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Just like WPLL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WPLL was a virtual tryout. UA had tryouts and the girls will play games. Just because it is regional and not the format it was in years past does not take away the fact that girls earned their spots through a tryout process. Stop whining, the other tryouts will happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup! This years “event” has turned into a money grab. No thank you!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup! This years “event” has turned into a money grab. No thank you!

I learned from another dad years ago, pay the walkup. Whatever it is, pay it. Your kid is sick, you don't go. They cancel, you don't have to fight for your money back. Pay the walk up and don't give them your money until you get there.

We went to the Warrior All-America BS tryout a few years ago - looked at the kids on the field, they were not even close to "elite" as the marketing hype had portrayed, got back in the car, and drove away.

Pay the walkup and dodge the money grabs. I hope this helps someone else as much as it's helped us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy on their way to another summer tournament as YJ and TG stay home. I would hope both clubs offered refunds for the tournaments that players were promised and didn’t get any. Oh well I guess you can hope your clubs do something in the fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy on their way to another summer tournament as YJ and TG stay home. I would hope both clubs offered refunds for the tournaments that players were promised and didn’t get any. Oh well I guess you can hope your clubs do something in the fall.

YJ and TG are following state guidelines that restricts travel for youth sports. Legacy is not. It’s really quite simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the long drive. It will give you plenty of time to obsess over what TG and YJ are doing. While I’m sitting on the beach later, I won’t be thinking about Legacy at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the long drive. It will give you plenty of time to obsess over what TG and YJ are doing. While I’m sitting on the beach later, I won’t be thinking about Legacy at all.

Thought enough to reply though...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy coming home after doing what YJ couldn’t do beat Jesters. We’ll enjoy the ride home and you enjoy your scrimmages this week if you have any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy coming home after doing what YJ couldn’t do beat Jesters. We’ll enjoy the ride home and you enjoy your scrimmages this week if you have any.

Just wondering if this is a teenage girl or a parent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy beats jesters easily! Was up 5-1 at the half and won 7-4..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy beats jesters easily! Was up 5-1 at the half and won 7-4..

Unbiased parent here who went to watch the game to see what all the Jesters “hoopla” was. Both teams are very talented, field conditions horrible, and it was well officiated. Jesters was within one goal and scored, but the player clearly ran through the goal circle and it didn’t count.

It was closer than what this post states. Both coaches are over the top with challenging the officiating. In fact, the worst I’ve seen by coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Focal score was 7-5. That goal that was called back would have made it a 1 goal game with 4 mins to go. Let’s play again under better Conditions. Great match up. Legacy fought hard to keep that lead entire second half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses.. wasn’t close! Jesters stayed would beat legacy easily and it didn’t happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to laugh at the "unbiased parent" here who went to watch the game in the cornfields of Pennsylvania. LMAO. I am a Legacy parent and i'm not embarrassed to say it. First of all the fact that you say we beat Jesters easily is just not factual. Yes they got off to a slow start but in the second half if you can't be honest that you weren't nervous like I was then your only fooling yourself cause I felt like we escaped with that win. Second of all the final score was a misprint and it was 7-5 and that's with the 2 goals they took off the board for Jesters so luckily for us it worked in our favor. Lastly, that jester team is very good so hats off to them. My daughter got in the car and said "Mom, we got lucky cause they were coming back" Sorry, just speaking the truth. Don't believe me watch the game film because we are all getting it smile All in all good day of lacrosse, not looking forward to playing Jesters again cause they scare me...… jus sayen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to laugh at the "unbiased parent" here who went to watch the game in the cornfields of Pennsylvania. LMAO. I am a Legacy parent and i'm not embarrassed to say it. First of all the fact that you say we beat Jesters easily is just not factual. Yes they got off to a slow start but in the second half if you can't be honest that you weren't nervous like I was then your only fooling yourself cause I felt like we escaped with that win. Second of all the final score was a misprint and it was 7-5 and that's with the 2 goals they took off the board for Jesters so luckily for us it worked in our favor. Lastly, that jester team is very good so hats off to them. My daughter got in the car and said "Mom, we got lucky cause they were coming back" Sorry, just speaking the truth. Don't believe me watch the game film because we are all getting it smile All in all good day of lacrosse, not looking forward to playing Jesters again cause they scare me...… jus sayen

The unbiased parent is me and I went to watch the game as I’m a fan of good lacrosse and this was good lacrosse. My daughter played 2 fields down directly after “dufus”! You need to read my post more closely “fool”! I said the game was much closer than the score. The 2 scores were taken off for clear violations, which can easily be seen on the “game film”!

You’re a Jesters parent “posing” as a Legacy parent! That is completely obvious. Both coaches, while knowledgable, are stunads!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re a clown and not a Legacy parent. Jesters played great. The conditions stunk. They were dangerous and I’m glad no one was hurt. Still Jesters played hard and I give them full credit. But at no point, none, was there any question about the outcome of that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final score was 7-5. Jesters started slow and were down 5-1 at half on a sloppy muddy field. Jesters seem to make an adjustment and they were a different team second half. Came storming back and dominated second half but came up short. They cut the lead to 1 goal with @ 4 min left on a beautiful transition goal that was called back because player stepped in crease. That was the second goal Jesters had taken off the board. Was a great game with two great teams. Pretty to watch. Would love to see these two teams go at it again on a dry field in better conditions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Final score was 7-5. Jesters started slow and were down 5-1 at half on a sloppy muddy field. Jesters seem to make an adjustment and they were a different team second half. Came storming back and dominated second half but came up short. They cut the lead to 1 goal with @ 4 min left on a beautiful transition goal that was called back because player stepped in crease. That was the second goal Jesters had taken off the board. Was a great game with two great teams. Pretty to watch. Would love to see these two teams go at it again on a dry field in better conditions.

Let’s have the rematch on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s have the rematch on Long Island.[/quote]

Now that we have 4 legit teams on Long Island. Wouldn’t a local round robin be great! For the life of me I don’t understand why that doesn’t happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final score was 7-5. Jesters started slow and were down 5-1 at half on a sloppy muddy field. Jesters seem to make an adjustment and they were a different team second half. Came storming back and dominated second half but came up short. They cut the lead to 1 goal with @ 4 min left on a beautiful transition goal that was called back because player stepped in crease. That was the second goal Jesters had taken off the board. Was a great game with two great teams. Pretty to watch. Would love to see these two teams go at it again on a dry field in better conditions.

You're living in a fantasy world that does not involve girls lacrosse rules. Legacy also had a goal clawed back for shooting space. That's the rules. Deal with it. Do we add that phantom goal for Legacy to the fantasy score? Or how about the goal when the Legacy goalie slipped and fell in the mud after making the save when the ball slowly rolled in the cage while she was face planted in the muck? Do we take that goal back because the goalie was playing in a swamp? No, we deal with it. The ball rolled in, it's a goal. That's the rules.

But if we fix all the imaginary problems snowflake, equally on both sides, we still come up with a score of 8-6. Same outcome. Jesters lose by two. Get over it and stop wishing the score to what it wasn't. You're dragging down your daughter's team and looking like a classless sore lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 5-2 at the half. Excellent game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 5-2 at the half. Excellent game.

A parent talked about game film earlier. I wonder if the film caught the cheap shot of the Jesters player “clockin’” the Legacy player in the head outside of the officials view. We heard it on the sideline. That’s some “bush league” behavior!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question is who is going to leave the Dumpster Fire of Torched Talent or the Clowns with Clubs Show to go to a real team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parent living through his/her kid

no one cares about legacy. except the dad that pulled over on the highway to comment. dud

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parent living through his/her kid

no one cares about legacy. except the dad that pulled over on the highway to comment. dud

Just remember this - college coaches need team players. If YJ Thorn was a team, they might be amazing. They're not. They're 12 individuals on the field at the same time. Even Carol Rose's legendary connections might not fix that mess when it comes to recruiting.

Also, we all know CR does her very best to avoid the embarrassment that the Thorn team is capable of. She's been doing it for 5 years. That's why you're always in a weak bracket. She probably didn't take Jesters seriously, and the joke is on her (pun intended). You'll never play TG or Legacy. Ever. The potential loss is bad for business and we've all seen how good YJ Thorn is at losing. CR knows it and so do you. So, you can stop the "let's play on LI" junk. It will never ever happen. Just understand you're the team dragging down the brand and you should make as little noise as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a scrappy game all around, I think both teams got there fair share of cheap shots at each other. It was a very competitve hard fought game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a scrappy game all around, I think both teams got there fair share of cheap shots at each other. It was a very competitve hard fought game.

if legacy beat jesters imagine what they would do to YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would anyone really change clubs at this point? I hear lots of movement happening all over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if legacy beat jesters imagine what they would do to YJ

No one is losing sleep over Legacy. No one. Go back to washing your truck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the wack clubs keeping comparing themselves to YJ and TG. They obsess about what TG and YJ are doing this summer yet no one cares what they are doing because they are irrelevant in the bigger picture. Disobeying laws and mandates is the cool thing to do now. Main reason US is where it is today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the wack clubs keeping comparing themselves to YJ and TG. They obsess about what TG and YJ are doing this summer yet no one cares what they are doing because they are irrelevant in the bigger picture. Disobeying laws and mandates is the cool thing to do now. Main reason US is where it is today.

Since you seem to be the only one that doesn’t get it. It is the comments of Talent to Torch, best 23 team on the island that drive the YJ comments. Also please do not put YJ in the same sentence at TG. TG is clearly the top team on the island, YJ would have to beat them at least once.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you seem to be the only one that doesn’t get it. It is the comments of Talent to Torch, best 23 team on the island that drive the YJ comments. Also please do not put YJ in the same sentence at TG. TG is clearly the top team on the island, YJ would have to beat them at least once.

YJ can't beat Top Guns Best team by far on LI YJ 2023 disaster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2023 isn't a disaster. I shouldn't waste my time responding to this but I just did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this point in the game the top 4 on Long Island looks like:

1) TG
2) Legacy
3) Jesters
4) YJ Torched

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is best team in the 23 age group. They quietly snuck up on TG because the steve knows how to coach and develop players. Better coach than Andrew.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not a better coach. Saw it first hand at Under Armour last year. He's actually a bad coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ 2023 isn't a disaster. I shouldn't waste my time responding to this but I just did.
they aren't a bad team just badly managed if you ask me lots of talent on both YJ teams just they can't seem to get it right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they aren't a bad team just badly managed if you ask me lots of talent on both YJ teams just they can't seem to get it right

not sure why someone hasn't stepped in to fix it at this point too much favoritism they lost a ton of players though the years maybe they just gave up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is best team in the 23 age group. They quietly snuck up on TG because the steve knows how to coach and develop players. Better coach than Andrew.

Steve doesn’t coach the 2023s. And I don’t think we’re better than TG. We could run with them, and stay in the game. Unless the stars aligned perfectly, I don’t think we’d pull off a win. Legacy Blue has only a few studs but they play a good team game. I’m very happy with the program and coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The program of the future is jesters. The 23s are just the beginning. They just added some new great girls directors. Families are going to live playing fir them. They make it fun, very well coached defensively, play everyone equally. Can’t say enough great things. The coaches are actually good people Christina and Colleen.my daughter aged out but if I had younger ones that is where I would go if you are making decisions about your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The program of the future is jesters. The 23s are just the beginning. They just added some new great girls directors. Families are going to live playing fir them. They make it fun, very well coached defensively, play everyone equally. Can’t say enough great things. The coaches are actually good people Christina and Colleen.my daughter aged out but if I had younger ones that is where I would go if you are making decisions about your daughter.

C'mon they play everyone "equally" including the Coaches daughter? For someone who their daughter aged out you sure know a lot about the 23 Jesters including how well they are coached defensively. Weird. Jesters cannot get into the big tournaments and beating YJ in one scrimmage doesn't elevate them past the 4th best team on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard TGs lost one of there best players to the Jesters. Is that true???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lots of movement again what is with this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard Jester Director and owner have been working hard all summer to poach players and coaches. Perhaps Jester owner shouldn’t talk so negatively about CR, you never know who is listening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The program of the future is jesters. The 23s are just the beginning. They just added some new great girls directors. Families are going to live playing fir them. They make it fun, very well coached defensively, play everyone equally. Can’t say enough great things. The coaches are actually good people Christina and Colleen.my daughter aged out but if I had younger ones that is where I would go if you are making decisions about your daughter.

Very well coached defensively? If that's what you call lumberjacks then okay. And, the coach is a screamer. I'm not paying a coach to scream at my kid, I can do that well enough on my own and for free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kidding right.? CR and Sayville 2026 YJ coach just poached Jesters best player. Parents will fit in perfectly there until they realize she is not best player on new teM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard Jester Director and owner have been working hard all summer to poach players and coaches. Perhaps Jester owner shouldn’t talk so negatively about CR, you never know who is listening.

Players aren’t going to leave TG or YJ to go to jesters. Cmon man. Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kidding right.? CR and Sayville 2026 YJ coach just poached Jesters best player. Parents will fit in perfectly there until they realize she is not best player on new teM.

were you at playoff?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

were you at playoff?

No one cares about 2026’s. Get off this thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask 21 black top guns parents if they made out ok. Heard it from one of them the other night. They were very disappointed. You will see. Jesters hired great coaches who have theirown college contacts and want to help girls. No doubts the south shire kids will go. Just check Massapequa. They are looking good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask 21 black top guns parents if they made out ok. Heard it from one of them the other night. They were very disappointed. You will see. Jesters hired great coaches who have theirown college contacts and want to help girls. No doubts the south shire kids will go. Just check Massapequa. They are looking good.

Soooo, you heard from 1 parent then extrapolated somehow to the 21 Blk parents. Stop the foolishness. Play where your kid wants to play. Don’t support your decision by making up nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Ask 21 black top guns parents if they made out ok. Heard it from one of them the other night. They were very disappointed. You will see. Jesters hired great coaches who have theirown college contacts and want to help girls. No doubts the south shire kids will go. Just check Massapequa. They are looking good.

I would like to watch this team play however they don't get into any of the big tournaments. I'm sure CR didn't invite them to Live Love Lax Florida the biggest fall recruiting tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to disagree with that, jesters 23 has the best defense on the island by far and that is all about the coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Have to disagree with that, jesters 23 has the best defense on the island by far and that is all about the coaching.

If YJ and Jesters play again it won't be close and your best defense on the island will be exposed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it will be a great competitive game. The problem with YJ is they are a group of individuals who have talent, they don’t play as a team.
I like your enthusiasm but the fact remains the 23 jesters play great defense hands down!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to disagree with that, jesters 23 has the best defense on the island by far and that is all about the coaching.

I’ll give Jesters a best for the draw player only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they played top gun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Have to disagree with that, jesters 23 has the best defense on the island by far and that is all about the coaching.

If YJ and Jesters play again it won't be close and your best defense on the island will be exposed.

I think that is what YJ 23 said after they lost to The YJ B team the first time only to lose again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it will be a great competitive game. The problem with YJ is they are a group of individuals who have talent, they don’t play as a team.
I like your enthusiasm but the fact remains the 23 jesters play great defense hands down!

that goes for both or maybe even all the YJ t2023 teams there is absolutely no team work no chemistry individually all great players as a team its all selfish plan it doesn't work

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, no one cares about YJ except the lunatic YJ parents. They're not worth talking about. They never have been worth talking about. Can we just ignore them already? Maybe they will go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, no one cares about YJ except the lunatic YJ parents. They're not worth talking about. They never have been worth talking about. Can we just ignore them already? Maybe they will go away.

Clearly you’ve got some unresolved issues that have you stuck w the mindset of a 13 year old. Good luck w that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Honestly, no one cares about YJ except the lunatic YJ parents. They're not worth talking about. They never have been worth talking about. Can we just ignore them already? Maybe they will go away.[/quote

Uhmmmm. Does anyone care about the jesters. NO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think it will be a great competitive game. The problem with YJ is they are a group of individuals who have talent, they don’t play as a team.

that goes for both or maybe even all the YJ t2023 teams there is absolutely no team work no chemistry individually all great players as a team its all selfish plan it doesn't work

25 great players and they still lose games amazing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters just gained one of TGs best players. They will be a force!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters just gained one of TGs best players. They will be a force

They’ll need her to compete with Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need to tip the cap to legacy, they beat the jesters in a very good game.
To evenly matched teams.
Would love to see the big four teams play together.
Would be great Lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are offering players and coaches the world to leave their current programs. And the only sell is our 23’s have good defense...hahahah. We will see if they can deliver on all the promises and discounts they gave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will have great coaching and no bullsh-t....approachable, honest, and know what they are doing - with there own college contacts already. but if you want the proven recruiting experience then you go to YJ ,,,, and let teh haters detest while you have your daughter taken care of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]they will have great coaching and no bullsh-t....approachable, honest, and know what they are doing - with there own college contacts already. but if you want the proven recruiting experience then you go to YJ ,,,, and let teh haters detest while you have your daughter taken care of.

Proven college contacts? Where is the list of college commits?
Oh that’s right they don’t have any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters are offering players and coaches the world to leave their current programs. And the only sell is our 23’s have good defense...hahahah. We will see if they can deliver on all the promises and discounts they gave.

If by offering the word you mean playing for a Massapequa town team run by a daddy coach it’s not a world I’d be looking for. CR has a proven track record and YJ will have the most UA players period end of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they will have great coaching and no bullsh-t....approachable, honest, and know what they are doing - with there own college contacts already. but if you want the proven recruiting experience then you go to YJ ,,,, and let teh haters detest while you have your daughter taken care of.

Don’t recall the YJ Director ever putting together a rogue team in an attempt to draw players over. And the Jester’s are calling themselves honest........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters are offering players and coaches the world to leave their current programs. And the only sell is our 23’s have good defense...hahahah. We will see if they can deliver on all the promises and discounts they gave.

If by offering the word you mean playing for a Massapequa town team run by a daddy coach it’s not a world I’d be looking for. CR has a proven track record and YJ will have the most UA players period end of story.

Did you just admit that your YJ A team got beat by a town team? To get beat by your own B team Twice, Heroes B Team, some team from Georgia, and a town team? I thought things were supposed to get better with the merge not worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have zero idea what you are talking about. “Since merger” YJ played in 2 tournaments. Both last fall and beat all teams and tied Grizzlies. That is it as far a Games. Period.

A scrimmage where Jesters “won” has been followed by multiple scrimmages where this team has NOT “lost”. This thread posing Legacy & Jesters as the teams to beat is ridiculous. Trying to point out false results is lame. Pointing out results from 4th & 5th grade “losing” to the B team, is a joke.

MYou went to a C team that has worked its way to a Tie of Igloo a year ago the 1st game of season (your biggest game up to there), a win over a shell of M&D this year (no way real M&D loses 2 games in a tourney to your level of team), a tie to Grizzlies (yeah) and a sloppy win over Jesters in the Mud.
We have won last 2 Nationals, beat M&D, Heroes Green, Skywalkers, MD United, Grizzlies, Monsters, Ultimate, etc. etc. etc. What have You really done? Nothing!
Oh yeah, not to mention, only 4 on LI to make US combine, 2 making team-YJ. Featured 2023 stand outs in last year’s UA game coached by Levy, 2 YJ & 1 Grizzlies. You have NOTHING. Always been B+.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You have zero idea what you are talking about. “Since merger” YJ played in 2 tournaments. Both last fall and beat all teams and tied Grizzlies. That is it as far a Games. Period.

A scrimmage where Jesters “won” has been followed by multiple scrimmages where this team has NOT “lost”. This thread posing Legacy & Jesters as the teams to beat is ridiculous. Trying to point out false results is lame. Pointing out results from 4th & 5th grade “losing” to the B team, is a joke.

MYou went to a C team that has worked its way to a Tie of Igloo a year ago the 1st game of season (your biggest game up to there), a win over a shell of M&D this year (no way real M&D loses 2 games in a tourney to your level of team), a tie to Grizzlies (yeah) and a sloppy win over Jesters in the Mud.
We have won last 2 Nationals, beat M&D, Heroes Green, Skywalkers, MD United, Grizzlies, Monsters, Ultimate, etc. etc. etc. What have You really done? Nothing!
Oh yeah, not to mention, only 4 on LI to make US combine, 2 making team-YJ. Featured 2023 stand outs in last year’s UA game coached by Levy, 2 YJ & 1 Grizzlies. You have NOTHING. Always been B+.

Legacy beat Jesters. You didn't. When you beat the Jesters you can post again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You have zero idea what you are talking about. “Since merger” YJ played in 2 tournaments. Both last fall and beat all teams and tied Grizzlies. That is it as far a Games. Period.

Did all those featured superstars play against Jesters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have zero idea what you are talking about. “Since merger” YJ played in 2 tournaments. Both last fall and beat all teams and tied Grizzlies. That is it as far a Games. Period.

That's kinda creepy that you as a YJ parent have all these stats on a team your daughter doesn't play for. Creepy and self concious. If you know your daughters team is the best, why all the stats? Unless, you don't really know and are trying to convince yourself or others. We know the truth YJ Torched Dumpsterfire. It's okay, you have nice headbands with little bees on them. That has to count for something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's kinda creepy that you as a YJ parent have all these stats on a team your daughter doesn't play for. Creepy and self concious. If you know your daughters team is the best, why all the stats? Unless, you don't really know and are trying to convince yourself or others. We know the truth YJ Torched Dumpsterfire. It's okay, you have nice headbands with little bees on them. That has to count for something.

They won the "Nationals" and are bragging about the weakest tournament like it means something? HAhahahah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refresh everyone of your list? What has your team actually done?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it just me or were th old 2020 Buthead parents have 23s. these same fools with daughters who are just not that good,, please get a life and stop living through your 4ft 11inch daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Virginia added to the quarantine list. UA is going to have to get a new location for the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you expect them to make that change? Can't imagine the location will change considering it's this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How do you expect them to make that change? Can't imagine the location will change considering it's this weekend.

I doubt people are willing to quarantine for 2 weeks for a lax tournament. If you don’t quarantine it’s a hefty fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How do you expect them to make that change? Can't imagine the location will change considering it's this weekend.

I doubt people are willing to quarantine for 2 weeks for a lax tournament. If you don’t quarantine it’s a hefty fine.
Rule is in the state for excess of 24 hours

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats not what the rule states. Rule pertains to travel through a state such as stopping for gas, air, train or bus layovers. Not going to a field for for 8 hours to play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats not what the rule states. Rule pertains to travel through a state such as stopping for gas, air, train or bus layovers. Not going to a field for for 8 hours to play lacrosse.

Oh the jealousy has started again. Hope little Becky is having fun at soccer practice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering parents believe playing in this justifies their daughter as a player (which it does not), parents will 100% NOT cancel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy with a very tough Primetime schedule the YJ not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy with a very tough Primetime schedule the YJ not so much.
still sour about UA tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy with a very tough Primetime schedule the YJ not so much.

Just stating a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering parents believe playing in this justifies their daughter as a player (which it does not), parents will 100% NOT cancel.

What I do know is that every college coach in America will watch the film of these games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read this from NY State Website
What if I was just passing through an affected state?

The quarantine only applies to travelers who spent more than 24 hours in a state on the list of restricted places.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I do know is that every college coach in America will watch the film of these games.

sorry in the universe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks that way. I am sure it will rectified. prob got blue and gold mixed up.

to see that and then post about does make you sound about UA. I am sure you will be one of the many rooting against LI Saturday so you can say SEEEEEE. BTW there is a Legacy girl on the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks that way. I am sure it will rectified. prob got blue and gold mixed up.

to see that and then post about does make you sound about UA. I am sure you will be one of the many rooting against LI Saturday so you can say SEEEEEE. BTW there is a Legacy girl on the team

The "Quote" button and complete sentences would help you get your point across.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry in the universe

That may be true for the Highlight, which is televised, As for 2023s, what they do next spring/summer will determined their recruiting potential.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry in the universe

That may be true for the Highlight, which is televised, As for 2023s, what they do next spring/summer will determined their recruiting potential.

UA does NOT determine their recruiting potential. There are PLENTY of 22's that have already been recruited to D1 and NEVER played in the UA. I can't wrap my head around the fact that parents/players think this is the "end all"...the players that get selected are hand picked by the coaches that coach their Clubs/High school teams. IT IS OBVIOUS and no arguing it...period
Their recruiting potential is going to the college camps which HOPEFULLY will eventually pick back up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI doubled down by Conn (Grizzlies) What happened to all the superstars? Surprised they made it that far scraping by with one goal games. Embarrassing! Bright side is that they don't have to endure a beatdown by Maryland! This is what happens when politics picks teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The quarantine only applies to travelers who spent more than 24 hours in a state on the list of restricted places.

I hope the girls from LI quarantine for 14 days when they return.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope the girls from LI quarantine for 14 days when they return.

Some of them should quarantine from lacrosse for good! #didnothing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy with a very tough Primetime schedule the YJ not so much.

LMAO. Nope not sour. Dad coach with the family and friends politics couldn't get it done. What a shock.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahahahahahahahaha.... enjoy your loooooong ride home!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI doubled down by Conn (Grizzlies) What happened to all the superstars? Surprised they made it that far scraping by with one goal games. Embarrassing! Bright side is that they don't have to endure a beatdown by Maryland! This is what happens when politics picks teams!

you are a clown.
Who wasn’t on the team that deserved to be???
They won the North Regional and lost in the semis in the national championships. Not acceptable for LI but what can you do?? they lost. so now we sit back and call it politics. i saw the roster and they are same girls that are the best players on their HS and travel teams.
guess your kid got cut

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In and out in 24 hours you sour jealous POS. No worries our girls will be in school Monday. All rules followed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad they couldn't have had the real coaches, would have been a different story. Jester failure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]LI doubled down by Conn (Grizzlies) What happened to all the superstars? Surprised they made it that far scraping by with one goal games. Embarrassing! Bright side is that they don't have to endure a beatdown by Maryland! This is what happens when politics picks teams!

you are a clown.
They won the North Regional and lost in the semis in the national championships. Not acceptable for LI but what can you do?? they lost. so now we sit back and call it politics. i saw the roster and they are same girls that are the best players on their HS and travel teams.
guess your kid got cut

It was politics there is no way a Long Island team with all their talent wins 1 goal games against New England and Upsate and then gets smoked by Connecticut. A Dad coach picks 5 Jesters ( 3 who were not on varsity) and Thorn picks 15 YJ not all on the A team. If you think the top players are only on YJ and Jesters you are mistaken and the results speak for themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Too bad they couldn't have had the real coaches, would have been a different story. Jester failure.

Gee I wonder why. You put the Jesters Dad coach who has zero lax background in charge. He selects his daughter and her friends onto the team and he can’t coach at all. With all the lax talent on Long Island it should have been an easy win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]LI doubled down by Conn (Grizzlies) What happened to all the superstars? Surprised they made it that far scraping by with one goal games. Embarrassing! Bright side is that they don't have to endure a beatdown by Maryland! This is what happens when politics picks teams!

you are a clown.
guess your kid got cut

It was politics there is no way a Long Island team with all their talent wins 1 goal games against New England and Upsate and then gets smoked by Connecticut. A Dad coach picks 5 Jesters ( 3 who were not on varsity) and Thorn picks 15 YJ not all on the A team. If you think the top players are only on YJ and Jesters you are mistaken and the results speak for themselves.

It was also very telling by looking at the stats provided on TM. The way I look at it...if you are chosen for a select team like UA as a Middie or Attack, and you don’t dish out any goals or assists over 3 games, you don’t belong on the team because you’re not doing your job. If I were a college coach, those girls would be scratched off my list. I wish they also gave the turnover stat...I’m sure that would be interesting as well. I agree with the previous poster that many constantly top players from other teams were snubbed and this Team LI Command was out of their league. A shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stats provided on TM???? where do you see stats?? did any of “stars” shine or just a total lack of production?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG handled Grizzlies in the past...Just saying!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they list personal stats on TM!? post if you have please

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they list personal stats on TM!? post if you have please

Yes, go ont TM on your home computer, not app. They are listed after every game on the right (orange box)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame
On corrigan sports. That’s who to blame. They were bullied to who makes team. The take away is this is not legit.. I wouldn’t even let my kid try out as we were told there were only 3 spots open and the team was already made. Don’t waste your money on this garbage. Go to the camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stats provided on TM???? where do you see stats?? did any of “stars” shine or just a total lack of production?

Very inconsistent. Many of the "top" girls were just average. I think the most any had in a game was 2 goals/2 assists. Many went scoreless for some games, or got 1 point. The majority of the girls got no points at alI. Can't say I'm that surprised!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]stats provided on TM???? where do you see stats?? did any of “stars” shine or just a total lack of production?

Very inconsistent. Many of the "top" girls were just average. I think the most any had in a game was 2 goals/2 assists. Many went scoreless for some games, or got 1 point. The majority of the girls got no points at alI. Can't say I'm that surprised![/quote

Not even one LI girl is listed as a tournament stat leader! Hmmm??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s TM?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very inconsistent. Many of the "top" girls were just average. I think the most any had in a game was 2 goals/2 assists. Many went scoreless for some games, or got 1 point. The majority of the girls got no points at alI. Can't say I'm that surprised!

Surprised about what?? I just looked it up, leading scorers weren't much of a surprise to me; both kids been starting and scoring consistently on varsity since 7th grade(WB and LB). the other top players had a couple of goals but maybe the shots didn't fall, one day tourney, could be lots of factors, but if you seen those girls play you know they are the top players around. think the blame shouldn't be on the players so much, they didn't pick the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame
On corrigan sports. That’s who to blame. They were bullied to who makes team. The take away is this is not legit.. I wouldn’t even let my kid try out as we were told there were only 3 spots open and the team was already made. Don’t waste your money on this garbage. Go to the camps.

who claims there were only 3 spots available. top scorers were both on team last year.
Maybe when your team plays FLG or TG purple, your Superstar kid scores 5 goals, but when you play the best plays from all over the country it's not as easy to have 2 goals in a game. stop with the nonsense here......maybe some of the middies you expected to score had different roles.
I am sure if the tryout wasn't political your kid would have been on the team and scoring 3 a game. life isn't fair. BTW the coaches daughter is very good and deserved to be on that team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame

who claims there were only 3 spots available. top scorers were both on team last year.
Maybe when your team plays FLG or TG purple, your Superstar kid scores 5 goals, but when you play the best plays from all over the country it's not as easy to have 2 goals in a game. stop with the nonsense here......maybe some of the middies you expected to score had different roles.
I am sure if the tryout wasn't political your kid would have been on the team and scoring 3 a game. life isn't fair. BTW the coaches daughter is very good and deserved to be on that team!

Typical excuses...funny that girls on other teams were able to score more than two goals a game? Maybe LI girls just not that good. Not one was a stat leader

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Just got on and see the douchbags are already feasting! If I get this straight-———-someone, who’s precious did not make the team, was at home-going “On their laptop-Not their phone” and trolling stats and taking some pleasure in not seeing strong ones! Just unreal.
That is what You did on your Saturday, even for a minute is beyond pathetic. No wonder precious didn’t make it.

No one gives a F__k about Legacy. And TG- YJ has handled Grizzlies as well.

This was a draw issue and losing 7 out of 10 at best is no way for any team of any talent level to Win. The breakdown started There and followed everywhere. It stunk! There. Done!

It is Sunday-get on with having a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Just got on and see the douchbags are already feasting! If I get this straight-———-someone, who’s precious did not make the team, was at home-going “On their laptop-Not their phone” and trolling stats and taking some pleasure in not seeing strong ones! Just unreal.
That is what You did on your Saturday, even for a minute is beyond pathetic. No wonder precious didn’t make it.

This was a draw issue and losing 7 out of 10 at best is no way for any team of any talent level to Win. The breakdown started There and followed everywhere. It stunk! There. Done!

What’s more pathetic is that girls chosen due to politics did nothing and the team struggled, blaming it on draws is a lame excuse as well. A good defense can overcome that. Yes, I checked tourney machine in between doing other computer work. So what. After yet another poor showing, let’s hope they get it right next summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a IAmInsecure, all because little Becky wasn’t good enough.... lost like your kid!

What’s more pathetic is that girls chosen due to politics did nothing and the team struggled, blaming it on draws is a lame excuse as well. A good defense can overcome that. Yes, I checked tourney machine in between doing other computer work. So what. After yet another poor showing, let’s hope they get it right next summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for nothing but if you are really trolling other girls. You need a life. This stuff is that important to you? Cmon your a parent and an adult. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for nothing but if you are really trolling other girls. You need a life. This stuff is that important to you? Cmon your a parent and an adult. Get a life.

A parent and an adult who has invested $$$1000s into youth lacrosse. Yes, I know it's not always fair, but this was a glaring example of abuse of power. You really don't think people were interested in the outcome of this event? Or are you just embarrassed that the stats were released and little Karen was exposed? And yes! this stuff is very important to me. If the information is put out there, and people want to see the disaster, that's not trolling, thats being aware of what's going on. Sorry you had a rough time in VA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Final score doesn’t tell the whole story. CONNY was up 9-0 at half. Complete domination in every part of the game. LI goals were all garbage time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team struggled cause CR let the Jesters Dad coach get involved so he can ensure his Jester players would make the team. He then looked overwhelmed coaching and all but one of his players struggled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another poor showing???
last year they went 5-0 and blew everyone out and lost in finals to a close battle with Baltimore. last year they cried about politics too.
maybe your daughter just ain’t that good. it’s okay. But the fact is this; i am not a coach but i still am trying to figure out who the studs are that didn’t make the team. please name me one girl that wasn’t on the team that would have made a difference??? i will wait. until then stfu

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not nearly as sorry as little Becky sitting home because she was cut for not being good enough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another poor showing???
last year they went 5-0 and blew everyone out and lost in finals to a close battle with Baltimore. last year they cried about politics too.
maybe your daughter just ain’t that good. it’s okay. But the fact is this; i am not a coach but i still am trying to figure out who the studs are that didn’t make the team. please name me one girl that wasn’t on the team that would have made a difference??? i will wait. until then stfu

Lol, maybe 2023 has no studs if that was the best team they could pick? Or maybe some new blood deserves a chance since your daughter clearly did nothing. Pathetic. How was the drive home lost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What players struggled, just curious on this one???????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What players struggled, just curious on this one???????

The majority of the team struggled. A couple girls had good moments, but no consistency. Most of the middies and attack didn’t register even one point. Goalies not making saves, and too many draws lost. That’s a big problem. Not one LI girl was a tournament stat leader. Disappointing for sure!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats are inaccurate. Really now. The teenagers flipping the score cards were asking the players on the sidelines for the scorers / assisters numbers. Game tape out soon. Why don’t you statisticians back up your calling out and actually watch a game and take a count since it’s so Important. Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats definitely a joke. My niece from NE had stats posted and she wasn’t even there! Several of the original new england girls pulled out a while ago bc of prep school restrictions. They supplemented some spots, but corrigan put all of the original girls on roster in TM and even gave some numbers. Stats posted for kids not there, definitely don’t trust any of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Stats definitely a joke. My niece from NE had stats posted and she wasn’t even there! Several of the original new england girls pulled out a while ago bc of prep school restrictions. They supplemented some spots, but corrigan put all of the original girls on roster in TM and even gave some numbers. Stats posted for kids not there, definitely don’t trust any of them.

Ouch all the top New England girls weren’t even there and Long Island had to overcome a 5 goal deficit to win by 1 goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The wrong kids making undersrmou. Nothin new. Where you been. Theta have been plenty of times when coaches from all clubs and high school teams put their girls on over other girls who played better. College coaches have been smart to this fir a while and doing out much stock whether your in UA or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

Best to say the Jesters Dad coach only concern was to get as many Jesters on the team as possible and Thorn's was as many YJ players regardless if they earned the spots or not and the results speak for themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

Best to say the Jesters Dad coach only concern was to get as many Jesters on the team as possible and Thorn's was as many YJ players regardless if they earned the spots or not and the results speak for themselves.

But their bio’s say they made UA team. The performance of the team is secondary. The LI selection process is a cesspool with only 1 certain person stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters coach had 17 YJ players on the team so what’s your point? That’s the same coach that built Jesters 23 team to be a top team in that class. Jesters also best YJ this summer so why are we bashing the coach. I wish he coached my daughter! I switched over to Jesters for that very reason - my daughter wasn’t getting coached over at YJ. Best move I ever made!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But their bio’s say they made UA team. The performance of the team is secondary. The LI selection process is a cesspool with only 1 certain person stirring the pot.

It was a complete joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL !! Keep telling yourself that.. the 2023 YJ team which made up most of the UA team is simply toxic. They will never win as a team ever.. They need a complete reset. The parents are negative and the kids have no heart. They are all entitled and they are team mojo killers. They should be embarrassed. The fact that is the YJ 2023 team is damaged goods and when teamed with that stunad loud mouth daddy coach from the jesters its no wonder why this team stunk. They would have lost to their C team. I don't expect that anyone will be buying the game film of that weekend ...lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep talking about all that talent . When does that talent win!! There is always an excuse. Sick of hearing about the talent. So they look awesome in 3 v 3's or 7 v 7's.. Who cares. Let me know when that talent does ANYTHING. They are all too selfish to win anything. Im bored

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You lost because you are looking at the wrong stats. You lost because of turn overs, ground ball, draw controls and penalties. This is why Long Island cant get its act together at tournaments. All you are worried about is goals and assist and that how your kids play. You're the type who is happy to lose by 7 goals but as long as your kid has a couple of goals its all good. Learn the game first. DOPE

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: condescending behavior
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep talking about all that talent . When does that talent win!! There is always an excuse. Sick of hearing about the talent. So they look awesome in 3 v 3's or 7 v 7's.. Who cares. Let me know when that talent does ANYTHING. They are all too selfish to win anything. Im bored

its ball hog central. no one passes its basically the mantra of the 2023 yj teams. no one is a team player colleges note that and it will all now be on film

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Was there. My daughter made this team of individual beautiful and talented young women. Stop this please. They are all worthy. This coach was on an island with no backup. He probably didn’t know some of their names yet we are condemning him for not taking this group of players all the way? He’s not my cup of tea but he was chosen. Not you. And if coach BT had been there would there likely have been a different outcome ? I don’t think so. They did not play as a unit. These yj girls I know and watched looked as if they just met. There were moments. Let’s not forget the ugly basics- over throwing, missed catches, forcing the pass time and again in front of the crease. The non YJ players contributed as much as the YJ for good and not so good. We all missed draws. We all got a TON of bad calls for good checks. We all got a TON of yellow cards. And had an ejection. Let’s not forget that we played 3 men down for a game. Two very strong Mid lines. 1 was stacked with YJ and 1 not. Legacy and Jesters, what, 3 of them played and all 3 put up stats- game winner goals and assists and as many draw wins as any one did for this team. Which wasn’t many In the semi final. This crying is embarrassing. about what ? Let’s have a redo and have these girls play as a team. With some emotion. As if they wanted to win. That’s the game I want to see. Let’s move on and hope for a spring varsity season that we can watch. Enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Was there. My daughter made this team of individual beautiful and talented young women. Stop this please. They are all worthy. This coach was on an island with no backup. He probably didn’t know some of their names yet we are condemning him for not taking this group of players all the way? He’s not my cup of tea but he was chosen. Not you. And if coach BT had been there would there likely have been a different outcome ? I don’t think so. They did not play as a unit. These yj girls I know and watched looked as if they just met. There were moments. Let’s not forget the ugly basics- over throwing, missed catches, forcing the pass time and again in front of the crease. The non YJ players contributed as much as the YJ for good and not so good. We all missed draws. We all got a TON of bad calls for good checks. We all got a TON of yellow cards. And had an ejection. Let’s not forget that we played 3 men down for a game. Two very strong Mid lines. 1 was stacked with YJ and 1 not. Legacy and Jesters, what, 3 of them played and all 3 put up stats- game winner goals and assists and as many draw wins as any one did for this team. Which wasn’t many In the semi final. This crying is embarrassing. about what ? Let’s have a redo and have these girls play as a team. With some emotion. As if they wanted to win. That’s the game I want to see. Let’s move on and hope for a spring varsity season that we can watch. Enough

Nice heartfelt response, but it doesn’t negate the mess. I’m still hearing a lot of excuses. YJ has a history if playing thug ball and then whining when called for it. A lot of time, money and emotion wasted for what should have been an amazing experience turned to disappointment and resentment. I agree that there is way to much selfishness and entitlement in this age group between both coaches and players. I’ve seen it since my daughter was in 1st grade hearing YJ family plan yelling go to goal, cliquy parents snubbing their noses as they walked by. Karma coming round. Maybe a good time to reflect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i hear violins ...please stop...people are sick of the excuses, FF plans, daddy coaches, mean girls attiitudes and it continues ....the mess was created a long time ago... this is the result

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

I hope he doesn’t put this UA debacle on his resume! Yikes! Only one Jester deserved to be there, and it wasn’t him😳

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m guessing your princess didn’t make it!!!! Lmfao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

I hope he doesn’t put this UA debacle on his resume! Yikes! Only one Jester deserved to be there, and it wasn’t him😳

Absolutely spot on. Jesters are a B level team. There best player is the former TG and its not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it had nothing to do with the skill of those boys or the training they received when they left the jesters/pal dad coach? It's a bit of a stretch to say he was 'completely responsible for their success' in winning a NYS Class A Championship when he hadn't coached any of those boys in over 6 years (some longer). And majority of that state championship team got years of training from not only a strong school program, but numerous travel clubs including 91, Express, LI Tradition/Bluefish, Igloo, Outlaws, True Blue and others.

No...you're right. He is completely responsible.....and such a great role model. Have your kid google him when they get a chance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

Absolutely spot on. Jesters are a B level team. There best player is the former TG and its not even close.

His UA debacle?! Was he playing?! All you haters commenting on the girls and the coaches, you're a BIG reason your kid didn't make it. For the rest of us, players didn't play as a team. Its that simple. Go to goal, and wanting to be THE highlight reel of the team was a prevalent issue. Maybe it's a sign of the desperate times and kids needing to look like a rock star on film for recruiting. Regardless, no other coach could have made the outcome different, even BT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it had nothing to do with the skill of those boys or the training they received when they left the jesters/pal dad coach? It's a bit of a stretch to say he was 'completely responsible for their success' in winning a NYS Class A Championship when he hadn't coached any of those boys in over 6 years (some longer). And majority of that state championship team got years of training from not only a strong school program, but numerous travel clubs including 91, Express, LI Tradition/Bluefish, Igloo, Outlaws, True Blue and others.

wait now ... so he is NOT responsible when his teams ARE successful - it's the players, not him. yet he IS responsible when the team is NOT successful, not the players? solid logic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rather my daughter not make it, than one of the girls who did, but shouldn’t have. You know the ones I’m talking about. The ones who didn’t score one point, turned the ball over, lost draws. Should I go on? Sorry I’m calling out your daughter, but if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem! Maybe she was in a little over her head? It’s what happens when there’s a political agenda. Everyone loses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wait now ... so he is NOT responsible when his teams ARE successful - it's the players, not him. yet he IS responsible when the team is NOT successful, not the players? solid logic

OK, so the point flew over your head.

Let me slow it down for you. You cannot claim to be 'completely responsible for their success' when he didn't coach any of those players for 6 or more seasons. In case you're still not following, this is in reference to the 2019 Massapequa Boys Varsity NYS Championship team. Jester Dad coach hadn't coached any of those boys since 2013!!

He can be responsible for growth of his club, success or failure of his current teams.....but can't be responsible for somebody else's team/program.

Understand now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what’s your real issue? Is it that your kid didn’t make the team? Neither did mine but we both know the Keaters coach didn’t out that roster together. One club controls that and everyone knows it. Is it that the tribe has played together for the summer and fall? You could have put a team together for your daughter too. Mine did! Or is it that you are just miserable and can’t stand to see these girls outside of the traditional clubs have any success? Jesters is a good solid club. There kids are well trained and conditioned and somehow they manage to keep it fun and positive!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rather my daughter not make it, than one of the girls who did, but shouldn’t have. You know the ones I’m talking about. The ones who didn’t score one point, turned the ball over, lost draws. Should I go on? Sorry I’m calling out your daughter, but if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem! Maybe she was in a little over her head? It’s what happens when there’s a political agenda. Everyone loses

I will end that on your daughter didn’t make it lmfao!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jesters coach was an embarrassment. He was SCREAMING at 15 year old girls on top of his lungs at a showcase tournament. He was frustrated because his go to pressure defense got completely torched by the CT team. I'm sure that works when you are playing some Micky Mouse travel clubs, but not when you are playing kids of the caliber of Baltimore and CONNY. Oh and BTW after yelling at the kids all just shut down. He is only interested in his daughter like every other slimy daddy coach on Long Island whether it be from the Jesters or YJ. The words team concept have no place on those teams and until that changes winning at a consistent rate will also have no place on those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said, A complete reset is needed. Stop working on shooting and stick skills and work on their minds. They need to be reprogrammed mentally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank goodness she didn’t who would want to have been a part of that embarrassing mess! I lmfao too, when you got beat down by Grizzlies and then had to drive 8 hours home with a big L on your forehead! Fun times!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jesters coach was an embarrassment. He was SCREAMING at 15 year old girls on top of his lungs at a showcase tournament. He was frustrated because his go to pressure defense got completely torched by the CT team. I'm sure that works when you are playing some Micky Mouse travel clubs, but not when you are playing kids of the caliber of Baltimore and CONNY. Oh and BTW after yelling at the kids all just shut down. He is only interested in his daughter like every other slimy daddy coach on Long Island whether it be from the Jesters or YJ. The words team concept have no place on those teams and until that changes winning at a consistent rate will also have no place on those teams.

You are almost correct here. Yes the screaming was
A little intense and totally inappropriate, but the pressure defense actually worked with Connecticut once they started using it.
Either way not a good look but I feel bad for the girls they worked hard to be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The jesters coach was an embarrassment. He was SCREAMING at 15 year old girls on top of his lungs at a showcase tournament. He was frustrated because his go to pressure defense got completely torched by the CT team. I'm sure that works when you are playing some Micky Mouse travel clubs, but not when you are playing kids of the caliber of Baltimore and CONNY. Oh and BTW after yelling at the kids all just shut down. He is only interested in his daughter like every other slimy daddy coach on Long Island whether it be from the Jesters or YJ. The words team concept have no place on those teams and until that changes winning at a consistent rate will also have no place on those teams.

CR should be embarrassed that she left the Jesters Coach in charge. The guy clearly has no clue and only took the coaching spot so his daughter would make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The jesters coach was an embarrassment. He was SCREAMING at 15 year old girls on top of his lungs at a showcase tournament. He was frustrated because his go to pressure defense got completely torched by the CT team. I'm sure that works when you are playing some Micky Mouse travel clubs, but not when you are playing kids of the caliber of Baltimore and CONNY. Oh and BTW after yelling at the kids all just shut down. He is only interested in his daughter like every other slimy daddy coach on Long Island whether it be from the Jesters or YJ. The words team concept have no place on those teams and until that changes winning at a consistent rate will also have no place on those teams.

The same Dad Coach was a lunatic when Legacy beat Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank goodness she didn’t who would want to have been a part of that embarrassing mess! I lmfao too, when you got beat down by Grizzlies and then had to drive 8 hours home with a big L on your forehead! Fun times!

Not fun yes but still part of the show. Probably about as much fun as you driving home from jersey knowing your daughter is garbage!!!!!’

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typically a coach will make an adjustment in a lacrosse game before it get to 9-0. The other team was in basically stall mode and killing clock. basically only taking layups if they were there. Maybe he should have face guarded that one CT girl but why should I second guess the Jesters coach because as I have read here he is awesome. If he didn't know anything about that kid, then he was the only one in the complex who didn't .. Coaches prepare before and during the game. He did neither. The CT team just showed mercy. it was an butt kicking FULL STOP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a case this weekend at Cantiague park. Looks like a good deal. Not too $. Maybe good for some film?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...with all the failures, who will be the UA coaches next summer when it counts? Maybe time for TG coaches to take a stab? Nothing to lose, and it's about time LI brings home a championship! Shannon Smith??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR should be embarrassed that she left the Jesters Coach in charge. The guy clearly has no clue and only took the coaching spot so his daughter would make the team.

CR should be concerned about why her own team underperformed! Time for a change!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait - who is surprised that Becky Thorn wasn't there? Please don't tell me someone was surprised by this. Why would CR care who coaches? Did someone cut her a check? No. Did YJ girls make the team? Yes. So, why should she care? She doesn't care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...with all the failures, who will be the UA coaches next summer when it counts? Maybe time for TG coaches to take a stab? Nothing to lose, and it's about time LI brings home a championship! Shannon Smith??

The top gun team that literally is afraid to play any other Long Island team????? Who is losing players?????
Yea should be great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG coaches selected in past - was 10times worse. completely pushing TG girls. talk about greasin the wheel. TG wrote the book on BS at UA. they re the last guys you want evalauting. look at their 2020 and 2021 teams all the good ones left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 TG folks talking to other teams bc TG coaching stinks. TG parents ask about the competition to see if they want to jump. I would take jester directors and Yj coaches any day. wish levy was coaching 23 legacy. if he is look out he is a solid coach. but best coach on LI is Liberty owner. knows how to win but need tough skin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top gun team that literally is afraid to play any other Long Island team????? Who is losing players?????
Yea should be great!

Who are they afraid to play??? Pretty sure they have beaten all of you clowns! They lost one player, but team is deep and 3 starters will be returning in the spring , so no worries there. As for TG coaching UA, your telling me that these coaches from YJ, Legacy and Jesters have done better after stacking teams with their players??? Nothing less than a championship is acceptable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So...with all the failures, who will be the UA coaches next summer when it counts? Maybe time for TG coaches to take a stab? Nothing to lose, and it's about time LI brings home a championship! Shannon Smith??

Yea should be great![

Yes TG are afraid that’s why they are always in the top bracket of every tournament. YJ on the other hand have always ducked competition and Jesters they are a town team. Jesters are in a B bracket at Primetime avoiding competition playing Nems and Aim, lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Big “L” on the forehead had already been taken-by you & your daughter for Not making the team. It must be so frustrating. The girls that made it seem to be at least 7-1 when it comes to their amazing trickery. Yes, seems these Same girls, over & over & over & over again have successfully tricked their youth team coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked their travel clubs into thinking they are elite. Tricked Your varsity coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked the Under Armor coaches, including Levy last year (who took only 1 Legacy girl himself) into thinking they are elite. Tricked Newsday, Back of The cage And Inside Lacrosse into thinking they are elite. Only one they couldn’t trick was You- the know nothing, angry, resentful lacrosse parent.
Ride home was great. No lacrosse discussed. Best quality time going to dinner and talking with my daughter is Invaluable. So, if you Never get to experience the Chesapeake Bridge & Tunnel with this daughter of yours....I hope you get to see it in your own life, when you have one, as it is beautiful.
Maybe you can continue to live vicariously through us or one of your other children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Big “L” on the forehead had already been taken-by you & your daughter for Not making the team. It must be so frustrating. The girls that made it seem to be at least 7-1 when it comes to their amazing trickery. Yes, seems these Same girls, over & over & over & over again have successfully tricked their youth team coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked their travel clubs into thinking they are elite. Tricked Your varsity coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked the Under Armor coaches, including Levy last year (who took only 1 Legacy girl himself) into thinking they are elite. Tricked Newsday, Back of The cage And Inside Lacrosse into thinking they are elite. Only one they couldn’t trick was You- the know nothing, angry, resentful lacrosse parent.
Ride home was great. No lacrosse discussed. Best quality time going to dinner and talking with my daughter is Invaluable. So, if you Never get to experience the Chesapeake Bridge & Tunnel with this daughter of yours....I hope you get to see it in your own life, when you have one, as it is beautiful.
Maybe you can continue to live vicariously through us or one of your other children.

The only trick here was the Jesters Dad coach tricking you into thinking he knew a thing about lacrosse and got totally outcoached. The results on the field speak for themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody was beating CONNY command team this year, and you can pencil them into the final game again next year at the Highlight level. They have a once a decade type player on the team who can get it done.
The quality of the Baltimore coaches always shines through at these all-star events, they have a nice system, they practice it and all the kids buy in, it can be beaten but it takes a perfect game which are hard to come by.
I watched the UA Highlight final game, LI had 1 coach to Baltimore's 3.. hard to make adjustments and substitutions all by yourself, As always LI depends on raw talent not plays or system.. until that changes the results will be the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair. But did you even know that CONNY got Blown out in every aspect by Baltimore in the first game only to beat them 8-5 later that same day and win it all. If you have been around long enough, you’d know there are bad games & good games. Bad days & good days. Learning from it and Turning the page is a life lesson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair. But did you even know that CONNY got Blown out in every aspect by Baltimore in the first game only to beat them 8-5 later that same day and win it all. If you have been around long enough, you’d know there are bad games & good games. Bad days & good days. Learning from it and Turning the page is a life lesson.

I actually did know that, although I didn't see the game and I was curious if it was a little gamesmanship on behalf on CONNY as the exact opposite happened last year in the command division.. CONNY surprised Balt in an early round. but the Balt coaches, to their credit found a way to beat them in the semi final, and then Balt knocked off a more rested LI team in the final game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Big “L” on the forehead had already been taken-by you & your daughter for Not making the team. It must be so frustrating. The girls that made it seem to be at least 7-1 when it comes to their amazing trickery. Yes, seems these Same girls, over & over & over & over again have successfully tricked their youth team coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked their travel clubs into thinking they are elite. Tricked Your varsity coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked the Under Armor coaches, including Levy last year (who took only 1 Legacy girl himself) into thinking they are elite. Tricked Newsday, Back of The cage And Inside Lacrosse into thinking they are elite. Only one they couldn’t trick was You- the know nothing, angry, resentful lacrosse parent.

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I actually did know that, although I didn't see the game and I was curious if it was a little gamesmanship on behalf on CONNY as the exact opposite happened last year in the command division.. CONNY surprised Balt in an early round. but the Balt coaches, to their credit found a way to beat them in the semi final, and then Balt knocked off a more rested LI team in the final game.

I was there last year and that was a tough loss to Baltimore as LI played down a girl for 7 straight minutes. LI blew everyone out in pool play then beat a solid Philly team to suffer their first and only loss to a 2 loss Baltimore team, I tip my hat off to baltimore as I felt LI had much more talent, but Baltimore found a way to win the title....much respect.
This year the team was loaded with talent but as we know that didnt translate the way we planned. The facts are this, yes they came up short and the results were not what we wanted, but its sad that every parent whose kid got cut or was too scared to tryout was cheering and laughing about the losses. Hey at least we were there in the fight, while you rooted at home against these girls.
I wont make any excuses as we came up short again but it was a great experience. Do yourselves a favor and stop making excuses why your daughter didnt make the team.... you sound like a whiner and apples dont fall far from trees. Sad your consolation is to rip on the girls who did make the team to make you feel better about yours not being good enough to overcome all the 'politics' lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island teams play a completely different lacrosse game then the Baltimore/Md teams. LI is dependent on individual players basically looking to dodge and go to goal, and there are a good number of girls who can do that against most of the teams out there. But then they encounter these high level defenses and get completely shut down and really have no idea what to do. The Md teams play a much better brand of lacrosse, not even close. Lots of ball movement, off ball player movement, cutting and feeds and quick stick goals. I am from LI, but love watching these Md teams play, it is flat out just much better lacrosse than our girls play. We get to watch our LI girls try over and over to force the ball on a dodge, most often losing the ball and in the best case scenario they get fouled by one of the three defenders they are trying to individually take on. Ugly LI lacrosse, but that is what nearly all the LI clubs teach these kids, clear out for Becky and let her go to goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there last year and that was a tough loss to Baltimore as LI played down a girl for 7 straight minutes. LI blew everyone out in pool play then beat a solid Philly team to suffer their first and only loss to a 2 loss Baltimore team, I tip my hat off to baltimore as I felt LI had much more talent, but Baltimore found a way to win the title....much respect.
This year the team was loaded with talent but as we know that didnt translate the way we planned. The facts are this, yes they came up short and the results were not what we wanted, but its sad that every parent whose kid got cut or was too scared to tryout was cheering and laughing about the losses. Hey at least we were there in the fight, while you rooted at home against these girls.
I wont make any excuses as we came up short again but it was a great experience. Do yourselves a favor and stop making excuses why your daughter didnt make the team.... you sound like a whiner and apples dont fall far from trees. Sad your consolation is to rip on the girls who did make the team to make you feel better about yours not being good enough to overcome all the 'politics' lol.

Wow. A lot of bloviating. Maybe they lost because the players picked are not the best players even though your little Suzy made the team since you paid the vig.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You said it better, but those are the thoughts I was trying to convey above..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody was beating CONNY command team this year, and you can pencil them into the final game again next year at the Highlight level. They have a once a decade type player on the team who can get it done.
The quality of the Baltimore coaches always shines through at these all-star events, they have a nice system, they practice it and all the kids buy in, it can be beaten but it takes a perfect game which are hard to come by.
I watched the UA Highlight final game, LI had 1 coach to Baltimore's 3.. hard to make adjustments and substitutions all by yourself, As always LI depends on raw talent not plays or system.. until that changes the results will be the same.

Baltimore and LI both had 2 coaches in the Highlight finals. Baltimore proved they were the superior team throughout the regional and championships. LI barely got by NJ while Baltimore beat them 14-7. Baltimore controlled the draws in their games and their defense just didn't give up a lot of quality chances. There's a reason they've won the highlight division the last 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you keep comparing the LI style of lacrosse to MD when you didn't even play MD and MD lost in the big game.. Seems to me that the teams with similar styles played in the National Championship and the team that won had the best style.. There is parity in lacrosse now folks and local area needs to adjust their minds to that and quite frankly their styles of play. The days of Long Island travel dominance is over. Thug ball doesn't work against higher talent. I think that was evident in the UA tournament. The better teams play like teams ….plain and simple. There needs to be a wider net casted on Long Island and more travels teams should be represented. We should have a Long Island ONLY tournament and settle this once and for all. You have Legacy, TG, YJ and the Jesters simply play for a LI travel championship and call it a day. It will never happen because money and politics have corrupted the whole system and what you have left is what everyone saw in Virginia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have our share of clubs in Maryland who's philosophy is the same you're describing in LI: handful of players try to dodge force a goal, most of the time they get shut down and lose ball. Extra special touch they encourage players to "fall" in attempt draw foul. Sadly some of those club coaches also coach HS and encourage said sloppy behavior and I'm embarrassed for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First everyone is not making excuses for not making the team. The ones that are, are 100% entitled to their frustration with the process. It seems that every year YJ has a coach, and then the second switches to someone else. I get that YJ is a traditionally strong/top LI program, but not in this age group. I am pretty sure everyone agrees on that. Last year there were a bunch of Legacy girls, when their coach was working it. This year it was Jesters. TG was snubbed. How would everyone feel if next year there is a TG coach and that person loads the team with their players? It diminishes the tryout and event in general. This bias is horrible for the moral of the girls, and breeds anger and contempt in the parents.There are several strong and competitive programs on LI. They really should be all equally represented. No doubt that way too many YJ girls get pushed through first round every year. Some deserved, some not so much. Now you might understand why so many were routing against this LI team, and they didn't disappoint there. Moving forward, there needs to be a better, fair way to evaluate the girls. The top 5-6 we know will make it because they are normally consistent, but anyone can have a bad tryout, even a great player, but they always seem to be pushed through, I'm ok with that. If you don't want people slamming this UA team for an embarrassing showing, then UA needs to do better in the evaluation process. The girls that didn't make the team due to the politics are over it, but you need to understand that it is sweet revenge seeing that team fail miserably.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

Should have been more! Just as deserving

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there were no YJ coaches. It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Last year there were no YJ coaches. It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?

It’s not nice to call YJ director Bertolone a nobody he was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First everyone is not making excuses for not making the team. The ones that are, are 100% entitled to their frustration with the process. It seems that every year YJ has a coach, and then the second switches to someone else. I get that YJ is a traditionally strong/top LI program, but not in this age group. I am pretty sure everyone agrees on that. Last year there were a bunch of Legacy girls, when their coach was working it. This year it was Jesters. TG was snubbed. How would everyone feel if next year there is a TG coach and that person loads the team with their players? It diminishes the tryout and event in general. This bias is horrible for the moral of the girls, and breeds anger and contempt in the parents.There are several strong and competitive programs on LI. They really should be all equally represented. No doubt that way too many YJ girls get pushed through first round every year. Some deserved, some not so much. Now you might understand why so many were routing against this LI team, and they didn't disappoint there. Moving forward, there needs to be a better, fair way to evaluate the girls. The top 5-6 we know will make it because they are normally consistent, but anyone can have a bad tryout, even a great player, but they always seem to be pushed through, I'm ok with that. If you don't want people slamming this UA team for an embarrassing showing, then UA needs to do better in the evaluation process. The girls that didn't make the team due to the politics are over it, but you need to understand that it is sweet revenge seeing that team fail miserably.

Almost if not every evaluator for the highlight division was A YJ coach. They knew who they were taking before it started. Ask the girls because they were discussing it That’s par for the course and most expected it. Buy don’t pretend that it’s not a fix And a shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Decent analysis. But to conclude UA needs to do better is off the mark. With YJ director and coaches involved it will not change. YJ recruits based on their ability to push marginal players onto select teams. Parents know this and pay the vig so daughters can add these selections to their bio. Read the threads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Fair. But did you even know that CONNY got Blown out in every aspect by Baltimore in the first game only to beat them 8-5 later that same day and win it all. If you have been around long enough, you’d know there are bad games & good games. Bad days & good days. Learning from it and Turning the page is a life lesson.

Decent analysis. But to conclude UA needs to do better is off the mark. With YJ director and coaches involved it will not change. YJ recruits based on their ability to push marginal players onto select teams. Parents know this and pay the vig so daughters can add these selections to their bio. Read the threads.

The problem for the girls with the great bios. When a coach comes to scout weather its in a game or at a camp and the performance doesn't match the resume you are scratched off the list. With a lot of hype comes a lot of expectations.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard