BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,558
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Totally agree! The best talent was there from Long Island. I don’t see how they can pick a team based on what hey saw yesterday at tryouts. My guess it will be the same ole BS.. the team compiled with YJ and Jesters!

Actually, many of the best girls did not attend. There were a few top TG and YJ girls who really stood out, otherwise I was not that impressed. Under Armour will no doubt be the premier event once again, and I suspect many of the better girls will decline the invitation. This whole thing is about to backfire on CR. Only good thing is that it will open up spots for more girls.

Looks like Jesters pretty much running the UA tryouts. So? They prob. Know who they are picking already as well. We will see who makes UA teams. I’m sure they are super happy YJ stepped away

Jesters have 3 girls who are good players, not great. Many other girls in the age group better. Jesters is not in the same league as YJ or TG. Do you remember what happened to them when they played TG a couple months ago? That said, those three will make UA regardless of how they try out. There will be about 6 more spots for ‘23s. The rest of the spots go to ‘22s. It will be the North Shore YJ girl, and a few TGs. The other good YJs are doing AS. Both events will be great for recruiting purposes but Long Island talent will be split so I’m not sure how either team will perform. Will be interesting.

Don’t forget about Elevate girls making it their owner is the coach. Do you really think he isn’t taking girls from his own club?

True. Elevate will get a couple from each grade

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a shame that UA has apparently let the selection process slip on Long Island. Although there have always been complaints UA did an excellent job up until last year. Under Armour has been the premier HS event and it has always been the most competitive tournament.

We will see on September 1st who the college coaches believe the best players to be. From what I have witnessed over the years there will be 40 - 50 players that just about all of the Top Programs will focus on. No program gets "all" of they players they want so once the dust settles and the top players are off the board the college coaches look at which players are still out there and the process begins again.... after a bunch of the next tier players commit the coaches go back to the drawing board and the process begins again ... it repeats until the coaches fill all of their spots...

The "Recruiting Process" is a telling as well as stressful time (I have been through it multiple times). Good luck to all and try to enjoy the ride....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters seem to be getting stronger and stronger every year at every age group however the 23's are freaking good. They looked strong at Lax for the Cure and my daughter doesn't even play there. They play the game the right way with everyone touching the ball. If she wasn't in her recruiting years they would definitly be an option.

Good until they ran into a bunch of Grizzlies from CT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of what an independent evaluator says. They give their list of girls of who they feel are the top players and who are they giving it to Rose? Who then takes that list and selects the players she wants on the team anyway.

100% correct

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saying 3 Jesters make UA is very generous. 1 girl the former TG will make it and the coach's daughter will make it go with 2 Jesters making it. They will probably take around 6 or 7 2023's total. This will be a 2022 dominated team between YJ, TG and Elevate girls.

You should not have a dad coach period. look what happened last year It invalidates the whole thing.. imo

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saying 3 Jesters make UA is very generous. 1 girl the former TG will make it and the coach's daughter will make it go with 2 Jesters making it. They will probably take around 6 or 7 2023's total. This will be a 2022 dominated team between YJ, TG and Elevate girls.

You should not have a dad coach period. look what happened last year It invalidates the whole thing.. imo

You are absolutely correct. There will always be complaints and there will always be some “politics” but there should never be a parent of a player who is competing involved in the selection process or coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are absolutely correct. There will always be complaints and there will always be some “politics” but there should never be a parent of a player who is competing involved in the selection process or coaching.

Nonsense. One post complains CR has an advanced list and therefore invalid, and another screams about daddy coaching and therefore invalid. Wherever your kid can play is the place to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense. One post complains CR has an advanced list and therefore invalid, and another screams about daddy coaching and therefore invalid. Wherever your kid can play is the place to be.

so you would want a dad coach picking his own kid and then coaching the team? that is the most ridiculous thing ever. I agree play lacrosse but this is not a town team... so lets not have a dad pick his kid and her friends for a national team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour will actually not be the top tournamnet. You will see once the rosters are set that is not going to be the case. Many of the UA kids from last year have made the switch. MANY NOT ALL. There will be more talent at the American Select. I am not speculating at all here and and all I ask is that you wait for the rosters to drop and then comment. I think the UA will be good as well but not as well attended by the top players as the Ameican Select. Many of the UA gilrs from Baltimore,Conny & the South have already made the switch and now from what I am hearing many from Long Island will be heading to Delaware. Some of the AS rosters are up and if you know which kids are which, you will see what I am saying. You will have a few of the top girls still headed to UA because of fear of changing and they like the way that the UA name looks on the resume but I would bet that the LI American Select team would beat the UA Team once set. The again the UA Long Island team was a hot dumpster fire last year and its no wonder why some would change. Either way none of the kids will be wrong for choosing either one. If your kids made either team, that is a good problem to have. Good Luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear that AS having 2 Long Island teams for some ages?? Beyond ridiculous if that is the case. $$$$ grab.
I would think the top girls would do UA; still prestigious and many unknowns in first year of AS,,,, one known is it’s $800 all in for AS and UA is free when you make the team. obv tryout fee but free after it.
2 2024 teams for AS if true would be a debacle dictated by $$$

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is a shame that all of this is happening. UA has been a fantastic event for many years, yes there have always been complaints but most of the complaints have simply been sour grapes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again!! Look at the facts…15 YJ and 5 jesters last year! Duhh..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is a shame that all of this is happening. UA has been a fantastic event for many years, yes there have always been complaints but most of the complaints have simply been sour grapes.

UA needs to fix the way they do tryouts and get some unbiased “evaluators” to evaluate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA needs to fix the way they do tryouts and get some unbiased “evaluators” to evaluate

For what it is worth, my oldest went to the Tryouts back in 2015. There were no YJ Coaches or evaluators, 14 of the 24 players selected to the team were Yellow Jackets, 4 Top Guns, and I believe Elevate and Liberty each had 3 players selected.

People still complained...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For what it is worth, my oldest went to the Tryouts back in 2015. There were no YJ Coaches or evaluators, 14 of the 24 players selected to the team were Yellow Jackets, 4 Top Guns, and I believe Elevate and Liberty each had 3 players selected.

Exactly, people are never happy. Kids should have
tried out for AS. Some have more than one team per age group. So that was very exclusive. Everyone got a trophy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes its always been dominated by certain clubs, and people will always complain about something but having a father of one of the players be the evaluator and coach isn't the way to go if you want to be recognized as a top event. Its a conflict of interest. It doesn't bode well for credibility. So we already know there are at least 3-4 less spots than should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes its always been dominated by certain clubs, and people will always complain about something but having a father of one of the players be the evaluator and coach isn't the way to go if you want to be recognized as a top event. Its a conflict of interest. It doesn't bode well for credibility. So we already know there are at least 3-4 less spots than should be.

Agree, parental involvement has to end!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The website says the dad coach has the younger Command team. The jesters team he coaches and his daughter is Highlite team age. Boring subject.move on.
Are the rosters out yet from AS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour will actually not be the top tournamnet. You will see once the rosters are set that is not going to be the case. Many of the UA kids from last year have made the switch. MANY NOT ALL. There will be more talent at the American Select. I am not speculating at all here and and all I ask is that you wait for the rosters to drop and then comment. I think the UA will be good as well but not as well attended by the top players as the Ameican Select. Many of the UA gilrs from Baltimore,Conny & the South have already made the switch and now from what I am hearing many from Long Island will be heading to Delaware. Some of the AS rosters are up and if you know which kids are which, you will see what I am saying. You will have a few of the top girls still headed to UA because of fear of changing and they like the way that the UA name looks on the resume but I would bet that the LI American Select team would beat the UA Team once set. The again the UA Long Island team was a hot dumpster fire last year and its no wonder why some would change. Either way none of the kids will be wrong for choosing either one. If your kids made either team, that is a good problem to have. Good Luck to all

Under Armour total fee is $145 - $170 depending on when you registered ahead of the tryout. American Select is $720 if you make the team. Having seen the tryout process where I live, American Select was run just like Under Armour, the coaches for the event were from just two clubs and they were right in the middle of the selection process with the other evaluators and the teams are full of their kids. Those same coaches were actively recruiting kids to come play for their club during tryouts. Just watered down competition now with both events on the same weekend. Some of the American Select games will be incredibly lopsided when the top teams play other less developed regions that drew from a much smaller tryout area than Under Armour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The website says the dad coach has the younger Command team. The jesters team he coaches and his daughter is Highlite team age. Boring subject.move on.
Are the rosters out yet from AS?

You really don’t think his Jesters comrade won’t be selecting his daughter and her buddies?? Also have to wonder how many Elevate girls who would have had no shot wind up on the roster. UA should do like AS, and have unbiased college coaches select the teams. Enough with the daddy and mommy club coaches. What a joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, so I just noticed on the AS website that there will be two teams. I am kind of upset about this, and wish I knew before I paid $620. What a bait and switch. Does anyone know if the teams will be "A" and "B", or will they be mixed evenly? Guess we will find out soon when the rosters are posted. What a bunch of money grabbers! Looks like everyone is getting a trophy, and CR another big fat paycheck! Anyone else have thoughts on this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, so I just noticed on the AS website that there will be two teams. I am kind of upset about this, and wish I knew before I paid $620. What a bait and switch. Does anyone know if the teams will be "A" and "B", or will they be mixed evenly? Guess we will find out soon when the rosters are posted. What a bunch of money grabbers! Looks like everyone is getting a trophy, and CR another big fat paycheck! Anyone else have thoughts on this?

It also specifically states on their website that there will be one team per grade. LI is the only region that did this, probably because there weren't
enough to make a second team. Take a screenshot and dispute the charge if not happy. Misrepresentation. This is getting interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, agree! What are the two teams all about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

honestly I think it good A lot of college coaches in attendance at AS. Should be good whatever team your on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

honestly I think it good A lot of college coaches in attendance at AS. Should be good whatever team your on.

How about answer the questions? Why on Earth are there two team besides the fact that directors are greedy. So, why was there a tryout if everyone made the team?? They should have been upfront about this from the beginning. Fish rots from the head down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too bad, Under Armour had a good thing going (should never have allowed a parent to be involved). UA underclass was an excellent event, yes there were always a some deserving players who were not selected but overall they did an excellent job and the tournament was extremely competitive (by far the most competitive HS event). If AS is doing two teams per grade and UA is run at the same time everything will be watered down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about answer the questions? Why on Earth are there two team besides the fact that directors are greedy. So, why was there a tryout if everyone made the team?? They should have been upfront about this from the beginning. Fish rots from the head down

Everyone who tried out did not make the team(s)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think because they couldn’t form a team in the 2022 age group. So they made 2 teams to make up for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think because they couldn’t form a team in the 2022 age group. So they made 2 teams to make up for it.

They have 2 teams for 23,24 and 25. Ridiculous! This was advertised as a single select team per age group. What changed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They made 2 teams at the 24 and 25's as well, not just the 23's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have 2 teams for 23,24 and 25. Ridiculous! This was advertised as a single select team per age group. What changed?

what changed is that the directors know that enough parents will pay for an "Elite Team" lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go with this again, I liked the earlier comment...... SOUR GRAPES.
Name one girl that should not have been on that team...... I’LL WAIT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your missing the point Mr sour grapes. It’s not who’s deserving or not! It’s about the process and politics of team selection. If you can’t see that then you must be drinking that spiked cool aid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Again!! Look at the facts…15 YJ and 5 jesters last year! Duhh..

YJ has 15 UA girls, Top Guns beat them. Jesters have 5 UA girls, Top Guns beat them. Top Guns had 1 girl make UA and many didn't make the call back game. Top Guns are currently ranked the #2 team in the country. The only explanation for this is Top Guns has the best coach in the age group. He's doing a lot more with less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to...but not allowed to on this site. But plenty people I know have shaken their head at disbelief over the selections. If the team was actually chosen with the top girls, and daddy coaches didn't play their daughters over better girls, maybe LI would win the tournament. No sour grapes, just facts, and you will be waiting along time if you think it will be any different this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what changed is that the directors know that enough parents will pay for an "Elite Team" lol

Heard there is an A team and B team. The Back team has all the better girls on it.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if that’s an accurate assessment. I see girls on “black” team that didn’t make cut first round of emails.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if that’s an accurate assessment. I see girls on “black” team that didn’t make cut first round of emails.

There are only 16 girls on the Red team, but 22 on the Black. The girls who stood out at the tryout, and top players on their travel teams are all on the Black team, seems like a solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like they mixed up a few girls that were supposed to be on the red team. Like 3 or 4… I’m sure they will adjust the lineups to equal them out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is realy no justification for this even considering that this is a recruitment year and low 22 turnout. What made these tornaments special was the fact that it was supposed to be hard to make Thats what the call back academy was created for. Every program in the US is having trouble fielding a 22's so why not have this for every state ?. They have hung All American tags on kids that barlely contributed if at all for their high schools. Im talking kids with single digits in a 16 game season. Now I wont deny that that the UA was 95%-99% predetermined but MAYBE many of the ordained kids didnt make AS originally because non biased 3rd party evaluators were involved, weather or whatever excuse they will make. There had to be calls made after that AS tryout due to not getting an early email. Thats why the rosters seems to be blended with a mash up of very good players and very mediocre kids. As for the UA, the good news is that they may have a shot this year of winning. One of the teams in the UA finals last year has less that 3 kids from last years team and the other team that won has ZERO returning to UA. They all went to AS. The good news for the AS folks is that you chose the tournament that is much closer with much better overall talent which will bring more eyeballs On the downside for the AS folks is that the team that won last year's UA is fully in tact in that tournament. So the average kids that made these teams will get exposed while the kids that deserved it will have to kill themselves trying to keep them in it. This whole thing has now become lacrosse welfare.

Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard