BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 153 of 214 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what does that mean for travel Lax?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New York State just cancelled all Fall Sports!!!

Now don’t you feel kinda “notIntelligent” by spewing fake news. Are you premature in your love life also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams were posted on twitter/Instagram by player and grad year..the broke it out by home state. But the age group team is all the girls listed as 2021, 2022 etc.. regardless of state

Exactly- there is no 2021 team from LI. There was supposed to be 1 team per age group. So again, if WPLL is saying you didn't make a team, but the team doesn't exist, that is total misrepresentation and a money grab.

Seriously, sending girls emails that they didn't make the cut for a team that doesn't exist is so wrong.

I think some are confusing the WPLL futures event with UA. Futures was a virtual application with a fee. They never made teams at each grade as they advertised bc they didn't have enough players. Instead of refunding they simply told kids they didn't make it and kept the fee. They posted lists of kids in remaining grades that did make it. Then postponed and then cancelled the whole event!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to me they could have pulled together some type of senior UA game and have been safe but I guess not worth the headache for them. Have they announced if they will be naming a Senior AA group and if so when.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a post on the MD board that the LI UAAA tryout is cancelled. Can anyone confirm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a post on the MD board that the LI UAAA tryout is cancelled. Can anyone confirm?

I know boys was postponed yesterday. I assume the girls was too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was an announcement yesterday that the LI and Upstate NY tryouts are postponed.. ( the UA games are scheduled for next week) Not much time to reschedule the tryouts.. so either no teams from NY are there or they move the tournament dates or cancel it outright..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are postponed not cancelled.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is insane! These gorilla are getting screwed and will now be directly competing with the 2023s

http://LaxFans/LaxFan/2020/07/28/hs-girls-iwlca-approve-ncaa-contact-date/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is insane! These gorilla are getting screwed and will now be directly competing with the 2023s/

Never mind the Gorillas... what about my 2022 daughter??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to under armor spokesman the tryouts were postponed due to Nassau county having a no contact rule in place regarding lacrosse. She said it is due to health restrictions in Nassau county.

I guess the HS league being run at Mitchell field is ok but UA isn’t. The whole thing is absurd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to under armor spokesman the tryouts were postponed due to Nassau county having a no contact rule in place regarding lacrosse. She said it is due to health restrictions in Nassau county.

I guess the HS league being run at Mitchell field is ok but UA isn’t. The whole thing is absurd.
Did the spokesman say anything further ? The games are a week away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ is it that hard to move the venue? break the tryout into multiple smaller groups to reduce the crowds.. as we all know 80% of the team is "already decided" ( and I don't think tha'ts a mistake as the identity of the top LI players is mostly known) .. but those other 20% need to tryout..the event is next week... somebody better do something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ is it that hard to move the venue? break the tryout into multiple smaller groups to reduce the crowds.. as we all know 80% of the team is "already decided" ( and I don't think tha'ts a mistake as the identity of the top LI players is mostly known) .. but those other 20% need to tryout..the event is next week... somebody better do something

Nope, same thing they did with WPLL Futures. Took your money with no intentions!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd urge everyone to contact their club directors and the NCAA about this July 1st proposal. The IWLCA clearly did not consider the impact on the 2022 class (or worse, did not care). How can girls figure out their lists, get to know coaches, schools, etc., when they MAY NOT EVEN BE CONTACTED until well into their senior years? If D1 recruiting takes 4-5 months (and it may be longer as July/August are two of the months), girls cannot even apply to schools that may be interested in them. And, why is only ONE sport seeking this relief? We've seen Navy lacrosse commit girls already this year, not to mention field hockey, baseball, football/basketball. If a college coach doesn't want to offer a girl, that's their right, but to not be able to COMMUNICATE is absurd. I thought the IWLCA would be "there for you" when this was over- this does the opposite - it takes away the chance to evaluate completely the D1 landscape.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd urge everyone to contact their club directors and the NCAA about this July 1st proposal. The IWLCA clearly did not consider the impact on the 2022 class (or worse, did not care). How can girls figure out their lists, get to know coaches, schools, etc., when they MAY NOT EVEN BE CONTACTED until well into their senior years? If D1 recruiting takes 4-5 months (and it may be longer as July/August are two of the months), girls cannot even apply to schools that may be interested in them. And, why is only ONE sport seeking this relief? We've seen Navy lacrosse commit girls already this year, not to mention field hockey, baseball, football/basketball. If a college coach doesn't want to offer a girl, that's their right, but to not be able to COMMUNICATE is absurd. I thought the IWLCA would be "there for you" when this was over- this does the opposite - it takes away the chance to evaluate completely the D1 landscape.

Unfortunately, with the state the country is in a lot will take the 5th year. they don't really need many 2022s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NCAA does not care about your opinion. Don’t waist your time. I just find it odd that it’s only girls. Are boys next?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Event will be postponed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, with the state the country is in a lot will take the 5th year. they don't really need many 2022s.

They cancelled Presidents Cup, the biggest recruiting event of the year months ago!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Presidents Cup isn't cancelled, it's just not being backed by IWLCA...Corrigan put out a statement that it is still on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Format for CSE All-America Games -
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/all-america-games-shift-to-regional-format/56694
Smells like desperation. I imagine some will be happy with the update.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This will have a huge negative impact to the 2022 class. I don't understand the logic. Am I missing something? They need their junior year to communicate with these coaches and teams and visit and evaluate the school to be sure both are a good fit. These girls already have a lot of game film. They were watched in-person all last Summer and Fall and already have a lot of film even if they didn't attend any tournaments this summer. This class has already been to college camps, showcases and clinics over the years. The only benefit to delaying until July 2021 is for the coaches and not the players. It gives coaches the chance to figure out how many roster spots are actually available due to the 5th year and to combine the 2022/2023 recruiting classes to fill these open spots. And of course it gives the D2 & D3 coaches a huge head start. Maybe these schools will be able to attract recruits who would've otherwise gone to a D1 program. I would hope the NCAA wouldn't approve this just for women's lacrosse but keep the same earlier dates for the 2022 boys as well as all the other sports (field hockey, tennis, etc).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Event will be postponed.

So the UA tourney will be a different format. There are now 4 regions that will compete in a round robin event. Winner of each region north, south, east and west will then move on to the championship weekend tbd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/all-america-games-shift-to-regional-format/56694

I give them credit for thinking outside the box.. well done Corrigan. Until proven otherwise the Under Armour Underclass & All American Games are still the best High school event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Softball is seeking the same change to 7/1/2021 as well, its not just lax. Curious to see what the boys coaches do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interesting, girls lacrosse is considered "non contact" lacrosse so it falls under "moderate risk" and has been good to go since July 6th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I give them credit for thinking outside the box.. well done Corrigan. Until proven otherwise the Under Armour Underclass & All American Games are still the best High school event.

Outside the box? They’re turning it into a money grab because they don’t want to refund. Seems lame!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outside the box? They’re turning it into a money grab because they don’t want to refund. Seems lame!

Completely wrong. You only pay for the tryouts. No additional charge if you make a team. Corrigan would only have to refund the NY registration fees. Corrigan is trying to do the right thing and hold the best event he can under the circumstances.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are the quality bar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not Under Armour, there still won't be anyone watching. Its about MONEY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may not be sponsored by Under Armour anymore ( I guarantee after this crazy year is over it will find new sponsorship from a big corporation/organization) but its still the place to be seen .. Once the streaming starts and the the highlight videos are posted the coaches will be watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may not be sponsored by Under Armour anymore ( I guarantee after this crazy year is over it will find new sponsorship from a big corporation/organization) but its still the place to be seen .. Once the streaming starts and the the highlight videos are posted the coaches will be watching.

UA had to drop sponsorship due to liability issues concerning Covid. They will return next year as the sponsor. You can keep trying to belittle the event but it’s still the premiere event of the summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely wrong. You only pay for the tryouts. No additional charge if you make a team. Corrigan would only have to refund the NY registration fees. Corrigan is trying to do the right thing and hold the best event he can under the circumstances.

LOL...doing the right thing. Is stringing along the 2020 seniors who played several summers of the underclass tournament, helping to make it an elite event, hoping to be selected for the Senior Game doing the right thing? Under Armour announced cancellation of the games on June 1st yet here we are almost August 1st and no mention of that on the UA lax website. Meanwhile, CSE postpones the NY tryouts and in a heartbeat has an all new regional format with dates and locations posted on the website. Mysteriously, it wasn't until all the other regions had tryouts that this was announced, although clearly they had it in their back pocket long enough to make arrangements. Why be honest and transparent when there is more money to be made?? Parents and players are just along for the ride but hopefully will at least get some film for coaches to see. Still I think most coaches will proceed cautiously until they can watch players in person and film will only go so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...doing the right thing. Is stringing along the 2020 seniors who played several summers of the underclass tournament, helping to make it an elite event, hoping to be selected for the Senior Game doing the right thing? Under Armour announced cancellation of the games on June 1st yet here we are almost August 1st and no mention of that on the UA lax website. Meanwhile, CSE postpones the NY tryouts and in a heartbeat has an all new regional format with dates and locations posted on the website. Mysteriously, it wasn't until all the other regions had tryouts that this was announced, although clearly they had it in their back pocket long enough to make arrangements. Why be honest and transparent when there is more money to be made?? Parents and players are just along for the ride but hopefully will at least get some film for coaches to see. Still I think most coaches will proceed cautiously until they can watch players in person and film will only go so far.

OK, so b’more/naptown guy here. CS is a b’more entity and perhaps put NY/LI at a disadvantage on purpose?

Or, NY/LI govm’t/policy put NY/LI at a disadvantage? Nobody can say, however when there are teams/organizations pulling out of tournaments last minute, it certainly indicates that these are not typical summer lacrosse times.

#voiceofreason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah, I don’t think anyone was conspiring against the LI teams.. I think LI was forced to wait till the last minute to hold tryouts due to restrictions in place in Nassau County.. there aren’t that many locations capable of holding a tryout that aren’t school fields .. no way school districts were allowing that, or a county/town fields.
Btw
I heard a rumor that some seniors were sent emails in the last day or so about being selected for Senior AA team? Anyone else confirm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chill out. The kids that made the UA Senior Team have been informed. IL and Corrigan are planning something special to announce it publicly since there isn't a game. I'm not going to ruin the surprise on what they are planning but they are doing their best to make it memorable for them. We get enough conspiracy theories in the news everyday without making up nonsense about HS lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chill out. The kids that made the UA Senior Team have been informed. IL and Corrigan are planning something special to announce it publicly since there isn't a game. I'm not going to ruin the surprise on what they are planning but they are doing their best to make it memorable for them. We get enough conspiracy theories in the news everyday without making up nonsense about HS lacrosse.

Fact: Under Armour announced cancellation of the Senior Lax Games on June 1st
Fact: CSE to this day has stated nothing publicly about it and never updated their website to acknowledge cancellation or say something else was in the works
Fact: The NY tryouts were not called off until after all the other regional tryouts took place
Fact: A new regional format was announced and posted on their website right away

I'm glad to hear they are doing something to honor the seniors. Seems weird it's so secretive when in the past they publicly made such a big deal promoting it. Notifications must be a recent development because some players we know who would seem to be automatic choices didn't know anything a few days ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL...doing the right thing. Is stringing along the 2020 seniors who played several summers of the underclass tournament, helping to make it an elite event, hoping to be selected for the Senior Game doing the right thing? Under Armour announced cancellation of the games on June 1st yet here we are almost August 1st and no mention of that on the UA lax website. Meanwhile, CSE postpones the NY tryouts and in a heartbeat has an all new regional format with dates and locations posted on the website. Mysteriously, it wasn't until all the other regions had tryouts that this was announced, although clearly they had it in their back pocket long enough to make arrangements. Why be honest and transparent when there is more money to be made?? Parents and players are just along for the ride but hopefully will at least get some film for coaches to see. Still I think most coaches will proceed cautiously until they can watch players in person and film will only go so far.[/quote]

Chill out. The kids that made the UA Senior Team have been informed. IL and Corrigan are planning something special to announce it publicly since there isn't a game. I'm not going to ruin the surprise on what they are planning but they are doing their best to make it memorable for them. We get enough conspiracy theories in the news everyday without making up nonsense about HS lacrosse.[/quote]

Fact: Under Armour announced cancellation of the Senior Lax Games on June 1st
Fact: CSE to this day has stated nothing publicly about it and never updated their website to acknowledge cancellation or say something else was in the works
Fact: The NY tryouts were not called off until after all the other regional tryouts took place
Fact: A new regional format was announced and posted on their website right away

I'm glad to hear they are doing something to honor the seniors. Seems weird it's so secretive when in the past they publicly made such a big deal promoting it. Notifications must be a recent development because some players we know who would seem to be automatic choices didn't know anything a few days ago.[/quote]

Please tell us the “automatic” choices . UA senior AA is ultra competitive . Way more competitive than US lacrosse AA ( first team not the other nonsense) and how many seniors on LI have that award . In the end probably 5-7 LI players will receive the honor and there are really only 1-2 automatics and I doubt you know them both .

Like Reply Quote
Page 153 of 214 1 2 151 152 153 154 155 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard