BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 38 39
Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the 5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021 season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
let's christen this new thread with "the rebels stink"

fantastic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the express team at this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express team is developing and will continue to add pieces.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is the express team at this age group

We will see this weekend against Venom, Primetime, Sweetlax

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express team is developing and will continue to add pieces.

Sounds like they’re not very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express was scheduled to play Igloo Today. Good measuring stick i would assume.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean at the Long Ireland Lacrosse tournament at St Paul's in Garden City. How did they do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes i believe so. No updates on Tourney Machine. Looked like a mix of clubs and Towns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown beat igloo rvc and express

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened in CT today? Lots of good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown beat igloo rvc and express

Really, you should beat RVC probably have 3x the enrollment.
Express team you played was the B team and igloo is igloo which I’ll give you as a ok win.

Enjoy your parade!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the mask police were out in full force yesterday in CT. From what i hear, the game of the day was Express North vs 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Smithtown program only weakens as the kids get older, same as Hills and Sachem. Two high schools, one youth program. Team is really only about half as good as they think they are. Oh, and I'd say Smithtown enrollment is like 6x RVC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever gets you through the day. It’s tough when a town team beats your $3000 a year club team isn’t it ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever gets you through the day. It’s tough when a town team beats your $3000 a year club team isn’t it ?

Not an igloo or express parent.

However, I’ve seen the smithtown group and I do think they”re very good. But it’s a numbers game you have the biggest pool to choose from so naturally you will have one of the best PAL teams around. But when they end up in HS you automatically become half as good. Why do you always lose to WM? The answer is......well as you know they’re able to stay as one school.

If you need more info think back to the 90’s before sachem split up, they battled with WM but now the school district is cut in half and WM dominates them.

I hope you enjoy your next two PAL seasons because once they hit middle school it’s welcome to the middle of the pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s not forget the smithtown kids pay that same club tuition and much more for their town experience. But that’s ok. They are a great team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s not forget the smithtown kids pay that same club tuition and much more for their town experience. But that’s ok. They are a great team

Bingo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

However, I’ve seen the smithtown group and I do think they”re very good. But it’s a numbers game you have the biggest pool to choose from so naturally you will have one of the best PAL teams around. But when they end up in HS you automatically become half as good. Why do you always lose to WM? The answer is......well as you know they’re able to stay as one school.

If you need more info think back to the 90’s before sachem split up, they battled with WM but now the school district is cut in half and WM dominates them.

I hope you enjoy your next two PAL seasons because once they hit middle school it’s welcome to the middle of the pack.

Igloo parent here - Smithtown parents totally live up to their reputation. Argue every call, talk smack to opposing parents, vulgar moms. Just a low class bad look all around.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Igloo parent here - Smithtown parents totally live up to their reputation. Argue every call, talk smack to opposing parents, vulgar moms. Just a low class bad look all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Annoy.

Starts at the top. Directors, coaches, parents, all are culprits. Describing them as low class is being modest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown parent here, that is not accurate to say that we argued or smack talked at all. False facts for sure, in fact we play with one of your kids on the Turtles.

It’s just sad that you can’t appreciate a great team of kids who can stand their own with club teams. No one from Smithown got on here and said anything bad about Igloo or any of the other teams.

It’s sad that you want to pick apart little boys playing a sport they love and lie about parents. It appears to me that Igloo parents are the ones that need to check their reputation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a joke. Go back to your town team because Igloo has got nothing to do...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
enough with the smithown/igloo drama, what happened with the express north vs 91 game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I cant disagree with you. I graduated from sachem when it was 1 HS . They were a powerhouse and in almost every sport . The wrestling program in the 90’s was the best on the island . Football good and think a couple of Lacrosse state titles . No longer in the district but follow there Lacrosse but both east and north make the playoff’s yr after yr with a .500 or better record but yes the WM , west islip are better . But thing with Sachem kids they are always gritty group .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown always has top players come out of their program every year. And both West and East are still both great teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?? Crickets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In CT, Express North beat PT, 12-6, Sweetlax (Rochester) beat PT 14-4, Express North beat Lax Black 8-2, and Sweetlax 5-3, lost to 91 Venom 7-6, 91 Venom went undefeated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to know so tell us... what did happen with 91 venom and express north???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 fought back and won in the final minute

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2028 teams are playing today in Garden City?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i know tomorrow legacy plays the rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if i had to guess, i would say the Northmen vs Rush would be the two top teams playing each other today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if i had to guess, i would say the Northmen vs Rush would be the two top teams playing each other today

wow a took a genius to figure that one out... who else was even playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"wow a took a genius to figure that one out." - I'll give you another chance to correct yourself and your grammar. Look on tourney machine tough guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow a took a genius to figure that one out... who else was even playing?

Igloo A&B
Recon
Rush A
E3
Express
S2S
GC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Summer showdown should be a good test for teams, it seems most of the competitive teams on LI are signed up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are signed up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When and where is it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its on tourney machine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the tournament today in garden city

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprising
Express tied Rebels
Rush tied Legacy

Not surprising
Legacy beat rebels
Rebels and Rush beat Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprising
Express tied Rebels
Rush tied Legacy

Not surprising
Legacy beat rebels
Rebels and Rush beat Igloo

Rebels not the same team from Fall 2019. This team was not very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No faceoffs also changes game quite a bit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is Rush based out of?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk County, Town of Islip area

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to start trouble. But all the talk about the turtles. They never seem to be at any tournaments against the top Long Island teams. Am I missing something? Do they play games or just train?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think they would be at Tuesday’s tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I must have missed “all the talk about turtles” unless of course it was negative

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think they would be at Tuesday’s tournament

Toughest division is colgate... Legacy, Northmen, RUSH, GC. Weakest is Cornell (RUSH B, 3 village, icon, recon, polar bears)... Canisius (Express, FLG, Rebels and Venom) will be competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think they should have put legacy,northmen, rebels, and 91 in one bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to start trouble. But all the talk about the turtles. They never seem to be at any tournaments against the top Long Island teams. Am I missing something? Do they play games or just train?

Lax Unlimited owner has done nothing with this team. Smithtown daddy coaches, friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering that Rush beat Northmen on Thursday and Friday, I’d say Rush should be in there over the Northmen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering that Rush beat Northmen on Thursday and Friday, I’d say Rush should be in there over the Northmen

Should be Northmen, Rush, Venom, and 91... Rebels tied Express last week - Rebels, FLG, Express, and GC are next group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are out, a mish mash team will be filling in for them. Not sure what to expect, all the good teams are pretty much at the tournament, may be a long day for them, but at least the brackets are full.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the rebels pull out of their own tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the rebels pull out of their own tournament?

Parents are fed-up taking time off during the week in the middle of August to attend a meaningless 5th grade tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only the 2028 rebel parents? Not the other grades or other clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been no Turtle Talk. They have no Dads coaching and maybe the Rebels had a conflict. Why do you people have to bash everyone? They are 10 year olds playing a kids sport for gods sake. All the rankings, lists and bashing is pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some of these teams this is their 4th or 5th tournament in 2 weeks, some have been out of state, all in over 95 degree heat. How much is enough? Are you really doing it for the kids? Or, are you doing it because your Coach and Director told you to, just so they can fulfill their 4 tourney commitment and not pay any refunds.

These aren't tournaments. They are play dates. The refs are awful with no concept of any rule modifications - the rules change depending upon what half of the field you're on. There's no interaction betw. games, no vendors, just run back to your car's A/C. Late August is for Beach Days and Pool Parties - not padding pockets of Travel Lacrosse Directors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some of these teams this is their 4th or 5th tournament in 2 weeks, some have been out of state, all in over 95 degree heat. How much is enough? Are you really doing it for the kids? Or, are you doing it because your Coach and Director told you to, just so they can fulfill their 4 tourney commitment and not pay any refunds.

These aren't tournaments. They are play dates. The refs are awful with no concept of any rule modifications - the rules change depending upon what half of the field you're on. There's no interaction betw. games, no vendors, just run back to your car's A/C. Late August is for Beach Days and Pool Parties - not padding pockets of Travel Lacrosse Directors.

Because the parents allow it. Don't you love it when you hear the parents say, "my kid wants to go," shut up already. What a bunch of lies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this could not have been said better... i was not asking for money back. This stupidity of playing 10 tourneys in 3 weeks is wearing the kids out. And driving to CT and NJ.... who thought that was smart?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are at LI lax fest this weekend
Tri star was cancelled for next weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the parents allow it. Don't you love it when you hear the parents say, "my kid wants to go," shut up already. What a bunch of lies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid doesn’t want to play maybe time to quit travel lacrosse. Kids want to play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While all the above theories may be true, the scuttle butt at the field was that a player on the Rebels tested positive for Covid. If true, then prudent move and hope his family and teammates get tested too and are OK. Its hot today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s get real here Rebels didn’t want to play venom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While all the above theories may be true, the scuttle butt at the field was that a player on the Rebels tested positive for Covid. If true, then prudent move and hope his family and teammates get tested too and are OK. Its hot today.

Prudent move? Don't think so, how many people were placed at risk because of the foolish decision these parents made? They got what they deserved!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the summary on Blatant today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the most part good competition for the teams. Igloo’s defense was drastically better today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summary-Lax w minimal contact and no faceoffs is very different, some might say awful. Lots of good teams in this age. Venom the best but a bunch not far behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok mom or Dad was your son switched to defense? so obvious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Precious venom lost today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom lost to express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s your summary? Tryouts next Tuesday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would have imagined with all the chatter about Venom beating 27’s and destroying everyone in CT (except Exp N), that they would have won each game very comfortably today (10+ goal wins), losing to express is embarrassing, every team has bad games, but that’s not a strong team for the “top dogs” to lose to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. Clubs will go back to what they were doing before Covid. Us parents could of changed how they operate. But did the opposite traveled to state to state on weekdays with a couple days notice , fighting metro area traffic . Also adding to your tuition with Gas , tolls , breakfast, lunch and dinner . $$$ for what because the clubs strong armed you ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
rough day for FLG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom was the best 28 team there today, they had a let down. That being said, one of their goalies is far better than the other and they split time. Also, they have one outstanding attackman with an offense that is organized and positions him to excel. If an opponent is able to game plan for that it is a much more even playing field as express (not heretofore in the LI elite team conversation) was able to exploit/overcome; though I acknowledge no faceoffs probably worked against one of Venom's strengths. They have some great players but there are a few good LI teams that on any given day. Joey's dad is painful...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the parents above that are bitter about traveling for travel lacrosse... please go away, stop paying for your kid to play if you’re going to whine about it.
Bad day for rush, good day for igloo. Looks like clubs are closer than we thought at this point. Fall should be interesting if top clubs are willing to play each other and not avoid competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were the igloo northmen team and the express orielly team the same teams that smithtown beat a few weeks ago in the long Ireland tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the parents above that are bitter about traveling for travel lacrosse... please go away, stop paying for your kid to play if you’re going to whine about it.
Bad day for rush, good day for igloo. Looks like clubs are closer than we thought at this point. Fall should be interesting if top clubs are willing to play each other and not avoid competition.
For you talking about a 10 year old rush team having a bad day , please go away . Teach little johnny to tie his cleats without coming loose .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rush in 2nd tier of LI teams. Movin on up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is tomorrow the turtles first tournament??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Venom was the best 28 team there today, they had a let down. That being said, one of their goalies is far better than the other and they split time. Also, they have one outstanding attackman with an offense that is organized and positions him to excel. If an opponent is able to game plan for that it is a much more even playing field as express (not heretofore in the LI elite team conversation) was able to exploit/overcome; though I acknowledge no faceoffs probably worked against one of Venom's strengths. They have some great players but there are a few good LI teams that on any given day. Joey's dad is painful...

it is not a lax tourney til Joey's dad makes his appearance. Love that guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it is not a lax tourney til Joey's dad makes his appearance. Love that guy.

Daddy, 5th grade lacrosse. You are the pinnacle of a lost!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you actually met the guy or listened to him, he's a great guy and always compliments both teams that are playing. the guy is the best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, he was just spewing compliments Express's way when his team was down and lost. Save it. Easy to cheer for the other teams goalie when you are up by 10 goals. Not so much when you are losing. Yours...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would he be there? Venom isn’t playing that tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard havoc will have 91 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Havoc is 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Havoc is 91

Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree about the goalie and the #7 attackman is on point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Why would he be there? Venom isn’t playing that tournament"

Was referring to a tournament this past Tuesday @ St. Paul's. Venom was there and lost to Express and Joey's Dad was not all happy and nice. As I said, its easy to appear gracious and complimentary when your team is winning by 10...true colors come out during times of adversity. Will leave it at that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Why would he be there? Venom isn’t playing that tournament"

Was referring to a tournament this past Tuesday @ St. Paul's. Venom was there and lost to Express and Joey's Dad was not all happy and nice. As I said, its easy to appear gracious and complimentary when your team is winning by 10...true colors come out during times of adversity. Will leave it at that.

Please let us know your son’’s name or number so we can all watch you and learn how to be the perfect sideline parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG feel off the map with their teams top to bottom all B/C teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

most parents were afraid to commit to FLG knowing the pending litigation issues. Plus, they were so jerky to parents in the past years, now they actually have to go out and earn the business. Not that easy to do, especially in a saturated market. After watching them all season, and hearing loud coach of their's... i'd be pretty cautious bringing my kid there. Really no primetime players, parents don't stop blabbing on sideline, and many of their tournaments are off the island. Should i continue?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

most parents were afraid to commit to FLG knowing the pending litigation issues. Plus, they were so jerky to parents in the past years, now they actually have to go out and earn the business. Not that easy to do, especially in a saturated market. After watching them all season, and hearing loud coach of their's... i'd be pretty cautious bringing my kid there. Really no primetime players, parents don't stop blabbing on sideline, and many of their tournaments are off the island. Should i continue?

You watched them all season? Did you just admit that you have no life and followed FLG around and took notes on them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Rebels/Turtles game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you rather we discuss recipes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles 3-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who was who (nor do i care)... but there was some words and tension between Turtles and Rebels parents after the game in CT. Of course moms involved. Something about cursing blah blah.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Close game. Turtles Goalie made some key stops when he had to - probably the difference maker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure who was who (nor do i care)... but there was some words and tension between Turtles and Rebels parents after the game in CT. Of course moms involved. Something about cursing blah blah.

Should we be surprised???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lie not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don’t care, why are you writing about it??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to be honest. Turtles moms are the absolute worst. I was under the impression that it was rebels. But now I see. They are just god awful!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says a rebels parent. Lmao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said the rebels mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in this fight, we were waiting for another game, I don’t understand how people can scream like that at these young players. After their first goal, the Turtles acted like they won the Super Bowl. Really poor sportsmanship. It was a 3-2 game and that group of parents set a real bad example - no class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t know who is worse the people that come here hoping people take the bait or the people who take the bait

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no bait. Turtles/Rebels are a bad lot or they become a bad lot when together. I'm sure there may be some nice folks on either team, but collectively their rep is well earned. No class-led by the Mom's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve been in travel for a while I find all parents get crazy at times . It’s probably enhanced when parents don’t like each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these parents have to remember that these kids are 9 and 10 years young. set a good example and keep your mouths shut

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fashion advice. Though tan fat looks better than pale fat, neither is particularly appealing when crammed into outfits that are too tight. Rebels/Turtles Moms, bite the bullet, bury your ego and buy the next size up or cover up. Too tight and with lots of junk hanging out. You are not 19 anymore trolling Sprats or the Bordie Barn. You are a Mom and a role model, act like one. At least look like one if you can't act like one. No homecoming queens in that lot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fashion advice. Though tan fat looks better than pale fat, neither is particularly appealing when crammed into outfits that are too tight. Rebels/Turtles Moms, bite the bullet, bury your ego and buy the next size up or cover up. Too tight and with lots of junk hanging out. You are not 19 anymore trolling Sprats or the Bordie Barn. You are a Mom and a role model, act like one. At least look like one if you can't act like one. No homecoming queens in that lot...

I mean come on this is not cool... this is such low hanging fruit. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have played every club team around. Show me the fashion models. Im sure you just finished P90 X and look spectacular. Come on guy..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea, Okay guy....... Your gut blowing out over your belt, the tight 2x Under Armour golf shirt that really should be a 3x, blown out New Balances, Nasal and Ear hair that you can use to repel with and breath that can knock a buzzard of a $h1t wagon............

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm curious how many kids went to the 91 evaluation camp and legacy tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the rebels but we're checking it out. Went to legacy last night too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the rebels but we're checking it out. Went to legacy last night too.

So you think Jr has a shot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Yea, Okay guy....... Your gut blowing out over your belt, the tight 2x Under Armour golf shirt that really should be a 3x, blown out New Balances, Nasal and Ear hair that you can use to repel with and breath that can knock a buzzard of a $h1t wagon............"

Yeah, but I'm packin the bracciole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm curious how many kids went to the 91 evaluation camp and legacy tryouts

was there a good turnout? Any talent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of talent, but almost no chance of making that squad. Realistically, after all the Coaches kids are counted, how many spots could there be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of talent, but almost no chance of making that squad. Realistically, after all the Coaches kids are counted, how many spots could there be?

Seems like even the parents that aren't official coaches act like sideline coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy/91/2way top tier
Rebels/turtles/mooselax 2nd tier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy/91/2way top tier

You need to place your son where they will get meaningful playing time and improve. Of all of these teams, the best option is Mooselax because they carry the least amount. Check out Legacy/91/Turtles/Rebels sidelines, packed with kids who watch the others take all their time. By 5th Grade, if your son isn't getting significant minutes, it's time to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy/91/2way top tier

You need to place your son where they will get meaningful playing time and improve. Of all of these teams, the best option is Mooselax because they carry the least amount. Check out Legacy/91/Turtles/Rebels sidelines, packed with kids who watch the others take all their time. By 5th Grade, if your son isn't getting significant minutes, it's time to move on.

91 and 2 Way top dogs

Legacy and Rebels next two

Express and Igloo not to far behind

Mooselax 2028 group is good, do they have the foundation to continue as a true AA club

Turtles are all over at different camps/tryouts be careful with that $ grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why you keep saying 91 is top dog they lost to express this year and lost last year to Rebels and Legacy. They are not top dogs no one is top dog at this age. You 91 parents need to get a grip on reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
us parents spend a lot of money on this sport and I can’t tell you how important the coaching and practices are. Hopefully everyone finds a team that shows commitment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to know an awful lot about 91’s record. Do you follow them or just like 4th grade lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't you the coach of Venom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 venom did not lose to Rebels last year. They lost to the original Rebels 2 years ago. 91 also improved last year so I would have to agree they are Top dog on LI. They need to play against teams like Legacy and Rebels this year to continue to be top dog though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels team is not as good as they were 2 years ago because most of that team went to the turtles from what I recall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy/91/2way top tier

I think that’s fair to say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moose was quarantined the entire season in terms of competing outside their bubble, though a collection of their core players played in one tournament and did well. They have trained from late spring through the summer just did not compete with outside programs. Very happy with the coaching and the reps. There are some elite players on the team. No doubt they are one of the top teams on LI, but understand someone not including them in the conversation because they have been absent from the scene. Hope to take on all comers in the fall. Stay healthy and hope no 2nd wave. Stay positive. Lets make this 28 thread more pleasant than many other-though rebel/turtle moms and joey's dad will continue to get their well earned air time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moose parent asks if we can keep thread pleasant then Laxx the bed with last comment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This comment above was not made by a Moose parent because they don't have their facts straight. All spring Moose practices were canceled. During March April and May, the program focused on wall ball training utilizing the app SNYPR. During this time the coaches also made training videos and held zoom meetings to keep the teams active. On 6/1 a program wide decision was made implementing a credit/refund policy because they realized they would not be able to give the boys in their program the Summer experience they deserved (or paid for.). The first time Moose stepped on the field was 7/6 (when NON contact lacrosse was permitted) and the 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029 teams played Speedlax for the month of July. In august they began training with helmets and gloves with shooting and skill clinics twice a week and goalie training. They then started a second session of Speedlax for their 2030 "intro to travel" team, and their Academy Training (non travel ready) players. September 1, 2,3 they will be starting up their fall ball program with a 3 day Mooselax mini camp, and then take a short break for the return to school. As for comments about other programs, and rival team parents, unfortunately that is the nature of open forums that allow Anonymous messaging. There are many great Coaches out there, at all the different programs, and finding one for your son to play for is the single most important decision a parent can make when deciding what program is the best fit for their child. Let's all hope there is no second wave of Covid... Not because of the impact it has on the lacrosse our kids will play... so that we can all return to normal lives. Stay safe!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This comment above was not made by a Moose parent because they don't have their facts straight. All spring Moose practices were canceled. During March April and May, the program focused on wall ball training utilizing the app SNYPR. During this time the coaches also made training videos and held zoom meetings to keep the teams active. On 6/1 a program wide decision was made implementing a credit/refund policy because they realized they would not be able to give the boys in their program the Summer experience they deserved (or paid for.). The first time Moose stepped on the field was 7/6 (when NON contact lacrosse was permitted) and the 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029 teams played Speedlax for the month of July. In august they began training with helmets and gloves with shooting and skill clinics twice a week and goalie training. They then started a second session of Speedlax for their 2030 "intro to travel" team, and their Academy Training (non travel ready) players. September 1, 2,3 they will be starting up their fall ball program with a 3 day Mooselax mini camp, and then take a short break for the return to school. As for comments about other programs, and rival team parents, unfortunately that is the nature of open forums that allow Anonymous messaging. There are many great Coaches out there, at all the different programs, and finding one for your son to play for is the single most important decision a parent can make when deciding what program is the best fit for their child. Let's all hope there is no second wave of Covid... Not because of the impact it has on the lacrosse our kids will play... so that we can all return to normal lives. Stay safe!

i always wondered what life is like in Utopia... i've found it and it's in Suffolk county. It's at Mooselax. If this wasn't the single biggest piece of BS marketing, than what is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a person talking about being a better person, meanwhile you are attacking everyone including and most of all moms, sisters and grandmothers. Maybe you should display some class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a person talking about being a better person, meanwhile you are attacking everyone including and most of all moms, sisters and grandmothers. Maybe you should display some class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously have no idea what your talking about. The turtles just beat the Rebels and igloo A and express A just got killed by the 28’ Smithtown town team. You may not like the turtles parents but give the players and the coaches the credit they deserve. There were 14 new kids that asked to tryout for the turtles ‘28

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do that’s why you keep checking in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the “28 Smithtown is a town team” talk. Those people pay more than most travel clubs and represent the worst of both the Rebels and Turtles - complete trash. They will burn those kids out of the sport by middle school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They pay maybe 750. Besides what does that have to do with their talent. Shouldn’t this whole thread be about the talent on the field and not about the parents. If you want to critique players and coaches fine. I bet all these threads would be a lot more interesting if everybody stopped commenting about parents, especially because your hiding behind “anonymous “

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Smithtown crew. Make Smithtown Great Again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Smithtown crew. Make Smithtown Great Again.

Perhaps a club team in the Portland or Seattle area would be a good spot for you based on your idiotic comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know which fall tournaments their teams will be doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully tournaments get going early fall so we can get them in ASAP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve always wondered why people detest Smithtown so much? There really is truth to this. Is it because of the average cost of homes? Is it the average income per house hold?? Is it the demographics??? To just say it’s because of the parents yelling on the sideline is just not a fair answer? I’ve seen too much in all sports on the island over the years and I’ve seen groups that are far worse then what I’ve seen from Smithtown as a whole. Maybe some of you haters can chime in, and try to do it intelligently, without attacking moms, sisters, or grandmas. Let’s try to leave peoples appearances out of it because honestly that has nothing to do with the question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve always wondered why people detest Smithtown so much? There really is truth to this. Is it because of the average cost of homes? Is it the average income per house hold?? Is it the demographics??? To just say it’s because of the parents yelling on the sideline is just not a fair answer? I’ve seen too much in all sports on the island over the years and I’ve seen groups that are far worse then what I’ve seen from Smithtown as a whole. Maybe some of you haters can chime in, and try to do it intelligently, without attacking moms, sisters, or grandmas. Let’s try to leave peoples appearances out of it because honestly that has nothing to do with the question.

We all detest you too, Smithtown boy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is my guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do people detest all smithtown or just the 2028’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol I rest my case....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody hates the Yankees

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the Smithtown question. It can't be out of jealousy-its a middle class town-there are far nicer zip codes all around, no elite golf clubs or nice beaches; it can't be about winning-when was the last county-championship either Smithtown won in Football/Basketball/Lacrosse (decades, except for one lone lax championship years ago). Maybe it is due to the experience having interacted with the residents of the town. Not sure. I really don't see jealousy as a reason to disparage Smithtown. Hey, its a great town if you are looking for a car dealership, strip mall, large mall or a moderate cooking cutter development. T

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol sound like someone is a little jelly!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol sound like someone is a little jelly!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do people not understand that it is just a numbers game? When the Smithton kids get to high school they will be split and their teams "Half" as good--not quite but close. Of course they are better than teams puling from player pools 50-75% their size or smaller in some cases. Also there are plenty of other town teams who could do well playing vs the clubs--these town teams play together all year round. As the kids get older the club teams tend to get much much better.
That being said good for Smithtown 2028's--they are a great team. Lots of strong players and have never heard opposing kids complain about the way their kids play. The complaints are always about the coach and parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SNORE....BORING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every other dad tries to start a club team for their eldest every year and the island is awash in club teams that have core bases of certain towns. Talent is diluted. As the kids get older the talent rises and comes together and there are fewer clubs teams and but a handful of towns that can compete. By 7th grade virtually no town team can compete with the top 5 remaining A level club teams. Been down this road twice before and this is the way it is and I imagine will continue to be. Enjoy your run Smithtown guys. When the team starts to lose more games around junior high the coaches will get blamed (wrongly, competition has changed) and the team will disintegrate as the top players will gravitate to the established elite teams. And your town will have multiplied politics as East vs. West bias/favoritism takes over. Good luck. Same with Hills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every other dad tries to start a club team for their eldest every year and the island is awash in club teams that have core bases of certain towns. Talent is diluted. As the kids get older the talent rises and comes together and there are fewer clubs teams and but a handful of towns that can compete. By 7th grade virtually no town team can compete with the top 5 remaining A level club teams. Been down this road twice before and this is the way it is and I imagine will continue to be. Enjoy your run Smithtown guys. When the team starts to lose more games around junior high the coaches will get blamed (wrongly, competition has changed) and the team will disintegrate as the top players will gravitate to the established elite teams. And your town will have multiplied politics as East vs. West bias/favoritism takes over. Good luck. Same with Hills.
The way you sound like your opinion means anything . Its a dead end sport with no future in it . Who cares about elite teams . Scholarships are very rare . Let 2028s enjoy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way you sound like your opinion means anything . Its a dead end sport with no future in it . Who cares about elite teams . Scholarships are very rare . Let 2028s enjoy.

Smithtown is filled with awful kids and even worse families... kids from East/West lax class every year attend schools like Yale, UPenn, Penn State, Maryland, Cornell, Hopkins...what a dead end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any club teams still accepting a level players? My son is a really good b level player but I would like him to practice with kids that are better than himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown is filled with awful kids and even worse families... kids from East/West lax class every year attend schools like Yale, UPenn, Penn State, Maryland, Cornell, Hopkins...what a dead end.

Yeah sounds terrible lol. Smithtown pumps out quality players. Period. Deal with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach and parents have something to do with the way the kids at. Don’t you think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown has more players drafted to the MLL in the last 15 years then maybe any other public school program. Look at the numbers it’s crazy. And I’m sure their parents were all crazy too?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the Smithtown question. It can't be out of jealousy-its a middle class town-there are far nicer zip codes all around, no elite golf clubs or nice beaches; it can't be about winning-when was the last county-championship either Smithtown won in Football/Basketball/Lacrosse (decades, except for one lone lax championship years ago). Maybe it is due to the experience having interacted with the residents of the town. Not sure. I really don't see jealousy as a reason to disparage Smithtown. Hey, its a great town if you are looking for a car dealership, strip mall, large mall or a moderate cooking cutter development. T

You could not be more wrong in your statements about Smithtown Lacrosse success...
2003 Class A champions
2006 School split
2008 West County Final
2011 West County Final
2013 West County Final

2014 East Class A Champions
2015 East Class A Champions
2017 East County Final

I count 3 Suffolk County Championships, 4 More appearances in County Finals which is traditionally the top public league in USA over last two decades. Other than Wm and WI has there been a more successful program in the best league over the last 2 decades plus? And I should say Programs as this district is split in half!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SNORE, who really cares. I think I remember hearing that the Smithtown PAL coach hand picks who and where they play their games. Let’s please move on. How much are these top clubs charging this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My statement about former players being drafted is not false at all. Take a look at the numbers. I am very aware of WM and WI success. I lived it. You can not argue about the individual success Smithtown players have had. The youth program feeds the varsity programs with bonafide talent every year. What their varsity coaches due with it is a different story. As I said look at the success of Smithtown alumni at the D1 level it is amazing how they don’t have more championships, in the case of west even one?? But back to the 2028’s. Very very talented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I put my house on the market this afternoon. After reading this, i am moving to Smithtown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SNORE, who really cares. I think I remember hearing that the Smithtown PAL coach hand picks who and where they play their games. Let’s please move on. How much are these top clubs charging this year?

Obviously you care.

You make no sense, name a PAL team that is better and name a team that the coach is trying to avoid by hand picking games. I think you are pulling shiot out of your arsh.

You start first, how much is your kids club charging?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I couldn't be more wrong? Thanks for the data. West 0 championships in the last 16 years. East 2 in that same period. Football? Basketball? Baseball? Wrestling? I rest my case. As for lax being a dead end; you are completely right if your goal is for a scholarship-you'll spend more trying to get it than it will be worth. However, if your kid is a good lacrosse player, his college application will be in a different pile than the non-athlete and the pool of schools he can potentially get into will be much better than a non recruited athlete.

West Islip has consistently done more with less over the last two decades. Never mind WM. They dominate. You are consistently 3rd in your own league. Not what legends are made of What is your record vs Garden City and Cold Spring Harbor when you step out of your mighty Suffolk league 1 bubble? Hah, thought so...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West us beaten garden city 2 of the last three years and cold spring harbor plays in the C division they can battle it out with bayport/blue point and SWR. Again your missing the point. Hopefully you were a lacrosse player because you would have been cut from the debate team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me over the last 16 years like your other facts of Garden City vs. Smithtown. Something tells me there is a reason you only went back three years. I have no idea how many times Smithtown and CSH (sure small c school that regularly beats the best teams in A) have played but I clearly remember them beating West recently and being surprised myself. SWR is the team to beat in small school Suffolk and has been for the last two decades, sure Mt.Sinai, islip and BBP have had their outlier years, but SWR would've been the best team in all of Suffolk (again) this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take it to the HS thread.

Any big moves this year, it did most 28 A teams stay the same?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments are starting off in jersey for September are any scheduled for the island yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express got some great new players from Igloo plus some others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's so exciting to hear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates on clubs after all the tryouts? Any major improvements?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Running Fall Jam, Invite only I heard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express +, Igloo -, 91 same, legacy -, rush+, Moose same, Turtles same, Rebels -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kids left legacy? i think 91 lost a kid to legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 lost 1 player, gained 1 player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express +, Igloo -, 91 same, legacy -, rush+, Moose same, Turtles same, Rebels -

please explain how you came up with this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so who is invited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes please explain because some of that is not true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Express +, Igloo -, 91 same, legacy -, rush+, Moose same, Turtles same, Rebels -

Yes please explain because some of that is not true"

THIS WHOLE CHAIN IS A JOKE. FROM ONE GUYS OPINION ON THE RELATIVE CHANGES TO 8 DIFFERENT TEAMS, AS IF HE KNOWS OR HAS SEEN THEM ALL, TO THE OTHER STUNADS DEMANDING HOW HE CAME UP WITH HIS OPINION, TO THE SPACE CADET SAYING SOME OF IT ISN'T TRUE. LOL. YOU PEOPLE ARE VACANT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know this .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey CAPS thanks for clearing it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's it... this needs to be settled... 91 Venom, 91 Surgeons, Turtles, Rush, Express, Mousse, Rebels, Igloo need to be in a tournament. Forget about the other nonsense teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's it... this needs to be settled... 91 Venom, 91 Surgeons, Turtles, Rush, Express, Mousse, Rebels, Igloo need to be in a tournament. Forget about the other nonsense teams.

91 b shouldn’t be on that list, and no way you omit Legacy. Hopefully they get to play on Long Island this fall, the tri star tournament has already been moved to Jersey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will all play out. Chill out. And hey, don't disparage people for their opinions-that is what the site is for. There are very few facts other than game scores, so we'll see. And it really doesn't matter-teams will change, kids will grow or not grow, lose interest b/c of their crazy Dad's or Mom's and pick other sports. "The Best" is splitting hairs anyway. We all generally know there are a few teams slightly better than others, likely due to one player, and some that are B teams. Enjoy it. We all may be on the same sideline one day. Root for any LI team to beat any out of state comp. Peace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 b shouldn’t be on that list, and no way you omit Legacy. Hopefully they get to play on Long Island this fall, the tri star tournament has already been moved to Jersey

91 venom, legacy, turtles, rebels, moose lax, express, igloo. In that order until proven otherwise this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forgot Rush
91 venom, legacy, turtles, rebels, moose lax, rush, express, igloo

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard