BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,254
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 69 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we are into the school lax season full swing....how are the 8th grade players that are playing for their JV and Varsity teams doing?? We are only a few short months away from our first of the Rising Freshman group to start the recruiting process!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So we are into the school lax season full swing....how are the 8th grade players that are playing for their JV and Varsity teams doing?? We are only a few short months away from our first of the Rising Freshman group to start the recruiting process!!

Not sure if this was asked sarcastically or not but from what I've seen of JV this year:
Kings Park had a couple of 8th graders who were major contributors. Goalie was great (think he was with Turtles) and big middie (from 91) was the big threat.

Miller place had a couple of 8th graders but no-one stood out. Big threat if I remember was a 9th grader from TLI.

Glenn had 2 8th graders starting. Both from 91, the defender showed some nice stick work.

Sayville has a few 8th graders starting, couple from 91. Middie is taking FO and doing well. Goalie is an 8th grader as is 1 attack and 1 defender. All contribute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park-6 wins Div 2
Glenn-5 wins Div 2

I would hardly say they are making an impact for below .500 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK!!!!!!!!!! Let the games(nonesense) begin!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park-6 wins Div 2
Glenn-5 wins Div 2

So when lebron played for a below 500 caveliers team, he wasn't making an impact?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park-6 wins Div 2
Glenn-5 wins Div 2

So when lebron played for a below 500 caveliers team, he wasn't making an impact?

LOL great point!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park-6 wins Div 2
Glenn-5 wins Div 2

KP Goalie is on JV and middie is varsity and had a bum knee for 2nd half of season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cavaliers went to NBA finals !!!!!!! You are un-informed remarks are a real good point!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bum knee...then why playing Varsity???? Thankyou...no impact!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park-6 wins Div 2
Glenn-5 wins Div 2

Clevland Cavs record
05-42-40
06-50-32
07-50-32
08-45-37
09-66-16
10-61-21

Your ignorence is showing!!!!

LOL great point!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park-6 wins Div 2
Glenn-5 wins Div 2

Clevland Cavs record
05-42-40
06-50-32
07-50-32
08-45-37
09-66-16
10-61-21

Your ignorence is showing!!!!

LOL great point!

You missed 04 season when he won rookie of the year and the cavs where 35-47.....but that's not what makes your statement ignorant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An 8th grader playing varsity is crazy. So there's no one within 4 years of that kid who can play. Must not have a good program if you have to rely on a 14 yr old playing with 18 yr olds. Shame on the AD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An 8th grader playing varsity is crazy. So there's no one within 4 years of that kid who can play. Must not have a good program if you have to rely on a 14 yr old playing with 18 yr olds. Shame on the AD.
Disagree!,great way tobuild a great program.WI does it often so does WM to JV Cold Spring Harbor Smithtown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK!!!!!!!!!! Let the games(nonesense) begin!!!!

why games? Or nonsense.... this summer starts the beginning for this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park-6 wins Div 2
Glenn-5 wins Div 2

The question was "how are the 8th grade players that are playing JV & Varsity doing?" But, thank you for your nasty comment...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does not mean there is "No one" within 4 years of "that kid" who can play (there wouldnt be a team) It means, in his program, he can "run with the big boys" I know you will go on with "in the stronger lax towns"... bottom line these kids live where they live & were asked to play where they play. There is no need for anyone to get personal or "Shame on the AD". These kids were asked to play, took the physical & competed physically (as well as emotionally) with the older kids. Not one of the kids/parents have been on here boasting about them. The question was asked how the 8th graders were doing. IDK why you ADULTS feel the need to have to put them down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just read about some girls having an impact at Smithtown East and aboy at Cold Spring that stepped in and is playing very well. I think it is a good way to geed a program in that the players more often get better coaching at that level,and with more and more players playing year round,the middle school rules of 5 quarters and everyone plays for 2 each,seems to be an outdated system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ask the question? I am sure one of the parents who's kid is playing up.I think it is great, know most of the kids all great players,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually,no my kid isn't playing up and I asked the question. Everything isn't a conspiracy...I have a legit interest in how the season has been going for some of the players that I have heard were moved up. And guess what,I actually care about it because of a real interest in lacrosse. I am not a crazy self promoting,all about me parent. I love lax and so does my son. We just like to talk it and read about the interseting side of the game...not the BS that too many people concern themself with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bum knee...then why playing Varsity???? Thankyou...no impact!!

You're pathetic (& you're welcome)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does not mean there is "No one" within 4 years of "that kid" who can play (there wouldnt be a team) It means, in his program, he can "run with the big boys" I know you will go on with "in the stronger lax towns"... bottom line these kids live where they live & were asked to play where they play. There is no need for anyone to get personal or "Shame on the AD". These kids were asked to play, took the physical & competed physically (as well as emotionally) with the older kids. Not one of the kids/parents have been on here boasting about them. The question was asked how the 8th graders were doing. IDK why you ADULTS feel the need to have to put them down.

No matter what you say about passing a physical/test to play, its common sense that there's a major risk when a kid who can't bench press his own weight (as only one measure of overall strength) is going up against defensemen who are benching 250-300. I am well aware that this is not football but theres a reason why upperclassmen and college players live in the weightroom - because it does make a huge difference in their competitiveness. 8th or 9th graders simply haven't had that time yet to build their bodies while the kids they are matching up with have. Its purely physics and such a mismatch is asking for trouble. The size and speed of these college bound upperclassmen is unbelievable if you ever get a chance to see them play up close from the sidelines. A serious injury to an 8th or 9th grader because of this mismatch could set the kid back 1 - 2 years. Worth it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess it IS worth it, if it ends up WORTH IT! I hope it does, as I am sure you do, as well. (yes, I am certain that you do). The kid will probably live. Wish him/ them well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid was CAPABLE, (note that BIG and STRONG and VERY QUICK and MATURE were not mentioned, but inferred) I am sure that when approached by the older coaching staff, you would decline immediately. Something's showing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could it set the kid back, let's say, 3 months, or for good? I guess that an injury could. Many things can actually kill you, such as riding a bike, crossing the road, going into a school, or decaying on the web, as we are here. Being the best player on any team is guaranteed to set, or hold you back. I hope that those kids whom you are so envious of continue to try as hard at what they do, as you do at what you do!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for fun...what current college players played up as an 8th grader? I know Nick Galasso (SU) did at West Islip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No matter what you say about passing a physical/test to play, its common sense that there's a major risk when a kid who can't bench press his own weight (as only one measure of overall strength) is going up against defensemen who are benching 250-300. I am well aware that this is not football but theres a reason why upperclassmen and college players live in the weightroom - because it does make a huge difference in their competitiveness. 8th or 9th graders simply haven't had that time yet to build their bodies while the kids they are matching up with have. Its purely physics and such a mismatch is asking for trouble. The size and speed of these college bound upperclassmen is unbelievable if you ever get a chance to see them play up close from the sidelines. A serious injury to an 8th or 9th grader because of this mismatch could set the kid back 1 - 2 years. Worth it?

"Common sense" is... these 8th graders HAVE "seen" them up close (they've played with/against them all season) Thank you for your "concern" but, I can guarantee you the decision for the kids to play where they are was WELL thought out by the the coaches, the players, the parents, & the AD. Their size, ability, maturity was ALL taken into consideration.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question. If anybody knows, please chime in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about GC'17?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for fun...what current college players played up as an 8th grader? I know Nick Galasso (SU) did at West Islip

James Pannell Virginia played at Smithtown West

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about GC'17?

great team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
His parents, Crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings Park-6 wins Div 2
Glenn-5 wins Div 2

I don't think that the intention was to utilize these kids as weapons. I think that the coaches may have seen something exceptional, and was hoping to nurture it, harvest it. Pace a kid with older and better kids for more years. Simple theory. Not all kids can run with the older bunch, while these kids can, I guess. Heck, I guess somebody thinks so. It just wreaks of pure envy, the statement about hardly making an impact. First, the goal may have been more long term. But secondly, and more importantly, do you even care a little bit about disguising the hate? I would think that you could put a smidge more effort into that!
Wish these kids well, although it is certain that you don't. That thought process is going to eat you up, and maybe even effect your own situation!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if this was asked sarcastically or not but from what I've seen of JV this year:
Kings Park had a couple of 8th graders who were major contributors. Goalie was great (think he was with Turtles) and big middie (from 91) was the big threat.

Miller place had a couple of 8th graders but no-one stood out. Big threat if I remember was a 9th grader from TLI.

Glenn had 2 8th graders starting. Both from 91, the defender showed some nice stick work.

Sayville has a few 8th graders starting, couple from 91. Middie is taking FO and doing well. Goalie is an 8th grader as is 1 attack and 1 defender. All contribute.

Any Nassau kids play JV or Varsity this past season? Or is it a 631 HS thing only? I have a 2019 Nassau kid want to know if we will be denied once he's an 8th grader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any Nassau kids play JV or Varsity this past season? Or is it a 631 HS thing only? I have a 2019 Nassau kid want to know if we will be denied once he's an 8th grader.

So you already think your current 6th grader should be on varsity 2 years from now?
What a tool!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just a Suffolk HS thing as far as 8th graders playing up on JV orV. Below are a few more Nassau players who have played HS lacrosse this year and all excelled.

Cold Spring Habor HS- two players ( attack and mid) Attack was starter

Mineola HS- two players on (mid and Dman) D was starter

Plainedge HS- one player (Dman) starter

Wantagh HS - one player (attack)

Friends Acd- three players (2 Dman, mid) all three starters

The messed up thing IMO is that many of the Nassau players mentioned are NOT going to their public school which is wrong of their town HS programs & parents allow the player to take a spot from someone who isn't going to Chaminade or St Ant's next season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are articles on MSG Varisty about a CSH 8th grader on Varsity and a Syossett 9th grader who played varsity in 8th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you already think your current 6th grader should be on varsity 2 years from now?
What a tool!

Thanks to all who answered my question and actual HELPED with great info for some of us who are a couple years behind most of you guys!

Now, that doesn't make me a "tool". What makes YOU a tool is that you cannot read, what I said was if we will be denied once he's an 8th grader - dumb [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just a Suffolk HS thing as far as 8th graders playing up on JV orV. Below are a few more Nassau players who have played HS lacrosse this year and all excelled.

Cold Spring Habor HS- two players ( attack and mid) Attack was starter

Mineola HS- two players on (mid and Dman) D was starter

Plainedge HS- one player (Dman) starter

Wantagh HS - one player (attack)

Friends Acd- three players (2 Dman, mid) all three starters

The messed up thing IMO is that many of the Nassau players mentioned are NOT going to their public school which is wrong of their town HS programs & parents allow the player to take a spot from someone who isn't going to Chaminade or St Ant's next season!

That should have nothing to do with the decision for a public middle school.That would not be fair because things happen and peoples lives and decisions change. If a kid is good enough parents and coaches agree and he/she passes the physical tests,so be it and good luck. On the flip side, maybe by including this player he may decide to not leave his current district. It could work both ways

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat fl$ today 8-1...shows how good a town team really is

Like Reply Quote
A