BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
LI Blue Chip COVID-19
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter attended the Blue Chip camp last week run by Carol Rose.
A player who attended the 2 day event was positive for COVID-19 and now other players have already reported back positive for the virus.

We received an email from Blue Chip late Saturday stating a girl from team 7 tested positive. Two days later, I went online to review my covid-19 waiver and to my surprise, a NEW DOCUMENT was loaded that was not there PRIOR to the event. BOLD AND IN RED “Self Screening document must be signed the night before” I did not submit it – did anyone else. Did anyone see this? I know for a fact this was uploaded after the event because I went online just before we head over assuming I would need to do this – Our club requires this before every practice.

US Lacrosse return to play guidelines were not followed. There was no prescreening, no hand sanitizing stations, in hindsight, the event was to large at this time– no true precautions were taken. Should we be playing when organizers are not taking steps to ensure the safety of our children. Why have they not updated their site with the very important information that someone tested positive?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: LI Blue Chip COVID-19
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are you criticizing?
If you noticed all these return to play violations while you were there maybe you should've left. did you solely you place the safety of your kid in the hands of a camp director? don't you think that should be your priority?
I cant comment on the issue with the waiver but im not surprised they are covering their buttheades
I hope those who are sick make a full recovery and ideally the others there act accordingly and self quarantine and get tested. Getting sick is not a death sentence, its not time to panic.
BTW that event has been a waste of time for years..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by kevpo123
My daughter attended the Blue Chip camp last week run by Carol Rose.
A player who attended the 2 day event was positive for COVID-19 and now other players have already reported back positive for the virus.

We received an email from Blue Chip late Saturday stating a girl from team 7 tested positive. Two days later, I went online to review my covid-19 waiver and to my surprise, a NEW DOCUMENT was loaded that was not there PRIOR to the event. BOLD AND IN RED “Self Screening document must be signed the night before” I did not submit it – did anyone else. Did anyone see this? I know for a fact this was uploaded after the event because I went online just before we head over assuming I would need to do this – Our club requires this before every practice.

US Lacrosse return to play guidelines were not followed. There was no prescreening, no hand sanitizing stations, in hindsight, the event was to large at this time– no true precautions were taken. Should we be playing when organizers are not taking steps to ensure the safety of our children. Why have they not updated their site with the very important information that someone tested positive?

we did the self screening the night before yes. we were required to do it. We received an email. there were many hand sanitizing stations. The US lax return to play were certainly followed, as how I interpreted them and read on the guidelines as we were very cautious regarding. If you were uncomfortable than perhaps you should have not sent your child. It was done well. I think you are doing some unnecessary pot stirring stay home then

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you noticed all these return to play violations while you were there maybe you should've left. did you solely you place the safety of your kid in the hands of a camp director? don't you think that should be your priority?
I cant comment on the issue with the waiver but im not surprised they are covering their buttheades
I hope those who are sick make a full recovery and ideally the others there act accordingly and self quarantine and get tested. Getting sick is not a death sentence, its not time to panic.

The Blue chip camp was approved ....if you didn't feel comfortable you should have left. I guess you are looking to shut down any type of youth sports activity by posting this ... unbelievable. just stay home

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several kid tested positive after the event, so what if any action is the organization taking? I would report the the organization to the County and let the chips fall where they may.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely pre-screening emails by sinc-sports were sent prior to each day. The only issue was there were no temps taken when players arrived which is not following US Lax protocols. I chose to send my daughter back the 2nd day so it is on me should anything happen. I did notice that there were significantly less masks and social distancing from day 1 to 2. People need to take responsibility for their children and stop being a Monday morning quarterback when things don't work out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone think anyone running the blue chip event provided Corrigan Sports the full list of attendees so Corrigan could tell them not to attend the UA tryouts next week? Can the UA coaches even attend the tryout if any of them were participating in blue chip? Is the UA thing even worth it- given CONN, NY and NJ all added Maryland to the restricted list requiring you to quarantine, so if you make the team and actually go, after playing teams from other regions with spiking COVID cases, you come home and quarantine for 14 days when you get back?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several kid tested positive after the event, so what if any action is the organization taking? I would report the the organization to the County and let the chips fall where they may.

What actions should the organization take? the event is over.. if you were there now you there were sick people there.. do the right thing and stay home..what is calling the county gonna do? are the secret covid police gonna arrest Carol Rose? do you wanna sue somebody? grow-up and take responsibility for your own actions,, no one owes you anything.. you paid for an event and got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, totally irresponsible. She should be sued and fined!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea what age group Team 7 was?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

omg lmao you are totally ridiculous...thanks "covid" police. stay home already. why were you there if you were so afraid...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

omg lmao you are totally ridiculous...thanks "covid" police. stay home already. why were you there if you were so afraid...

Sad thing is money makes people do notIntelligent things. Girls team from Albany got it. Blue chip campers got it. Seems obvious money trumps all in this case. If you want people to stay home refund their money and I'm sure you'll get very few complaints. I'm a believer and Karma. Do the right thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

shut up lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These camps/clinics on LI are giving kids the opportunity to get out there and play. If you are fearful, don’t go. Just wondering, will you be keeping your kid home during flu season going forward? Because you do know the fatality rate for kids and the seasonal flu is greatly higher than that of Covid.....just pointing out the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls team from Albany didn't get it. Now girl with it travelled to NJ but no one else got it. Stop spreading lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These camps/clinics on LI are giving kids the opportunity to get out there and play. If you are fearful, don’t go. Just wondering, will you be keeping your kid home during flu season going forward? Because you do know the fatality rate for kids and the seasonal flu is greatly higher than that of Covid.....just pointing out the facts.

The only fact that’s important here is that greedy club owners are holding money grabs and endangering kids and families by not enforcing social distancing measures and requiring COVID tests prior to participation. Very sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only fact that’s important here is that greedy club owners are holding money grabs and endangering kids and families by not enforcing social distancing measures and requiring COVID tests prior to participation. Very sad!

Love the money-grabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

actually they were giving kids the opportunity to play. glad you have an opinion but thats all it is. It was great to have them play again. well needed...Good luck staying in your bubble for the rest of your life. Im sure you homeschool also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You didn’t answer the question. Are you keeping you kid home during flu season which is far more dangerous. Or are you just going to finger point and name call about being a money grab for a completely optional camp that you are not obligated to attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You didn’t answer the question. Are you keeping you kid home during flu season which is far more dangerous. Or are you just going to finger point and name call about being a money grab for a completely optional camp that you are not obligated to attend.

well said thank you. just a pot stirrer looking for a rise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a liar no one has tested positive from that camp. There are protocols in place with the Nassau County Department of health if there was multiple positives out of that camp you would have notified and so would have I. Anyone that thinks they would let a hot spot of Covid not be handle is a stunad. This would have been all over the news. You should keep your child home if you feel things are unsafe. My kids okay for YJ and I don’t drink the Koolaid. But unlike Lagacy yes I spelled it incorrectly on purpose CR does not have our kids traveling up and down the coast playing tournaments cause the club director can’t get refunds and that would mean they would have to refund the family’s. Well now they are all quarantined for 2 weeks cause of there last trip to MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were notified by Tracy Weiner in an email after the 2nd session of Blue Chip (email sent on 7/18). Not blaming Blue Chip or the organizers. I did send my daughter both days - was aware of risk, signed waivers and not upset. In fact, she is also attending the All Access clinic this week. But, a girl did test positive. We were told in a timely manner. Not much else to be done.

Dear Blue Chip parents and Players,

We have just been informed that one of our campers on Team X has tested positive yesterday for Covid-19, ...This camper does NOT have any symptoms, or fever. We will continue to take proper precautions with any future events. Please practice social distancing to ensure you all stay safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Live, love Lax
Tracy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were notified by Tracy Weiner in an email after the 2nd session of Blue Chip (email sent on 7/18). Not blaming Blue Chip or the organizers. I did send my daughter both days - was aware of risk, signed waivers and not upset. In fact, she is also attending the All Access clinic this week. But, a girl did test positive. We were told in a timely manner. Not much else to be done.

We have just been informed that one of our campers on Team X has tested positive yesterday for Covid-19, ...This camper does NOT have any symptoms, or fever. We will continue to take proper precautions with any future events. Please practice social distancing to ensure you all stay safe. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out.

Live, love Lax
Tracy
Why did the girl get tested if she had no symptoms? Something doesn’t add up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you test positive with no symptoms eventually you will die of china flu related old age/natural causes. Might take 70/80/90 yrs but its a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flu boy, you have no clue what you are talking about. Stop spouting false flu facts. All these clubs and clinics are frauds. They are giving you two options, play or lose your money. UA/Corrigan Sports was taking try out money up until this Monday 7/28 knowing the try out was going to be cancelled. They can care less. After this summer I will never look at US Lax, tourney directors or the sport of lacrosse the same again. The mask has actually been pulled off of these cast of characters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flu boy, you have no clue what you are talking about. Stop spouting false flu facts. All these clubs and clinics are frauds. They are giving you two options, play or lose your money. UA/Corrigan Sports was taking try out money up until this Monday 7/28 knowing the try out was going to be cancelled. They can care less. After this summer I will never look at US Lax, tourney directors or the sport of lacrosse the same again. The mask has actually been pulled off of these cast of characters.

Well said. I miss the old days of lacrosse when it was more like a family of people who played for the love of the game. Saddest part is if you look at what most people view as the mount rushmore of lacrosse, it's still all the old timers who became great playing in the backyard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Live, love Lax
Tracy
Why did the girl get tested if she had no symptoms? Something doesn’t add up.
Maybe notified via contact tracing. Who knows. You are aware of the risks when you sign your kid up, and CDC guidelines were followed.
Can't wait to hear everyone screaming when this happens in schools, and then the same people who want to sue the school districts will be complaining when they close schools. Never ending cycle of crying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player that tested positive had been exposed the week before unbeknownst to her and was notified By her Friend upon learning that she was positive. That’s how it’s supposed to work. People acting responsibly here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whiney c*nts all around here-- really? When money is involved and players and parents are under the impression that big $$$ are at stake for scholarships people will do notIntelligent things.

ADK parent was notIntelligent and fired her mouth off and will probably be sanctioned or censured by her employer (the State of NY). If she would have kept her mouth shut that probably would not happen.

Oh well, everyone gets what they deserve here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a liar no one has tested positive from that camp. There are protocols in place with the Nassau County Department of health if there was multiple positives out of that camp you would have notified and so would have I. Anyone that thinks they would let a hot spot of Covid not be handle is a stunad. This would have been all over the news. You should keep your child home if you feel things are unsafe. My kids okay for YJ and I don’t drink the Koolaid. But unlike Lagacy yes I spelled it incorrectly on purpose CR does not have our kids traveling up and down the coast playing tournaments cause the club director can’t get refunds and that would mean they would have to refund the family’s. Well now they are all quarantined for 2 weeks cause of there last trip to MD

No one is quarantined. Fake News. Everyone is enjoying what they can of the shorter lax season. Everyone, except YJ. You get to watch on the sideline like your daughter will in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is quarantined. Fake News. Everyone is enjoying what they can of the shorter lax season. Everyone, except YJ. You get to watch on the sideline like your daughter will in college.

Yes because those YJ kids are never successful in college unlike that long list of Legacy college success.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard