Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
LI Blue Chip COVID-19
#304650 07/22/20 09:53 AM
K
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
K
My daughter attended the Blue Chip camp last week run by Carol Rose.
A player who attended the 2 day event was positive for COVID-19 and now other players have already reported back positive for the virus.

We received an email from Blue Chip late Saturday stating a girl from team 7 tested positive. Two days later, I went online to review my covid-19 waiver and to my surprise, a NEW DOCUMENT was loaded that was not there PRIOR to the event. BOLD AND IN RED “Self Screening document must be signed the night before” I did not submit it – did anyone else. Did anyone see this? I know for a fact this was uploaded after the event because I went online just before we head over assuming I would need to do this – Our club requires this before every practice.

US Lacrosse return to play guidelines were not followed. There was no prescreening, no hand sanitizing stations, in hindsight, the event was to large at this time– no true precautions were taken. Should we be playing when organizers are not taking steps to ensure the safety of our children. Why have they not updated their site with the very important information that someone tested positive?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: LI Blue Chip COVID-19
kevpo123 #304661 07/22/20 10:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are you criticizing?
If you noticed all these return to play violations while you were there maybe you should've left. did you solely you place the safety of your kid in the hands of a camp director? don't you think that should be your priority?
I cant comment on the issue with the waiver but im not surprised they are covering their buttheades
I hope those who are sick make a full recovery and ideally the others there act accordingly and self quarantine and get tested. Getting sick is not a death sentence, its not time to panic.
BTW that event has been a waste of time for years..

Like Reply Quote
kevpo123 #304665 07/22/20 10:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by kevpo123
My daughter attended the Blue Chip camp last week run by Carol Rose.
A player who attended the 2 day event was positive for COVID-19 and now other players have already reported back positive for the virus.

We received an email from Blue Chip late Saturday stating a girl from team 7 tested positive. Two days later, I went online to review my covid-19 waiver and to my surprise, a NEW DOCUMENT was loaded that was not there PRIOR to the event. BOLD AND IN RED “Self Screening document must be signed the night before” I did not submit it – did anyone else. Did anyone see this? I know for a fact this was uploaded after the event because I went online just before we head over assuming I would need to do this – Our club requires this before every practice.

US Lacrosse return to play guidelines were not followed. There was no prescreening, no hand sanitizing stations, in hindsight, the event was to large at this time– no true precautions were taken. Should we be playing when organizers are not taking steps to ensure the safety of our children. Why have they not updated their site with the very important information that someone tested positive?

we did the self screening the night before yes. we were required to do it. We received an email. there were many hand sanitizing stations. The US lax return to play were certainly followed, as how I interpreted them and read on the guidelines as we were very cautious regarding. If you were uncomfortable than perhaps you should have not sent your child. It was done well. I think you are doing some unnecessary pot stirring stay home then

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304667 07/22/20 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you noticed all these return to play violations while you were there maybe you should've left. did you solely you place the safety of your kid in the hands of a camp director? don't you think that should be your priority?
I cant comment on the issue with the waiver but im not surprised they are covering their buttheades
I hope those who are sick make a full recovery and ideally the others there act accordingly and self quarantine and get tested. Getting sick is not a death sentence, its not time to panic.

The Blue chip camp was approved ....if you didn't feel comfortable you should have left. I guess you are looking to shut down any type of youth sports activity by posting this ... unbelievable. just stay home

Like Reply Quote
kevpo123 #304668 07/22/20 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several kid tested positive after the event, so what if any action is the organization taking? I would report the the organization to the County and let the chips fall where they may.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #304671 07/22/20 11:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely pre-screening emails by sinc-sports were sent prior to each day. The only issue was there were no temps taken when players arrived which is not following US Lax protocols. I chose to send my daughter back the 2nd day so it is on me should anything happen. I did notice that there were significantly less masks and social distancing from day 1 to 2. People need to take responsibility for their children and stop being a Monday morning quarterback when things don't work out.

Like Reply Quote
kevpo123 #304676 07/22/20 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone think anyone running the blue chip event provided Corrigan Sports the full list of attendees so Corrigan could tell them not to attend the UA tryouts next week? Can the UA coaches even attend the tryout if any of them were participating in blue chip? Is the UA thing even worth it- given CONN, NY and NJ all added Maryland to the restricted list requiring you to quarantine, so if you make the team and actually go, after playing teams from other regions with spiking COVID cases, you come home and quarantine for 14 days when you get back?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304683 07/22/20 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several kid tested positive after the event, so what if any action is the organization taking? I would report the the organization to the County and let the chips fall where they may.

What actions should the organization take? the event is over.. if you were there now you there were sick people there.. do the right thing and stay home..what is calling the county gonna do? are the secret covid police gonna arrest Carol Rose? do you wanna sue somebody? grow-up and take responsibility for your own actions,, no one owes you anything.. you paid for an event and got it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304686 07/22/20 12:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, totally irresponsible. She should be sued and fined!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304687 07/22/20 12:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
kevpo123 #304692 07/22/20 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea what age group Team 7 was?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304699 07/22/20 02:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

omg lmao you are totally ridiculous...thanks "covid" police. stay home already. why were you there if you were so afraid...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304712 07/22/20 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

omg lmao you are totally ridiculous...thanks "covid" police. stay home already. why were you there if you were so afraid...

Sad thing is money makes people do notIntelligent things. Girls team from Albany got it. Blue chip campers got it. Seems obvious money trumps all in this case. If you want people to stay home refund their money and I'm sure you'll get very few complaints. I'm a believer and Karma. Do the right thing!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304716 07/22/20 03:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

shut up lost

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304729 07/22/20 06:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These camps/clinics on LI are giving kids the opportunity to get out there and play. If you are fearful, don’t go. Just wondering, will you be keeping your kid home during flu season going forward? Because you do know the fatality rate for kids and the seasonal flu is greatly higher than that of Covid.....just pointing out the facts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard