BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 116 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are somewhat correct there will be a line of cars filled with girls that didn’t make Baltimore. Point is they won’t make Washington either although a lot of them should. Just check when the roster comes out and we will see who’s correct.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that’s why Washington was awful last year. LI and BAL are the only regions that can play politics and still be successful. Just that much talent in those hotbeds. Everyone else should take the best players at their tryouts so we don’t have to watch blowouts again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are somewhat correct there will be a line of cars filled with girls that didn’t make Baltimore. Point is they won’t make Washington either although a lot of them should. Just check when the roster comes out and we will see who’s correct.
I beg to differ. Better competitions, not blowouts. Look for the DC team to be a top contender this year because of the tryout location change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Command 4 out of 23 where 2024. Highlight 10 out of 23 were class of 2022. I would say the Highlight ratio argues for tryout fairness, not going for more well known/ older girls.
that and there was obvious coaching bias this year. Some of these 2022 selections are laughable

Are you referring to the Heros girls? Other than them not sure which coach would be biased.
it looks very obvious what happened

What was so obvious? For once in seems like a good mixture of girls from different schools, not your typical NDP/McD bias like last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s because the standouts in the lower classes mainly 23, don’t go to MCD and NDP. It’s too bad there wasn’t a season this spring.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Command 4 out of 23 where 2024. Highlight 10 out of 23 were class of 2022. I would say the Highlight ratio argues for tryout fairness, not going for more well known/ older girls.
that and there was obvious coaching bias this year. Some of these 2022 selections are laughable

Are you referring to the Heros girls? Other than them not sure which coach would be biased.

What was so obvious? For once in seems like a good mixture of girls from different schools, not your typical NDP/McD bias like last year.

Did the team with "NDP/McD bias" win the tourney last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep... but when you take girls that go to those schools that are not deserving, that is a different story. There where plenty of public school girls that should have made the team, but were passed over based on the NDP/MCD favoritism. If you cannot notice that, then your daughter must go to one of those schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There wasn't a single NDP player on the Highlight team last year. There were several McD. There are 3 McD girls on the team this year and they're all deserving. There are no NDP players on the team again this year. The questions should be around the numerous Heros 2022 girls on the team that seemed to have been helped by the Hero's director coaching the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when you win the tournament, how can you say the girls are not deserving? i do understand that girls are passed up. like any tryout, girls get overlooked. to say a player is not deserving sounds like you are a bitter parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There wasn't a single NDP player on the Highlight team last year. There were several McD. There are 3 McD girls on the team this year and they're all deserving. There are no NDP players on the team again this year. The questions should be around the numerous Heros 2022 girls on the team that seemed to have been helped by the Hero's director coaching the team.

I believe there are only 2 or 3 Hero's 2022 girls out of 23 players. I really wouldn't call that numerous, you should get your facts straight before posting such nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe there are only 2 or 3 Hero's 2022 girls out of 23 players. I really wouldn't call that numerous, you should get your facts straight before posting such nonsense.
There are 4 hero’s girls on the Highlight team. These are the only 4 hero’s girls that made the call back team. The goalie is legit, the other 3 were very questionable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is nonsense when they don't deserve to be on the team. There were several 2021 girls from M&D and SW that didn't make callbacks. These girls are committed to Maryland, Penn State, Michigan, JMU, and other good programs and didn't even make callbacks? There is a fantastic 2022 on SW and another on TLC that didn't make callbacks. Funny how 3 Heros 2022 girls made the final roster. Sure it had nothing to do with the fact that their director is one of the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the same deal every year. Everyone knows it and the reason this tournament is losing credibility. Especially for this age group for the Baltimore team. The 2022 Hero’s and M&D coaches have always controlled the roster. I was shocked when I saw the list. Definitely not the top girls.

It is nonsense when they don't deserve to be on the team. There were several 2021 girls from M&D and SW that didn't make callbacks. These girls are committed to Maryland, Penn State, Michigan, JMU, and other good programs and didn't even make callbacks? There is a fantastic 2022 on SW and another on TLC that didn't make callbacks. Funny how 3 Heros 2022 girls made the final roster. Sure it had nothing to do with the fact that their director is one of the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the same deal every year. Everyone knows it and the reason this tournament is losing credibility. Especially for this age group for the Baltimore team. The 2022 Hero’s and M&D coaches have always controlled the roster. I was shocked when I saw the list. Definitely not the top girls.

The same M&D girls have made it over the last 3 years and are good players. 5 other very good M&D 2021 girls didn't even make callbacks so not sure how much pull the M&D coach has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are essential saying the rosters should be pre determined based on where they go to school and their respective club team, not on the actual tryouts. Based on your logic, why even have tryouts? Maybe those girls that made the team had great tryouts, while the other girls could have been off that day. This seems like the first year in a long time that the tryouts actually mattered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are essential saying the rosters should be pre determined based on where they go to school and their respective club team, not on the actual tryouts. Based on your logic, why even have tryouts? Maybe those girls that made the team had great tryouts, while the other girls could have been off that day. This seems like the first year in a long time that the tryouts actually mattered.

Tryouts matter but when it becomes obvious that there a players being selected over players who had better tryouts then it becomes an issue. Maybe the 3 coaches should not even be at the tryouts to avoid these problems in the future. That and there should never be a parent evaluating an age group where they have child trying out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts matter but when it becomes obvious that there a players being selected over players who had better tryouts then it becomes an issue. Maybe the 3 coaches should not even be at the tryouts to avoid these problems in the future. That and there should never be a parent evaluating an age group where they have child trying out.

it also shouldn't be coaches of clubs that will certainly pick or have already predetermined the players and coach/parents that will certainly pick their own child players. Its a shame that this goes on in the lax community. Who you know shouldn't supersede talent. These are not legit tryouts. When will it end?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts do not matter. It is about nothing more than collecting the benjamins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryout film does not lie. Watch the film when it becomes available and then come back on here and preach your "they are worthy!". UA tryout process is a joke, not based on merit. goes for all regions, not just Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone can agree that it is not a legitimate tryout...that is known and obvious. It will not change until the Coaches are someone other then a local Private School coach and/or Local Club Coach/Director. That will never happen, so this will continue...at some point, if people stop trying out and giving Corrigan the $ then just MAYBE things will change!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone can agree that it is not a legitimate tryout...that is known and obvious. It will not change until the Coaches are someone other then a local Private School coach and/or Local Club Coach/Director. That will never happen, so this will continue...at some point, if people stop trying out and giving Corrigan the $ then just MAYBE things will change!
Preach!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Luckily I believe the college coaches have definitely figured that out now too. Sadly though it delegitimizes the entire tournament. Politics have always been a factor in kid sports (especially when scholarship money is involved) but the 2022 age group with the M&D and Hero’s parent coaches have taken it to another level. Everyone knows it too and it hasn’t helped M&D win any games lately either. They continue to lose games. Even losing to Steps last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryout film does not lie. Watch the film when it becomes available and then come back on here and preach your "they are worthy!". UA tryout process is a joke, not based on merit. goes for all regions, not just Baltimore.

Let me get this straight, you watched film of every single girl that tried out? What a dork!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone reregistered for 20-21?
Any info on what clubs are saying about fall tourneys?
Nothing here from our club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So then if high school and/or club coaches aren't coaching the teams who do you recommend do it? Parents? lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private school coaches...has there ever been a PUBLIC school coach?? How about a REC coach? Any coach is going to be a "parent" coach...lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me get this straight, you watched film of every single girl that tried out? What a dork!!
Re-read the sentence. Let me know if you need help this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents evaluating their own daughter seems to pay off as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents evaluating their own daughter seems to pay off as well.

watch you will see who gets on teams...you'll see same last name coach and players its a joke thankfully colleges see through this nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying you watched every single girl at tryouts? Even when there was 2 games going on at the same time? While watching one game, you may have missed out on what girls where doing in the other game..... but that's right, you knew exactly what was going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private school coaches...has there ever been a PUBLIC school coach?? How about a REC coach? Any coach is going to be a "parent" coach...lol

There's a public school coach coaching the Baltimore Command team. One of the highlight coaches isn't currently a HS or Club coach. Is rec lacrosse even a thing in Maryland anymore and if so aren't they all parent coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a public school coach coaching the Baltimore Command team. One of the highlight coaches isn't currently a HS or Club coach. Is rec lacrosse even a thing in Maryland anymore and if so aren't they all parent coaches?

Baltimore highlight does have a public school coach coaching them as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying you watched every single girl at tryouts? Even when there was 2 games going on at the same time? While watching one game, you may have missed out on what girls where doing in the other game..... but that's right, you knew exactly what was going on.[/quote]
Doesn’t matter what film shows. Better talent always gets overlooked when connections are involved. Just means your player needs to work harder to force them to take her so that if they don’t the evaluators/coaches/food truck guy will look like fools for cutting her. If your player has talent, it will be recognized. She won’t need the UA Highlight game. So cheers to the ones who made it, no matter how they made it. When some ride the bench during the games, the ones who were cut can have their laugh to make themselves feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]There wasn't a single NDP player on the Highlight team last year. There were several McD. There are 3 McD girls on the team this year and they're all deserving. There are no NDP players on the team again this year. The questions should be around the numerous Heros 2022 girls on the team that seemed to have been helped by the Hero's director coaching the team.

So you are saying you watched every single girl at tryouts? Even when there was 2 games going on at the same time? While watching one game, you may have missed out on what girls where doing in the other game..... but that's right, you knew exactly what was going on.

Im not the poster, but I did watch a girls mother who was evaluating turn her back to the field she was in charge of to watch her daughter on another field. Oh,and that girl made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t matter what film shows. Better talent always gets overlooked when connections are involved. Just means your player needs to work harder to force them to take her so that if they don’t the evaluators/coaches/food truck guy will look like fools for cutting her. If your player has talent, it will be recognized. She won’t need the UA Highlight game. So cheers to the ones who made it, no matter how they made it. When some ride the bench during the games, the ones who were cut can have their laugh to make themselves feel better.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on pushing contact date back to 7/1/21 for 2022's? https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbth...-1-contact-date-formally.html#Post304865

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on pushing contact date back to 7/1/21 for 2022's? https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbth...-1-contact-date-formally.html#Post304865

I don't get it.. I don't believe any other sport has asked for the contact date to be pushed back.. Men's lacrosse hasn't?

and why 11 months?... and the way it's setting up, they will get the initial contact for the 2022 class on 7/1/21 and the initial contact with the 2023 class 9/1/21 do they plan to wrap up recruiting the 2022 in 2 months? or have they decided with the extra year granted to current players they don't need all that many 2022's

I hope/pray the NCAA denies the request

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like its a done deal. But I agree with you. 11 months is way too long. Why not allow contact but no commitment?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone needs to reach out to the NCAA. This is a selfish decision made by the IWLCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t matter what film shows. Better talent always gets overlooked when connections are involved. Just means your player needs to work harder to force them to take her so that if they don’t the evaluators/coaches/food truck guy will look like fools for cutting her. If your player has talent, it will be recognized. She won’t need the UA Highlight game. So cheers to the ones who made it, no matter how they made it. When some ride the bench during the games, the ones who were cut can have their laugh to make themselves feel better.[/quote]

Whether it's Baltimore or Long Island there will always be some great girls that don't make the team. Last year I was at the LI tryout and they had 150 girls there. Most girls that tryout think they have a chance to make the team, (you don't apply to Harvard with a 82 avg and 980 SAT), so my point is it's 100+ of who is who from 2022 and 23(this year 23/24). They seem to only take 5-7 girls from the younger grade, so it's next to impossible to make it as a younger kid. So now that's 15 or so spots to be picked from a great group of talent. Do they pick more by a kids resume or by the performance in the tryout?? My guess both. If you are a girl who plays varsity and contributes at a conf 1 school or Suffolk power then that helps, but you still need to play well at the tryout. If you go out as a no name and tear it up on the field all night during the scrimmages, you will make the team. My point is there will always be a touch of politics involved but the UA system tries to avoid that and believe me these coaches want to represent their region and WIN.
My belief is if you are looking for a great night of competition then go down to the tryout and roll the dice. What's the worst that can happen?? Kids gets cut,big deal. Maybe she shines and makes the team; it's the best tourney in the game as far as top tier talent Good luck

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 116 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard