BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,654
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What did the coach say? Did he look at you like you were from outer space? Or did he look at you like "Finally, one of these dopes finally said it" ? Either way, applause to you. Most people on these boards post about the dangers and then run to practice and meaningless tournamemts afterwards frown Those people may actually be worse than the yo yo's that actually believe its a safe environment to begin with. frown

Yo yo?!! For real. Turn of CNN. Look at all the death rate, not the false positive rates that are running rampant to keep all in fear and inside until after the elections. The media has you all running scared. I feel sorry for you.

So, I guess the MLB, NBA, NFL have consulted you regarding their return to play plan. I haven't watched a pro game since March. Billions of dollars are generated through pro-sports and players are hesitant to return. And here you are dragging your family around for meaningless youth lax tournaments because you are sitting home bored out of your mind and your spoiled brat kids are becoming worst by the hour. That in mind, you are getting tired of your little animals cursing you out or even hitting, throwing objects at you if they don't get what they want. You should be worried about the schools calling you so you can get your children in for their IEP meeting with the district, to assist you in a job you failed at!

LOL, my kids club actually canceled their season. My family life is awesome and yes my kids are rockstars in life. But again, turn off CNN. The political garbage and fear mongering that the media has done has turned so many crazy. You can have your freedoms taken away if you like. I’ll keep mine. And guess what, me and my kids aren’t going near anyone’s grandma so need to worry. You can be smart around immune comprised. NO need to lockdown the country. Oh yeah that’s right, the virus is immune tho to protestors right? Everyone else it effects tho. SMH.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes there are many reports of positive cases among the players being a few weeks into practices and events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah a few boys have tested positive after the recent events too...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Tournaments this week in NJ still a go for LI teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a "Normal" year the season is already over and people are already living their 1 month lax-hiatus lives . The clubs need to stop trying to schedule events and deal with parents as the 2019/2020 season is over. Some may want refunds, others may want a credit and some may want nothing except for the lunacy to end. It is a case by case basis. Most of these Koolaide drinkers would be easily dealt with but someone on the club side needs to sack up. Start planning next year as that is the real dilemma. There will be no fall practices/tourneys and certainly no "Indoor training" for the forseeable future.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should look at this season as being over and stop putting people at risk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Connecticut tournaments still happening this weekend? Heard they may cancel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of state travel is not a wise move right now. I thought it was banned to help stop the spread of the virus?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bunch of tourneys are moving to NJ. Could they have them on long island. I don't even think that they are allowed to play contact lacrosse on LI yet. How could any of there tourneys that are scheduled in next few weeks REALLY happen?

Refunds! I knew it! Kids and parents idolize Paul R, go out and buy your MLM tee shirt and team paint their toe nails team color, like your hero Paul. R. Mr. Softie, vanilla pleaseeeee!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its been over since March.. Cyber lacrosse and virtual training is not true lacrosse. Move onto 2020/2021 season already. This slop was done months ago. Or they can squeeze in a few more out of state tourneys that mean nothing and further jeopardize 2020/2021 too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its been over since March.. Cyber lacrosse and virtual training is not true lacrosse. Move onto 2020/2021 season already. This slop was done months ago. Or they can squeeze in a few more out of state tourneys that mean nothing and further jeopardize 2020/2021 too.

Sure means a lot to the kids playing in them. Have your boy hit the wall and maybe he'll pick up with a solid team in a few years and be able to run with the big boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No refunds needed just spare everybody the risks involved with traveling and resume play next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Traveling out of state / out of the region is prohibited.

Local lacrosse team violates NY COVID-19 guidelines, player tests positive
https://cbs6albany.com/news/coronav...uidelines-now-dealing-with-positive-case

Every player is quarantined at home for 2 weeks. My understanding is the fines are $2000 and they stated they are enforcing them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every player is quarantined at home for 2 weeks. My understanding is the fines are $2000 and they stated they are enforcing them.

FLG is holding their BIG X tourney Aug1 in NJ. Notifications will be made! Parents are required to sign waivers creating a paper trail.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clubs just want to get anything in to check it off they did it . People still flocking out of state on a weekday for a 8am people . Are you kidding me ? Anyone work ? Stop drinking the cool aid people . You are letting the clubs run your life with last minute cancellations and moving to a different state . Stop giving them the upper hand and get a hobby .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG is holding their BIG X tourney Aug1 in NJ. Notifications will be made! Parents are required to sign waivers creating a paper trail.

Coach Wink along with other coaches will give their parents up at a drop of a dime if pressured. 2K goes to NYS and 1st payment due for 2020-2021.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no travel ban to NJ

NJ is not on the quarantine list.

Ny law doesn't control what you do in another state.

There is no meaningful difference between girls field hockey, soccer and lacrosse. The distinction made under NY law is arbitrary.

Outdoor transmission especially above 70 degrees is unlikely.

Stop the madness. The issue is that lacrosse should be allowed in all of NY not that there is one case in a child who will almost certainly be fine and may not have even infected anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach Wink along with other coaches will give their parents up at a drop of a dime if pressured. 2K goes to NYS and 1st payment due for 2020-2021.

NO REFUNDS=LAW SUITS. If your school district did this they would be sued!

https://www.northcountrypublicradio...rosse-team-subjects-of-covid-19-concerns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't want to give refunds, click and fill out the information in the provided link;
https://aca-prod.accela.com/SUFFCO_...ame=COVID19&agencyCode=SUFFCO_REOPEN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep the Money! As someone said earlier we are typically done with LAX by this time every year so let’s just consider it over and come back to LAX in 2021 when we know more about the virus!

No sport or social gathering is going to be what it was pre covid for a long time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep the Money! As someone said earlier we are typically done with LAX by this time every year so let’s just consider it over and come back to LAX in 2021 when we know more about the virus!

No sport or social gathering is going to be what it was pre covid for a long time

Let's get going starting September with two practices per week to make up for lost time. Our boys are ready and want to get back out there. They are socially distancing on the sidelines as well as the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blame the parents . They are the ones writing the checks and demanding that kids play in a potentially unsafe environment. They are also the ones filling up the gas tanks to travel out of the state for a few watered down games. For those of you electing to participate, and really see no detriment, well, I disagree, but that is your decision. For those of you posting on this site about how wrong it is and are then driving over a bridge at 7 a.m.on the weekend? Shame on you..you are the true culprits to the enablers.... I believe the book definition is "Hypocrite"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blame the parents . They are the ones writing the checks and demanding that kids play in a potentially unsafe environment. They are also the ones filling up the gas tanks to travel out of the state for a few watered down games. For those of you electing to participate, and really see no detriment, well, I disagree, but that is your decision. For those of you posting on this site about how wrong it is and are then driving over a bridge at 7 a.m.on the weekend? Shame on you..you are the true culprits to the enablers.... I believe the book definition is "Hypocrite"...

I think the left wing fascists keep posting about closing things down. The majority want to play and travel. By continuing to post dribble about killing everyone doesn't help your cause. I think we are going to buy-cott instead of boycott.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News Just out from New York, Maryland and Delaware are now listed on the NY quarantine list.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...ats-to-new-yorks-covid-progress/2523067/

What are all of these programs going to do now? All it takes is for one kid to get sick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is the North Am Lacrosse tournament scheduled in just a few days over Jul 24-26 in Maryland. I just looked at the brackets and there are over 20 teams from NY/NJ/CT in the 2021-2023 grade brackets. Didn’t even look at the 2024-2029 grades, but there must at least as many from NY/NH/CT.

With Maryland now a quarantine state, wow what a fiasco. That was seriously pushing the limits to try to keep that tournament scheduled knowing the day to day changes with the quarantine states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News Just out from New York, Maryland and Delaware are now listed on the NY quarantine list.

What are all of these programs going to do now? All it takes is for one kid to get sick.

Ok, that's fine. NY/NJ/CT/MA/NH are allowed to freely move around with no quarantine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is the North Am Lacrosse tournament scheduled in just a few days over Jul 24-26 in Maryland. I just looked at the brackets and there are over 20 teams from NY/NJ/CT in the 2021-2023 grade brackets. Didn’t even look at the 2024-2029 grades, but there must at least as many from NY/NH/CT.

With Maryland now a quarantine state, wow what a fiasco. That was seriously pushing the limits to try to keep that tournament scheduled knowing the day to day changes with the quarantine states.

All the statistics, data, tv news, office theory, mean nothing. These clubs should of called it a day back in June, or just stayed local. But all the crazy parents wanted to resume like nothing happened. Next, the way things are transpiring at this juncture schools will be delayed in opening . People refuse, or are unable to see the Big picture. Majority of circumstances are often taken personally without making an educated decision. Which leaves club owners open to exploit parents short comings and take full advantage of the opportunity to make money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The programs will meet on a desolate field in the middle of nowhere, call it a "Voluntary shoot-around" and then hide their team uniforms. They will also use code words like " Wheels", "BTB" and "Laser". The grand finale will be charging all of the attending parents a $50 "Pandemic charge" ....... Wheres the dilemma in that? CLOWNS!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, that's fine. NY/NJ/CT/MA/NH are allowed to freely move around with no quarantine.

New Yorkers are not allowed to freely move around to play lacrosse (or any other sport for that matter) - NYS has clearly said that competitive tournaments requiring travel are not allowed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guessing everyone will just ignore it and still attend. heck the darn Governor was just in Georgia meeting and greeting people without wearing a mask. Why would anyone take him seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guessing everyone will just ignore it and still attend. heck the darn Governor was just in Georgia meeting and greeting people without wearing a mask. Why would anyone take him seriously?

They just moved the NALF to PA since MD was added to the quarantine list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pandrew Cuomo is not in quarantine he was just in Georgia.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or he could do the fake quarantine like his stunad brother.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And we all know Georgia's numbers are much worse than MD, DE & VA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or he could do the fake quarantine like his stunad brother.

Or do Yoga in East Hampton in Jimmy Choo's shoe store like his Sister-in-law just did....... While hundreds of gyms are padlocked and thousands of employees unemployed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No refunds needed just spare everybody the risks involved with traveling and resume play next year.

I'll speak for my own money thank you. Not everyone lives in Manhasset or GC or is a club director!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geez, this forum is full of rich guys! Don't know about you, I work hard for my money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the left wing fascists keep posting about closing things down. The majority want to play and travel. By continuing to post dribble about killing everyone doesn't help your cause. I think we are going to buy-cott instead of boycott.

Yes, yes Buy More lacrosse! That is the answer! Lordy, this must be club director!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, yes Buy More lacrosse! That is the answer! Lordy, this must be club director!

All the statistics, data, tv news, office theory, mean nothing. These clubs should of called it a day back in June, or just stayed local. But all the crazy parents wanted to resume like nothing happened. Next, the way things are transpiring at this juncture schools will be delayed in opening . People refuse, or are unable to see the Big picture. Majority of circumstances are often taken personally without making an educated decision. Which leaves club owners open to exploit parents short comings and take full advantage of the opportunity to make money.

So its the crazy parents that is driving the directors? Its not the directors driving this madness as not to return funds to the masses? Every player and most parents want to see the boys play. Dodging all these quarantines, enough already. Call it a day, regroup and shoot for 2021. Everyone is spinning wheels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So its the crazy parents that is driving the directors? Its not the directors driving this madness as not to return funds to the masses? Every player and most parents want to see the boys play. Dodging all these quarantines, enough already. Call it a day, regroup and shoot for 2021. Everyone is spinning wheels.

See you at practice tomorrow! My son can't wait to get out there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 28 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard