BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great post. The problem with those saying "everyone do what you think is right for your family" is that those going to tournaments could be spreading the virus to those people being responsible. The goal should be get the kids back in school this fall. We've already sacrificed a lot as a country. Absolutely notIntelligent to risk screwing everything up and having to fully shut back down for things like youth sports tournaments this summer.

Except that keeping kids isolated all Summer will make the spread in the Fall much worse. Kids should be interacting this Summer - some will get exposed and develop immunity. Best to happen now compared to the Fall/Winter when hospitals will also be dealing with the Flu (which is MUCH more deadly to kids).

Many fail to realize, the Gov could care less about all the particulars surrounding this virus regarding our kids going back to school. You can go on and on writing about asystematic, kids aren't affected, people with underlying conditions, etc. Get this into your head; The Gov's only concern is the numbers and Trump not being re-elected! It doesn't matter what you people think or what you people profess you think you know. It all comes down to numbers, if our kids go back to school in September. And if the Gov can use keeping the schools closed to keep Trump from being re-elected, he will do it. Starting thinking like a Chess player opposed to a Checker player!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practices because the kids love to play and want to keep playing.

The NE is opening up. My kid’s club has arranged a number of regional play dates. Is it the same as the big tournaments we expected. Of course not. But the kids want to play and they’re thrilled to be doing something. I’m more than ok having them keep my tuition. Compared to other clubs I’ve seen they are providing a lot of opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, its about safety of the kids. The parents are the ones making the decisions on behalf kids so the parents should be educated. The political forum is on another board. Schools closing wont effect any election. The lousy job the current administration has done has all but sealed that fate. Again, political rants are on the next board. God Bless!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools closed, so NY voters won't vote for Trump?This is perhaps the densest thing I have read on BOTC, which is saying something. How did Trump do in NY for the last presidential election? You think he has a chance of winning NY now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Four items of interest:
1. Daughter had "tournament" in MD yesterday. Very few parents wearing masks, no social distancing, girls yelling in opponite's face "I got ball"
2. Coaches in their 20s, probably out at bars, don't wear masks
3. Now PA "tournament" scheduled for this weekend cancelled due to concerns over player exposure
4. News from another club is a girl on 2025 team has COVID

This is no joke. Let's move on.

Big question for me is, what will be in the 2020/2021 contract to refund our money when Fall is a bust like this summer???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t believe the immunity talk from this person, they have no clue what they are talking about. I am an RN.

Who minored in immunology....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At a tournament today in CT. Maybe 5% of people wearing masks and while outdoors, pretty tight quarters on the sidelines and groups of parents seemed to have no concern about talking to each other a foot away if it was people they knew. I’m not sure if parents are embarrassed to wear a mask or they truly think there is no risk. I think it’s great the kids are playing, but think the parents should be a bit more conservative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I posted this earlier but it got buried. We were just informed by our daughter's club that one of the girls on an older team tested positive for Covid. She played in a tournament on Sunday. Her coaches also coach another age group that did a round robin on Saturday. Both teams are being sidelined but who knows how many girls and coaches were exposed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I posted this earlier but it got buried. We were just informed by our daughter's club that one of the girls on an older team tested positive for Covid. She played in a tournament on Sunday. Her coaches also coach another age group that did a round robin on Saturday. Both teams are being sidelined but who knows how many girls and coaches were exposed.

Parents knew the risk, they rolled the dice and rolled craps. OH WELL. DEAL WITH IT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many public, private school employees are coaching travel programs participating in tournaments here in NY and out of state?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is on
How and where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is on

What teams are going? All of the NLF organizations?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is on
How and where?

Delaware next week. Thought it would get canceled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When one player gets covid the tournament is cancelled . Liability is a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents knew the risk, they rolled the dice and rolled craps. OH WELL. DEAL WITH IT.
Oh. We are dealing with it - but we had no idea that the club was ignoring US Lacrosse and local guidelines.

Lax parents have "no idea" hard to imagine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How ironic would that be? The liability...Maybe that's the anticipated retirement plan for some of the Lax Lifers: Show up at a tournament already infected, then claim you contracted the virus at the un-policed tourney, scrimmage, round robin, shoot around or whatever the "code" word is for it these days . Then claim "safety" was blatantly disregarded and the Travel clubs put the children at risk. BUYER BEWARE!

Dont be hatin on the clubs tho.....they are giving people the rope. If the people choose to hang themselves with it that's on them. Isnt like they are pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. In the end, regardless of the outcomes, you just hope all the kids are safe. But all's it takes is one..... LAX ON BRO's & NO REFUNDS!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How ironic would that be? The liability...Maybe that's the anticipated retirement plan for some of the Lax Lifers: Show up at a tournament already infected, then claim you contracted the virus at the un-policed tourney, scrimmage, round robin, shoot around or whatever the "code" word is for it these days . Then claim "safety" was blatantly disregarded and the Travel clubs put the children at risk. BUYER BEWARE!

Dont be hatin on the clubs tho.....they are giving people the rope. If the people choose to hang themselves with it that's on them. Isnt like they are pulling the wool over anyone's eyes. In the end, regardless of the outcomes, you just hope all the kids are safe. But all's it takes is one..... LAX ON BRO's & NO REFUNDS!!!!

Relax Karen.. That's quite the conspiracy theory.
If you are so frightened, feel free to keep your child in the bunker for the next couple of years. Most of us are comfortable with the risk and will take proper precautions while allowing our kids to develop socially and athletically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound unhinged bud!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound unhinged bud!

Our family was sick with the virus a couple of weeks ago, wasn't bad. My son played in the 2023 bracket yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ya see, there is the problem: YOU felt great, fortunately. But what IF people who have it, and feel no ill effects, spread it to people that may not be so fortunate? Again, no sympathy for anyone at a tournament that gets it as they are there voluntarily. But what about the people that get it from someone that was at one of these events? That's how it spreads. Most people forget this is not only about them but about everyone in your circle. Does Johnny Lax Parent want to get it and then give it to his/her elderly parent? Hmmmmmm?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ya see, there is the problem: YOU felt great, fortunately. But what IF people who have it, and feel no ill effects, spread it to people that may not be so fortunate? Again, no sympathy for anyone at a tournament that gets it as they are there voluntarily. But what about the people that get it from someone that was at one of these events? That's how it spreads. Most people forget this is not only about them but about everyone in your circle. Does Johnny Lax Parent want to get it and then give it to his/her elderly parent? Hmmmmmm?????

You know something.. You're right..
I'm heading for the bomb shelter with the kids and not coming out until there is a vaccine. My son can use the lax free time to fine tune his Fortnite skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm heading for the bomb shelter with the kids and not coming out until there is a vaccine. My son can use the lax free time to fine tune his Fortnite skills.

It's all hogwash. I was out east with the family on the 4th at a 50th birthday party. My kid didn't feel very well a couple days later, low fever. After about three days the fever broke and he felt better. Well enough to attend the tournament in Connecticut. I don't see what the big deal was. How many kids go to school with the flu, schools don't close for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all preference. To the guy with the bunker, bring a fiddle stick. Maybe your rockstar can play wall ball underground and you can post it on social media using a satellite dish that has your kid's team logo on it!!!! And all of the other parents on his/her team can give it a lot of likes too! LAX ON mi amigo! Wear that T shirt proudly!!!! Just stop setting yourself up son..... this is too easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's all hogwash. I was out east with the family on the 4th at a 50th birthday party. My kid didn't feel very well a couple days later, low fever. After about three days the fever broke and he felt better. Well enough to attend the tournament in Connecticut. I don't see what the big deal was. How many kids go to school with the flu, schools don't close for that.

And if he inadvertently passes it to someone and that person dies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if he inadvertently passes it to someone and that person dies?[/quote]

Please go away and take your pandemic panic elsewhere. Clubs are playing, kids are having fun and you're still left wallowing in MSM hysteria. Please stay in your basement since you don't get invited out due to your constant whining.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Please go away and take your pandemic panic elsewhere. Clubs are playing, kids are having fun and you're still left wallowing in MSM hysteria. Please stay in your basement since you don't get invited out due to your constant whining.[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The flu killed over 80,000 in 2018.. Should have shut down school that year. Over 38,000 a year on road are killed and over 4 million require medical attention....shut down the roads.. WE could shut down everything and guess what?? Life would go on killing us humans..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The flu killed over 80,000 in 2018.. Should have shut down school that year. Over 38,000 a year on road are killed and over 4 million require medical attention....shut down the roads.. WE could shut down everything and guess what?? Life would go on killing us humans..

You people are unbelievable and I doubt you can read but here's some info for you. Please watch something different than that hag Laura Ingraham:

The number of deaths from COVID-19 was estimated in early May to be approximately 65,000, which the authors agreed appeared similar to the estimated number of seasonal influenza deaths reported every year by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

However, that represents a fundamental misunderstanding of the way the CDC reports seasonal influenza morbidity and mortality.

From 2013-14 to 2018-19, the CDC reported yearly estimates of influenza deaths ranging from 23,000-61,000. However, the number of counted influenza deaths during those 2 seasons was 3448 and 15,620, respectively.

It would be more accurate to compare weekly counts of COVID-19 deaths to weekly counts of seasonal influenza deaths, the authors said, due to COVID-19 fatalities being counted and reported directly instead of estimated.

By the numbers, according to the paper:
There were 15,455 COVID-19 deaths reported in the US during the week ending April 21, 2020.
There were 14,478 COVID-19 deaths reported in the US during the week prior.
There were 351 flu deaths during the peak week (week 11 of 2016) of the flu season in 2015-16.
There were 1626 flu deaths during the peak week (week 3 of 2018) of the flu season in 2018-19.
“These statistics on counted deaths suggest that the number of COVID-19 deaths for the week ending April 21 was 9.5-fold to 44.1-fold greater than the peak week of counted influenza deaths during the past 7 influenza seasons in the US, with a 20.5-fold mean increase,” the authors wrote.

The CDC also recognizes that their COVID-19 death counts are continually revised due to delays in reporting. The authors believed that the ratio of counted COVID-19 deaths to flu deaths will rise. Additionally, they said their ratios are more clinically consistent with the experiences of health care workers on the front lines.

“We infer that either the CDC’s annual estimates substantially overstate the actual number of deaths caused by influenza or that the current number of COVID-19 counted deaths substantially understates the actual number of deaths caused by SARS-CoV-2, or both,” they wrote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are unbelievable and I doubt you can read but here's some info for you. Please watch something different than that hag Laura Ingraham:

The number of deaths from COVID-19 was estimated in early May to be approximately 65,000, which the authors agreed appeared similar to the estimated number of seasonal influenza deaths reported every year by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

However, that represents a fundamental misunderstanding of the way the CDC reports seasonal influenza morbidity and mortality.

From 2013-14 to 2018-19, the CDC reported yearly estimates of influenza deaths ranging from 23,000-61,000. However, the number of counted influenza deaths during those 2 seasons was 3448 and 15,620, respectively.

It would be more accurate to compare weekly counts of COVID-19 deaths to weekly counts of seasonal influenza deaths, the authors said, due to COVID-19 fatalities being counted and reported directly instead of estimated.

There were 15,455 COVID-19 deaths reported in the US during the week ending April 21, 2020.
There were 351 flu deaths during the peak week (week 11 of 2016) of the flu season in 2015-16.
There were 1626 flu deaths during the peak week (week 3 of 2018) of the flu season in 2018-19.
“These statistics on counted deaths suggest that the number of COVID-19 deaths for the week ending April 21 was 9.5-fold to 44.1-fold greater than the peak week of counted influenza deaths during the past 7 influenza seasons in the US, with a 20.5-fold mean increase,” the authors wrote.

The CDC also recognizes that their COVID-19 death counts are continually revised due to delays in reporting. The authors believed that the ratio of counted COVID-19 deaths to flu deaths will rise. Additionally, they said their ratios are more clinically consistent with the experiences of health care workers on the front lines.

“We infer that either the CDC’s annual estimates substantially overstate the actual number of deaths caused by influenza or that the current number of COVID-19 counted deaths substantially understates the actual number of deaths caused by SARS-CoV-2, or both,” they wrote.

Yup, because the CDC has had a good handle on all of this.
You understand all of these COVID numbers are being massively inflated for reasons other than sheer politics?. Hospitals are able to charge insurance companies more if they label a case COVID related.
But again, if you want to live in fear due to media hysteria, that is your right. Sit at home, eyes glued to MSNBC/CNN. But let the rest of us get on with our lives.
Maybe when you come out of your caves in two years when a vaccine is available, your little guy will be ready for some non-contact lax drills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“We infer that either the CDC’s annual estimates substantially overstate the actual number of deaths caused by influenza or that the current number of COVID-19 counted deaths substantially understates the actual number of deaths caused by SARS-CoV-2, or both,” they wrote.[/quote]

You understand all of these COVID numbers are being massively inflated for reasons other than sheer politics?. Hospitals are able to charge insurance companies more if they label a case COVID related.
But again, if you want to live in fear due to media hysteria, that is your right. Sit at home, eyes glued to MSNBC/CNN. But let the rest of us get on with our lives.
Maybe when you come out of your caves in two years when a vaccine is available, your little guy will be ready for some non-contact lax drills.[/quote]

Great answer to the fear monger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe when you come out of your caves in two years when a vaccine is available, your little guy will be ready for some non-contact lax drills.[/quote]

Great answer to the fear monger.[/quote]

The person was simply stating that Covid is way more deadly than flu which is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a typical arrogant know it all doctor. Spend more time in reality than posting statistics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This person sounds intelligent, not arrogant, and it's you who needs a reality check.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This person sounds intelligent, not arrogant, and it's you who needs a reality check.

Again.. What this comes down to is some of you think the world should just stop, and we should all lock ourselves into isolation until there is a vaccine because a tiny percentage of the population is vulnerable to COVID.

That should not be the case now that we know who is at risk (elderly/pre-existing conditions//diabetics, etc) and what it takes to reduce risks..

The rest of us prefer to get on with life and that includes low risk activities like lacrosse tournaments.
If you are still uncomfortable with the idea.. Leave the rest of us alone, as no one is forcing you to partake..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again.. What this comes down to is some of you think the world should just stop, and we should all lock ourselves into isolation until there is a vaccine because a tiny percentage of the population is vulnerable to COVID.

That should not be the case now that we know who is at risk (elderly/pre-existing conditions//diabetics, etc) and what it takes to reduce risks..

The rest of us prefer to get on with life and that includes low risk activities like lacrosse tournaments.
If you are still uncomfortable with the idea.. Leave the rest of us alone, as no one is forcing you to partake..

Wow. You seem to have lost your morals over lacrosse. A little fact for you to think about. There are programs in the PA, MD area where kids have been testing positive for COVID after these tournaments they have played. Some programs have shut down after opening and competing. Trust me when I tell you this, this is far from over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STICK TO THE SCRIPT: NO REFUNDS! If you want to play the part of The Donald or Faucci go to another board. Fact is the pandemic is real, people still want to play lacrosse and you fools are NOT getting back one penny. Nor should you after reading some of the nonsense on here. Instead of regurgitating statistics or trading insults why dont you think about what you are going to do for the upcoming season because this season is OVER! Accept it.

The clubs can/will tell you everything you want to hear. They will give you sand when you are dying of thirst and you will drink it because you want to believe that it is water. Silly Rabbit...Tricks are for Lax Parents! And people that drink sand ultimately choke on it. Wake up Laxaholics!

NO Refunds, No tourneys,and Hush-hush watered down "play dates"...Oh My!! Whatcha gonna do for 2002/2021? Thats the real question.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, You need to realize that nothing will change until a cure or vaccine is found and distributed ...which may or may not happen until later part of next year at earliest .

At this point if you are at risk person and dont protect yourself, stay at home, etc, etc, etc,,,,,well not much more I can say to you.....

For the rest of us, common sense and some prudent protection and on with life we go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. You seem to have lost your morals over lacrosse. A little fact for you to think about. There are programs in the PA, MD area where kids have been testing positive for COVID after these tournaments they have played. Some programs have shut down after opening and competing. Trust me when I tell you this, this is far from over.

Trust you. BOTC only deals in facts. Please reference the number of positive covid cases at these tourneys and the programs that were shut down. Me thinks you are spewing fake news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What programs?

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard