BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 116 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The announcement of Cal State system going online for the fall is definitely not good news for sports.

Unfortunately things are going to be delayed for at least another year with a potential attempt to normalcy in the winter. I hope I am wrong but from speaking to people who know ALOT more than me - fall sports like football and soccer are going to be cancelled. Some schools will open in the fall while others don't which will make school sports highly unlikely. The one caveat is this wont be everywhere. As we all know testing isn't there yet so large gatherings aren't going to occur and unlike professional sports where TV contracts and $$S will prevail there isn't going to be a central locale like Orlando or Arizona for high school sports. Without school there wont even be after school sports and if there is school - large gatherings like a football game with hundreds in the stands wont occur. Schools will start to open up in the winter but those in the know (again not me - just happen to talk to people who are) say without a cure there will be a relapse and we will be back where we are now. While we will be MUCH more prepared with masks and hopefully testing and a better response, the first thing to go will again be large gatherings. So while school will operate more smoothly with remote learning OR in some instances even staying open with factors in place such as temperature checks, face masks etc . . there will again be no LARGE gatherings after school Since I am on a Lacrosse blog - this means no spring lax without a cure. This also means no proms, school plays, etc . . I can only hope this relapse and continued "stay at home" procedure doesn't comeback next February/March but this seems inevitable. People will think all is good as things in the fall/early winter start to gain some normalcy but then things will revert. I will add that BOY, DO I HOPE THOSE SMARTER THAN ME ARE DEAD WRONG!!!

not sure who you are talking to but they are wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They might be wrong, but no lax all summer seems like a safe bet at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They might be wrong, but no lax all summer seems like a safe bet at this point.

The announcement of Cal State system going online for the fall is definitely not good news for sports.

Unfortunately things are going to be delayed for at least another year with a potential attempt to normalcy in the winter. I hope I am wrong but from speaking to people who know ALOT more than me - fall sports like football and soccer are going to be cancelled. Some schools will open in the fall while others don't which will make school sports highly unlikely. The one caveat is this wont be everywhere. As we all know testing isn't there yet so large gatherings aren't going to occur and unlike professional sports where TV contracts and $$S will prevail there isn't going to be a central locale like Orlando or Arizona for high school sports. Without school there wont even be after school sports and if there is school - large gatherings like a football game with hundreds in the stands wont occur. Schools will start to open up in the winter but those in the know (again not me - just happen to talk to people who are) say without a cure there will be a relapse and we will be back where we are now. While we will be MUCH more prepared with masks and hopefully testing and a better response, the first thing to go will again be large gatherings. So while school will operate more smoothly with remote learning OR in some instances even staying open with factors in place such as temperature checks, face masks etc . . there will again be no LARGE gatherings after school Since I am on a Lacrosse blog - this means no spring lax without a cure. This also means no proms, school plays, etc . . I can only hope this relapse and continued "stay at home" procedure doesn't comeback next February/March but this seems inevitable. People will think all is good as things in the fall/early winter start to gain some normalcy but then things will revert. I will add that BOY, DO I HOPE THOSE SMARTER THAN ME ARE DEAD WRONG!!!

not sure who you are talking to but they are wrong.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...versity-campuses-staying-closed-for-fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mentioned that there would be no lax without a cure.... what about Lax For The Cure..... See what I did there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mentioned that there would be no lax without a cure.... what about Lax For The Cure..... See what I did there?

classic

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, thats cancelled too...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

classic

Its unfortunate but was just talking to a friend whose daughter will be enrolling in a coed New England prep school this fall and it was reported back - after a zoom call the administration just had with new parents - that it is highly unlikely Fall sports (especially those of the contact variety) are a go. That is the conversation being bantered about among ALL of the Northeast private schools. It stinks but just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this pint I just want to know how much $$$ we are getting g back from these tournaments. I’m no spring chicken and we lost $$$ last year to a rained-out ourney. Found out the hard way that with weather you get no money back!
Holding out hope and endlessly watching governors open up/close counties is getting exhausting.
It’s a good thing my daughter is not a junior. For that very reason clubs should give money back minus admin fees. It’s a good thing our club loves to run up the numbers in our teams! More families more money!
I really dont know how clubs can justify keeping any dues from this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was moved to the end of July?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was moved to the end of July?

It is....dates are July 24-26th

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i predict cancellation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have insight into the virtual clinic referred to as The Future ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s put on by Revs. Not a big fan. They do lots of money grab events

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

What are they expected to decide relevant to women's lax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

have a feeling the dead period is being extended through July

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

summer tournaments, if there are any, now kind of a waste for those in the recruiting classes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

summer tournaments, if there are any, now kind of a waste for those in the recruiting classes.

I agree. What would be the point of attending if no coaches will be there? I'm sure the competition would be good for the girls, but ultimately it comes down to performing in front of prospective colleges. If they don't lift the dead period on August then the 22s will have had no opportunity to get looks since last fall. That age group is really taking it on the chin through this whole thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the dead period cover? No on campus recruiting visits, I know. Phone calls and texts still are allowed.

Can the coaches come to tournaments? Can they work at off campus camps/clinics? For example Lacrosse Masters, etc? 'Virtual" clinics?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the dead period cover? No on campus recruiting visits, I know. Phone calls and texts still are allowed.

Can the coaches come to tournaments? Can they work at off campus camps/clinics? For example Lacrosse Masters, etc? 'Virtual" clinics?

Coaches can do nothing but look at film highlights during a dead period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the NCAA website:

What is a dead period?
During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There goes G8. Will MA be next?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did G8 cancel again ? I'm not seeing that anywhere ? I can tell you M&D which runs MidAtlantic will not cancel unless forced to do so. Nobody there wants to or still has the funds to issue refunds for that tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did G8 cancel again ? I'm not seeing that anywhere ? I can tell you M&D which runs MidAtlantic will not cancel unless forced to do so. Nobody there wants to or still has the funds to issue refunds for that tournament
Delaware made the call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA Baltimore highlight roster was some funny reading just now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

18 of the 23 have been on UA teams the last 2 years. Every year people complain. Baltimore won both divisions last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

18 of the 23 have been on UA teams the last 2 years. Every year people complain. Baltimore won both divisions last year

🤐

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class of 22 heavy? Is that the surprise? Always DC tryout in Howard county coming up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Command 4 out of 23 where 2024. Highlight 10 out of 23 were class of 2022. I would say the Highlight ratio argues for tryout fairness, not going for more well known/ older girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

🤐
If you had a bad tryout but you play for the high school or club involved with the coaching staff, you got the spot over the players who were more deserving. End of discussion. It’s the way it is. Don’t try out if it bothers you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Command 4 out of 23 where 2024. Highlight 10 out of 23 were class of 2022. I would say the Highlight ratio argues for tryout fairness, not going for more well known/ older girls.
that and there was obvious coaching bias this year. Some of these 2022 selections are laughable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that and there was obvious coaching bias this year. Some of these 2022 selections are laughable

Are you referring to the Heros girls? Other than them not sure which coach would be biased.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems this is the first year in a long time the talent is spread out between private and public schools. I guess you are bitter because your 22 did not make the cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you referring to the Heros girls? Other than them not sure which coach would be biased.
it looks very obvious what happened

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it looks very obvious what happened

I don’t see the purpose of having this same conversation every year. 1. There are kids selected that are deserving.
2. There are those that aren’t deserving but get in because of connections.
3. There are those who merit a spot on the team but get passed over due to points #1 and #2.

We all know it going into the tryouts, so don’t bellyache if your daughter doesn’t make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes sit back and take it. Hope our heroes get a chance to show their ability this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes sit back and take it. Hope our heroes get a chance to show their ability this year!
Smile pretty for the camera

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Class of 22 heavy? Is that the surprise? Always DC tryout in Howard county coming up.

The DC tryouts may be in HoCo this year but the Coaches are from DC/VA. They will not allow for girls that they view as not from the DC area to make the team. Last year some of the most talented players at the tryouts didn’t make the call back game because they were viewed from out of region.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The DC tryouts may be in HoCo this year but the Coaches are from DC/VA. They will not allow for girls that they view as not from the DC area to make the team. Last year some of the most talented players at the tryouts didn’t make the call back game because they were viewed from out of region.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the DC tryouts are open to girls from MD too. There will be a steady steam of cars filled with talented girls that didn't make the Baltimore team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 116 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard