BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 316 of 327 1 2 314 315 316 317 318 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"I'm not bashing YJ at all. Read it again. I like CR. In fact, if you read what I wrote again, you'll see I'm very complimentary about her. Yes, she double dips, but so do a bunch of other clubs. She's a smart businesswoman. I don't fault her for that or anything else. CR was good to me and my daughter. I've never seen anyone kissing SL butt, that's what I said. You have, okay. No need to freak out. I said club recruiting connections are not as important as they used to be. That has nothing to do with YJ or Legacy. It's simply a result of the recruiting rules change. You go berserk and go on the attack. It's pretty odd. I guess you're very self-conscious or something. Either way, I'm sorry my opinion bothers you, but it's still my opinion. Last I checked, that wasn't illegal.

You are obviously just too dense to understand you are being insulting and a few of your quotes below are bashing YJ.
"YJ went from "elite" to accepting anyone"
"only place where the customer kisses the business' butt"
" Its cult like"

Your club connections comment are also ignorant.

You're obviously too dense to realize this is an anonymous forum and I may well not have written those other statements - which I didn't.

But since you brought it up, at least the first one is correct. YJ does accept nearly anyone. CR takes the number of girls trying out, divides by 24 and that's the number of teams for the grade. The few extra are cut unless they can be combined with the extras from a grade younger, in which case she'll add a combined team. If you don't know that, shame on you because everyone else inside and outside of YJ does. Again, nothing wrong with it as long as people are willing to pay for it, which they are. She's a good business person which is why she likely has more money tucked away than anyone on this forum. God Bless America!

YJ isn't the only place the customer kisses the business' butt. It happens in all youth sports because parents think it will help their kid get ahead. I think this is funny to watch myself.

YJ is cult-like - I don't think that is true.

And if my club connections comment is so ignorant, please do explain why. "Your club connections comment are also ignorant." is kind of vague.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not discount a coach for not having played the game, whether they are a Dad or the official coach. Judging by the age group you may be fairly new to the club lacrosse scene. Once upon a time a basketball coach decided to try coaching Lacrosse. He never played lacrosse and somehow was able to start the top ranked club in MD. The coach went undefeated in High School for 7 seasons. He is now in Fla doing the same thing he did in Maryland.

I understand your point. But that’s not this guy. Believe me

dense parallel, that guys was a well established and seasoned basketball coach before he made the switch, not just a Daddy.

With that lay off Team Dad. He's a really nice guy and spends a ton of his own time organizing stuff that no one wants to deal with while expecting nothing in return.

Never said he wasn’t a nice guy. He has no business being on the sideline coaching.

You should be happy that he's there, the Majet team would be in shambles without him. I don't think he'd be so hands on if he didn't have to be, but CR will fix that eventually. Sad when selflessness gets you ripped online.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not discount a coach for not having played the game, whether they are a Dad or the official coach. Judging by the age group you may be fairly new to the club lacrosse scene. Once upon a time a basketball coach decided to try coaching Lacrosse. He never played lacrosse and somehow was able to start the top ranked club in MD. The coach went undefeated in High School for 7 seasons. He is now in Fla doing the same thing he did in Maryland.

dense parallel, that guys was a well established and seasoned basketball coach before he made the switch, not just a Daddy.

With that lay off Team Dad. He's a really nice guy and spends a ton of his own time organizing stuff that no one wants to deal with while expecting nothing in return.

Never said he wasn’t a nice guy. He has no business being on the sideline coaching.

You should be happy that he's there, the Majet team would be in shambles without him. I don't think he'd be so hands on if he didn't have to be, but CR will fix that eventually. Sad when selflessness gets you ripped online.

Not the original poster but here’s my take

Team dad is a nice guy who does a lot. I would agree he probably shouldn’t be coaching.

Majet is a terrible coach. She has no idea how to relate to 4th grade girls. And she certainly has no interest in making every girl on her team a better lacrosse player. What’s funny is that for such a “tough” coach she can’t even address the parents on the team. She makes team dad do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Part of the cult requirements is that parents wear and display more swag then their kids. Pretty funny watching the lemmings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster but here’s my take

Team dad is a nice guy who does a lot. I would agree he probably shouldn’t be coaching.

Majet is a terrible coach. She has no idea how to relate to 4th grade girls. And she certainly has no interest in making every girl on her team a better lacrosse player. What’s funny is that for such a “tough” coach she can’t even address the parents on the team. She makes team dad do it.

The plan was for Kolb to run that team which would have been a great situation for all, but it just wasn't meant to be and didn't work out for a number of reasons. The current leadership situation is untenable and will be addressed by the organization at some point. It's just not worth getting too worked up about right now where they are only in fourth grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who K is....but anyone would be better than M. Super team dad put the team together with a bunch of smithtown girls and got him to coach. I think he’s part of the problem by compensating so much for M being terrible with little kids.

Almost half the team didn’t even return to tryout. If that doesn’t speak volumes, I don’t know what does. Hopefully they will change it soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ just keep cashing those checks.... and we keep begging them to do it. Meanwhile any girl with a stick can play in college SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I get the hostility towards YJ other than jealousy. I'm an M&D parent and YJ does the best job of any club getting their girls recruited by top schools. While I don't get the parents that are willing to pay the money for their girls to be on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc YJ team that's on the parents, not the club. Are you saying that YJ shouldn't field teams when there is a demand for it? That wouldn't make any sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, they should just say, thanks but no thanks, i don't really want the money! Seriously, i have no dog in this fight, but you like the club or you don't. I don't see why there is a need to act like a petulant child. if the parents want to pay for their daughter to be on a "C" team, then let them do it. Maybe they enjoy it. Not everyone has to be recruited to a top 5 program to make this a worthwhile endeavor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure I get the hostility towards YJ other than jealousy. I'm an M&D parent and YJ does the best job of any club getting their girls recruited by top schools. While I don't get the parents that are willing to pay the money for their girls to be on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc YJ team that's on the parents, not the club. Are you saying that YJ shouldn't field teams when there is a demand for it? That wouldn't make any sense.

100%
Very hard to make the top team at YJ. Looking at the past decade the top 15 girls on the A team (blue)go on to play at top 10 programs. The Gold or B team sends most kids to lower D1 schools like Holy Cross, Hofstra and Binghamton. The C team sends girls to low D1, D2 and D3 schools. If your daughter wants to play lacrosse in college there is a school for her. Playing on YJ it gets them exposed along with other programs, but the most beneficial part is the friends them make and the fun times and memories they create. Getting to Maryland or UNC isn’t everyone’s goal but that don’t mean you can’t have fun. And play club ball. YJ offers a ream for all levels of skill. Yea it’s a business but a good one.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Test

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC
Nova
Lafayette
Georgetown
Princeton
Florida
SB

Some of the schools that B team kids will attend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC
Nova
Lafayette
Georgetown
Princeton
Florida
SB

Yeah but the rest are going to Barbizon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC
Nova
Lafayette
Georgetown
Princeton
Florida
SB

Not!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]USC
Nova
Lafayette
Georgetown
Princeton
Florida
SB

Lafayette #99 doesn't belong in the conversation if we are talking about lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure I get the hostility towards YJ other than jealousy. I'm an M&D parent and YJ does the best job of any club getting their girls recruited by top schools. While I don't get the parents that are willing to pay the money for their girls to be on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc YJ team that's on the parents, not the club. Are you saying that YJ shouldn't field teams when there is a demand for it? That wouldn't make any sense.

100%
Very hard to make the top team at YJ. Looking at the past decade the top 15 girls on the A team (blue)go on to play at top 10 programs. The Gold or B team sends most kids to lower D1 schools like Holy Cross, Hofstra and Binghamton. The C team sends girls to low D1, D2 and D3 schools. If your daughter wants to play lacrosse in college there is a school for her. Playing on YJ it gets them exposed along with other programs, but the most beneficial part is the friends them make and the fun times and memories they create. Getting to Maryland or UNC isn’t everyone’s goal but that don’t mean you can’t have fun. And play club ball. YJ offers a ream for all levels of skill. Yea it’s a business but a good one.

Lower D1 school? Hofstra was 30. Holy Cross 92. Binghamton 107. Not the same tier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure I get the hostility towards YJ other than jealousy. I'm an M&D parent and YJ does the best job of any club getting their girls recruited by top schools. While I don't get the parents that are willing to pay the money for their girls to be on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc YJ team that's on the parents, not the club. Are you saying that YJ shouldn't field teams when there is a demand for it? That wouldn't make any sense.

100%

It is very hard to make the top YJ because its not always based on skill level. Sometimes the girl has the right zip code, they pay for play with their coach or have other connections. Just because players are on the Blue team doesn't mean they are Blue players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100% odds over the last 10+ years is that many of the best LI girls play for the YJ's. Many years and parent could dump out the ball bag and win coaching the blue team. But to the person above 100% accurate that some blue players don't belong but since they live in the right neighborhood or had siblings that have already paid CR 10's of thousands of dollars they make the tea, Its not tough to take some extra kids when you are rostering almost 30 girls. My problem has always been if you take a girl on a team, she must be good enough for that team, so PLAY THEM!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So do you think that college coaches realize the BS politics? What are the chances then of a B player playing for a top program if they are buried on the B team because they don’t have the correct zip code or mom and dad paying extra money to have their kid on the A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally FALSE!!!!!!!!!!

If your player is good enough and you put the time into looking at schools and going to their camp or clinic the coaches will see you.

Lots of second team players go to great schools AND PLAY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally FALSE!!!!!!!!!!

If your player is good enough and you put the time into looking at schools and going to their camp or clinic the coaches will see you.

AND if your a C team player you can get into a good school through politics as well! politics alive and well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally FALSE!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree. Just look at the big fish in small ponds. Best girls that play on the Wave and other smaller programs still get to top schools not always but WHEN its deserved

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College kids don’t coach at yellow jackets. And I’ve never seen anyone hung over. My kid plays for the c team and she is going to a very good d2 school . Like most programs you will get out what you put in. She got to play before many d1 programs and had 5 calls/ emails on September 1st. It didn’t go that way but it all work out and she’s very happy with her school . More importantly she’s proud of her self and so am I.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do some research . look at the rosters and at the Commitments . You will see players down to the c team going to good d2 schools. My daughters year has 4 teams and you’ll see a lot of girls going d3 on the 4th team and the still have a year to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do some research . look at the rosters and at the Commitments . You will see players down to the c team going to good d2 schools. My daughters year has 4 teams and you’ll see a lot of girls going d3 on the 4th team and the still have a year to go.

The C team is alive and well with politics. The 1 going D1 is a political connection and if you are in the right crowd on that team they helped you out. I have no problem with playing D2 or D3 but I am not sure kids play for 5 years hoping for D2. Finally, 5 calls from D1 teams on Sept 1, doubt that, most of B girls got no calls. And many B girls got no help with recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn’t matter about money it matters about exposure if your daughter starts to look at schools and gets an idea for what she wants big, small, private public and major then u start doing the camps and sending the emails. If a coach knows u want them and the school they’re more inclined to take notice to your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The C team is alive and well with politics. The 1 going D1 is a political connection and if you are in the right crowd on that team they helped you out. I have no problem with playing D2 or D3 but I am not sure kids play for 5 years hoping for D2. Finally, 5 calls from D1 teams on Sept 1, doubt that, most of B girls got no calls. And many B girls got no help with recruiting.

Which team is your girl on? What are you basing your statement on? Facts? Or your emotions? Pretty sure it’s the latter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team is your girl on? What are you basing your statement on? Facts? Or your emotions? Pretty sure it’s the latter!

Obviously you're daughter is on C. Truth hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the YJ's refund Credit Policy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

🤣😂🤣😂🤣

You must be new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their policy is there is none.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it’s on their website. Actually one of the only teams that are not stringing parents along like my son’s team.
Teams are staying together. Tourney fees will be applied to next year. And 2021s are getting their money back. Show me one other organization who is actually taking money out of their pocket and returning it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it’s on their website. Actually one of the only teams that are not stringing parents along like my son’s team.
Teams are staying together. Tourney fees will be applied to next year. And 2021s are getting their money back. Show me one other organization who is actually taking money out of their pocket and returning it?

My kids team isn't. The organization posted tuition fees beginning in September, with no mention regarding number of tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any issues with Spallina coaching the 2025s once they reach recruiting age? Seems like a big violation? Not that any of the top players would consider stonybrook?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any issues with Spallina coaching the 2025s once they reach recruiting age? Seems like a big violation? Not that any of the top players would consider stonybrook?

Wow you may of been the first person to think of that.lolol Take a look a Shannon smith the last few years and yes funny we were discussing a few days ago that this incoming class may be the first at SB that has recruited top kids to stay. Two of his recruits may be best on LI 2 of the top 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow you may of been the first person to think of that.lolol Take a look a Shannon smith the last few years and yes funny we were discussing a few days ago that this incoming class may be the first at SB that has recruited top kids to stay. Two of his recruits may be best on LI 2 of the top 5

Clearly a matter of opinion on how good the recruiting class is and why even put the spotlight on 2 specific players .2 of the top 5 players on LI , exactly what are their accolades for you to make that statement. Are they 2 very good players , yes , but LI has a lot of very good players especially in that age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those poor girls who end up playing for him for fourteen straight years will need years of therapy which will financially outweigh the cost of any scholarship dollars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not likely

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are there any issues with Spallina coaching the 2025s once they reach recruiting age? Seems like a big violation? Not that any of the top players would consider stonybrook?

are you talking recruiting class of 2025? Or Current recruiting class of 2021?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are there any issues with Spallina coaching the 2025s once they reach recruiting age? Seems like a big violation? Not that any of the top players would consider stonybrook?

are you talking recruiting class of 2025? Or Current recruiting class of 2021?

2020 graduates

Like Reply Quote
Page 316 of 327 1 2 314 315 316 317 318 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard