Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
LI Jester Girls United Tryouts just posted!!! | Shore2Shore Girls Lacrosse - Free Clinic & Evaluation today & tomorrow!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 08:36 PM
Boys 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 08:30 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 06:33 PM
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 06:18 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 05:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,081
Posts269,245
Members2,199
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 63 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 62 63
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
LaxMod #303948 07/13/20 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs are going to risk our kids/families health so they can keep our money.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

LaxMod #303949 07/13/20 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was NJ able to host a tournament this weekend? I was under the assumption their phases were parallel to NY.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303953 07/13/20 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ is classifying lacrosse as moderate, not high risk where I believe NY is classifying it as high risk. So Lacrosse outdoors is permitted as is baseball, softball and soccer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303955 07/13/20 11:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the tuition that you paid, how much do you feel you are owed? You had Fall Tourneys, got all your gear and had a full winter training along with all of the recent "fluff" practices... $500?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303962 07/13/20 12:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club is doing a fantastic job. Earliest to get kids back at practice, arranging local tournaments/play days in lieu of the travel tournaments we were scheduled for, filming everything and providing the film for free. I’m not sure what else they could do...I want them to be around when this is done so I’m fine taking a credit or eating the difference between the travel tournament costs and the local ones.

I know their numbers next year will be weaker because the younger kids won’t sign up in the same numbers. I doubt they’re living it up.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
LaxMod #303964 07/13/20 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck are you doing with practice film?

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #303967 07/13/20 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when I see statements like "providing film for free". It's not free, you paid a small fortune for this "season" but you read in an email from your club that free film will be provided at a play day and you believe it.
It's similar to clubs telling us practices are not mandatory. Of course they're not, I paid for them!! It's like a restaurant owner telling me I don't have to finish a meal that I buy.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303974 07/13/20 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The College Patriot League just cancelled all fall sports! I sure hope these LAX practices for our kids is worth it!

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #303975 07/13/20 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practices for what? Just so people's kids have something to do? Or practice for the Keep-your-fingers-crossed tournaments that are going to be cxld??

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #303986 07/13/20 09:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College universities are thinking about getting rid of non-revenue sports. Taking such a crushing amount of money from Football and basketball that carries all other sports . I bet you wont see lacrosse scholarships in the future.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #304003 07/14/20 08:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why won’t the clubs just tell us what’s going to happen so we can plan our summer? Put the money to the side it’s quality of life right now! The virus has ruined all social events can’t we just accept it and move on?

Tournaments are happening. This weekend , next week and will continue into August. Very few teams are staying away from tournaments at this time. Next week NLF Championship will be in DE. Will see who shows up. That is a big one with teams coming from all over country including CA, TX, South, NE, etc. Nothing on Tourney Machine yet.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304004 07/14/20 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club is doing a fantastic job. Earliest to get kids back at practice, arranging local tournaments/play days in lieu of the travel tournaments we were scheduled for, filming everything and providing the film for free. I’m not sure what else they could do...I want them to be around when this is done so I’m fine taking a credit or eating the difference between the travel tournament costs and the local ones.

I know their numbers next year will be weaker because the younger kids won’t sign up in the same numbers. I doubt they’re living it up.

Found the team director...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304006 07/14/20 09:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why won’t the clubs just tell us what’s going to happen so we can plan our summer? Put the money to the side it’s quality of life right now! The virus has ruined all social events can’t we just accept it and move on?

Tournaments are happening. This weekend , next week and will continue into August. Very few teams are staying away from tournaments at this time. Next week NLF Championship will be in DE. Will see who shows up. That is a big one with teams coming from all over country including CA, TX, South, NE, etc. Nothing on Tourney Machine yet.

You are exactly right. It's like people are sticking there head in the sand...."Why won't clubs tell us what is happening"....Open your eyes and look for yourself at what is happening and figure it out. I get it that the money hurts, but a lot of these clubs are playing in tournaments and practicing all over the country. So maybe you and your club will accept it, but the hard truth is. Most of the rest of the country involved in lax is not moving on and accepting it. They are playing. How is that tough to see?

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #304011 07/14/20 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about "most of the country." As a family we took a step and and considered the level of practice, tournaments, scheduling, etc to determine if we were going to play the wait and see game determining putting our summer on hold for lacrosse. Even though my kid plays a large role for his HS team (nationally ranked) we decided this season travel lacrosse was to take a back seat and we were going to enjoy the many summer time activities that were put on hold during the past several years. Is he still practicing and working on skills, yes, but he's getting a reprieve from the game and realizes how much more to life there is besides lacrosse. Does this model fit nicely on everyone's' shelf, I don't know, but my kid has gained a wealth of knowledge on how the game of life is played...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304012 07/14/20 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about "most of the country." As a family we took a step and and considered the level of practice, tournaments, scheduling, etc to determine if we were going to play the wait and see game determining putting our summer on hold for lacrosse. Even though my kid plays a large role for his HS team (nationally ranked) we decided this season travel lacrosse was to take a back seat and we were going to enjoy the many summer time activities that were put on hold during the past several years. Is he still practicing and working on skills, yes, but he's getting a reprieve from the game and realizes how much more to life there is besides lacrosse. Does this model fit nicely on everyone's' shelf, I don't know, but my kid has gained a wealth of knowledge on how the game of life is played...

Great post. The problem with those saying "everyone do what you think is right for your family" is that those going to tournaments could be spreading the virus to those people being responsible. The goal should be get the kids back in school this fall. We've already sacrificed a lot as a country. Absolutely notIntelligent to risk screwing everything up and having to fully shut back down for things like youth sports tournaments this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 63 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 62 63
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard