BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,889
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hermit? No. You can still do things. Just not gather 1000 screaming crazy parents that think their 12 yr old is Paul Rabil, under a tent that holds germs no less, in the middle of some run down field for 8 hrs. And across state lines in some case .... Thats a great way to contain spreading of the virus...NOT . What this virus has shown is that many people lack the ability to entertain or interact with their kids for whatever reason. Maybe a red solo cup is more important. I dont know as fortunately I do not fall into that category of "I need to keep my kid busy and lax is the only source of doing that".

So true.

Might want to come down off that mountain and join us poor mere mortals Mr Holier than Tho . Difference between you and me is that I dont care what you do with your life in this free country, Somehow you think you can tell me how to lead my life.

Here's what you don't get. If you want to do something reckless that only affects you and your family, have at it. But when you meatheads are doing reckless things that affects other people, it is my business. Because you are going to spread the virus, and those who you affect will spread the virus, and then people will die, people will lose jobs, schools will be shut down act. It's amazing that this virus has been here 6 months and everyone sees what's going on with the states wouldn't use good judgment and you people are still saying the "free country" garbage. Liberate me so I can go to a youth lacrosse tournament! The whole world is pitying us (and Brazil).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better then sitting on the sidelines at Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches.... Stop...Do you guys even know how much a Lax scholarship is worth? Basically nothing and it comes with a pack of chewed bubblegum. If your playing with teh hopes of your rockstar getting a scholarship then you will end up losing money in medical bills. Shakin my head...

Keep shaking your head. Just because lax scholarships are not full ride, they have value. Who doesn’t want $60-80k for an out of state school?
Whos getting 80k ??

Anyone with a 30% scholarship at Duke or some other private school. To be clear that the amount over 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hermit? No. You can still do things. Just not gather 1000 screaming crazy parents that think their 12 yr old is Paul Rabil, under a tent that holds germs no less, in the middle of some run down field for 8 hrs. And across state lines in some case .... Thats a great way to contain spreading of the virus...NOT . What this virus has shown is that many people lack the ability to entertain or interact with their kids for whatever reason. Maybe a red solo cup is more important. I dont know as fortunately I do not fall into that category of "I need to keep my kid busy and lax is the only source of doing that".

So true.

Might want to come down off that mountain and join us poor mere mortals Mr Holier than Tho . Difference between you and me is that I dont care what you do with your life in this free country, Somehow you think you can tell me how to lead my life.

Here's what you don't get. If you want to do something reckless that only affects you and your family, have at it. But when you meatheads are doing reckless things that affects other people, it is my business. Because you are going to spread the virus, and those who you affect will spread the virus, and then people will die, people will lose jobs, schools will be shut down act. It's amazing that this virus has been here 6 months and everyone sees what's going on with the states wouldn't use good judgment and you people are still saying the "free country" garbage. Liberate me so I can go to a youth lacrosse tournament! The whole world is pitying us (and Brazil).

Got it,,You are against people having freedom , or as you say " Free country garbage". Right there is the difference between you and me. You would have been a great loyalist back in 1770's. I can hear you now , The King knows what best for us, stop causing trouble and spreading this Freedom thing or " people will die, people will lose jobs, schools will be shut down" .

If you take all the summer youth lacrosse tournaments and combine parents and players, that total amount of people would not even add up the total amount of people for One night of protest/rioting in any One city last month. Spare us your holier than tho self, The tournament sidelines have responsible people using common sense, which means, some wearing of masks, distancing etc.

Hide yourself and your children in your closet and do what you think is right, you have at minimum until end of 2021 till any vaccine will be effective on the entire US according to drug industry, And that is getting everything right, which is a stretch since government is full of people like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid will be entering the recruiting phase next year. For us, I don't see the point traveling out of state to attend a tournament without college recruiters in attendance. School ball is even a question mark at this point. Maintain physical conditioning, skills, etc and remain ready when the gates open. Right now as a family, we have time to enjoy some things that were placed on the back burner when we ran around like lunatics from practice to weekend tournaments. Families that want to attend tournaments, that's fine, those who don't, that's fine too. The empirical data, name calling is all unnecessary. Do what YOU feel is best for your family. Just remember, clubs were formed to make money.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My club has informed us that they will not be refunding any money, they said it says that there are no refunds in the contract. They have also canceled all away tournaments and are looking to schedule some scrimmages. They state that the tournaments we were supposed to enter do not give refunds. Is this true? Will tournaments not return the money paid by the clubs if the don't go and the tournament is still on? Seems hard to believe! No happy!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches.... Stop...Do you guys even know how much a Lax scholarship is worth? Basically nothing and it comes with a pack of chewed bubblegum. If your playing with teh hopes of your rockstar getting a scholarship then you will end up losing money in medical bills. Shakin my head...

Keep shaking your head. Just because lax scholarships are not full ride, they have value. Who doesn’t want $60-80k for an out of state school?
Whos getting 80k ??

Anyone with a 30% scholarship at Duke or some other private school. To be clear that the amount over 4 years.

My kids both did very well with their scholarships. Both get 40k to schools in the to 50 (one top 20)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My club has informed us that they will not be refunding any money, they said it says that there are no refunds in the contract. They have also canceled all away tournaments and are looking to schedule some scrimmages. They state that the tournaments we were supposed to enter do not give refunds. Is this true? Will tournaments not return the money paid by the clubs if the don't go and the tournament is still on? Seems hard to believe! No happy!!

Tournaments probably rolling fees to a later date...how late? who knows. Towns/schools don’t return educational tax dollars when my kids didn’t get the same experience with remote learning so I’m not expecting money back when our year-long club lacrosse service got interupted. Definitely curious to see how the fall/winter plays out....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tournaments probably rolling fees to a later date...how late? who knows. Towns/schools don’t return educational tax dollars when my kids didn’t get the same experience with remote learning so I’m not expecting money back when our year-long club lacrosse service got interupted. Definitely curious to see how the fall/winter plays out....

Okay, hold that thought. So what does one do when a club wants to begin the payment plan rolling again in September. I can't see paying, then hoping we get what we paid for. Better yet, if we agree to come back in September, pay, what are we entitled to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whos getting 80k ??

My kids both did very well with their scholarships. Both get 40k to schools in the to 50 (one top 20)

So I guess it raises the question of whether Mr. Shakin my head knows knows how much a lax scholarship is worth. Partial scholarships have value, rather its 10% of the cost of attendance or 50% plus. No reason a young man shouldn't hope to be seen and strive for some money. It may help one afford a school they may not have considered otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whos getting 80k ??

My son is Looking at a D2 school. The spell out their academic scholarships. You have to have above a 3.0 and score 1200 SAT. If my son keeps up his grades, 3.6 now, and gets a 1200 or higher, we are looking at 35%, 1300, 45%. While lacrosse skill maters, grades are everything, unless you are a top 10 player.. study harder folks..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, hold that thought. So what does one do when a club wants to begin the payment plan rolling again in September. I can't see paying, then hoping we get what we paid for. Better yet, if we agree to come back in September, pay, what are we entitled to?

I'd say any club that is looking for money so early on is showing their greed. If you want to take $100-$200 for the Fall to reserve a roster spot then work out the payment plan at a different date once you can get clarity on what is happening with the money that is in limbo right now.....that is probably the way it should go.
All these clubs made payments to tournaments that haven't returned money because they keep rescheduling. Can't make plans for next season until these tournaments either happen or return money to clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why won’t the clubs just tell us what’s going to happen so we can plan our summer? Put the money to the side it’s quality of life right now! The virus has ruined all social events can’t we just accept it and move on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! Thats the issue. Not quite sure how Travel Lax will play tournaments in July and August like they claim. Common sense says they wont. They need one legit program to come out and say "the safety of the players is what matters most and in this environment, without real direction, we are shutting it down and will re-evaluate in August".

The issue there is that the wacko parents will be blowing up their phones, mandating tournaments, etc. So to appease (keep them quiet) the clubs feed them all of these ficticious tournaments and have "Under the radar" practices. All in the name of buying time and silence. The whole system is flawed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN! Thats the issue. Not quite sure how Travel Lax will play tournaments in July and August like they claim. Common sense says they wont. They need one legit program to come out and say "the safety of the players is what matters most and in this environment, without real direction, we are shutting it down and will re-evaluate in August".

The issue there is that the wacko parents will be blowing up their phones, mandating tournaments, etc. So to appease (keep them quiet) the clubs feed them all of these ficticious tournaments and have "Under the radar" practices. All in the name of buying time and silence. The whole system is flawed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs are going to risk our kids/families health so they can keep our money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was NJ able to host a tournament this weekend? I was under the assumption their phases were parallel to NY.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ is classifying lacrosse as moderate, not high risk where I believe NY is classifying it as high risk. So Lacrosse outdoors is permitted as is baseball, softball and soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the tuition that you paid, how much do you feel you are owed? You had Fall Tourneys, got all your gear and had a full winter training along with all of the recent "fluff" practices... $500?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club is doing a fantastic job. Earliest to get kids back at practice, arranging local tournaments/play days in lieu of the travel tournaments we were scheduled for, filming everything and providing the film for free. I’m not sure what else they could do...I want them to be around when this is done so I’m fine taking a credit or eating the difference between the travel tournament costs and the local ones.

I know their numbers next year will be weaker because the younger kids won’t sign up in the same numbers. I doubt they’re living it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck are you doing with practice film?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when I see statements like "providing film for free". It's not free, you paid a small fortune for this "season" but you read in an email from your club that free film will be provided at a play day and you believe it.
It's similar to clubs telling us practices are not mandatory. Of course they're not, I paid for them!! It's like a restaurant owner telling me I don't have to finish a meal that I buy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The College Patriot League just cancelled all fall sports! I sure hope these LAX practices for our kids is worth it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practices for what? Just so people's kids have something to do? Or practice for the Keep-your-fingers-crossed tournaments that are going to be cxld??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College universities are thinking about getting rid of non-revenue sports. Taking such a crushing amount of money from Football and basketball that carries all other sports . I bet you wont see lacrosse scholarships in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why won’t the clubs just tell us what’s going to happen so we can plan our summer? Put the money to the side it’s quality of life right now! The virus has ruined all social events can’t we just accept it and move on?

Tournaments are happening. This weekend , next week and will continue into August. Very few teams are staying away from tournaments at this time. Next week NLF Championship will be in DE. Will see who shows up. That is a big one with teams coming from all over country including CA, TX, South, NE, etc. Nothing on Tourney Machine yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club is doing a fantastic job. Earliest to get kids back at practice, arranging local tournaments/play days in lieu of the travel tournaments we were scheduled for, filming everything and providing the film for free. I’m not sure what else they could do...I want them to be around when this is done so I’m fine taking a credit or eating the difference between the travel tournament costs and the local ones.

I know their numbers next year will be weaker because the younger kids won’t sign up in the same numbers. I doubt they’re living it up.

Found the team director...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tournaments are happening. This weekend , next week and will continue into August. Very few teams are staying away from tournaments at this time. Next week NLF Championship will be in DE. Will see who shows up. That is a big one with teams coming from all over country including CA, TX, South, NE, etc. Nothing on Tourney Machine yet.

You are exactly right. It's like people are sticking there head in the sand...."Why won't clubs tell us what is happening"....Open your eyes and look for yourself at what is happening and figure it out. I get it that the money hurts, but a lot of these clubs are playing in tournaments and practicing all over the country. So maybe you and your club will accept it, but the hard truth is. Most of the rest of the country involved in lax is not moving on and accepting it. They are playing. How is that tough to see?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about "most of the country." As a family we took a step and and considered the level of practice, tournaments, scheduling, etc to determine if we were going to play the wait and see game determining putting our summer on hold for lacrosse. Even though my kid plays a large role for his HS team (nationally ranked) we decided this season travel lacrosse was to take a back seat and we were going to enjoy the many summer time activities that were put on hold during the past several years. Is he still practicing and working on skills, yes, but he's getting a reprieve from the game and realizes how much more to life there is besides lacrosse. Does this model fit nicely on everyone's' shelf, I don't know, but my kid has gained a wealth of knowledge on how the game of life is played...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know about "most of the country." As a family we took a step and and considered the level of practice, tournaments, scheduling, etc to determine if we were going to play the wait and see game determining putting our summer on hold for lacrosse. Even though my kid plays a large role for his HS team (nationally ranked) we decided this season travel lacrosse was to take a back seat and we were going to enjoy the many summer time activities that were put on hold during the past several years. Is he still practicing and working on skills, yes, but he's getting a reprieve from the game and realizes how much more to life there is besides lacrosse. Does this model fit nicely on everyone's' shelf, I don't know, but my kid has gained a wealth of knowledge on how the game of life is played...

Great post. The problem with those saying "everyone do what you think is right for your family" is that those going to tournaments could be spreading the virus to those people being responsible. The goal should be get the kids back in school this fall. We've already sacrificed a lot as a country. Absolutely notIntelligent to risk screwing everything up and having to fully shut back down for things like youth sports tournaments this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you are on here reading this thread means you are having doubts about your decision to pass on this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of the tuition that you paid, how much do you feel you are owed? You had Fall Tourneys, got all your gear and had a full winter training along with all of the recent "fluff" practices... $500?

Thank you club director!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just minutes ago I received a message from my daughter's club owner that one of the girls from an older team just tested positive for Covid. Not only did we just have a round robin with two other clubs - many of the coaches rotate from team to team. This doesn't feel right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you club director!

$500 is a good starting point for refund. We all know the brunt of the season is in the Spring/summer but for the sake of argument I will say a portion of the third payment that many teams take in the spring is -/+ $1000. .

The $500 should be higher or lower depending on how many tournaments and practices have been done. And don't get me started if teams want to do money grab tryouts for 2020-2021 for current players. That should be free if done for current players! smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could it be spread to those you deem "responsible" if they're not attending and just the "notIntelligent",(your wording, not mine) are attending?

From all the tourneys we've attended in the past two weeks in the open states, people were following the directives and wearing masks, socially distancing, etc.

Again, we know you are scared, and that is ok and your right. Stay home and let those who feel they are healthy and are abiding by the state and tourney rules go about their life and enjoy.

As for the school argument, everyone except the teacher's unions for their own reasons, are in agreement that schools should be open with proper measures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. The problem with those saying "everyone do what you think is right for your family" is that those going to tournaments could be spreading the virus to those people being responsible. The goal should be get the kids back in school this fall. We've already sacrificed a lot as a country. Absolutely notIntelligent to risk screwing everything up and having to fully shut back down for things like youth sports tournaments this summer.

Except that keeping kids isolated all Summer will make the spread in the Fall much worse. Kids should be interacting this Summer - some will get exposed and develop immunity. Best to happen now compared to the Fall/Winter when hospitals will also be dealing with the Flu (which is MUCH more deadly to kids).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no club in their right mind that would charge a tryout fee in this environment, is there? Most clubs are returning the exact same squads as this season unless a player leaves on their own. Then they will hand pick a replacement. The real conundrum is the upcoming season: How do you pay up front for something that may never happen? Or be a shell of itself if it does?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The post was bad. They aren't "Putting their summer on hold" unless they are staying home. My guess they aren't. The beaches are packed, kids at parks & kids are at parties. Stop it already and the wealth of knowledge your kid has picked up.. My parents are crazy and I'm moving ASAP!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What region is the club from please?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t believe the immunity talk from this person, they have no clue what they are talking about. I am an RN.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 28 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard