BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 249 1 2 3 248 249
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the Boys from the class of 2028

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened in Hershey with Madlax and Hawks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They play today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax beat Hawks 5-4. Both teams 4-0 going into the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually 6-4 Madlax

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat Cutters 5-4. Crazy to think of that a year ago, crabs must have improved big time.
Will be interesting to see if this cutters bunch stays together with the True change, 29s playing with 28s etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This division seems incredibly close with the following teams all winning some and losing some:
MadLax, USS, Hawks, Crabs, FCA

Any thoughts on where they head moving forward?
Madlax - (?) No first hand knowledge
USS - (down?) Seems like the move to True isn't going smoothly
Crabs - (up?) New coach next year? 35+/- at tryouts but no new standouts.
FCA - (?) No first hand knowledge
Hawks - (up?) Apparently 10+ other A team players going to tryouts. No idea how good they are.
Hoco - (?)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 is a fun age group and a shame that HoCo didn’t happen in the spring. Madlax is at the top and Next level is a very good team at this group but has not played a lot this summer. BLC is decent as well. HoCo pink and Green hornets both played the highest level of HoCo and had success there and in tournaments. The landscape is crowded with improved Crabs team and a Hawks team that also has picked up players. Transitions for True for USS and Mesa for GH appear to not be going well. Are HoCo pink, USS and GH kids leaving those programs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only know about true and Mesa but yes there are a bunch known to be trying out for the Hawks. I believe 2 (definitely at least 1) hoco player joined crabs but I don’t know if any others are moving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Mesa and Green Hornets are sep orgs why do they have tryouts at the same place and time? If Mesa is having GH pay and reserve fields for them that should be reported to Anne arundel county. We don't need to subsidize for-profit corps acting like rec programs!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If Mesa and Green Hornets are sep orgs why do they have tryouts at the same place and time? If Mesa is having GH pay and reserve fields for them that should be reported to Anne arundel county. We don't need to subsidize for-profit corps acting like rec programs!
How many forums are you going to post this on until you get an answer? No one cares as much as you do as long as the kids get to play! Get over it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many forums are you going to post this on until you get an answer? No one cares as much as you do as long as the kids get to play! Get over it!

Those fields are and resources are set aside for rec non-profit organizations first. That's not just using Severna Park resources, that's taking money from all the county tax payers. If that's what's happening that needs to stop immediately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those fields are and resources are set aside for rec non-profit organizations first. That's not just using Severna Park resources, that's taking money from all the county tax payers. If that's what's happening that needs to stop immediately.

Who are you to know the details of what arrangements any club has with a county unless you work for either. You want to know if they are, call the county! Better yet, make a fool of yourself and call your club director and ask your questions just like you do on here. Don’t go onto multiple Anonymous lacrosse forums and moan about it. Do you even have a kid who plays? Or are you just looking to complain about something because the pandemic has you going coo-coo. I can not say I have ever met anyone who cares how/why a club gets permission to use whatever field for whatever reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He sounds salty about the merger/acquisition. Have your kid tryout for a team other than Mesa/Green Hornets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no dog in this hunt, but I do know from experience that travel teams using rec field space can be a touchy subject. Field space for travel teams is in-demand and expensive; teams compete for quality space just like they do for good coaches and players. Rec teams are non-profits and work under a different set of rules. If a for-profit travel team is partnering with a rec program to use county fields under the rec permits, that could end badly for one or both of them.
Having said that, it is interesting that these two people (pro and con) are so emotional and adamant about the issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2028 won Summer Exposure. Cutters 2028 went 4-0 to earn the #1 seed but lost in bracket play to HoCo Pink 2028. Hawks 2028 didn't win a game (must have been missing some kids?). But it was a competitive, wide open tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no dog in this hunt, but I do know from experience that travel teams using rec field space can be a touchy subject. Field space for travel teams is in-demand and expensive; teams compete for quality space just like they do for good coaches and players. Rec teams are non-profits and work under a different set of rules. If a for-profit travel team is partnering with a rec program to use county fields under the rec permits, that could end badly for one or both of them.
Having said that, it is interesting that these two people (pro and con) are so emotional and adamant about the issue.
I don’t think the responder was emotional and adamant, more annoyed and poking fun, but maybe i read it differently, darn anonymous forum on the internet!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2028 won Summer Exposure. Cutters 2028 went 4-0 to earn the #1 seed but lost in bracket play to HoCo Pink 2028. Hawks 2028 didn't win a game (must have been missing some kids?). But it was a competitive, wide open tournament.
Hawks were missing 3 middies. They were up in most games but just ran out of gas as the games wore on. I think all their games were within 1 or 2. The division was very competitive. Crabs, FCA, Cutters, Hawks, Cavaliers and Hoco were all very comparable. Cutters went 4-0 but lost to crabs 2x the week before, Hawks beat FCA by 4 or 5 a week ago. These teams will make a fun division next year. As much as I would like to see my kid on a team that is head and shoulders above everyone else it doesn't make for interesting games and competition.

I can't imagine Hoco stays with the others, I see a lot of Hoco helmets on Crabs, FCA etc. Highly doubt (just from history) any kids are jumping the other way. Madlax is also in that group but they didn't play that last tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after all the hype there's no Mesa 28 team which was one of Severna Park's strongest select teams? Literally drove most of the strong players and coaches to Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why’d they leave?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why’d they leave?

Because the 28 Hawks are going to be really good this year. Added some Anne Arundel talent and some kids dropped down from that incredible 27 team (because they were already 28s playing up not holdbacks). Being good at this young age is not about bragging rights at all - it is about raising the level of practices and game play which impacts every player. They all get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. How many kids are they carrying?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe there will be two teams for hawks 28.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So after all the hype there's no Mesa 28 team which was one of Severna Park's strongest select teams? Literally drove most of the strong players and coaches to Hawks.

I believe one of the GH coaches is coaching the Hawks Black team. I don't have any inside knowledge and we all know how offers for 2nd teams work, but you could make a very good 2nd team from the players at tryouts depending on who accepts. The first team will be very tough to beat. They were already very competitive and got a lot better assuming everyone accepts offers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how USS/True tryouts went and what they are going to do with respect to A/B team shore/Annapolis? Their website has something about deciding which team would be their A and which would be there B after tryouts.

There's going to be some interesting juggling because I assume most of the best players are from the shore/USS at 28 but long term there are just more kids in Annapolis/Anne Arundel to build the team with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Cutters dissolve and move to True? That's too bad, they were a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on the fall HoCo and summer looks like Next Level and Madlax will be the top teams for now in this age group. With then FCA next and perhaps a reloaded Hawks team somewhere in there? Then Crabs and HoCo and maybe some others below that? Any teams missing from this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's possible that green hornets are outsourcing some coaching, skills training etc to Mesa. Mesa probably gets paid by the community lacrosse program, they use county fields, so less expensive overall but they get to put a club affiliation out there for marketing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True/USS should be good and then a pretty big drop off. Not sure about BLC for elite with recent struggles but they probably stay and Kelly Post might as well. Severna Park imploded with the Mesa debacle so their talent scattered. After that it is a guess with cannons, HLC and other teams that played a division down in spring 2019 which seems like a million years ago. What fall tournaments is everyone doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's possible that green hornets are outsourcing some coaching, skills training etc to Mesa. Mesa probably gets paid by the community lacrosse program, they use county fields, so less expensive overall but they get to put a club affiliation out there for marketing
Great model until they get caught.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 2028 is scary good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it helps to be 27s in a 28 bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo was good last spring, are they still around?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's awesome NL dad. Good luck in fall tournaments with your scary good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please see the 2022 or 2023 boards to get up to speed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please see the 2022 or 2023 boards to get up to speed
?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL! It's Fall lacrosse for 5th graders. We played Next Level and they are deep, but I wouldn't say dominant. When all the football kids return for Spring HOCO season, it will be a different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOCO Pink 2028 is still around but most of the team moved over to FCA Blue. The team is probably not a AA team anymore, but will be a very competitive and solid A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HOCO Pink 2028 is still around but most of the team moved over to FCA Blue. The team is probably not a AA team anymore, but will be a very competitive and solid A team.

Interesting. Is there a Looneys 2028 team? Haven’t seen them around at any of the tournaments? And USS is now True, but some of those players went to Hawks?

How does Crabs stack up against FCA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of now FCA > Crabs. FCA has some offensive firepower.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 249 1 2 3 248 249
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard