BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 267 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Crabs YoungGuns tournament happen?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 beats Crabs 9-3? Thats an impressive showing.

Hardly. Crabs missing many players and its not 8th grade where it matters and Crabs stock up.

Blc beat all of them

Looked liked a full Crabs sideline to me.

Realization is sinking in that there are only so many kids who can reclass (ones with talent, not just size) and the talent in Baltimore county has moved on to other programs because they were around at the lower age groups a few years before Crabs had younger teams. Just recycling the same players through different teams at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team talking about tryouts? Will there be any this year or is everyone running back the current teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team talking about tryouts? Will there be any this year or is everyone running back the current teams?

Most teams in AA county are having them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the 2026's looking in the area? There has been some scrimmages and games. Any assessments from Baltimore or Anne Arundel County?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the 2026's looking in the area? There has been some scrimmages and games. Any assessments from Baltimore or Anne Arundel County?

True.....๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿš€

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Howard County is where its at...Watch out for the Pink Flamingos !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Looneys lost to FCA the other day 5 or 6 to 1. I think Looneyโ€™s is scrimmaging 91 next week as well. I think most teams are still rusty from lack of playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the update Dave

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs crushed Bayriders today; this tram is going to be special.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too soon.......how did games 2 and 3 go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too soon.......how did games 2 and 3 go!

Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crushed? 7-4. Then the Roughriders brought you back to earth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crushed? 7-4. Then the Roughriders brought you back to earth
And then FCA finished you off. Crabs 1-2.

Next please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like train wreck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA was legit. Those boys hit their growth spurts early. Impressive defense. (Not an FCA parent)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA was legit. Those boys hit their growth spurts early. Impressive defense. (Not an FCA parent)

Hit their growth spurts of more than likely HOLDBACKS!! Yes I went there!! The one defenseman is at least 6 foot and runs like a cheetah and hits like a rhino. They have at least 3 midfielders that are close to 6 foot with the athleticism of freshman in HS. This team loaded with holdbacks; prove me wrong! Itโ€™s the CH blueprint!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like train wreck.

Very disappointed by the Crabs showing yesterday but I will say this team will continue to improve they just need to add a few more pieces on the offensive side of the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More like train wreck.

Very disappointed by the Crabs showing yesterday but I will say this team will continue to improve they just need to add a few more pieces on the offensive side of the ball.
Only yesterday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hit their growth spurts of more than likely HOLDBACKS!! Yes I went there!! The one defenseman is at least 6 foot and runs like a cheetah and hits like a rhino. They have at least 3 midfielders that are close to 6 foot with the athleticism of freshman in HS. This team loaded with holdbacks; prove me wrong! Itโ€™s the CH blueprint!!

Defense is definitely legit; #2 was a beast but the offense has much improved. Big middie canโ€™t remember his number was a force. Theyโ€™re not at the level of hawks or 91 or maybe BLC but theyโ€™re better.
Iโ€™ll take FCA over 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revised 2026 Elite Rankings - Md

Hawks - have they played anything yet this year?
BLC
FCA
Crabs
Looneys

Who else would be playing in the Elite Division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Defense is definitely legit; #2 was a beast but the offense has much improved. Big middie canโ€™t remember his number was a force. Theyโ€™re not at the level of hawks or 91 or maybe BLC but theyโ€™re better.
Iโ€™ll take FCA over 91.

No way! 91 has way too much talent overall and on attack for anyone but maybe the hawks that could compete with them. On another note the FO/Mid for crabs and the big attack kid are very good. Puberty is definitely kicking in early with some of these boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Iโ€™ll take FCA over 91.

No way! 91 has way too much talent overall and on attack for anyone but maybe the hawks that could compete with them. On another note the FO/Mid for crabs and the big attack kid are very good. Puberty is definitely kicking in early with some of these boys.

My original post I was unable to edit but I meant to say the tall kid runs like a cheetah and the other big kid hits like a rhino; thatโ€™s the #2 kid on FCA is a beast. Iโ€™ll stand by my original post and say at least 5-6 kids are holdbacks on this team; they are a completely different team then what we saw this time last year in the championship game. This is what is ruining youth lacrosse and needs to be addressed. This is what is pathetic about youth sports today!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC
FCA
Crabs
Looneys

I think Next Level was a team being considered but I know they went 0-4 yesterday. Not sure if the entire team was there or not but didnโ€™t look impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not enough data yet, but from what I saw in the fall, and scores I have heard in the first week of summer play, three of the teams mentioned are on very thin ice to be considered Elite. Those would be Crabs, Looneys, and NextLevel. There are some teams not mentioned, especially the one on which my son plays, that I think will show they deserve consideration once more summer lacrosse is played. We shall see. I just pray that all the games currently scheduled actually happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC
FCA
Crabs
Looneys

Has Madlax played any games this summer? Haven't heard a word about them?

Regardless, hard to get worked up about any game results. Kids haven't played much and, with vacations, teams are pulling kids from everywhere to field a full squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True pulls out of Summer Exposure. Someone is ducking Hawks

#booooooooo ontrue
#weduckmore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True pulls out of Summer Exposure. Someone is ducking Hawks

#booooooooo ontrue
#weduckmore
Or maybe it's covid related. Teams at every level have been dropping out last minute since summer season began. With everything else to worry about, its good to know the Hawks are still classy. Get a grip.

NOT COVID related

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to move on. As much as I agree with you, The holdbacks/prefirsts won. 7th and 8th grade are the worst when it comes to holdbacks/prefirst and frankly gives them the most advantage. Many are good players and with puberty kicking in earlier than others, turns some Holdbacks/prefirst(not all) into superstars. They come back to earth with puberty kicking in for others and of course the new reclassed 8th graders, but they are still good ( with more reps and being starters) and older and continue their advantage thru High School.

My advice..Reclass your child if you want to compete. Most private school kids are prefirst ( somehow they dont think that is a holdback?LOL) or heldback by now. Go for it, you will regret later not reclassing him if your child is a good player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not enough data yet, but from what I saw in the fall, and scores I have heard in the first week of summer play, three of the teams mentioned are on very thin ice to be considered Elite. Those would be Crabs, Looneys, and NextLevel. There are some teams not mentioned, especially the one on which my son plays, that I think will show they deserve consideration once more summer lacrosse is played. We shall see. I just pray that all the games currently scheduled actually happen.

I completely agree with this breakdown; there have been a handful of games from teams that have barely had anytime to gel. Looney's and crabs seem to be treading water as elite teams but these clubs are bound to bounce back with reclassification becoming more prevalent right before the HS years. I also agree there needs to be more discussion on this board outside the Elite category; there is good lacrosse being played at AAA and AA for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]True pulls out of Summer Exposure. Someone is ducking Hawks

#booooooooo ontrue
#weduckmore
Or maybe it's covid related. Teams at every level have been dropping out last minute since summer season began. With everything else to worry about, its good to know the Hawks are still classy. Get a grip.
Another year another team

Last edited by TM@BOTC; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I completely agree with this breakdown; there have been a handful of games from teams that have barely had anytime to gel. Looney's and crabs seem to be treading water as elite teams but these clubs are bound to bounce back with reclassification becoming more prevalent right before the HS years. I also agree there needs to be more discussion on this board outside the Elite category; there is good lacrosse being played at AAA and AA for sure.

There has been plenty of discussion today about a AA team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True has some good players and some enthusiastic parents, but is not an Elite team by any stretch. But MadLax is the more interesting omission from the projected list of Elite teams that somebody posted recently. They did not play Hershey this weekend, but the ML 2027 and 2028 teams both were there. And I assume that MadLax 2026 is playing its own tournament in Poolesville this coming weekend, but it is not yet on Tourney app, so it is unclear whether there will be good competition.

Does anybody know how that team is looking, or when we will find out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC
FCA
Crabs
Looneys

Has Madlax played any games this summer? Haven't heard a word about them?

Regardless, hard to get worked up about any game results. Kids haven't played much and, with vacations, teams are pulling kids from everywhere to field a full squad.

Great question; I have heard nothing about MADLAX this entire summer. Many clubs are obviously struggling with COVID and what they should be doping moving forward. At this point we shoudl feel forunate the kids are playing and hopefully having some fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to move on. As much as I agree with you, The holdbacks/prefirsts won. 7th and 8th grade are the worst when it comes to holdbacks/prefirst and frankly gives them the most advantage. Many are good players and with puberty kicking in earlier than others, turns some Holdbacks/prefirst(not all) into superstars. They come back to earth with puberty kicking in for others and of course the new reclassed 8th graders, but they are still good ( with more reps and being starters) and older and continue their advantage thru High School.

My advice..Reclass your child if you want to compete. Most private school kids are prefirst ( somehow they dont think that is a holdback?LOL) or heldback by now. Go for it, you will regret later not reclassing him if your child is a good player.

I kind of like the 'work harder' mentality over the reclass and make things easier one but hey that's just me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly. Crabs missing many players and its not 8th grade where it matters and Crabs stock up.

I am assuming those same kids were out still on Saturday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am assuming those same kids were out still on Saturday?
It will be their excuse all summer. Kind of like 91โ€™s excuse of it being too windy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs should move out of elite and let another team in.
Performance should equal level of play.
Time to move on and find another competitive club.
Move Roughriders or Bay Raiders up.
Those teams are well coached and play classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I concur. Both of those teams play top level in summer tourneys. Let them play with the big boys in the Spring too. They can handle it. They may need to add some holdbacks to their rosters to win, but both teams are worthy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I concur. Both of those teams play top level in summer tourneys. Let them play with the big boys in the Spring too. They can handle it. They may need to add some holdbacks to their rosters to win, but both teams are worthy.

I would agree as well. Both of these teams competed against what is being considered elite teams in Crabs and FCA and played them both well. Looney's, Crabs and Next Level should be playing AAA; Roughriders and Bay Raiders would give better competition to the elite level teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 267 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard