Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
LI Jester Girls United Tryouts just posted!!! | Shore2Shore Girls Lacrosse - Free Clinic & Evaluation today & tomorrow!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 08:36 PM
Boys 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 08:30 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 06:33 PM
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 06:18 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 05:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,081
Posts269,245
Members2,199
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 404 of 412 1 2 402 403 404 405 406 411 412
Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #303815 07/10/20 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Some great HS girl's games being played in Baltimore today. Nice to see the girls playing and the younger girls getting the chance to get some current film to send coaches.

It was nice to see.

I was a little disappointed to see, at least what the live stream showed of the spectators during halftime of the final, no masks in the crowd. Small crowd, but definitely not keeping their distance from friends and parents they haven't seen in a while.
i was there and people were very spaced out. Also it was in the 90's and very humid which makes wearing a mask very uncomfortable.....PLUS IT WAS OUTSIDE AND MASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED!

Who won the girls public and private divisions? What non-MD schools went?[/quote

there was only a girls private school division. McD won it 5-4 over SPSG

I know we're being all inclusive these days but it's still OK to detest McDonogh, right?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #303826 07/10/20 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask Florida, Texas, California, South Carolina, Georgia and Arizona if Covid is a hoax. Funny how they are all now requiring masks. Over 80% of their hospital beds are filled. Some states are at max occupancy. But it’s the flu. Don’t remember the flu packing out hospitals since 1918. Keep following your Orange Messiah off a cliff.

80% of the beds are filled but only 25-30% are filled with Covid patients. Funny that's not reported. Stop with elective surgeries again if it's becoming an issue.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303837 07/10/20 07:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some great HS girl's games being played in Baltimore today. Nice to see the girls playing and the younger girls getting the chance to get some current film to send coaches.

It was nice to see.

I was a little disappointed to see, at least what the live stream showed of the spectators during halftime of the final, no masks in the crowd. Small crowd, but definitely not keeping their distance from friends and parents they haven't seen in a while.
i was there and people were very spaced out. Also it was in the 90's and very humid which makes wearing a mask very uncomfortable.....PLUS IT WAS OUTSIDE AND MASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED!

Who won the girls public and private divisions? What non-MD schools went?[/quote

there was only a girls private school division. McD won it 5-4 over SPSG

I know we're being all inclusive these days but it's still OK to detest McDonogh, right?

Games we’re crappy. Was not reflective of how the IAAM season would of played out . Good for the girls to get out and play but in the end was some BS money grab for Corrigan to pay his mortgage for the month.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #303845 07/11/20 06:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tourney was this in MD where these teams played?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303982 07/13/20 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am wondering about WPLL summit virtual tryouts. Did anyone pay for the virtual tryout? Seems they took money for a virtual tryout, then claimed you didn't make the team, but then didn't actually make a team in the age group (2021)!!! It seems that they didn't have enough girls for every age group and rather than return the money, they told people they didn't make it. Talk about a MONEY GRAB!! So glad I didn't buy in!!! I have heard this from two people. Any one else?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #303992 07/13/20 10:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WPLL is posting the teams on Instagram in the coming days so you will see there if age group had a team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303993 07/13/20 11:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Despite all the happy talk by the organizers...the "WPLL Futures" has been revealed to be just another way to make some $s. I dont mind "money grabs" - this entire club experience is about $/college and i'm happy to sign up for it given the upside.
But seeing USL/WPLL lean-in to it is something else...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304043 07/14/20 03:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a pretty sad list from our region. Not at all competitive.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304055 07/14/20 05:08 PM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

It was just an online "application"

Like Reply Quote
cltlax #304061 07/14/20 06:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

It was just an online "application"

Is there a a class for each grade? If not they should refund.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #304062 07/14/20 06:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah doesn’t look like it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304079 07/14/20 10:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah doesn’t look like it.
There is definitely not a team for each grade. Wow! WPLL taking money from people during covid-19 and then lying. Telling people they didn't make a team that doesn't even exits is just wrong!! Is this the leadership they teach at the summit?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #304113 07/15/20 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts about the UAAA tryouts?
This years format unfortunately had no drills segment so you had three different twenty minute games. If your daughters team had a good offense and she was D she probably never broke a sweat, vise-versa. Boo on that format.
Some coaches were better at keeping the teams rotating than others.
I know everyone like to say that the teams are mostly predetermined but a few girls that went to callback were result of back-scratching. And a MCD varsity girl who performed well did not make callback!
I do like to see good lacrosse played so I’m happy for the girls that got through. Although putting yourself down as attack or defense to stick out from the crowded midfield group is suspect and noted amongst the crowd.

No tshirts this year - just bc we’re in Covid doesn’t mean they can’t find something besides a pinnie to give these kids. CHEAP!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #304120 07/15/20 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gee thanks...my daughter made the LI list..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #304124 07/15/20 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts about the UAAA tryouts?
This years format unfortunately had no drills segment so you had three different twenty minute games. If your daughters team had a good offense and she was D she probably never broke a sweat, vise-versa. Boo on that format.
Some coaches were better at keeping the teams rotating than others.
I know everyone like to say that the teams are mostly predetermined but a few girls that went to callback were result of back-scratching. And a MCD varsity girl who performed well did not make callback!
I do like to see good lacrosse played so I’m happy for the girls that got through. Although putting yourself down as attack or defense to stick out from the crowded midfield group is suspect and noted amongst the crowd.

No tshirts this year - just bc we’re in Covid doesn’t mean they can’t find something besides a pinnie to give these kids. CHEAP!

The format has always been terrible and the team you are placed on can make a huge difference especially if you get a few terrible ballhogs or overmatched kids . Not sure its your business what other kids put down as a position and the fact that you and your yenta friends care is ridiculous. My two daughters were middies on both their travel and high school teams out of necessity but were typical kids and enjoyed the "glory" of playing attack so would do so for UA and schoolgirls ,had nothing to do with trying to "stick out". That said I have no problem with a kid trying out for a position they have better chances of making.

Like Reply Quote
Page 404 of 412 1 2 402 403 404 405 406 411 412
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard