Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
LI Jester Girls United Tryouts just posted!!! | Shore2Shore Girls Lacrosse - Free Clinic & Evaluation today & tomorrow!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 08:36 PM
Boys 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 08:30 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 06:33 PM
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 06:18 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/12/20 05:59 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,081
Posts269,245
Members2,199
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #303620 07/06/20 10:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, someone has obviously drank the Maryland United koolaid. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts 3 years from now when you are approaching actual recruiting and you are just 1 of many and not really getting any true assistance. I’ve had two daughters go through it already and I can assure you that MDU will not have your daughter’s best interests in mind. That is why our youngest is with another club. And our older girls were always on East and were starters. It’s easy to get lost in the crowd and their club priorities (vs what’s best for the student athlete). I’m sure you think your daughter is special and different but I can assure you she isn’t.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is baffling to me that the head of a club and their employee would start this whole airing of LBC laundry and then try to end it with this long bashing of a family who only bent over backwards to helped them. The coach they are referring to yelled all the time, always cancelled practices, and had a rec coach mentality that everyone got to play and the team stopped winning tournaments. When parents voiced their concerns they were told by this head that they could go elsewhere if they wanted to and they did. It looks like karma is coming back to who?

Our daughter did not have the same feeling about this team. We had lost 3 key players to other organizations prior to last year. That had much to do with our success. Yes, the coach was boisterous, but never negative. There were a few parents that were extremely vocal, but were considered way too dramatic from our perspective. We left LBC FOR 1 simple fact, exposure for our daughter. LBC claims to play in the most competitive tournaments, however the reality is the opposite. MDU plays in the best tournaments and get much better exposure. No need to disparage anyone, even the directors as this is out of their control.

Good luck to everyone during the recruiting process regardless of organization affiliation.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #303638 07/07/20 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Wow, someone has obviously drank the Maryland United koolaid. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts 3 years from now when you are approaching actual recruiting and you are just 1 of many and not really getting any true assistance. I’ve had two daughters go through it already and I can assure you that MDU will not have your daughter’s best interests in mind. That is why our youngest is with another club. And our older girls were always on East and were starters. It’s easy to get lost in the crowd and their club priorities (vs what’s best for the student athlete). I’m sure you think your daughter is special and different but I can assure you she isn’t.

Having multiple kids in multiple boys and girls lax clubs, they all have pros and cons. Find one that keeps your kid engaged and happy. If they are not, they will quit soph/junior year and detest lax. If not sooner.

MDU is as solid as they come. The Dir is engaged, communicates very well and the girls love her. There are draw clinics by former players and older girls currently at MDU and people know they have solid goalie attention at every practice. MDU has its cons too. Do you see MDU going to the Mid-atlantic championships? This has been a gripe for awhile for some MDU families. No one or club is perfect for every family.

Let me know any club that has 8-9 age brackets with two teams each, and can give individual lessons to every kid. YOU have to schedule these with outside coaches in addition to the normal practices, and that is every club. Not sure what people expect with clubs having over 300 kids. Oh wait, these are comments from families that haven't gone through the actual full recruiting process. Enjoy!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303644 07/07/20 11:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There must be some truth to her abilities since you’ve been watching “her” 2-3 years and even remember her for that fact. It’s scary that you are stalking a 13 year old and her family and know the exact day she visited an MDU practice and what her actions were at that practice. Haters are always going to detest. CREEPY .......

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303687 07/08/20 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
+1

Find one that keeps your kid engaged and happy. If they are not, they will quit soph/junior year and detest lax. If not sooner.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303719 07/09/20 12:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for you Dan! I bet no one calls to hear the real reason.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #303775 07/09/20 10:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for you Dan! I bet no one calls to hear the real reason.

Amen, it’s due to being “whiny parents” that tried to dictate your children’s situations on their teams. That is what is really CRREPY!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303789 07/10/20 09:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been brought to my attention that my 13 year old daughter is getting discussed and false assumptions/rumors are being discussed on this forum. I am her father and if someone has something to say in regards to her please bring it directly to my attention and we can discuss it like adults. To have adults sitting on a forum talking about a 13 year old is complete ignorance and I would welcome the opportunity to have a discussion with those individuals. I am not going to get into the reason why my daughter left LBC last summer, but I can tell you it was not for basketball nor any other sport. I would assume if people who are sitting on this forum talking about my daughter knew the real reason why we left and the lack of support we received from LBC when the issue occurred, it wouldn’t be up for debate.

Dan R
Sorry you have to deal with reading about your daughter on this forum. My daughter was attacked on this site when she switched teams, by her former team’s parents. She saw the posts, because these girls do read these forums. I sat back and watched the comments of cowards fuel her fire. Good luck to your daughter this summer. I hope she shuts everyone up.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303793 07/10/20 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #303836 07/10/20 06:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were multiple teams signed up for the Impulse Lax Fest that have dropped out, pretty short notice. Can any of those families provide a reason why?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303844 07/11/20 12:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly being exposed to someone who just tested positive with COVID-19

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #303868 07/11/20 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the games today?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303871 07/11/20 10:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the games today?
Hot and humid. Some fields soggy and wet and some fields nice and dry. MD Blk looked to be in regular season form dominating all teams. At least until Championship games come up against Heros green. (Oops!)

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #303905 07/12/20 06:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on at a Skywalkers? How does the blue team lose to MND Red. What issues are brewing behind the scenes? Will we see skywalkers players at other tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303914 07/12/20 09:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on at a Skywalkers? How does the blue team lose to MND Red. What issues are brewing behind the scenes? Will we see skywalkers players at other tryouts?
Get. A. Life.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303938 07/13/20 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer to that is NO. They'll stay where they are

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 24 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard