BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 152 of 214 1 2 150 151 152 153 154 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ask Florida, Texas, California, South Carolina, Georgia and Arizona if Covid is a hoax. Funny how they are all now requiring masks. Over 80% of their hospital beds are filled. Some states are at max occupancy. But it’s the flu. Don’t remember the flu packing out hospitals since 1918. Keep following your Orange Messiah off a cliff.
Stop watching CNN and MSNBC and go out side in the sunshine and fresh air.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical response, the facts won’t disappear because you hide your head in a pillow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some great HS girl's games being played in Baltimore today. Nice to see the girls playing and the younger girls getting the chance to get some current film to send coaches.

It was nice to see.

I was a little disappointed to see, at least what the live stream showed of the spectators during halftime of the final, no masks in the crowd. Small crowd, but definitely not keeping their distance from friends and parents they haven't seen in a while.
i was there and people were very spaced out. Also it was in the 90's and very humid which makes wearing a mask very uncomfortable.....PLUS IT WAS OUTSIDE AND MASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED!

No masks required *when social distancing can be maintained. If everyone was spaced out at your games great! For what I saw on the livestream, during halftime of the final, spectators "spread out" wasn't that obvious. Roll the tape, and you'll see what I saw.

Probably not worth it, but for future events, it's not "no masks required". It's no masks IF you keep your distance from others, including the friends, other parents, other kids who aren't yours. etc.

Geez. Enough with the mask nonsense. What are you the mask police. You mom should have taught you to mind your own business.
i do not have to roll the tape...I WAS THERE! go back to hiding under your bed until there is a vaccine and let the rest of us live our lives.

I'm not hiding under a bed. I'm a physician who works in a hospital every day. You CAN live your life. Low risk scenarios like watching sports outside are exactly that: LOW risk. That doesn't mean NO risk. COVID 19 ain't over yet. Be careful out there![/quote
covid 19 was over hyped and over done...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great HS girl's games being played in Baltimore today. Nice to see the girls playing and the younger girls getting the chance to get some current film to send coaches.

It was nice to see.

I was a little disappointed to see, at least what the live stream showed of the spectators during halftime of the final, no masks in the crowd. Small crowd, but definitely not keeping their distance from friends and parents they haven't seen in a while.
i was there and people were very spaced out. Also it was in the 90's and very humid which makes wearing a mask very uncomfortable.....PLUS IT WAS OUTSIDE AND MASKS ARE NOT REQUIRED!

Who won the girls public and private divisions? What non-MD schools went?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some great HS girl's games being played in Baltimore today. Nice to see the girls playing and the younger girls getting the chance to get some current film to send coaches.

It was nice to see.

Who won the girls public and private divisions? What non-MD schools went?[/quote

there was only a girls private school division. McD won it 5-4 over SPSG

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was nice to see.

Who won the girls public and private divisions? What non-MD schools went?[/quote

I know we're being all inclusive these days but it's still OK to detest McDonogh, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask Florida, Texas, California, South Carolina, Georgia and Arizona if Covid is a hoax. Funny how they are all now requiring masks. Over 80% of their hospital beds are filled. Some states are at max occupancy. But it’s the flu. Don’t remember the flu packing out hospitals since 1918. Keep following your Orange Messiah off a cliff.

80% of the beds are filled but only 25-30% are filled with Covid patients. Funny that's not reported. Stop with elective surgeries again if it's becoming an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was nice to see.

I know we're being all inclusive these days but it's still OK to detest McDonogh, right?

Games we’re crappy. Was not reflective of how the IAAM season would of played out . Good for the girls to get out and play but in the end was some BS money grab for Corrigan to pay his mortgage for the month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tourney was this in MD where these teams played?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am wondering about WPLL summit virtual tryouts. Did anyone pay for the virtual tryout? Seems they took money for a virtual tryout, then claimed you didn't make the team, but then didn't actually make a team in the age group (2021)!!! It seems that they didn't have enough girls for every age group and rather than return the money, they told people they didn't make it. Talk about a MONEY GRAB!! So glad I didn't buy in!!! I have heard this from two people. Any one else?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WPLL is posting the teams on Instagram in the coming days so you will see there if age group had a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Despite all the happy talk by the organizers...the "WPLL Futures" has been revealed to be just another way to make some $s. I dont mind "money grabs" - this entire club experience is about $/college and i'm happy to sign up for it given the upside.
But seeing USL/WPLL lean-in to it is something else...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a pretty sad list from our region. Not at all competitive.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

It was just an online "application"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

It was just an online "application"

Is there a a class for each grade? If not they should refund.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah doesn’t look like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah doesn’t look like it.
There is definitely not a team for each grade. Wow! WPLL taking money from people during covid-19 and then lying. Telling people they didn't make a team that doesn't even exits is just wrong!! Is this the leadership they teach at the summit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts about the UAAA tryouts?
This years format unfortunately had no drills segment so you had three different twenty minute games. If your daughters team had a good offense and she was D she probably never broke a sweat, vise-versa. Boo on that format.
Some coaches were better at keeping the teams rotating than others.
I know everyone like to say that the teams are mostly predetermined but a few girls that went to callback were result of back-scratching. And a MCD varsity girl who performed well did not make callback!
I do like to see good lacrosse played so I’m happy for the girls that got through. Although putting yourself down as attack or defense to stick out from the crowded midfield group is suspect and noted amongst the crowd.

No tshirts this year - just bc we’re in Covid doesn’t mean they can’t find something besides a pinnie to give these kids. CHEAP!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gee thanks...my daughter made the LI list..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This years format unfortunately had no drills segment so you had three different twenty minute games. If your daughters team had a good offense and she was D she probably never broke a sweat, vise-versa. Boo on that format.
I know everyone like to say that the teams are mostly predetermined but a few girls that went to callback were result of back-scratching. And a MCD varsity girl who performed well did not make callback!
I do like to see good lacrosse played so I’m happy for the girls that got through. Although putting yourself down as attack or defense to stick out from the crowded midfield group is suspect and noted amongst the crowd.

No tshirts this year - just bc we’re in Covid doesn’t mean they can’t find something besides a pinnie to give these kids. CHEAP!

The format has always been terrible and the team you are placed on can make a huge difference especially if you get a few terrible ballhogs or overmatched kids . Not sure its your business what other kids put down as a position and the fact that you and your yenta friends care is ridiculous. My two daughters were middies on both their travel and high school teams out of necessity but were typical kids and enjoyed the "glory" of playing attack so would do so for UA and schoolgirls ,had nothing to do with trying to "stick out". That said I have no problem with a kid trying out for a position they have better chances of making.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gee thanks...my daughter made the LI list..

Where is the list? I see 1 2021 and a bunch of 2022s. Is there a team for each grade listed somewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? You're upset because girls tried out for positions they thought they could make? Let me guess you're the parent of the McD girl that did not make callback?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams were posted on twitter/Instagram by player and grad year..the broke it out by home state. But the age group team is all the girls listed as 2021, 2022 etc.. regardless of state

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? You're upset because girls tried out for positions they thought they could make? Let me guess you're the parent of the McD girl that did not make callback?
Politics again this year in the MD tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should know by now UA is about who you know or who you can pay off. So don’t cry about now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does UA matter anymore at all?
Gave too much money to Giselle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should know by now UA is about who you know or who you can pay off. So don’t cry about now.
its more about who the coaches the teams, then look at the girls selected, top heavy with either high school player or club players of the coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams were posted on twitter/Instagram by player and grad year..the broke it out by home state. But the age group team is all the girls listed as 2021, 2022 etc.. regardless of state

Exactly- there is no 2021 team from LI. There was supposed to be 1 team per age group. So again, if WPLL is saying you didn't make a team, but the team doesn't exist, that is total misrepresentation and a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly- there is no 2021 team from LI. There was supposed to be 1 team per age group. So again, if WPLL is saying you didn't make a team, but the team doesn't exist, that is total misrepresentation and a money grab.

Seriously, sending girls emails that they didn't make the cut for a team that doesn't exist is so wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry. Can’t speak for your region but the Northeast/NE lists were not representative of the top players at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing for McD varsity doesn't automatically qualify you for anything. The girl I assume you are referring to has hardly played the last two years. The 2 2022 McD players that made the team are much bigger parts of the McD team than the 2021 player that didn't. Also, the 2021 girl you are referring to has never made a UA team while the 2 2022s have now made it for the second year in a row. Almost all the girls that made the team have been on a UA team previously. For 7 of them it is their 3rd straight year on the team. In terms of the structure of the tryout, every girl played in the same structure. Is it a perfect system of course not. There's no way it can be. And yes, girls that have made the team before and are known by the coaches have a better chance. But every year like clockwork people run here to complain. Everyone complained last year. Both Baltimore teams won the championship last year so maybe the evaluators know what they're looking at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry. Can’t speak for your region but the Northeast/NE lists were not representative of the top players at all.
The same holds true with Baltimore list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some prople are using Covid to get their daughters on any kind of list.....very sad and transparant!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But did the "top" girls complete their applications and send video as required? if not then you cant blame those that did and made the list..

Some people are using Covid to get their daughters on any kind of list.....very sad and transparent!

Right, its sad trying to make the best of a bad situation... this is the a recruiting year time to step up and be proactive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they didn’t send in apps? I’d have to assume they didn’t based on the list. But I think that kind of proves the point that it wasn’t a very competitive process.

But hey how could you know? It could’ve been. Depends on who applied. I’m not knocking anyone for trying it. You gotta do whatever you can in this environment. I’m just saying there’s girls on the list that I know who aren’t even on the top teams and are from clubs that aren’t very competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they didn’t send in apps? I’d have to assume they didn’t based on the list. But I think that kind of proves the point that it wasn’t a very competitive process.

But hey how could you know? It could’ve been. Depends on who applied. I’m not knocking anyone for trying it. You gotta do whatever you can in this environment. I’m just saying there’s girls on the list that I know who aren’t even on the top teams and are from clubs that aren’t very competitive.

isn't it like that for all lists....I mean really in some of these "top" whatever lists there are girls that aren't even playing for top teams? Its random

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is to a certain event. There’s always a random or two or whatever that are in. But from what I saw of the list for the area I know it went beyond that. All I’m saying is I saw the list and I thought I guess most people didn’t apply. It just didn’t reflect the top players in the region. Maybe your region is different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are UA underclass with UA150? UA underclass does not have applications. You try out. You apply for UA150

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New York State just cancelled all Fall Sports!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New York State just cancelled all Fall Sports!!!
Delayed to 9/21 not cxld.

Like Reply Quote
Page 152 of 214 1 2 150 151 152 153 154 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard