BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 28 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All clubs should folllow that lead and call it a season, regroup in 2021...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Recon Giving back $500 towards next year they said.
Umm,, that’s not giving back. That’s giving a store credit.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Recon Giving back $500 towards next year they said.
Umm,, that’s not giving back. That’s giving a store credit.

At least they made the effort, not like the rest of them. Some are holding paid tryouts and some are starting their monthly installments very soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If cxld? Its already over people. Ur getting milked. Cut your.losses and move on. Ivy league JUST CXLD ALL FALL SPORTS. BUT THERE IS GONNA BE A 13 YR OLD.LAX TOURNEY? NOT!!! MOVE ON WITHOUT YOUR REFUND . THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG....ARE YOU FOOLS LISTENING?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If cxld? Its already over people. Ur getting milked. Cut your.losses and move on. Ivy league JUST CXLD ALL FALL SPORTS. BUT THERE IS GONNA BE A 13 YR OLD.LAX TOURNEY? NOT!!! MOVE ON WITHOUT YOUR REFUND . THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG....ARE YOU FOOLS LISTENING?

Over? Did you say over?
NOTHING IS OVER UNTIL WE DECIDE IT IS OVER!
WAS IT OVER WHEN THE GERMANS BOMBED PEARL HARBOR?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are tournaments happening right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deleware just added to NY/NJ/CT quarantine list. Anyone want to go to NLF or NALF and stay 2 extra weeks. Summer tourney season is pretty much officially over.

It will happen and many teams from NY, NJ, Conn will be there. Just Relax. Until there is a vaccine , you will be in your cave hiding ( your right) . I intend to use common sense and try to go about my life which includes watching my son's lacrosse.

And because of you - yes you - the below cut and pasted URL is happening and will continue to happen at monumental levels. I am not saying every kid plays lax to play in college but its nice that its an option. This is shortsighted thinking by these moronic directors and foolish parents. If many colleges cancel sports including lacrosse (to date its only Furman) then they wont be able to charge 3500 per kid bc kids wont play if there is no endgame. The reason the majority of kids play travel lax in 9th-12th grade is to play somewhere in college from DI to DIII. If we had a handle on this pandemic and socially distanced and stayed local in our communities and stopped the spread, colleges would open and sports could be played. I don't understand how 6 weeks of travel lax - AMONG A LITANY OF OTHER THINGS (beaches, bars, etc . . ) is worth it. Clearly its just me.

Cincinnati, Stanford, and 17 other Division I schools are permanently eliminating dozens of sports programs in an unexpected loss from the pandemic
https://www.insider.com/college-sports-programs-cut-due-to-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expect a spike in cases among young athletes by next week because of all the sports opening back up. Then everything will get turned back to phase one and death rates will spike. Just call it a day already...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone going to a lacrosse tournament in the next few days is a stunad. And so are the organizers. Look what happened in the rest of the country. The "opened up" and it backfired big time and now they're in major trouble. And they're bringing the rest of the country down with them. Many of best colleges not opening in fall, colleges cutting sports, etc. Everyone should have just been a little more patient until we got this thing under control. NYers don't be notIntelligent like the rest of the country. It's friggin youth lacrosse. Just relax this summer, work (if you still have a job), and spend time with your family at the beach.

Lacrosse parents aren't the smartest people walking the face of the earth. I get people under a specific age can weather the COVID storm, but the liberals are not concerned about that. They are only concerned about the numbers. Why do you think the Governor is putting off making a decision on the schools until early August. Wait until September when you are stuck home with your ADHD, spoiled brat children. Only blame yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youth sports just don’t make sense right now with what’s happening all over the country and just a state away from where we are on LI. The spread will not slow if we don’t change our habits and socializing is a big issue with tournaments. Look at the professional and college sports being put on hold. Its all being done to mitigate the spread and practice important safety measures.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, and this is for all the Pro-Lax, Lax-is-life'rs: Why are you so hellbent on having tournaments in lieu of what is occurring right now? What is the actual upside?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is Hilarious how the nay sayers are so concerned about some poorly attended lacrosse tournaments where most people are usually separated by some distance, We just had many weeks with thousands upon thousands of people running amok around all cities without a peep out of many of these same naysayers. Now all of the sudden a few lacrosse tournaments with HS and below children will be the end of civilization as virus will over run us all. LOL

The kids need to get out and have some fun at a sport many love.. Parents can practice common sense at tournaments and after.

Thank God the naysayers were not the first pioneers in this country, We would still be in England moaning about harsh conditions in America while sipping tea and eating crumpets .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, and this is for all the Pro-Lax, Lax-is-life'rs: Why are you so hellbent on having tournaments in lieu of what is occurring right now? What is the actual upside?

Get out of house . Many of us dont think it is bad as you do. Without a vaccine nothing will be different than it is today for years to come. When is vaccine coming?? Next year at earliest, if even then. At risk people and especially old people will need to avoid non risk people as best they can and we should be aware of them too. Common sense.

I dont intend to live my life holed up in my house wearing a mask and gloves until a vaccine is discovered or some cure. Or avoid anything that isnt perfect to avoid virus.

If you are young or not at risk, go about life with common sense for next few years. Large Public events ( lacrosse sure isnt ) Football, BB, etc etc will need to be addressed with common sense and handled different along with some others but outdoor lacrosse tournaments are easily handled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs that charging for tryouts in August how creedy can you bee. How about some kind of refund ? Legacy $100 what about the the season since March i paid for ? Express taking out that last payment and nothing going on . Turtles has a price already set for 2020-2021 and its As much or more than last year and want decision if you’re coming back July 15 and first payment is due September 1 not getting equipment just the helmet from last year. People really really think about committing before there is a good plan in place . Whats 91 , igloo , S2S , empire , rush , rebels story ??? Expose these clubs .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you come on every day and post your slanted narrative?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be honest, it is a difficult situation. While I agree that these things must be approached with caution, I did experience the impact that cancelled school and spring season had mentally on my son. Once practices started, his disposition was noticeably different. I know that the virus is real, but the mental toll on these kids could be much worse in the long run. I am not advocating either way, just trying to shed some light on why parents might want to seek out a bit of normalcy for their kids. Frankly, I think that small local play days would be the best option, but hard to convince clubs to simply play their rivals from down the road.

Kids feed off their parents. Show your kid how to fill the void with something else constructive which is beneficial and joyful. Life lessons; don't run, capitalize off of them...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guy above nailed it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be honest, it is a difficult situation. While I agree that these things must be approached with caution, I did experience the impact that cancelled school and spring season had mentally on my son. Once practices started, his disposition was noticeably different. I know that the virus is real, but the mental toll on these kids could be much worse in the long run. I am not advocating either way, just trying to shed some light on why parents might want to seek out a bit of normalcy for their kids. Frankly, I think that small local play days would be the best option, but hard to convince clubs to simply play their rivals from down the road.

Kids feed of their parents. Show your kid how to fill the void with something else constructive which is beneficial and joyful. Life lessons don't run, capitalize off of them...

I don't necessarily disagree, but as kids get older, they start to form their own views on life, and it is hard to change those views. The irony is that we want our kids to grow up and start to make their own decisions based upon the (hopefully positive) influences that we have provided. Bottom line, while some people see this as an easy decision (either way), there are those of us that are very conflicted over the situation. Again, not trying to suggest that either choice is right or wrong, and definitely not looking for any life advice from some anonymous person on this forum, just trying to answer the question as to what is the "actual upside", as asked by the original poster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Professional sport organizations with tons of money and “living in a bubble” can’t make it happen in a responsible manner with their players getting infected and ultimately some of them not playing the season. If people really want their kids in school with a chance to play sports then why are there any tournaments at this point? So irresponsible, the same people that are complaining about not being able to play this summer will be the same ones complaining this fall when school starts (if it does) and there are no sports. So short sighted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not an easy decision to make, it’s about the safety of our society as a whole and putting life as we knew it on hold for a bit longer. There’s no fun in disrupting our daily lives but this too shall pass. If we regroup next year when we know more about the virus we as whole we will be better for it. Put the money aside just give us a clear direction that follows safety and health protocols.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not everyone thinks unselfishly . Thats the reason this thing is spreading . I guess world needs herd ammunity....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Professional sport organizations with tons of money and “living in a bubble” can’t make it happen in a responsible manner with their players getting infected and ultimately some of them not playing the season. If people really want their kids in school with a chance to play sports then why are there any tournaments at this point? So irresponsible, the same people that are complaining about not being able to play this summer will be the same ones complaining this fall when school starts (if it does) and there are no sports. So short sighted.

Totally agree. Is there an upside having lacrosse tournaments at this point in time? My main concern, centers around schools reopening on time. If we haven't played any meaningful lacrosse at this point, which includes school ball, what is the sense of starting now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
putting life as we knew it on hold for a bit longer.

Two weeks....

Two months...

Two years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. Is there an upside having lacrosse tournaments at this point in time? My main concern, centers around schools reopening on time. If we haven't played any meaningful lacrosse at this point, which includes school ball, what is the sense of starting now.

Schools will not be 'as usual this fsll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
putting life as we knew it on hold for a bit longer.

Two weeks....

Two months...

Two years?

That is the point many seem to not get. A vaccine is at least a year away at the minimum, it may even be longer if ever. Some viruses still have no vaccine.

For the whole country to live like a hermit until then is sad in so many ways. At risk people need to be protected , the rest of us , need to accept some risk and go about life. If you dont feel comfortable, stay home for a year or two, I am not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hermit? No. You can still do things. Just not gather 1000 screaming crazy parents that think their 12 yr old is Paul Rabil, under a tent that holds germs no less, in the middle of some run down field for 8 hrs. And across state lines in some case .... Thats a great way to contain spreading of the virus...NOT . What this virus has shown is that many people lack the ability to entertain or interact with their kids for whatever reason. Maybe a red solo cup is more important. I dont know as fortunately I do not fall into that category of "I need to keep my kid busy and lax is the only source of doing that".

So true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why 2021? Do you know there will be a vaccine?
What about 2022?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hermit? No. You can still do things. Just not gather 1000 screaming crazy parents that think their 12 yr old is Paul Rabil, under a tent that holds germs no less, in the middle of some run down field for 8 hrs. And across state lines in some case .... Thats a great way to contain spreading of the virus...NOT . What this virus has shown is that many people lack the ability to entertain or interact with their kids for whatever reason. Maybe a red solo cup is more important. I dont know as fortunately I do not fall into that category of "I need to keep my kid busy and lax is the only source of doing that".

You're a far left right wing antifa write your own narrative and think you're better than everyone else person..... aren't you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
gather 1000 screaming crazy parents ... under a tent that holds germs no less.

I you sure those were lacrosse tournaments you were attending?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spitting facts, not venom. Not to be able to recognize that lends credibility to the statement above. Noone is stopping you from playing beer-pong. I hope you win. And I hope you remain safe. And I hope your Paul Rabil scores 1000 goals and gets the brightest tee shirt! And for the guy that asked about 2021...this is something that is day by day. You have to take it 1 day at a time. Be safe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hermit? No. You can still do things. Just not gather 1000 screaming crazy parents that think their 12 yr old is Paul Rabil, under a tent that holds germs no less, in the middle of some run down field for 8 hrs. And across state lines in some case .... Thats a great way to contain spreading of the virus...NOT . What this virus has shown is that many people lack the ability to entertain or interact with their kids for whatever reason. Maybe a red solo cup is more important. I dont know as fortunately I do not fall into that category of "I need to keep my kid busy and lax is the only source of doing that".

So true.

What lacrosse tournament you attending.with a thousand screaming parents ?? Sounds like a fun tournament. Since virus spread, Tournaments are less populated and people seem to be keeping away for most part. Some wearing masks some not. At least the One I have attended and others I have watched on internet .

I like your ambiguous " do things" . If that involves going out anywhere or meeting anyone including children, you are a hypocrite. The only full proof way to stop the spread is turn you and your family into hermits until a vaccine or cure is spread thru out the country. Which may or may not happen in next year or two. Good luck with your great ability to entertain your children in your home next year or two ! LOL..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true.

Might want to come down off that mountain and join us poor mere mortals Mr Holier than Tho . Difference between you and me is that I dont care what you do with your life in this free country, Somehow you think you can tell me how to lead my life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lacrosse board and not a trip to your psychiatrist. I must have hooked someone who didn't get much attention as a child so I apologize for that. If a lacrosse tourney is the only way you can interact with Paul Rabil Jr then when the tournaments are cancelled, I suggest you use that free time to figure it all out. Or try to chase down a refund. End result: No tournaments No refunds.

And to the guy that is watching kiddie Lacrosse on the internet? REALLY man? That's a little creepy. I bet all those around you are very proud.

And "Your Welcome" to all the readers out there that are enjoying the bludgeoning these clowns are taking. Let's stick to Lacrosse on this forum. Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true.

Excellent Troll post, I am sure your husband is proud, now can wet back to being serious here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a lacrosse board and not a trip to your psychiatrist. I must have hooked someone who didn't get much attention as a child so I apologize for that. If a lacrosse tourney is the only way you can interact with Paul Rabil Jr then when the tournaments are cancelled, I suggest you use that free time to figure it all out. Or try to chase down a refund. End result: No tournaments No refunds.

And to the guy that is watching kiddie Lacrosse on the internet? REALLY man? That's a little creepy. I bet all those around you are very proud.

And "Your Welcome" to all the readers out there that are enjoying the bludgeoning these clowns are taking. Let's stick to Lacrosse on this forum. Thank you!

If by bludgeoning you mean sitting back and watching my kid play a lacrosse game last night enjoying a tasty beverage...Then bludgeon all day my friend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax there Francis, take your own advice before your head explodes from your superior intellectual adult brain.. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received email from this one club, "Do you want to be a _____"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Liberal MSM kool aid drinker and serial doomer,

Please actually educate yourself on the true facts instead of regurgitating the sky is falling talking points you receive from your daily dose of panic porn from your beloved fake news. How about you go to the actual CDC website and review the data and then try to explain why, with all of the opening back up, the hospitalization and death rate continues to plummet? Or the fact that the "spike" is due to combined testing of active infections and antibody tests and increased daily testing to over 600,000 per day. Or that the relative number of deaths is the direct result of terrible governor's forcing the infected into nursing homes to account for close to 50% nationwide(most of whom were already past the statistical age of death). Fun fact: Life expectancy in the US=78.6, median age of COVID death=80. Oh wait, this will fall on deaf ears as I almost forgot that liberals can only exist in their own echo chambers and are incapable of reason and logic and understanding facts. You have only "bludgeoned" yourself with your bs rhetoric. If you're obese and have a co-morbidity or two, stay home please.

PS: I had it, tested positive, slept for two days with headache and fever, quarantined for a full month back in April. Kids all tested positive for antibodies in May and were asymptomatic.

Now back to Lacrosse. Anyone else go to the Baltimore Showcase, Delaware Invitational or Northeast Showdown this week? Those boys had some fun in the sun!!! Great week of lacrosse! If your club is not playing, cut your losses and move on to another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please actually educate yourself on the true facts instead of regurgitating the sky is falling talking points you receive from your daily dose of panic porn from your beloved fake news. How about you go to the actual CDC website and review the data and then try to explain why, with all of the opening back up, the hospitalization and death rate continues to plummet? Or the fact that the "spike" is due to combined testing of active infections and antibody tests and increased daily testing to over 600,000 per day. Or that the relative number of deaths is the direct result of terrible governor's forcing the infected into nursing homes to account for close to 50% nationwide(most of whom were already past the statistical age of death). Fun fact: Life expectancy in the US=78.6, median age of COVID death=80. Oh wait, this will fall on deaf ears as I almost forgot that liberals can only exist in their own echo chambers and are incapable of reason and logic and understanding facts. You have only "bludgeoned" yourself with your bs rhetoric. If you're obese and have a co-morbidity or two, stay home please.

PS: I had it, tested positive, slept for two days with headache and fever, quarantined for a full month back in April. Kids all tested positive for antibodies in May and were asymptomatic.

Now back to Lacrosse. Anyone else go to the Baltimore Showcase, Delaware Invitational or Northeast Showdown this week? Those boys had some fun in the sun!!! Great week of lacrosse! If your club is not playing, cut your losses and move on to another.

Dominoes - Fall sports will be cancelled for 6 weeks of lax and outdoor necessities. dense
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/ciaa-suspends-all-fall-sports-activity-due-to-covid-19/19181907/

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Dominoes - Fall sports will be cancelled for 6 weeks of lax and outdoor necessities. dense
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/ciaa-suspends-all-fall-sports-activity-due-to-covid-19/19181907/

Hands clapping; You tested positive. Now listen to you wife and take the garbage out. You sound like a lax parent I know!

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 28 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard