SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 65 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 64 65
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
LaxMod #303733 07/09/20 10:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, and this is for all the Pro-Lax, Lax-is-life'rs: Why are you so hellbent on having tournaments in lieu of what is occurring right now? What is the actual upside?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

LaxMod #303740 07/09/20 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is Hilarious how the nay sayers are so concerned about some poorly attended lacrosse tournaments where most people are usually separated by some distance, We just had many weeks with thousands upon thousands of people running amok around all cities without a peep out of many of these same naysayers. Now all of the sudden a few lacrosse tournaments with HS and below children will be the end of civilization as virus will over run us all. LOL

The kids need to get out and have some fun at a sport many love.. Parents can practice common sense at tournaments and after.

Thank God the naysayers were not the first pioneers in this country, We would still be in England moaning about harsh conditions in America while sipping tea and eating crumpets .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303741 07/09/20 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious, and this is for all the Pro-Lax, Lax-is-life'rs: Why are you so hellbent on having tournaments in lieu of what is occurring right now? What is the actual upside?

Get out of house . Many of us dont think it is bad as you do. Without a vaccine nothing will be different than it is today for years to come. When is vaccine coming?? Next year at earliest, if even then. At risk people and especially old people will need to avoid non risk people as best they can and we should be aware of them too. Common sense.

I dont intend to live my life holed up in my house wearing a mask and gloves until a vaccine is discovered or some cure. Or avoid anything that isnt perfect to avoid virus.

If you are young or not at risk, go about life with common sense for next few years. Large Public events ( lacrosse sure isnt ) Football, BB, etc etc will need to be addressed with common sense and handled different along with some others but outdoor lacrosse tournaments are easily handled.

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #303742 07/09/20 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs that charging for tryouts in August how creedy can you bee. How about some kind of refund ? Legacy $100 what about the the season since March i paid for ? Express taking out that last payment and nothing going on . Turtles has a price already set for 2020-2021 and its As much or more than last year and want decision if you’re coming back July 15 and first payment is due September 1 not getting equipment just the helmet from last year. People really really think about committing before there is a good plan in place . Whats 91 , igloo , S2S , empire , rush , rebels story ??? Expose these clubs .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303745 07/09/20 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you come on every day and post your slanted narrative?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #303746 07/09/20 12:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be honest, it is a difficult situation. While I agree that these things must be approached with caution, I did experience the impact that cancelled school and spring season had mentally on my son. Once practices started, his disposition was noticeably different. I know that the virus is real, but the mental toll on these kids could be much worse in the long run. I am not advocating either way, just trying to shed some light on why parents might want to seek out a bit of normalcy for their kids. Frankly, I think that small local play days would be the best option, but hard to convince clubs to simply play their rivals from down the road.

Kids feed off their parents. Show your kid how to fill the void with something else constructive which is beneficial and joyful. Life lessons; don't run, capitalize off of them...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303752 07/09/20 01:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guy above nailed it

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303753 07/09/20 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To be honest, it is a difficult situation. While I agree that these things must be approached with caution, I did experience the impact that cancelled school and spring season had mentally on my son. Once practices started, his disposition was noticeably different. I know that the virus is real, but the mental toll on these kids could be much worse in the long run. I am not advocating either way, just trying to shed some light on why parents might want to seek out a bit of normalcy for their kids. Frankly, I think that small local play days would be the best option, but hard to convince clubs to simply play their rivals from down the road.

Kids feed of their parents. Show your kid how to fill the void with something else constructive which is beneficial and joyful. Life lessons don't run, capitalize off of them...

I don't necessarily disagree, but as kids get older, they start to form their own views on life, and it is hard to change those views. The irony is that we want our kids to grow up and start to make their own decisions based upon the (hopefully positive) influences that we have provided. Bottom line, while some people see this as an easy decision (either way), there are those of us that are very conflicted over the situation. Again, not trying to suggest that either choice is right or wrong, and definitely not looking for any life advice from some anonymous person on this forum, just trying to answer the question as to what is the "actual upside", as asked by the original poster.

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #303755 07/09/20 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Professional sport organizations with tons of money and “living in a bubble” can’t make it happen in a responsible manner with their players getting infected and ultimately some of them not playing the season. If people really want their kids in school with a chance to play sports then why are there any tournaments at this point? So irresponsible, the same people that are complaining about not being able to play this summer will be the same ones complaining this fall when school starts (if it does) and there are no sports. So short sighted.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303756 07/09/20 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not an easy decision to make, it’s about the safety of our society as a whole and putting life as we knew it on hold for a bit longer. There’s no fun in disrupting our daily lives but this too shall pass. If we regroup next year when we know more about the virus we as whole we will be better for it. Put the money aside just give us a clear direction that follows safety and health protocols.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
LaxMod #303761 07/09/20 03:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not everyone thinks unselfishly . Thats the reason this thing is spreading . I guess world needs herd ammunity....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303762 07/09/20 03:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Professional sport organizations with tons of money and “living in a bubble” can’t make it happen in a responsible manner with their players getting infected and ultimately some of them not playing the season. If people really want their kids in school with a chance to play sports then why are there any tournaments at this point? So irresponsible, the same people that are complaining about not being able to play this summer will be the same ones complaining this fall when school starts (if it does) and there are no sports. So short sighted.

Totally agree. Is there an upside having lacrosse tournaments at this point in time? My main concern, centers around schools reopening on time. If we haven't played any meaningful lacrosse at this point, which includes school ball, what is the sense of starting now.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303768 07/09/20 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
putting life as we knew it on hold for a bit longer.

Two weeks....

Two months...

Two years?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303769 07/09/20 06:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. Is there an upside having lacrosse tournaments at this point in time? My main concern, centers around schools reopening on time. If we haven't played any meaningful lacrosse at this point, which includes school ball, what is the sense of starting now.

Schools will not be 'as usual this fsll

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303777 07/09/20 11:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
putting life as we knew it on hold for a bit longer.

Two weeks....

Two months...

Two years?

That is the point many seem to not get. A vaccine is at least a year away at the minimum, it may even be longer if ever. Some viruses still have no vaccine.

For the whole country to live like a hermit until then is sad in so many ways. At risk people need to be protected , the rest of us , need to accept some risk and go about life. If you dont feel comfortable, stay home for a year or two, I am not.

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 65 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 64 65
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard