BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 71 72
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Boys from the class of 2027 in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks tryouts this weekend. I wonder if it will be a big turnout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Hawks? They lost two yesterday. I saw them play FCA and they got smoked. Did they lose some players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played in the 2026AA bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

THIS^^^^^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they played on age...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so they played on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS^^^^^^^^^

I was at the tournament. I don't know how they came up with the bracket designations for 2026 because the kids were the same in both. If the Hawks 2027 were playing on age in a 2026 bracket then that is a really small team. They were definitely out-sized and out-skilled for the most part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 Hawks would have run through the 2027 bracket. Kudos to them for playing up. I know some parents from that Hawks team. They have 2 holdbacks total. 2. They start 2 2028’s! So I guess they cancel each other out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Solid team. I think we need to distinguish whether a kid is 2028 in their schooling or age. If they were born before Sept 2009 and after August 2008 then they were meant to be a 2027, at least in MD public school. They may be a different year academic wise, up or down, and that's just their journey. If they are actually younger then Aug 2009 that is a difficult feat. Otherwise I would question saying that 2028s are starting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A team takes on the challenge and plays up to improve themselves. What comes out of it? The whining about what kids are on the proper class year or not. Please leave the hold back none sense behind and let kids be kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When other club sports like soccer are strict on this why is pointing this discrepancy in lacrosse nonsense. I've seen well talented kids kicked off their club team when a kid plays down takes their place. And parents who brag that their kids are playing up in club when actually playing in the right age group, not school year, are right to be called out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apples and oranges. You play by the rules set up by the organizers. Luckily, there are plenty of options in lacrosse in the form of USL sanctioned tournaments and A and B level tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When other club sports like soccer are strict on this why is pointing this discrepancy in lacrosse nonsense. I've seen well talented kids kicked off their club team when a kid plays down takes their place. And parents who brag that their kids are playing up in club when actually playing in the right age group, not school year, are right to be called out.

Fighting a losing battle. The holdbacks won. If you can, reclass. Do it . You will competing more and more with players getting an age advantage most dont get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fighting a losing battle. The holdbacks won. If you can, reclass. Do it . You will competing more and more with players getting an age advantage most dont get.

And in Maryland, you have very little chance of playing at a high level unless held back. Too many private school holdbacks/prefirsts to compete against. By the time you get to High School and caught up with them physically, it will be to late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's your point, don't play? There are only 2 holdbacks on the 27 hawks and they aren't the best players. Those kids play a LOT of lacrosse, maybe they are good because they put in more effort?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what's your point, don't play? There are only 2 holdbacks on the 27 hawks and they aren't the best players. Those kids play a LOT of lacrosse, maybe they are good because they put in more effort?

Keep dreaming, in next two years it will be holdbacks/prefirst/reclass dominating most top teams, along with the players born Sept-Dec who werent held back.

Sorry, It is just the way it is in MD and Northeast....and now in many other areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dreaming? That's a fact 2, hold backs on that team and 2 who are playing up. They are clearly one of the best teams right now, I don't care if kids get held back or not. My point was that the 27 Hawks are not "full of holdbacks" which is the common theme above.

Again, what's the point? Reclass or not you can be good even playing against hold backs, seems like an excuse to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dreaming? That's a fact 2, hold backs on that team and 2 who are playing up. They are clearly one of the best teams right now, I don't care if kids get held back or not. My point was that the 27 Hawks are not "full of holdbacks" which is the common theme above.

Again, what's the point? Reclass or not you can be good even playing against hold backs, seems like an excuse to me.

You obviously have not been thru the grind in last 5 years with respect to lacrosse played from 8-12th grade. Just wait until Puberty hits and many of your on age players are passed by holdbacks hitting puberty earlier and others that puberty has propelled along. Then it will be,,I got to do something, Johnny cant compete, These next few years are the big years to establish yourself, and being older works.

From 6 to 9th grade the lacrosse world changes. Reclass is on the way for many who really want to play on a top HS team. Sorry, No other way for many. 5-9 to 5-11 lacrosse player does not work on age for top HS or club teams. If your goal is Towson HS, you are ok, If your goal is MIAA, Dont even think on age will work. It wont for majority of players. The best teams starters are those same prefirst/holdbacks/reclassed everyone complains about and says will not make it. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep dreaming, in next two years it will be holdbacks/prefirst/reclass dominating most top teams, along with the players born Sept-Dec who werent held back.

Sorry, It is just the way it is in MD and Northeast....and now in many other areas.
So now we are grouping Sept-Dec birthdays in with holdbacks? You are truly pathetic. I feel very sorry for your player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now we are grouping Sept-Dec birthdays in with holdbacks? You are truly pathetic. I feel very sorry for your player.

I see you missed out on reading comprehension in school. Easy to comprehend your player is a holdback who couldn't make it on age. Your player will always carry the holdback badge with him. Well done.

Might want to read Malcolm Gladwell's book " Outliers ". It will help with understanding Sept-Dec birthdays. But first take a refresher course in reading comprehension.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound bitter...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Team MD pushing that they won an elite tournament for 26 and 27s? The 26 "elite" won in the B division and the 27 won against teams that were taken down easily by A teams last year. Great job winning a tournament. Simmer down now and come back with real elite wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Team MD pushing that they won an elite tournament for 26 and 27s? The 26 "elite" won in the B division and the 27 won against teams that were taken down easily by A teams last year. Great job winning a tournament. Simmer down now and come back with real elite wins.

Chill out Dad... let them have their moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you even have to ask ??? " Give it to the 9th grader "

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Heard Team MD is cleaning up at Young Gunz and beat Hawks... What is going on with the Hawks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol the Hawks are 3-0 heading into day 2 and beat team md

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD appears to have had a good showing. The Crabs are not as consistent as they have been in the past especially with all the new looney players (hint, stop carrying your looneys bag around). Team MD has a game against Madlax this afternoon. If they can keep the score close that'll be impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The score looks decent. Have not heard how the game play went.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD appears to have had a good showing. The Crabs are not as consistent as they have been in the past especially with all the new looney players (hint, stop carrying your looneys bag around). Team MD has a game against Madlax this afternoon. If they can keep the score close that'll be impressive.
Usually Team MD is a bunch of trophy hunters, playing down to look better, but this team is decent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat MadLax by three and lost to the Hawks by one. Sounds pretty decent to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They beat MadLax by three and lost to the Hawks by one. Sounds pretty decent to me.

I disagree. The sum doesn’t equal the parts. On the contrary, these two teams are on a crash course to meet again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t get what you disagree with, and which two teams are on course to meet again?
I was responding to the poster who said that Team MD are trophy hunters who play down in weak events. My point was that they went 1-1 in close games with Hawks and MadLax, two extremely strong teams, and therefore should be a strong team too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good showing. Don't know the current size of the hawks 27 but heat mgmt has to be an issue if they're playing few players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody played in the same heat and nobody had a small roster. Hard to see how conditions favor one team over another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that Hawks team pretty well, normally they don't sub attack and d but they have middies for days. When their first and 3rd middies look the same it's a problem. They are a very deep team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They seemed to have kept their roster over the years. I've heard of more movement in other years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was responding to the poster who said that Team MD are trophy hunters who play down in weak events. My point was that they went 1-1 in close games with Hawks and MadLax, two extremely strong teams, and therefore should be a strong team too.
What I said was that Team MD as a program "usually" plays down at weaker events. Any program that brags about an "elite" team winning the B division of any tournament by a combined score of 46-6 is definitely trophy hunting. No team playing in a B division should be that out of balance.

What I also said was that 27 team is decent. In fact, they probably border on legit. They will likely compete in at least AA in HoCo next year. And good for them.

But that doesn't change the fact that overall this program trophy hunts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whatever, but I have not seen very many Hoco AA teams who beat Madlax or come within one of Hawks; that's all I'm saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard what is going on with BLC? They've been very quiet this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard