BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 sent out an email saying all tournamaents this summer will take place on long island

Great. I can't wait to see some of the moms' for my weekly kisses. Spread the COVID! Thanks 91.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
than why are we scheduled for a tourney next Saturday the 11th in Hillsborough NJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think you’re going to jersey next weekend for a tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no tourneys But everyone keeps holding onto this false belief that there is.... Its over Johnny! Everyone knows it but some parents cant just let go. ITS OVER! I'll say it again: ITS OVER!
FAKE NEWS

There was just a huge National Tournament this past weekend in Tennessee for the 2022s. So you Sir, are wrong!

The bottom line there are going to be tournaments ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) and people will sacrifice their freedoms and ability to participate in school and sports in the Fall with normalcy due to participating in them. There will not be Fall sports and this will all be because a few people needed to travel for summer lax (among a litany of other unnecessary indulgences). Shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2022 daughter still has 4 tournaments still happening this season. Two in July & two in August. I’m happy that she and her teammates will have some sense of normalcy, especially since they didn’t have a spring high school season. And I do believe it’s worth it just for the film even though the college coaches can’t attend in person. She’s already had a few D1 college coaches reach out to her club recruiting director expressing interest in her since Covid happened. And this interest is just by watching her on film during the quiet period. The college coaches are definitely looking at 22’s and they are watching film. For any girls who do want to play in college, these tourneys are still valuable opportunities for them.

There are no tourneys But everyone keeps holding onto this false belief that there is.... Its over Johnny! Everyone knows it but some parents cant just let go. ITS OVER! I'll say it again: ITS OVER!

FAKE NEWS

There was just a huge National Tournament this past weekend in Tennessee for the 2022s. So you Sir, are wrong!

Who cares? No college coaches were there.....waste of $$$$ for this age group.

There was a tournament in MD this past weekend that included teams from all age groups. I know it doesn't fit your narrative and you can't just admit it. But it is happening. But let me guess, no it is not!!!!

The naysayers can tell us that tournaments are not happening this summer all they want...But the truth is that tournaments have started back up this week ( Tennessee, Atlanta, MD, UA tryouts in FL ) and will most likely continue along with a few not happening. All are giving away film to college coaches. Of course lots are money related and who knows how much college coaches will actually base their recruits off of film. New world for a while until this virus is under control, For now July looks busy with lacrosse then ,,,who knows.

I think a lot of activity will be more clear once college/schools start back up and we see what direction most schools go.

FAKE NEWS

There was a tournament in MD this past weekend that included teams from all age groups. I know it doesn't fit your narrative and you can't just admit it. But it is happening. But let me guess, no it is not!!!!

The naysayers can tell us that tournaments are not happening this summer all they want...But the truth is that tournaments have started back up this week ( Tennessee, Atlanta, MD, UA tryouts in FL ) and will most likely continue along with a few not happening. All are giving away film to college coaches. Of course lots are money related and who knows how much college coaches will actually base their recruits off of film. New world for a while until this virus is under control, For now July looks busy with lacrosse then ,,,who knows.

I think a lot of activity will be more clear once college/schools start back up and we see what direction most schools go.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2022 daughter still has 4 tournaments still happening this season. Two in July & two in August. I’m happy that she and her teammates will have some sense of normalcy, especially since they didn’t have a spring high school season. And I do believe it’s worth it just for the film even though the college coaches can’t attend in person. She’s already had a few D1 college coaches reach out to her club recruiting director expressing interest in her since Covid happened. And this interest is just by watching her on film during the quiet period. The college coaches are definitely looking at 22’s and they are watching film. For any girls who do want to play in college, these tourneys are still valuable opportunities for them.

Mo one cares mom .

FAKE NEWS

FAKE NEWS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, college coaches only care about your film after they watched you in person and put you on their list of possible recruits. So, no college coaches at tourneys for the 21-24 age group does matter more then you think. There will be very limited recruiting this year so gear up and prepare for next spring. If your playing this summer for recruiting purposes it is a waste unless you actively have college coaches requesting film from you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, college coaches only care about your film after they watched you in person and put you on their list of possible recruits. So, no college coaches at tourneys for the 21-24 age group does matter more then you think. There will be very limited recruiting this year so gear up and prepare for next spring. If your playing this summer for recruiting purposes it is a waste unless you actively have college coaches requesting film from you.
In a normal year that may be true but numerous college coaches have stated that they will be watching more film and events are providing more cameras. The Crabs MD91 game gave a ton of exposure to those 2022 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches.... Stop...Do you guys even know how much a Lax scholarship is worth? Basically nothing and it comes with a pack of chewed bubblegum. If your playing with teh hopes of your rockstar getting a scholarship then you will end up losing money in medical bills. Shakin my head...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a normal year that may be true but numerous college coaches have stated that they will be watching more film and events are providing more cameras. The Crabs MD91 game gave a ton of exposure to those 2022 players.

Mo one cares mom .

FAKE NEWS

FAKE NEWS

Don't know that any tournaments will continue as cases are peaking around the country. Also Under Armour pulled its sponsorship from all american games. Must be for a reason.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a tournament in MD this past weekend that included teams from all age groups. I know it doesn't fit your narrative and you can't just admit it. But it is happening. But let me guess, no it is not!!!![/quote]

I think a lot of activity will be more clear once college/schools start back up and we see what direction most schools go.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Don't know that any tournaments will continue as cases are peaking around the country. Also Under Armour pulled its sponsorship from all american games. Must be for a reason.[/quote]

It looks like there are a decent amount of tournaments in the next week, so we will soon find out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Don't know that any tournaments will continue as cases are peaking around the country. Also Under Armour pulled its sponsorship from all american games. Must be for a reason.

Under Armour is pretty much broke these days. Pulling sponsorship from a lot of places.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great return to lax story on News 12 today. Hey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Under Armour is pretty much broke these days. Pulling sponsorship from a lot of places.

Warrior sponsored the All American Games, try again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

If you are talking about the one at UMASS, good God, that thing was the biggest disaster I have ever seen. What a freaking money grab, I would have paid half to not go if I only knew!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

If you are talking about the one at UMASS, good God, that thing was the biggest disaster I have ever seen. What a freaking money grab, I would have paid half to not go if I only knew!!

FYI... aside from PAL, it is all a money grab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches.... Stop...Do you guys even know how much a Lax scholarship is worth? Basically nothing and it comes with a pack of chewed bubblegum. If your playing with teh hopes of your rockstar getting a scholarship then you will end up losing money in medical bills. Shakin my head...

Keep shaking your head. Just because lax scholarships are not full ride, they have value. Who doesn’t want $60-80k for an out of state school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep shaking your head. Just because lax scholarships are not full ride, they have value. Who doesn’t want $60-80k for an out of state school?
Whos getting 80k ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are tournaments really happening in DE this weekend and next week? That's insane. Just shut it down for the summer so kids can go back to school and play sports starting the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are tournaments really happening in DE this weekend and next week? That's insane. Just shut it down for the summer so kids can go back to school and play sports starting the fall.

Fall sports (HS) are very likely going to get pushed to the later winter/early spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel clubs are as greedy as they come. Clearly putting money before health and safety. How can you explain no pro sports playing but travel lacrosse with kids is okay. No NBA, NHL or MLB. So sad! Travel clubs should be ashamed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My bet is you will hear something this week to the effect that its too large of a "gathering". Lax parents are not the brightest to begin with so one of these events would be a Covid breeding ground. Aint happening

I get it, we have to live our lives and move on. But whats going on politically, a spike in the numbers only lessens the chances of our kids returning to school. I mean, PAL lacrosse is starting up, for what! People fail to realize, the fearless Governor of this state would love for the schools to remain closed. Read between the lines folks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deleware just added to NY/NJ/CT quarantine list. Anyone want to go to NLF or NALF and stay 2 extra weeks. Summer tourney season is pretty much officially over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deleware just added to NY/NJ/CT quarantine list. Anyone want to go to NLF or NALF and stay 2 extra weeks. Summer tourney season is pretty much officially over.

Somehow, club owners will try to place a spin on this.
https://abc7ny.com/health/new-york-new-jersey-connecticut-add-3-states-to-quarantine-list/6284542/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somehow, club owners will try to place a spin on this.
https://abc7ny.com/health/new-york-new-jersey-connecticut-add-3-states-to-quarantine-list/6284542/

People signing wavers, creating a paper trail, folks subjecting themselves to fines, COVID, etc all for a kids game. Better yet, some parents will call and ask the coach or club owner; if and what NYS could do (impose) if caught. Keep allowing owners to string you along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should scrap tourneys and just play local games. There are enough teams in the metro area to make it work. May be able to get gov officials comfortable as it's easier to social distance with individual games than tourneys. Not ideal but maybe more feasible than tourneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s happening right now with these travel clubs is criminal. No communication, practices or refunds.
Call it a season and give some money back in good faith that we resume next spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Governor Cuomo just added Delaware to the list of states requiring 14 day quarantine. Does this put the final nail in the coffin? No parent is going travel to Delaware and then be expect to miss 14 days of work (be in quarantine).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland will be next with the 4th of July festivities this weekend and all the out of towners coming in the last couple of weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Your mixing up 2 different tournaments. The under armor all american games is a legit event for high school kids. The warrior all american games is a scam tournament run by 91. Warrior must have realized this because they no longer sponsor that tournament as well. Its now called just the "all american games"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Governor Cuomo just added Delaware to the list of states requiring 14 day quarantine. Does this put the final nail in the coffin? No parent is going travel to Delaware and then be expect to miss 14 days of work (be in quarantine).

Express just announced that they pulled out of all July tourneys and that parents should cancel hotel reservations.

How long until August is cancelled?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will happen and many teams from NY, NJ, Conn will be there. Just Relax. Until there is a vaccine , you will be in your cave hiding ( your right) . I intend to use common sense and try to go about my life which includes watching my son's lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel to a hot spot, come back to NY and quarantine for 2 weeks. Makes a lot of sense to go watch your son/daughter play in 5 lacrosse games, NOT. Get a grip and be part of the solution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All clubs should apply this years tuition to next season and regroup then. Practicing is not even safe let’s be truthful with how dangerous this virus is and put greed aside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament scheduled for hillsborough NJ this weekend, most 91 teams in it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is the only club having tryouts at $100+

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament scheduled for hillsborough NJ this weekend, most 91 teams in it

Of course they are as they will be in future out of state tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Standing around hot sweaty fields with masks on and a virus in the air. Just to try and get some youth lacrosse in. Sounds awful. And is notIntelligent. I'll be at the beach. Enjoy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel to a hot spot, come back to NY and quarantine for 2 weeks. Makes a lot of sense to go watch your son/daughter play in 5 lacrosse games, NOT. Get a grip and be part of the solution.

Not trying to get involved in the back forth on the merits of playing, or not, but I was curious as to whether the difference in opinions has any relation to the age of your child. While many 2024's and younger may not really care either way, many of the 2023s and older who missed the high school season, and have an interest in college lacrosse, may be more motivated to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recon Giving back $500 towards next year they said.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard