BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 35 1 2 31 32 33 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just as an FYI, have it on good authority that G "owns the 'Duke's Nationals' name". So there could be a C&D, but not sure it stands any chance legally.

So are you still sure?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as an FYI, have it on good authority that G "owns the 'Duke's Nationals' name". So there could be a C&D, but not sure it stands any chance legally.

So are you still sure?

Never said I was "sure" in the first place. Was going off of what I was told. Doesn't mean he didn't but DOES mean he folded in the stance that he could use if if he wanted to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you still sure?

Never said I was "sure" in the first place. Was going off of what I was told. Doesn't mean he didn't but DOES mean he folded in the stance that he could use if if he wanted to.

I don't think your "good authority" friend knows how IP works. The Duke's name is not trademarked, by the way. Ebe, however, has been using the name for a long time - probably since G was in diapers. Ain't no way G has any rights to that name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you still sure?

I don't think your "good authority" friend knows how IP works. The Duke's name is not trademarked, by the way. Ebe, however, has been using the name for a long time - probably since G was in diapers. Ain't no way G has any rights to that name.

Or is paying for it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you still sure?

Or is paying for it...

Ebe, only accept cash, not a certified check for more than the amount!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Q & A with Duke's Lacrosse President, Ebe Helm
Covering Multi Topics Including New Player Orientation Conference Call, Duke's Programs, Duke's National's, & New Duke's Programs.

Q : Understanding that the Duke's Lacrosse Club has Multi Regional Programs , can you advise just what happened with the Duke's National's Program that operated under the Duke's Lacrosse Club?

A: Duke's National's Program was actually a Duke's Regional Program but they Named themselves Duke's National's because they Recruited with No Territorial Boundaries at the Middle School Age while all our other Duke's Regional Programs operate within Specific Territories.
The Duke's National's Program as it Previously Existed under the Duke's Lacrosse Club was Terminated, Removed and Discontinued under the prior Leadership because it Failed to Deliver on it's Primary Mandate and because there were Multi other Issues that Compromised the Values and Integrity of Duke's Lacrosse Club.

Q : If this Duke's National's Regional Program was Terminated, can you be more Specific about why and what the Problems were that you Encountered to force this Termination?

A : Where do I start. Let me be brief and just respond to the specifics of so many of your phone calls, emails, Blogs and the many Complaints from Events, Tournaments, Hotels, Many, many Vendors; Facility's, College Coaches, Other Club Coaches and Programs; Duke's Coaches and most Importantly Player's and Parents.
It frankly just became to Difficult to Explain and Navigate thru these Inconsistencies and Complaints that demanded Responsible Replies and Answers to all these Entities.
Additionally, with the Failure to Respond to a Primary Mandate; the lack of Respect for the History of who Duke's Lacrosse Club is and what it Represents just could No longer be Overlooked, Ignored or Compromised .
Bottom line, Our Integrity as a Program was at stake and having to Continuously Field all of these Complaints about a Total lack of Transparency; a Total Lack of Effective Communications; Ongoing Money Issues and so much more that so many of you Commented on simply didnt allow us to Continue with this Duke's National's Program under the Duke's Lacrosse Club's Name.

Q : How can the Previous Duke's National's People Continue to Use your Name?

A : We will defer to our Attorney's who have Filed a "Cease and Desist" Order on that Issue.

We expect this to be resolved amicably but if not then expect the next step will be an Injunction and Multi Court Filings seeking Damages and a Formal Remedy.
But again, that will be something our Attorney's handle.

Q : Can Players and Family's contact you or the Duke's Lacrosse Club Program to see where they may Fit within your Duke's Programs?

A : Definitely YES.

Feel free to Email me @ dukeslaxx13@aol.com or call me on my cell phone number of 610-247-5253 and we will review options for you to remain in or join one of our Duke's Lacrosse Club Programs.

Q : Do you plan on Replacing what was the Duke's National's Program?

A : Great question. We are Excited to tell you that DEFINITELY YES we are Replacing the previous Dukes National's Entity .
We are Interviewing Multiple Entities who will Remake this Program and Develop it into the Respectable, Responsible Program Entity that starts with a Foundation of Integrity, Honesty, Trust and Reliability.
Because of NCAA Rules, we can't Name add'l People we are having discussions with but suffice it to say, they are Duke's Alums and they are "household" names in the Lacrosse World.
Very Exciting !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting - An anonymous Q&A with Dukes President. That seems very transparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, given the odd mid-sentence capitalizations and spelling errors in this post, I now know that Ebe is posting in the forum.

G, your turn to respond in the 3rd person and talk about what Nationals is going to do to battle the replacement for the "previous Dukes National's Entity" with a super team of your own.

https://media.tenor.com/images/23b875bff0290d88431de8cb75a161c3/tenor.gif

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, given the odd mid-sentence capitalizations and spelling errors in this post, I now know that Ebe is posting in the forum.

That's a cut and paste from the Duke's web site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son was on their 2025 team last year. What a complete s**tshow. By the end of summer, the whole team had pretty much fallen apart and no one showed up. There were events scheduled and literally a bunch of kids and parents were left -- many drove for hours to get there -- with no coaches at all, no cancellation, etc. All the Fall tournaments for 2025's were cancelled as there was no team left. SportsEngine got shut down, all communications stopped, and no one has ever followed up at all.

Received this year's uniform pack though, so I guess that's good? smile

But yeah, my experience was a constant demand for $$$$ without a clear strategy for the boys to play at the higher level. Once all the coaches bailed out, there wasn't anything left.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone reached out to me expressing interest in my son joining there 2026 team. I could not get any sensible answers to the questions I asked. So like the show Shark Tank...for that reason I was out!

Based upon what you wrote, in hindsight, I made an excellent choice!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team played Dukes at Long Island Lax Clash this summer, the 2023 team had 11 or 12 kids show up. From talking to the team parents, the players that showed up were from all over the country and only found out there wasn’t going to be any players showing up until they went to the field on day 1. The 23 team got absolutely destroyed and played in high heat and humidity without adequate subs. I actually felt sorry for the kids that showed up and for the parents who obviously fell for this guys ridiculous excuse for a program. The coach who was there seemed to be a decent knowledgeable coach, but what can you do with a dozen players? Did not see Coach G, too busy cashing checks at the bank??? Or Didn’t want to answer the parents complaints???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was an interesting model in that it was designed to work in conjunction with your typical crazy club situation. At the end of the day, the concept of meeting and playing with kids all over the country was unique; the experience to play at the D1 fields was kind of cool (gimmick? oh, yeah... none the less very cool).

The problems are:
1. No communications.... seriously, the day before traveling to a tournament in some far away state you get one poorly worded email
2. Didn't capitalize on creating a team - when you bring a bunch of kids together you need to get them hanging out and building some bonds. This didn't happen at any age group
3. See #1; the only time you heard from them is when they wanted more $$$$$ which was constant and unending. Otherwise, your son could catch on fire during a game, get medivac'ed off the field and you wouldn't get a reply
4. Talked a good game but didn't follow through on anything - from the beginning - all the things they preach; the grade requirements, the "personally calling the coach to accept the offer", etc. is all garbage. Lou couldn't name half the kids on the field; called them by jersey numbers and actively ran away after games so parents didn't have a chance to ask any questions.

I'd have been better off spending all that money on some freakish gimp to abuse me with a D pole for a few months. That may have been cheaper, honestly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone tell me it isn't true. Did Dukes National or whatever is is now called go down to South Carolina to compete? Someone mentioned it to me and I absolutely couldn't believe it. Again, please someone tell me this isn't true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He moved to North Carolina so one can only assume??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke's wasn't there. It was mostly Sweetlax clubs veruse a few local S.C. teams.

Sad that people still care about a defunct program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have G's phone number? He took $3k from me in the fall and I got nothing. No tournaments, no helmet, nothing. Shocker but zero response after many emails.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have G's phone number? He took $3k from me in the fall and I got nothing. No tournaments, no helmet, nothing. Shocker but zero response after many emails.
Set up a dummy gmail account and email him about wanting to join Nationals. Guaranteed he will respond to that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Set up a dummy gmail account and email him about wanting to join Nationals. Guaranteed he will respond to that.

Your full of it. The program doesn't cost that much and you know it. Must be one of those kids cut after last season. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your full of it. The program doesn't cost that much and you know it. Must be one of those kids cut after last season. Get a life.

Tuition, helmet and gloves was $3,693.55 paid in September. Never received any of the gear. Our team was never put in a single tournament starting in September. Criminal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dispute with CC company thats what I did. Never received anything either. I disputed in December though-got all my money back. CC company sends him something then he has 45 days to respond and if he doesn't you get money back. (at least with visa) GOOD LUCK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dispute with CC company thats what I did. Never received anything either. I disputed in December though-got all my money back. CC company sends him something then he has 45 days to respond and if he doesn't you get money back. (at least with visa) GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the tip. Got it all back!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the tip. Got it all back!

Finally, a positive outcome from this board! congrats to both of you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Duke's doing these days?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Duke's doing these days?

Forester brothers seemed to have taken over so that can only be a positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seen dukes recently . Was impressed with coach speech I overheard after tournament. But I will say stay away from nationals team . I was told they are no longer affiliated. Nationals is all about the money not player development. Every tournament they have new kids. If you play in a good lacrosse area not worth the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Duke's and Brotherly Love combining to form one team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Duke's and Brotherly Love combining to form one team?

no creating a national type team like all the other big programs seem to be doing...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is running it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is running it?

Big list of coaches for Premier (BL + Dukes) Mational Alliance. Haven’t seen whose w/ each team.

http://www.pnalacrosse.com/home.php

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or just go play for the Nationals who are the surviving entity right? Their teams did great at Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes teams at 2022, 2023, and 2024 were not National teams at Naptown. They were local Duke’s teams and they all did pretty well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Asking for a friend, is this the same program who went under a few times? Did people get refunds?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Run, do not walk. Run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes teams at Naptown we’re not national teams, made up mostly of local kids.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes teams at Naptown we’re not national teams, made up mostly of local kids.

The nationals that played in naptown have kids from all over the country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nationals is where all the coaching and talent roster is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be clear....

Duke's Elite competed in 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025

"Nationals" (which is the rebranding of G's Duke's Nationals team that was booted from the Duke's umbrella) competed in 2027 and 2028

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. Nationals is all the coaching, roster & top tournament talent,Nationals is not a b team formed by maybe average hs &play in marginal tournaments

Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 35 1 2 31 32 33 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard