BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Delaware Governor Carney Announces Delay in Phase 3 of Economic Reopening

https://news.delaware.gov/2020/06/2...-delay-in-phase-3-of-economic-reopening/

Dispute the charge on your credit card. There's no lacrosse. Clubs were stringing people along like sheep. Dismantle entire travel lacrosse, allow only certain organizations to return. The power is with the people! Do not register for tryouts, shut them down!

Yes, phase 3 is delayed, but phase 2 allowed sporting events such as these tournaments to be held so there is no change to having the events. Obviously that could still happen but the events are not dependent on phase 3.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refunds will will not happen. All you people on here complaining about refunds will just fall back in place and forget everything dirty your club did to you . Your all suckers . They can preach about tournaments coming up just to save themselves. They have excuse after excuse . No Hs and college fields not giving permits for yourh lacrosse. Just not happening. Now states are shutting down again , sorry no chance . Complain , call , email and demand something from your club if not they will play you yr after yr . Clubs are not loyal to you as you are to them its a prime example from the past 4 months . Its all about the $$$$$. All shady business. Be well everyone .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the summer season is over. No coaches allowed to watch kids at tournaments. I feel really bad for the 2022s. Phones will not be ringing Sept. 1. College coaches have so much uncertainty. Some clubs are still trying to jam in practices up to 5 times a week so they can justify the club fee. This is absolutely ridiculous. Season is over, everyone knows it. Do the right thing and give the refund, it’s the right thing to do. Hopefully there will be some LI summer leagues so the kids can keep fresh.

Not 1 club will give a penny back .

I heard one club is asking for payment in September. Crazy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cash refunds, no. Credits for next year, yes.
If people are leaving teams, which is probably a minimal number, that I don’t know.,

Credit for next year? Nope, not with this one club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would a credit work for a rising senior?? Or a kid that decides lax is not for them??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would a credit work for a rising senior?? Or a kid that decides lax is not for them??

Just saw an interesting and honest approach from a smaller city club. They contacted all participants and laid out 3 options

1- Donate the summer fee to the program. Tax deduction with receipt being provided
2- Roll over tuition to Fall 2020
3- Please refund me the tuition.

I like our club directors and understand the challenging situation they are in. Theyve done well communicating and trying to get something done. I would take option 2 but would consider option1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just saw an interesting and honest approach from a smaller city club. They contacted all participants and laid out 3 options

1- Donate the summer fee to the program. Tax deduction with receipt being provided

I like our club directors and understand the challenging situation they are in. Theyve done well communicating and trying to get something done. I would take option 2 but would consider option1.

Donate to the club? That's hysterical!!
I get they will provide the tax deduction receipt, but the fact that they listed that as option #1 is ridiculous.

I don't expect any plan to materialize until tournament dates have passed by, then the rescheduled dates have also passed by. I have reached out to my club director, not asking for a refund, but an honest question; "What happens if the season is lost?"
The answer wasn't any different than what I figured it would be "We're looking at a few different options, but our preference will be to find a way to get the teams back on the field for something meaningful. If that can't happen, we'll finalize out plans."

Probably have about 6 or 7 weeks before any answers are known

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Option 4: Bend over and pick up a lacrosse shaft. A credit toward next year? News flash: There may not be any fall ball either at this rate. Then what? A credit toward the credit? Move on as it was comical at first but in now bordering on embarrassing. No refunds, no summer season, no question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the summer season is over. No coaches allowed to watch kids at tournaments. I feel really bad for the 2022s. Phones will not be ringing Sept. 1. College coaches have so much uncertainty. Some clubs are still trying to jam in practices up to 5 times a week so they can justify the club fee. This is absolutely ridiculous. Season is over, everyone knows it. Do the right thing and give the refund, it’s the right thing to do. Hopefully there will be some LI summer leagues so the kids can keep fresh.

Don’t be shy expose that club . At this point the greed is all they care about and not the interest in you .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a player in the 22 division and I have never been contacted by my club director or coach to see if I/we still even want to play modified lacrosse in the middle of a pandemic. Has any club or US lacrosse polled any players with regard to playing this summer. I just watched some of my best friends miss their senior year of lax, no other sports are playing and less then 2 weeks after school is over we are going to start traveling and playing lax. What a slap in the face to those seniors and juniors. I am a 3 sport athlete and I would much rather be in school this coming fall with a chance to play sports for my school then play a washed up form of lax. If I am going to play and put my life and families life at risk its not going to be playing a modified form of lax 2 weeks before my football season starts. If we are going to play, let's play for real and stop having my parents sign waivers that basically say "we are going to play some washed up lacrosse and we know we are putting your life at risk but don't blame us." I practice almost every day with a bunch of guys from my HS and travel teams and we are not in favor of "play dates" or modified lax. If I wanted to have a play date with someone I couldn't touch I would ask my girlfriend to hang out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t be shy expose that club . At this point the greed is all they care about and not the interest in you .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait til the number explode after this weekend! There will be no fall sports either. Enjoy the hotdogs and firecrackers Lax parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All clubs not doing the right thing should be exposed. These clubs are trying to keep $$ for practice...hahah. Is that what they sold when you signed up. If you bought a BMW and the dealership delivered a Buick what would you do? You would be in touch with the Better Business Bureau, Yelp and all other business review sites. Do the same here. Ask your lawyer, or a good one, most people have not signed anything that states no refunds they are just put in the payment emails. Even if you did sign something that says no refunds it can’t stand up in court if they don’t deliver the service they sold you. Every club promises a number of practices and tournaments, if they don’t deliver then any paper you signed is worthless. Same with Corona waivers, would not stand up in court if hundreds of people are walking around without masks or not social distancing and someone gets sick. Take pictures and document. This one is free, next time it will cost you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Donate to the club? That's hysterical!!
I get they will provide the tax deduction receipt, but the fact that they listed that as option #1 is ridiculous.

I don't expect any plan to materialize until tournament dates have passed by, then the rescheduled dates have also passed by. I have reached out to my club director, not asking for a refund, but an honest question; "What happens if the season is lost?"
The answer wasn't any different than what I figured it would be "We're looking at a few different options, but our preference will be to find a way to get the teams back on the field for something meaningful. If that can't happen, we'll finalize out plans."

Probably have about 6 or 7 weeks before any answers are known

How do you make a donation to a FOR PROFIT organization? I'm not a CPA but......this must be a joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a player in the 22 division and I have never been contacted by my club director or coach to see if I/we still even want to play modified lacrosse in the middle of a pandemic. Has any club or US lacrosse polled any players with regard to playing this summer. I just watched some of my best friends miss their senior year of lax, no other sports are playing and less then 2 weeks after school is over we are going to start traveling and playing lax. What a slap in the face to those seniors and juniors. I am a 3 sport athlete and I would much rather be in school this coming fall with a chance to play sports for my school then play a washed up form of lax. If I am going to play and put my life and families life at risk its not going to be playing a modified form of lax 2 weeks before my football season starts. If we are going to play, let's play for real and stop having my parents sign waivers that basically say "we are going to play some washed up lacrosse and we know we are putting your life at risk but don't blame us." I practice almost every day with a bunch of guys from my HS and travel teams and we are not in favor of "play dates" or modified lax. If I wanted to have a play date with someone I couldn't touch I would ask my girlfriend to hang out.

Thanks for your input Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have given up on getting a refund. Our club just posted 4 new "playdates". They are in NJ, DE, and PA. Now they can say, "oh, we have all these events scheduled. We are all square now. No refund". Of course given last minute nature, risk of getting COVID, vacations, etc. we will be lucky to have half the team available to play. Does that matter to club? No. Otherwise they would have asked us before hand. What I don't understand is why spend all that time/ money to reschedule events? They could have used that $ for refunds.

I have to believe that with the 1000s of players and parents going to these events, that someone will get/spread COVID. While people say, oh, it doesn't impact young people, we really don't fully know that. My daughter is interested in military service, you can not join the military if you had COVID. So risk the career she wants to play watered-down lax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Options ? They have all our money that never was used . What overhead do they have ? Stop with the excuses partial refund is the right thing to do . Not asking for full or even 1/2 . Be happy with $500//$600 bucks and move on at this point . Express took out a payment months after covid19 delayed everything and teams took out payments beginning of March . Options lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really too funny. I read the first sentence of that and I knew it was a dad. No 10th grader talks like that. A nice laugh in the morning. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny, my parents have no clue about this site because they actually have a life but I bet your kid does. We sit back and laugh at all you crazed simpletons. Must be surprised by an educated 10th grader. But again, as my previous post stated, players don’t matter. Just keep using our likeness and images to promote your club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really too funny. I read the first sentence of that and I knew it was a dad. No 10th grader talks like that. A nice laugh in the morning. Thanks.

^^^^^^ THIS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny, my parents have no clue about this site because they actually have a life but I bet your kid does. We sit back and laugh at all you crazed simpletons. Must be surprised by an educated 10th grader. But again, as my previous post stated, players don’t matter. Just keep using our likeness and images to promote your club.

I have given up on getting a refund. Our club just posted 4 new "playdates". They are in NJ, DE, and PA. Now they can say, "oh, we have all these events scheduled. We are all square now. No refund". Of course given last minute nature, risk of getting COVID, vacations, etc. we will be lucky to have half the team available to play. Does that matter to club? No. Otherwise they would have asked us before hand. What I don't understand is why spend all that time/ money to reschedule events? They could have used that $ for refunds.

I have to believe that with the 1000s of players and parents going to these events, that someone will get/spread COVID. While people say, oh, it doesn't impact young people, we really don't fully know that. My daughter is interested in military service, you can not join the military if you had COVID. So risk the career she wants to play watered-down lax?

Parents don't get it. Soon, clubs will be sending out the tuition cost for next season. So get ready to shell out more money for a lot of uncertainty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny, parents think they are the only ones one this site...hahahahahah...losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You made it worse with this one dad. Now go have your coffee and calm down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO REFUNDS! Get your checkbooks ready for Fall season that is in serious jeopardy too. Maybe you will get a "Free" hoodie with he team logo .

Clubs already notified their parents on the amount of money they are demanding, without the "free" hoodie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Demanding? No, it is an option..a choice, that all parents have. Stop beating up the clubs They are providing what the parents crave and the parents are choking it down. Its on the parents, NOT the clubs.

Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny according to Express we are all systems go for July 6th. BUT no one wants to talk about tournaments? I personally don't give a garbage about practice thats not the only way they get better. Tournaments are where the competition is and how they will get better. At this point stop blowing smoke up our Meanyand just kill the darn season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no tourneys But everyone keeps holding onto this false belief that there is.... Its over Johnny! Everyone knows it but some parents cant just let go. ITS OVER! I'll say it again: ITS OVER!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny according to Express we are all systems go for July 6th. BUT no one wants to talk about tournaments? I personally don't give a garbage about practice thats not the only way they get better. Tournaments are where the competition is and how they will get better. At this point stop blowing smoke up our Meanyand just kill the darn season.

Our club said we are a go to Delaware also. Nothing about hotels or anything else.

It's over people, move on. Call and see if you get any answer:
Address: 1220 River Rd, New Castle, DE 19720
Hours: Closed ⋅ Opens 9AM Thu
Phone: (302) 322-4220

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no tourneys But everyone keeps holding onto this false belief that there is.... Its over Johnny! Everyone knows it but some parents cant just let go. ITS OVER! I'll say it again: ITS OVER!
FAKE NEWS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mid Summer Classic at Umass has been cancelled. The recruiting dead period extending until August 31st was the main reason according to the email. They offered full refunds or credit for next year.
I am sure there will be more to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAKE NEWS

There was just a huge National Tournament this past weekend in Tennessee for the 2022s. So you Sir, are wrong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAKE NEWS

There was just a huge National Tournament this past weekend in Tennessee for the 2022s. So you Sir, are wrong!

Who cares? No college coaches were there.....waste of $$$$ for this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAKE NEWS

The Film was sent to the coaches. These were the top boys in the age group who will all be recruited Sept 1. I'm pretty sure a lot of people care. Sorry your son wasn't invited. I would also like to point out that the response was to the post claiming "there are no tourneys" which is clearly incorrect!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
FAKE NEWS

The Film was sent to the coaches. These were the top boys in the age group who will all be recruited Sept 1. I'm pretty sure a lot of people care. Sorry your son wasn't invited. I would also like to point out that the response was to the post claiming "there are no tourneys" which is clearly incorrect!

Recruited Sep 1st. College lacrosse isn't even in the discussion without Football or Basketball. Like someone said, waste of $$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having obesity, defined as a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or above, increases your risk of severe illness from COVID-19; In prior years I've seen plenty of parents that fit this category. Most likely are the ones itching for tournaments to start up. You know who you are moms' and dads' Big market for yoga, work-out pants. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAKE NEWS

There was a tournament in MD this past weekend that included teams from all age groups. I know it doesn't fit your narrative and you can't just admit it. But it is happening. But let me guess, no it is not!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FAKE NEWS

There was a tournament in MD this past weekend that included teams from all age groups. I know it doesn't fit your narrative and you can't just admit it. But it is happening. But let me guess, no it is not!!!!

The naysayers can tell us that tournaments are not happening this summer all they want...But the truth is that tournaments have started back up this week ( Tennessee, Atlanta, MD, UA tryouts in FL ) and will most likely continue along with a few not happening. All are giving away film to college coaches. Of course lots are money related and who knows how much college coaches will actually base their recruits off of film. New world for a while until this virus is under control, For now July looks busy with lacrosse then ,,,who knows.

I think a lot of activity will be more clear once college/schools start back up and we see what direction most schools go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 sent out an email saying all tournamaents this summer will take place on long island

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 28 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard