Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Legacy Boys Lacrosse Evaluations on Aug 24th! | Shore2Shore 2028-2031 Free Evaluation Camp set for Aug 24th & 25th!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 07:58 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 07:24 PM
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 07:07 PM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 06:31 PM
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 08/10/20 04:43 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,079
Posts269,048
Members2,198
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 87 of 88 1 2 85 86 87 88
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
Anonymous #300475 03/17/20 05:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone reached out to me expressing interest in my son joining there 2026 team. I could not get any sensible answers to the questions I asked. So like the show Shark Tank...for that reason I was out!

Based upon what you wrote, in hindsight, I made an excellent choice!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #300485 03/17/20 08:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team played Dukes at Long Island Lax Clash this summer, the 2023 team had 11 or 12 kids show up. From talking to the team parents, the players that showed up were from all over the country and only found out there wasn’t going to be any players showing up until they went to the field on day 1. The 23 team got absolutely destroyed and played in high heat and humidity without adequate subs. I actually felt sorry for the kids that showed up and for the parents who obviously fell for this guys ridiculous excuse for a program. The coach who was there seemed to be a decent knowledgeable coach, but what can you do with a dozen players? Did not see Coach G, too busy cashing checks at the bank??? Or Didn’t want to answer the parents complaints???

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #300518 03/18/20 03:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was an interesting model in that it was designed to work in conjunction with your typical crazy club situation. At the end of the day, the concept of meeting and playing with kids all over the country was unique; the experience to play at the D1 fields was kind of cool (gimmick? oh, yeah... none the less very cool).

The problems are:
1. No communications.... seriously, the day before traveling to a tournament in some far away state you get one poorly worded email
2. Didn't capitalize on creating a team - when you bring a bunch of kids together you need to get them hanging out and building some bonds. This didn't happen at any age group
3. See #1; the only time you heard from them is when they wanted more $$$$$ which was constant and unending. Otherwise, your son could catch on fire during a game, get medivac'ed off the field and you wouldn't get a reply
4. Talked a good game but didn't follow through on anything - from the beginning - all the things they preach; the grade requirements, the "personally calling the coach to accept the offer", etc. is all garbage. Lou couldn't name half the kids on the field; called them by jersey numbers and actively ran away after games so parents didn't have a chance to ask any questions.

I'd have been better off spending all that money on some freakish gimp to abuse me with a D pole for a few months. That may have been cheaper, honestly.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #303275 06/25/20 07:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone tell me it isn't true. Did Dukes National or whatever is is now called go down to South Carolina to compete? Someone mentioned it to me and I absolutely couldn't believe it. Again, please someone tell me this isn't true.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #303405 06/29/20 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He moved to North Carolina so one can only assume??????

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TM@BOTC #303448 06/30/20 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke's wasn't there. It was mostly Sweetlax clubs veruse a few local S.C. teams.

Sad that people still care about a defunct program.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #303623 07/06/20 11:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have G's phone number? He took $3k from me in the fall and I got nothing. No tournaments, no helmet, nothing. Shocker but zero response after many emails.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303633 07/07/20 08:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have G's phone number? He took $3k from me in the fall and I got nothing. No tournaments, no helmet, nothing. Shocker but zero response after many emails.
Set up a dummy gmail account and email him about wanting to join Nationals. Guaranteed he will respond to that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303639 07/07/20 10:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Set up a dummy gmail account and email him about wanting to join Nationals. Guaranteed he will respond to that.

Your full of it. The program doesn't cost that much and you know it. Must be one of those kids cut after last season. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303652 07/07/20 12:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your full of it. The program doesn't cost that much and you know it. Must be one of those kids cut after last season. Get a life.

Tuition, helmet and gloves was $3,693.55 paid in September. Never received any of the gear. Our team was never put in a single tournament starting in September. Criminal

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #303654 07/07/20 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dispute with CC company thats what I did. Never received anything either. I disputed in December though-got all my money back. CC company sends him something then he has 45 days to respond and if he doesn't you get money back. (at least with visa) GOOD LUCK

Like Reply Quote
Page 87 of 88 1 2 85 86 87 88
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard