Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How true is this statement:

Since many 2023 clubs will not be holding tryouts for the next year - they take players back (they cut the ones they absolutely dont want) and they extend invites to new players (essentially recruits they have sought out).

Do these new player usually extend interest or are there ever any situations where the club will poach a player from another team? Does it work with more positions than others? Are middies in more demand than defense?

Your daughter needs to be off the charts good, and be playing for a lower tier team, which is not likely at this age. All positions are re recruited, but unless you’re currently playing on a big club and killing it, chances are that nobody’s coming knocking!

Both situations could happen. If you look for a better club/team for your daughter start with the coach and then look at roster size. Sometimes program directors and coaches will poach, but that is frowned upon by many. Rarely does a player get cut from a team when their are no longer tryouts, however some quit as they are either burned out or no longer interested. Yes middies are sought after more so than defenders as middies typically have more speed, better field vision, and more refined stick skills. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
TM@BOTC #303291 06/25/20 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious can you list the past achievements of this talented YJ 23 team.
What is their record against:
MandD
Heroes
SW
Igloo
TG
YJB

I know it doesn't matter, I am just curious.

TTT Talent to Torch

Since the full merger this team has only played in 2 fall tourneys.....going 5-0-1
Beating M&D and tying CT grizzlies

they will only get better;

So... only YJ will get better? Granted they need to, but that is a a silly statement. ALL the top teams will be better! YJ will finally be competitive, due to the additions. Sadly the loyal friends & family girls on the bottom half of that roster (of 26) will rarely see playing time in meaningful games. My observation of this age group is that for most of the top teams they’re about 4/5 studs, but the whole team is solid and can get the job done. You remove the top 4/5 on the new and improved YJ team and they would have a tough time beating their B team. Top schools and scholarship money won’t run deep on that team. But 5 years from now the parents will be able to say “remember that time we beat TG & M&D” while cheering for their low level D1 daughter getting a 10% scholarship. Wake up!!

YJ shake up will def be significant! Both yj teams will do great this year. top teams will be YJ and TG with all the changes it would be a stretch to say legacy over YJb libery jesters and empire idk ?? unfortunately none of these teams would every agree to play each other! too bad!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303292 06/25/20 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they were as good as everyone says they are they would have been able to carry their teams last summer like the CT Grizzly girl carries that team. In the end they did not and both teams looked average against average competition. They are good players but they don’t make their team or teammates better. TG had major injuries to multiple starters and still only lost 3 games all summer.

Play for a team that has a competitive schedule and solid coaching. In addition you and your daughter will have to do some leg work contacting coaches and getting camp dates for the schools you are interested in. It also is huge to have someone from your clubs administration who will advocate for your daughter.

Here is a list of YJ 2021 comittments.

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

Any questions ? ................This is why you play for Yellow Jackets..... Support, Exposure, Friendship, Experience, Contacts and some of the best families you will ever meet. Ask any 2021 parent if they were happy with the decision to play for the Yellow Jackets. Ask some parents from other areas if they were happy with their recruiting experience. Trust me I have been through this process numerous times and when you visit schools and meet parents from other clubs they are in awe of the opportunities afforded our YJ girls.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303301 06/25/20 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they were as good as everyone says they are they would have been able to carry their teams last summer like the CT Grizzly girl carries that team. In the end they did not and both teams looked average against average competition. They are good players but they don’t make their team or teammates better. TG had major injuries to multiple starters and still only lost 3 games all summer.

Play for a team that has a competitive schedule and solid coaching. In addition you and your daughter will have to do some leg work contacting coaches and getting camp dates for the schools you are interested in. It also is huge to have someone from your clubs administration who will advocate for your daughter.

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

Any questions ? ................This is why you play for Yellow Jackets..... Support, Exposure, Friendship, Experience, Contacts and some of the best families you will ever meet. Ask any 2021 parent if they were happy with the decision to play for the Yellow Jackets. Ask some parents from other areas if they were happy with their recruiting experience. Trust me I have been through this process numerous times and when you visit schools and meet parents from other clubs they are in awe of the opportunities afforded our YJ girls.

Umm...Ok, you do realize this is the 2023 girls thread? No questions, and nobody cares about your 2021 daughter and her experience. The same can be said for girls who play on other teams. Your post is irrelevant since this is a different age group with their own talents, and or lack there of.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #303311 06/25/20 05:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be any coaches at the UA150 or Nike 120 this year due to all the changes ?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #303312 06/25/20 05:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

Umm...Ok, you do realize this is the 2023 girls thread? No questions, and nobody cares about your 2021 daughter and her experience. The same can be said for girls who play on other teams. Your post is irrelevant since this is a different age group with their own talents, and or lack there of.

Go ask Bill or Shannon for help with recruitment.........let me know how that goes. Just keep writing your checks !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303313 06/25/20 05:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be any coaches at the UA150 or Nike 120 this year due to all the changes ?

This is nothing but a money grab in both instances. Get a Covid refund !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303314 06/25/20 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

Go ask Bill or Shannon for help with recruitment.........let me know how that goes. Just keep writing your checks !

Angry man hoping he can ride the YJ recruiting train knowing his daughter stinks! Good luck! Fortunately, my daughter doesn't need YJ, TG or anyone else to get her recruited. Her talents speak for itself.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #303315 06/25/20 07:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no better time than now to have the type of Club league for all the LI teams like Maryland does.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303317 06/25/20 09:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no better time than now to have the type of Club league for all the LI teams like Maryland does.

Agreed! Would be great for all. Iron sharpens iron! #strongislsnd

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #303319 06/25/20 10:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This would be the right and now ( no D1 coach contact till August 31, blackout extended till then...) only way your kid is going to be seen this summer because tourneys are going to be cancelled, so make it known to your teams that you want this or there will be no lacrosse for anyones kids this summer

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303320 06/25/20 10:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's 23 spots give or take, CJ takes checks from 100+ parents at any given age group. do the math, unless your kid is top team, you little. If your on "B" list teams, you at least get to play top teams and show your stuff against top teams...perhaps light up on someones radar...then get the full force of that teams recruitment help...i'd take my chances with Legacy or Elevate doing the right thing...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303324 06/26/20 08:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! Would be great for all. Iron sharpens iron! #strongislsnd

My daughter did one last year on LI . .some YJ teams were in it some jesters there was another one in Nassau county . but that was I think town teams. It would be great to have a league like MD it is so needed

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303368 06/27/20 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

I appreciate someone sharing their experiences so that others may benefit. Seeing the success that certain clubs are able to achieve on a regular basis is very valuable to someone going through the process for the first time. I would love to hear from you about your clubs experience with regard to recruiting. Since 2021 is the last year to have been recruited it is the most recent information available.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #303457 07/01/20 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA tryout date set for July 30

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 26 1 2 22 23 24 25 26