BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should really go on top of the mountain and preach so everybody can hear you! Repent sinner!

https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/default/files/public/documents/safety/return-to-play-final-1.pdf

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If people complain then it will be enforced, taking a blind eye and saying nothing can put people at risk. The whole point is to not have another outbreak involving our kids so your theory on letting all the tournaments happen so we can say that "we told you so" is not what we want. e-mail Steve Bellone and Laura Curren, I evidently can not post there e-mail address because the moderator wont allow. Just go online and speak up before it's too late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not going to get into refunds or safety of the children. I'm going to talk reality, if there is now a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering New York, how are these travel programs going to play in tournaments where teams from all over the country come to play lacrosse? the answer is they are NOT. So why do these program directors insist in making believe that the season is still alive? For one reason MONEY. I want my kid playing and practicing with his friends and teammates but as long as the restrictions are in place I thing its not gonna happen.

The order — a “joint travel advisory” with the two other states — would take effect at midnight, Mr. Cuomo said on Wednesday. He said the quick implementation was aimed at preventing a rush of travelers trying to avoid the requirement, which currently applied to Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas and Utah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If people complain then it will be enforced, taking a blind eye and saying nothing can put people at risk. The whole point is to not have another outbreak involving our kids so your theory on letting all the tournaments happen so we can say that "we told you so" is not what we want. e-mail Steve Bellone and Laura Curren, I evidently can not post there e-mail address because the moderator wont allow. Just go online and speak up before it's too late.

Your response is so 2020. You 't think it is right so you assume everyone else thinks it's wrong so let's go ahead and hit the cancel button because your opinion is more valid then everyone else's who wants to play. Quick, I don't like something, grab the pitch forks and torches and start complaining. The moderators should not allow contact info on here. Us lax parents are psycho's, there will be 10 year old kids phone numbers and emails splashed on here in no time. Kudos to them for keeping that garbage out of here.

I wouldn't risk it right now (practice) unless it's at someones home. I know the county (S) received several complaints about this subject and one, if not more organizations will be fined. The county isn't relying on one practice, several practice locations are being recorded (video) along with the vehicles of parents (license plate numbers), children exiting to a practice location and parents picking up afterwards. Be careful people you can't say you didn't know when you're slapped with a fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your response is so 2020. You 't think it is right so you assume everyone else thinks it's wrong so let's go ahead and hit the cancel button because your opinion is more valid then everyone else's who wants to play. Quick, I don't like something, grab the pitch forks and torches and start complaining. The moderators should not allow contact info on here. Us lax parents are psycho's, there will be 10 year old kids phone numbers and emails splashed on here in no time. Kudos to them for keeping that garbage out of here.

I wouldn't risk it right now (practice) unless it's at someones home. I know the county (S) received several complaints about this subject and one, if not more organizations will be fined. The county isn't relying on one practice, several practice locations are being recorded (video) along with the vehicles of parents (license plate numbers), children exiting to a practice location and parents picking up afterwards. Be careful people you can't say you didn't know when you're slapped with a fine.

Do you read what you write. Video taping parents and kids and “turning them in”. Are you kidding. Buttman Cuomo having police pull cars over with out of state plates-patently illegal. If you want to give up your liberty go right ahead but I hope that most people will not give up their freedom and liberty. Your opinion is scary.

Red light cameras were suppose to be illegal too, what happen? There was a county car parked where our practice was held Tuesday evening. Small Ford SUV with blacked out windows. They (2 women) were clearly there for us. My wife is having a fit over this. If the County comes in while the kids are practicing, I hope the club will pick up the fines given to the parents. It is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I couldn't tell if this was a joke or not?! The county is video taping practice location and taking down license plate numbers??!! Haha.. I pray the 'authorities' have something better to do with their time.. Or at least something more productive on the taxpayers dime..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the NXT Summer Invitational on July 11 is happening? Seems crazy to think in 2 weeks there would be a big lacrosse tournament but I don't think they've cancelled/postponed yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DE Gov just announced delayed opening....this isn't going to help with all the lax tournaments they are scheduling at Deturf in July and Aug. Just one more reason my girls won't have 4 tournaments this year. The clubs should provide something back to us.

Governor Carney Announces Delay in Phase 3 of Economic Reopening

Thursday, June 25: Governor Carney announced a delay in moving to Phase 3 of Delaware’s economic reopening, and issued the following statement:

“I know many Delawareans expected us to move into Phase 3 of economic reopening on Monday, June 29 – and that had been my hope, as well. But we are delaying that decision so we can get a better handle on what’s going on in Delaware and around the country. We intend to make a decision early next week regarding the start of Phase 3.

“Too many Delawareans and visitors are not following basic public health precautions. We’ve heard and seen concerns especially in our beach communities, in restaurants, in gyms, and at sporting events. Now’s not the time to let up. You’re required to wear a mask in public settings. Keep your distance from those outside your household. These are common sense steps that, frankly, are not that difficult to follow. And they’re a small price to pay for keeping our friends and relatives out of the hospital.

“Today, we held a COVID-19 testing event in Rehoboth Beach. Results of that event should help us determine infection rates in our coastal communities. We’ll be monitoring this data – as well as compliance with public health requirements like mask-wearing and social distancing – as we make a determination about when Phase 3 should begin.

“In Delaware, we are beating this disease. We have flattened the curve. But that’s because Delawareans stayed home and made significant sacrifices to keep others safe. Make no mistake: COVID-19 has not gone away. We’ve seen what has happened in other states when folks let their guard down. Let’s not be one of those states.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what do you cheery gentlemen think of the DE Sports Complex? 12 turf fields, many of which have lights for night games! I am so looking forward to an August tournament there!

... oh, wait. I am so irresponsible. Having 20 kids in helmets, face masks, mouthpieces, gloves, playing in fresh air and sunlight, with tons of UV rays, this is a major risk. As opposed to tens of thousands of adults packed closely together with no masks on... because they are protesting a good cause. (You can substitute the Republican Convention for the protestors, if that makes you feel better! This is apolitical!)

Bottom line is this. The curve was flattened, which we were told was the goal when this all started. There were projections that 40% or more of the country would eventually get it, so the strategy was to at least slow it down so that the hospitals weren’t overrun like they were in Italy. This was already accomplished, especially for New Yorkers. Stopping boys lacrosse will have virtually zero effect on the spread of COVID-19. Look at the WHO transmission data for youths..

If people want to stay home, then do it. If people want to RESPONSIBLY partake in kids sports tournaments, then they can do it. This is freaking America. If you are too big a IAmInSecure to wear a face cover in in 90 degree weather, then stay home. Who cares about face offs..

Okay, have a great time...

What now?
https://news.delaware.gov/2020/06/2...-delay-in-phase-3-of-economic-reopening/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop drinking the cement because you want to believe it is water. No tourneys, No refunds. Move on. Find something else to do. Its over for a while. At least you have your cool Club team Tee shirt to sport....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think Igloo will be canceling tryouts and keeping our money we paid for registration?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHY WOULD YOU PAY FOR ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop drinking the cement because you want to believe it is water. No tourneys, No refunds. Move on. Find something else to do. Its over for a while. At least you have your cool Club team Tee shirt to sport....

What else do we do? Lacrosse is our main and only activity. My kids are even tired of riding their bikes, let alone my oldest one can't even ride one. It's easy to pack up the car for tournaments each weekend. Also, gives us time with other lax parents to eat and drink. Tell you the truth, I detest being stuck together alone with each other this long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls lady jackets just sent out an e-mail. no tryouts next year, teams will stay the same. They will start having a few practices outdoors in a week or so. No tournaments, just some scrimmages among themselves in the Fall. No word on a $credit for next year yet BUT atleast they are not trying to force a season and put our kids at risk like other organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this was on the news: LACROSSE is not on the list!

Some youth sports deemed low risk can start up once again on July 6, after many saw most of their winter season and all of their spring season canceled by coronavirus.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo made the announcement after Long Island officials pushed for eased restrictions on kids with the school year ending, the weather getting warmer and new cases continuing to decrease.

Sports on the list included baseball, softball, field hockey, crew, cross country and gymnastic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think Igloo will be canceling tryouts and keeping our money we paid for registration?

they are the worst of the worst

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy is also having tryouts and they don't even evaluate. Don't register, you'll never get your money back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls lady jackets just sent out an e-mail. no tryouts next year, teams will stay the same. They will start having a few practices outdoors in a week or so. No tournaments, just some scrimmages among themselves in the Fall. No word on a $credit for next year yet BUT atleast they are not trying to force a season and put our kids at risk like other organizations.

Read it again. Pretty explicit that there will be no refunds with the link to the refund policy in the email.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read it again. Pretty explicit that there will be no refunds with the link to the refund policy in the email.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/g...es/SportsAndRecreationMasterGuidance.pdf

"No contact lacrosse" Where are all the parents, along with the coaches, club owners who said tournaments will happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delaware Governor Carney Announces Delay in Phase 3 of Economic Reopening

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delaware Governor Carney Announces Delay in Phase 3 of Economic Reopening

Dispute the charge on your credit card. There's no lacrosse. Clubs were stringing people along like sheep. Dismantle entire travel lacrosse, allow only certain organizations to return. The power is with the people! Do not register for tryouts, shut them down!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously bro? You have ask how to entertain your kid? You should speak to a divorce attorney man, not a bunch of schleps on some watered down Lax site....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"No contact lacrosse" Where are all the parents, along with the coaches, club owners who said tournaments will happen?

I'll tell you where some parents are at.........Getting ready to watch their kids play two games this weekend after my kids practice tonight. Finally MD is good for something!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll tell you where some parents are at.........Getting ready to watch their kids play two games this weekend after my kids practice tonight. Finally MD is good for something!!!

Will the Turtles post their tryouts soon? With many teams shaking up, Turtles may be a viable option. Also, I figured they have their own practice facility, won't have to pay extra for SUSA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you read what you write. Video taping parents and kids and “turning them in”. Are you kidding. Buttman Cuomo having police pull cars over with out of state plates-patently illegal. If you want to give up your liberty go right ahead but I hope that most people will not give up their freedom and liberty. Your opinion is scary.

Red light cameras were suppose to be illegal too, what happen? There was a county car parked where our practice was held Tuesday evening. Small Ford SUV with blacked out windows. They (2 women) were clearly there for us. My wife is having a fit over this. If the County comes in while the kids are practicing, I hope the club will pick up the fines given to the parents. It is what it is.

fine for what. you can have groups of up to 25 people. you can social distance and not have to wear masks. kids on a lax field, 6' apart, whats wrong with that. the biggest question is, how many kids are really getting sick. the whole Kawasaki disease died down really quick once the rioter, looters and protestors came along and everyone attention span quickly changed.

how many club teams have started to charge more money, or additional fees so far since they can start back up on July 6th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the summer season is over. No coaches allowed to watch kids at tournaments. I feel really bad for the 2022s. Phones will not be ringing Sept. 1. College coaches have so much uncertainty. Some clubs are still trying to jam in practices up to 5 times a week so they can justify the club fee. This is absolutely ridiculous. Season is over, everyone knows it. Do the right thing and give the refund, it’s the right thing to do. Hopefully there will be some LI summer leagues so the kids can keep fresh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pump the brakes dude. No need to go off the edge like a lemming. Yes, it’s a difficult situation for the 22’s, however most top level D1 have already seen their top choices.

Coaches have been given free video footage for all tournament games. As a club coach I feel that could be better for our players and college coaches. Less stress! It will all work out for sure. Yes, this is a difficult situation. I feel bad for the 2020 grads in both HS and college that never got to play out their senior season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way they are going to allow movement between states so my bet is its local or it ain't happening

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids are playing as we speak dingleberry!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids are playing as we speak dingleberry!

I think the person is saying, there isn't a FULL contingent of participants at these events during these crazy times. If you think about it, at this point college coaches are concentrating on the uncertainty of their schools program.
https://www.uslacrosse.org/blog/exp...the-altered-college-recruiting-landscape

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non contact lacrosse is NOT lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non contact lacrosse is NOT lacrosse!

Many kids love this type of game play. Mine wants to wait until regular play resumes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop spreading rumors, you can't register for tryouts on the Igloo website currently

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop spreading rumors, you can't register for tryouts on the Igloo website currently

They (Igloo) must of just shut it down, because I registered my kid. Hope I get a refund!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RULES FOR G8 from website. Have fun....Summer 2020 Age Groups Dates and Times:
2022’s: Friday July 10th, 8am – 2:45pm & Saturday July 11th, 8:00am – 11:45am
2023’s: Saturday July 11th, 4:15pm – 8:45pm & Sunday July 12th, 8:00am – 2:45pm
2024’s: Friday July 10th, 2:45pm – 8:45 pm & Saturday July 11th, 12:30pm – 4:15pm
4 turf field complex with all fields side by side.
Each team will have 5 games on full fields. 3 games one day, 2 another day.

ALL teams will play in flighted pools based on competition level that is chosen by the coach/club manager.

Timing: For 2020 only, each team will have THREE games. Games will be 22-minute halves with a running clock. There will be a three-minute half time and three minutes between games. (50 minute blocks)

Two 20-minute halves with a running clock. There will be a 2-minute half time and 3 minutes between games. (45 minute blocks)

All teams should be warmed up and ready to take the field for their next game.

There will be one central horn used for all timing.
1 horn to signify the beginning of the game.
1 horn to signify the beginning and end of halftime.
1 horn to signify the end of the game.

Rules: G8 will follow all US Lacrosse & NFHS Rules as it pertains to each age level with the following tournament specific modifications:

THE DRAW

The game will start with a coin toss between the officials and a coach from each time (maintaining 6 feet of distance between all parties). Team listed second on the schedule, makes the call of Heads or Tails on the coin toss. The winner of the coin toss selects: possession to start the game/possession to start the second half OR direction. The non-winning coach selects what the winning coach did not.

POSSESSION after a goal
We will not take traditional draws. The GK will use her stick to retrieve the ball from the back of the net and roll it back to center (may be relayed back, but all players use a stick, not a hand to advance the ball). The center, from the team that did not score, will start with the ball on the center line and the defense may be 4M away in any direction. The official will whistle to indicate the restart, once both teams are set up. The line up may be 4D, 3M, 4A but teams may adjust to 5D, 3M, 3A or 3D, 3M, 5A. But no greater line up adjustments may be made.
There are NO timeouts

During an injury timeout, clock will run.

You're kidding me?

8-meter shots will be played out if the horn sounds for the end of the game or half. If the 8-meter free position is already in play when the game horn sounds, then the game is done at the time of the horn; if ball crosses the goal line after the game horn sounds, the ruling is NO GOAL (same as USL.)

Alternate possession – The team listed first on the schedule receives the first alternate possession. After the initial possession is awarded, the possession will then alternate.

1 Yellow card – the player must sit for 2 minutes, running clock, the official will keep time.
2 Yellow cards – the player must sit the remainder of the game. And may return to the next game.
RED card (Player) – The player must sit the remainder of the game and the NEXT game.
RED card (Coach) – the coach must leave the game and remain away from the game until the completion of the game.

Scorekeeping:

Scores will NOT be kept.

There will be a flip chart and score sheet on all fields.

Officials will record the scores and coaches will sign off on them.

Coaches are responsible for changing the flip charts. All official scores will be kept at tournament headquarters.

Inclement Weather Policy:

Inclement weather is out of the control of tournament directors, officials and site managers. Safety is our number one concern. In the event of thunder and/or lightening, all games will be suspended for 30 minutes from the last occurrence. Games will resume at their regularly scheduled time. No games will be made up or delayed.

The tournament will be held in the rain. In the event of heavy rain, it is up to the tournament directors, officials and site managers as to whether the field(s) is/are deemed safe to play on.

I guess the girls are being sold the same bill of goods

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They (Igloo) must of just shut it down, because I registered my kid. Hope I get a refund!

I wouldn’t worry about it, the director Of Igloo is a stand up guy and honest as they come

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why wouldnt you get your $ back for a tryout that doesnt happen? But stay on point: Your not getting a refund for this season, the season that never happened...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn’t worry about it, the director Of Igloo is a stand up guy and honest as they come

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Other than Igloo, have any other clubs sent any information concerning tryouts, summer, fall, credits, refunds etc?

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard