BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So igloo sends out an email that after one practice since March, that we can not have anymore until at least the week of 7/6. They still have tryouts scheduled for July for $150, so let’s try to cram the whole season down these poor boys neck in 4 weeks just to justify tuition. What a joke, when will any club do the right thing?

Out of control!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So igloo sends out an email that after one practice since March, that we can not have anymore until at least the week of 7/6. They still have tryouts scheduled for July for $150, so let’s try to cram the whole season down these poor boys neck in 4 weeks just to justify tuition. What a joke, when will any club do the right thing?

Out of control!

AA is a joke. He'll rip you off at any cost. The almighty gets the heir to Providence. I'd think for all the hype and high club cost every year that he'd be able to get the kids into Duke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 lacrosse window is almost completely closed. The right thing would be to send an email out. This is the exact email I would send if I was in charge of a club sports team. This is fair to the clubs. This is fair to the parents. It’s not an exact science. No need to be a poindexter and start whipping out calculators.

Families, due to the unforeseen circumstances we are going through, hopefully we can start up again in Sept. We will be issuing refunds for 1/3 of the season OR a 50% credit for next season.for kids who wish to remain on our club. Make sure the kids keep the sticks in their hands to stay sharp. Stay safe, enjoy your summer.

In my opinion, the club that does this will be applauded and eventually rewarded for doing the honorable thing. This is what I would do. Businesses always go through tough times once in awhile. This is a once in a lifetime situation. Club sports is a business. Avoiding a business hit at this time is unavoidable. Jumping through hoops like this to try and keep this going is looking ridiculous. Live to fight another day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 lacrosse window is almost completely closed. The right thing would be to send an email out. This is the exact email I would send if I was in charge of a club sports team. This is fair to the clubs. This is fair to the parents. It’s not an exact science. No need to be a poindexter and start whipping out calculators.

Families, due to the unforeseen circumstances we are going through, hopefully we can start up again in Sept. We will be issuing refunds for 1/3 of the season OR a 50% credit for next season.for kids who wish to remain on our club. Make sure the kids keep the sticks in their hands to stay sharp. Stay safe, enjoy your summer.

In my opinion, the club that does this will be applauded and eventually rewarded for doing the honorable thing. This is what I would do. Businesses always go through tough times once in awhile. This is a once in a lifetime situation. Club sports is a business. Avoiding a business hit at this time is unavoidable. Jumping through hoops like this to try and keep this going is looking ridiculous. Live to fight another day.

Agreed!!! All our club has done is say they're "working on it". What that actually means is that they are scrambling for a way to provide the service so they won't have to refund. We will start pracing next week but in small groups without contact. We can do that ourselves, no need to travel all over the place for that. Almost as bad as these desperate college grads offering online "virtual" clinics! Is this for real? Any one that dense, I have some snakeoil to sell you too. Another observation is that clubs are trading top notch recruiting tournaments for lame local "playdates" and think we don't know the difference! Please stop and just give us our money back!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed!!! All our club has done is say they're "working on it". What that actually means is that they are scrambling for a way to provide the service so they won't have to refund. We will start pracing next week but in small groups without contact. We can do that ourselves, no need to travel all over the place for that. Almost as bad as these desperate college grads offering online "virtual" clinics! Is this for real? Any one that dense, I have some snakeoil to sell you too. Another observation is that clubs are trading top notch recruiting tournaments for lame local "playdates" and think we don't know the difference! Please stop and just give us our money back!!!!!

Our club is offering the same. Then they want to plan a tournament in Delaware, coin flip, no contact, stay 5 yards away from the next player. Also, parents don your mask while watching, mid July in 90+ degree heat. No thank you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what do you cheery gentlemen think of the DE Sports Complex? 12 turf fields, many of which have lights for night games! I am so looking forward to an August tournament there!

... oh, wait. I am so irresponsible. Having 20 kids in helmets, face masks, mouthpieces, gloves, playing in fresh air and sunlight, with tons of UV rays, this is a major risk. As opposed to tens of thousands of adults packed closely together with no masks on... because they are protesting a good cause. (You can substitute the Republican Convention for the protestors, if that makes you feel better! This is apolitical!)

Bottom line is this. The curve was flattened, which we were told was the goal when this all started. There were projections that 40% or more of the country would eventually get it, so the strategy was to at least slow it down so that the hospitals weren’t overrun like they were in Italy. This was already accomplished, especially for New Yorkers. Stopping boys lacrosse will have virtually zero effect on the spread of COVID-19. Look at the WHO transmission data for youths..

If people want to stay home, then do it. If people want to RESPONSIBLY partake in kids sports tournaments, then they can do it. This is freaking America. If you are too big a IAmInSecure to wear a face cover in in 90 degree weather, then stay home. Who cares about face offs..

Okay, have a great time...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what do you cheery gentlemen think of the DE Sports Complex? 12 turf fields, many of which have lights for night games! I am so looking forward to an August tournament there!

... oh, wait. I am so irresponsible. Having 20 kids in helmets, face masks, mouthpieces, gloves, playing in fresh air and sunlight, with tons of UV rays, this is a major risk. As opposed to tens of thousands of adults packed closely together with no masks on... because they are protesting a good cause. (You can substitute the Republican Convention for the protestors, if that makes you feel better! This is apolitical!)

Bottom line is this. The curve was flattened, which we were told was the goal when this all started. There were projections that 40% or more of the country would eventually get it, so the strategy was to at least slow it down so that the hospitals weren’t overrun like they were in Italy. This was already accomplished, especially for New Yorkers. Stopping boys lacrosse will have virtually zero effect on the spread of COVID-19. Look at the WHO transmission data for youths..

If people want to stay home, then do it. If people want to RESPONSIBLY partake in kids sports tournaments, then they can do it. This is freaking America. If you are too big a IAmInSecure to wear a face cover in in 90 degree weather, then stay home. Who cares about face offs..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All over the news today.LSU football and Clemson football. Several players tested positive for Covid. The teams are quarantining now. Good chance there may not be football in the fall. Youth sports is supposed to be a happy, fun, enjoyable atmosphere. To play or try to play in this environment just feels wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, so give us a choice. I’ll take the refund. I am not interested in my kid partaking in a sub par tournament. Waste of time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't want your kids to play then don't, they don't have to play! With the modified rules it's kinda like playing a scrimmage anyway and with not having a faceoff the game will go quicker and the kids will get more playing time. Stay home hiding in the corner with your Botox face and your husbands growth hormone arms and his spindly legs,haha!

You know nothing about the game, most importantly your own life. Pathetic! Maybe your kid is at a point where you will drive 3+ hours for him to squeeze in a days scrimmage. Not mine.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would I drive to Delaware when coaches can’t recruit? The only reason these tournaments are still being held is so clubs can keep their money. Wake up!! And what about the FOGOs? Do they get refunds? Big mess!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no Delaware..There is no Maryland.... There is no refund. Lax on crazy lax parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you guys have to wear face masks outdoors?

Always. Even while driving. Wear it while in bed with the wife also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would I drive to Delaware when coaches can’t recruit? The only reason these tournaments are still being held is so clubs can keep their money. Wake up!! And what about the FOGOs? Do they get refunds? Big mess!!

so wait, based on this logic - why bother playing sports unless there is a recruiter there? Wow... talk about some flawed thinking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line is this. The curve was flattened, which we were told was the goal when this all started. There were projections that 40% or more of the country would eventually get it, so the strategy was to at least slow it down so that the hospitals weren’t overrun like they were in Italy. This was already you, especially for New Yorkers. Stopping boys lacrosse will have virtually zero effect on the spread of COVID-19. Look at the WHO transmission data for youths..

Not bad statement except FOGOs and LSMs care a lot about faceoffs because, you know, its part of the game. Who wants to play quasi lax? Alternate possessions on loose balls if 2 players are too close to each other? Forget about where you stand on the virus, starting to sound like a big waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so wait, based on this logic - why bother playing sports unless there is a recruiter there? Wow... talk about some flawed thinking.

If I’m driving out of state and spending $$ on gas, tolls and hotel rooms...then YES!!

No college coaches, modified play. I'm with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All over the news today.LSU football and Clemson football. Several players tested positive for Covid. The teams are quarantining now. Good chance there may not be football in the fall. Youth sports is supposed to be a happy, fun, enjoyable atmosphere. To play or try to play in this environment just feels wrong.

I am surprised nobody has really picked up on the little gems in this US Lax Magazine article...for example:

“The issue is incredibly complex,” Danowski said. .....(shortened to end of paragraph).......If football doesn’t happen in the fall, we won’t even be worried about recruiting. There will be no lacrosse at the Division 1 level. They make the money that allows the rest of us to do what we do.”

Link here: https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/colle...the-altered-college-recruiting-landscape

Tell that to the folks still wanting to drive to Delaware for a modified tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am surprised nobody has really picked up on the little gems in this US Lax Magazine article...for example:

“The issue is incredibly complex,” Danowski said. .....(shortened to end of paragraph).......If football doesn’t happen in the fall, we won’t even be worried about recruiting. There will be no lacrosse at the Division 1 level. They make the money that allows the rest of us to do what we do.”

Link here: https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/colle...the-altered-college-recruiting-landscape

Tell that to the folks still wanting to drive to Delaware for a modified tournament.

By far the best post here...there are only (2) sports that make money for college athletic programs, Basketball and Football. They already lost Basketball in March when the NCAA tournament was cancelled. If college football is cancelled it will be such a big double whammy that you will see so many of these peripheral sports cancelled for the year and perhaps for good.

Think about it, are the colleges more worried about their athletics programs or getting their tuition for school? I agree with these possible make shift summer tournaments. Travel lacrosse is a big business and the money train effects a lot of pockets. Those that usually make money in the summer are just trying to get something out of this summer.

And many are trying to hold onto their something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when tryouts are scheduled for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah! Blah blah blah, every year it's the same thing on this website! i come on to get some info about tournes and such, and always have to deal with some crazy lax parent telling something we already know! Now with the virus it's even worse. If you feel it's not right for the kids to play then don't do it! Everybody knows travel lax is like gambling with the devil! No contract, no rule or promise that you kid will get equal playing time or won't get cut the next season. It's been like this since travel started and lax was always a rich kids sport with nothing at the end!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By far the best post here...there are only (2) sports that make money for college athletic programs, Basketball and Football. They already lost Basketball in March when the NCAA tournament was cancelled. If college football is cancelled it will be such a big double whammy that you will see so many of these peripheral sports cancelled for the year and perhaps for good.

Think about it, are the colleges more worried about their athletics programs or getting their tuition for school? I agree with these possible make shift summer tournaments. Travel lacrosse is a big business and the money train effects a lot of pockets. Those that usually make money in the summer are just trying to get something out of this summer.

And many are trying to hold onto their something.

Speaking of the above. Did not expect this type of announcement so already. Let’s hope it’s not a trend.

Bowdoin College made a big announcement regarding fall athletics.

The NESCAC institution announced that “due to limits on campus attendance,” all sports in the upcoming fall semester have been canceled. There remains the “opportunity for the winter, spring and possibly fall varsity athletes to participate and compete in some form after January 1.”

This means no fall ball for Bowdoin. On the positive side, there will be no elimination of programs and no furloughs or cuts in the athletic department.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A gamble with playing time, yes. A gamble if you like the coach, yes. A gamble the team might not be good, yes. Nobody in the world was gambling the season would be over by March. Numbers are spiking throughout the country. You are delusional to think there will be tournaments in the next 2 months. I’m not being negative. I’m being realistic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delaware shouldn't even be in anyone's sights. It's one of the states with the largest uptick of new Covid cases.
Keep it local, keep it safe.
There will be time for 1-2 local tournaments, then call it a day.
For all the tough talk, you all know you'll be right back at the trough for the next season.
Accept your partial credit towards next year and move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey meatheads, it isnt about the lousy lax that you overpaid for or the refunds that you are never getting. It is about the uncertainty of this Covid Environment and doing what is best for the kids. If throwing them on a field in the August heat to play "Non contact and adequate spacing" lacrosse is your cup of tea then God Bless! Enjoy the 8 hr round trip drive in 1 day for a glorified walk thru at out-of-state tournament. And if you are against it and feel Covid is going to explode again and you want to avoid possible issues then keep your kid home. Its that simple. Everyone has their opinion, right or wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey meatheads, it isnt about the lousy lax that you overpaid for or the refunds that you are never getting. It is about the uncertainty of this Covid Environment and doing what is best for the kids. If throwing them on a field in the August heat to play "Non contact and adequate spacing" lacrosse is your cup of tea then God Bless! Enjoy the 8 hr round trip drive in 1 day for a glorified walk thru at out-of-state tournament. And if you are against it and feel Covid is going to explode again and you want to avoid possible issues then keep your kid home. Its that simple. Everyone has their opinion, right or wrong.

If you paid for a product that you didn't receive that's ok?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, if you want to skirt up and stay inside, by all means, there are plenty of instructional knitting videos to get you through the tough times. By the time you come out it will be winter and you will be fully stocked with scarves and hats. It's a win win for everyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe post this on another page or 2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, now you raged, now go and knock down another statue!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, if you want to skirt up and stay inside, by all means, there are plenty of instructional knitting videos to get you through the tough times. By the time you come out it will be winter and you will be fully stocked with scarves and hats. It's a win win for everyone

Not to mention Vitamin D deprived and primed to kick off a nasty "2nd Wave" right in the middle of flu season.

It's funny how some, no, most can't think for themselves. Do whats best for you and family alone. What ever you decide, don't justify your decision to anyone, especially on this forum. Some are over grown H.S. teenagers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the only club who won't refund is Igloo because they'll be practicing three days a week starting July. Anyone know any other start ups?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets play a game:

NO R _F_N D S!!!

Would you like to buy a vowel for $200? For the dopes above a vowel is either A,E,I O or U......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just can’t get over how much people go on and on about refunds. First let me say, yes, I agree, there should be refunds or credits. Second and I’m being brutally honest here. If you get a partial refund or credit, it’s probably in the 1000 dollar range. If this 1000 bucks is so important to you, club sports isn’t something your family will enjoy. I have 3 kids, they all play club lax and have for years. I spent boatloads of money on this over the years. My kids love it, that’s why I do it. Some of the money was well spent, some not very well spent. At times I thought we were getting ripped off. Fees for this, fees for that. Additional tournament fees. Additional indoor field fees. Sweatshirt fees. It goes on and on. These clubs are after everyone’s money and we all know this. We deal with these salesman coaches and directors because our kids love it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its about time parents stick up for whats wrong with travel lacrosse, it has become all business and no longer about the children that play. There is a true threat with the Covid cases spiking through out the US and its only a matter of time before Long island gets hit again. Putting our children at risk because travel organizations don't want to refund/credit or save a roster spot for next year is not how business should be done. If you purchase something and it is not what you ordered you bring it back for a refund, the money we spent on our travel programs is a whole new level of expense that alot of us can't afford and these travel organizations have us handcuffed into trying to squeeze a season in. I for one will not let this happen quietly. Covid is real, having youth wear masks and participate in extreme heat in tournament play is going to cause heat stroke and other health issues. I have started contacting the legislature and I implore you to follow. I have named teams that are practicing (Shore to Shore, Legacy, Team 91) and from the feedback I am receiving my concerns are not falling on deaf ears. lets please all do the same and stop this before one of our youngsters gets ill.
contact infobutt.com to start and report any youth practices and locations ASAP
Thank you and hopefully a cure will happen soon and we can resume sports safely

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
infobutt.com

This is the e-mail for Steve Bellone, not sure what happened when I posted it on last post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its about time parents stick up for whats wrong with travel lacrosse, it has become all business and no longer about the children that play. There is a true threat with the Covid cases spiking through out the US and its only a matter of time before Long island gets hit again. Putting our children at risk because travel organizations don't want to refund/credit or save a roster spot for next year is not how business should be done. If you purchase something and it is not what you ordered you bring it back for a refund, the money we spent on our travel programs is a whole new level of expense that alot of us can't afford and these travel organizations have us handcuffed into trying to squeeze a season in. I for one will not let this happen quietly. Covid is real, having youth wear masks and participate in extreme heat in tournament play is going to cause heat stroke and other health issues. I have started contacting the legislature and I implore you to follow. I have named teams that are practicing (Shore to Shore, Legacy, Team 91) and from the feedback I am receiving my concerns are not falling on deaf ears. lets please all do the same and stop this before one of our youngsters gets ill.
contact infobutt.com to start and report any youth practices and locations ASAP
Thank you and hopefully a cure will happen soon and we can resume sports safely

I have seen multiple teams practicing on the same field, so around 40 kids. Full team practice with coach, pinnies etc. While this was happening Nassau police drive right next to the field, take a look and drive on. Nobody is enforcing anything so don't waste your time. Government tells you one thing on TV and then does the opposite.

I say let them all practice and attend massive tournaments. Let the numbers spike through the roof. Then come fall, when Gov. Andy keeps the schools closed people will only have themselves to blame. The majority of the parents think it was hard having their kids home in March, wait until September, at the start of a new school year. Parents think only short term, Gov Andy will love for the numbers to spike in order to keep the kids home in September in order to roll out his foreseeable educational plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse Stage 5 (tournament) recommendations coming out any day now. They hold the insurance for our players. I think their recommendations will be very conservative and limiting. Do you think tournaments will defy their guidelines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not going to get into refunds or safety of the children. I'm going to talk reality, if there is now a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering New York, how are these travel programs going to play in tournaments where teams from all over the country come to play lacrosse? the answer is they are NOT. So why do these program directors insist in making believe that the season is still alive? For one reason MONEY. I want my kid playing and practicing with his friends and teammates but as long as the restrictions are in place I thing its not gonna happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the midwest, the tournaments are occurring as normal. No changes at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sooooooo true! sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The directors will keep selling it as long as the ignorant parents keep buying it. Dont detest the playa, detest the parents! Without them, none of this is possible smile Haaaa!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard