BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 42 1 2 38 39 40 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 91 practicing so they can get to Denver? Pot shops are open.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guarantee all these clubs resume soon as a half-hearted attempt to keep the rest of that "tuition" money that was paid. Ya know, they have to get ready for the season that is halfway over and is never resuming. Get those Reps in fellas! They are totally life changing for 13 yr old kids during a pandemic to which there is no cure or treatments to date! LAX ON!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids need to practice even if tournaments are a no go. Getting the kids active should be our priority right now (for kids mental state)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kids need to practice even if tournaments are a no go. Getting the kids active should be our priority right now (for kids mental state)

Kids are resilient, adults are less. Many times, kids feed off the emotional (mental state) of their parents. There are plenty of other interest besides lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids are resilient, adults are less. Many times, kids feed off the emotional (mental state) of their parents. There are plenty of other interest besides lax.

That is 100% true

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And a virus like covid 19 will feed on them and parents/coaches that rush it. Too many people putting their guard down too soon and for what? Practice? Let me know how it goes. Id rather let them keep my $ then put kids in a potentially harmful situation. Remember, club owners will do anything not to issue refunds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club Lacrosse preseason rankings look fairly accurate eh? Will be another exciting season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is rioting and looting permissible under Phase I or do they have to wait until Phase II? There seems to be some confusion out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Club Lacrosse preseason rankings look fairly accurate eh? Will be another exciting season.

I don't know - I had the team ranked #37 at 43, and the team tanked at #43 at 29. And I can't believe DraftKings added 13 y/o lacrosse to the betting tables. Is that even legal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know - I had the team ranked #37 at 43, and the team tanked at #43 at 29. And I can't believe DraftKings added 13 y/o lacrosse to the betting tables. Is that even legal?

I mean, why come on here talking about 2025 lacrosse. The nerve of them. Someone should make a website with a forum to discuss the topic

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Portnoy is announcing the tournaments this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, kids practicing in coaches yards, teams holding organized practices Dad coaches and no team pinnies allowed. You people have really lost your darn minds.

All for what? And the parents allow it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams will do anything possible to not send out refunds. It’s not surprising at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams will do anything possible to not send out refunds. It’s not surprising at all.

Agreed. It's shameful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLAME THE PARENTS. THEY ALLOW IT!!! HATS OFF TO THE FEW PARENTS THAT SACKED UP AND STOOD THEIR GROUND. Their kids will be the better players then the kids practicing during a pandemic. Print THAT!! And those rankings are a joke. Anyone that takes those seriously probably thinks the kids will be playing tournaments this summer. It's still LI Exp and then everyone else. Rank that!

Yes indeed! People don't see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like a rebels thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLAME THE PARENTS. THEY ALLOW IT!!! HATS OFF TO THE FEW PARENTS THAT SACKED UP AND STOOD THEIR GROUND. Their kids will be the better players then the kids practicing during a pandemic. Print THAT!! And those rankings are a joke. Anyone that takes those seriously probably thinks the kids will be playing tournaments this summer. It's still LI Exp and then everyone else. Rank that!

FREEEEEEDOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! No organized sports allowed until July 6th. Thank you to the clubs and parents that refused to skirt the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams are practicing because they will be playing tournaments in 3 weeks. If you think that your child is at risk and would prefer he sit out the season, then that’s a personal decision and no one will fault you for it. But it’s your choice. If I choose the allow my son to practice and play in tournaments, then it’s my choice and Im prepared to deal with any repercussions. I’m confident that their will be none. I’m happy the season is going to happen. My son is happy. His teammates and friends are happy. Most teams, with the exception of 91 (and best I can tell it’s just their 2025 teams) started last week or earlier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because tournaments are scheduled, its still a maybe at this point. Fall sports are also a maybe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty simple you either send your kid or don't, but don't judge others for their decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty simple you either send your kid or don't, but don't judge others for their decision.

Who wants to or is happy to play with these modified lax rules.........waste of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who wants to or is happy to play with these modified lax rules.........waste of time.

My KID is happy to play. Really wants to. Isn't that what matters? Not a waste of time. Tough to find a kid who doesn't want to get back out there. Seems like YOU aren't happy about it. Thought this was about the kids? But I don't mind driving a few hours hanging out with other parents talking about 12 year old kids having a few drinks. What else is there to do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because tournaments are scheduled, its still a maybe at this point. Fall sports are also a maybe.

Okay, the parents at the tournament this weekend will certainly take note!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My KID is happy to play. Really wants to. Isn't that what matters? Not a waste of time. Tough to find a kid who doesn't want to get back out there. Seems like YOU aren't happy about it. Thought this was about the kids? But I don't mind driving a few hours hanging out with other parents talking about 12 year old kids having a few drinks. What else is there to do?

Exactly, my kid would go play a freaking non contact fiddle stick game in Nebraska to get back out playing lax with his friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s exactly what kids should be doing. Playing informally with friends. Trying to organize actual tournaments, when 25 percent of the team doesn’t show because of nervous parents. Then you have the modified rules factor. Then you can’t hang out and have fun laughing with your friends on sidelines. Hotels will be not happening. Can’t go have team dinners. It’s just he wrong environment. Playing fiddle sticks in Nebraska actually sounds more logical. It’s like watching a UFC fight, even the greatest fighters know at a certain point to tap out. 2020 summer lax may be at that point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% correct and everytime I hear fall sports I hope they go on but it ain't looking good.

BOWDOIN COLLEGE (NESCAC) school just cancelled ALL FALL SPORTS. Invariably other NESCAC schools will follow and its just a matter of time befre the inevitable happens.

The uncertainty surrounding the 2020 college football season is swirling, and one small school made big waves on Monday morning. Bowdoin College, an NCAA Division III school located in Brunswick, Maine, announced it will not participate in intercollegiate sports during the fall semester. The Polar Bears play in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC).

The decision comes on the same day that the school released a detailed plan on how students will return to campus. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will participate in remote learning classes during the fall semester, with a few exceptions. Freshmen, transfers, students who can't take classes remotely, senior honor students who can't properly participate with their work online, and residential life staff will be allowed on campus.

"This is one of the very disappointing outcomes of our plan," Bowdoin President Clayton Rose said in a statement. "Athletics is a central part of the Bowdoin experience for many of our students and for the College more generally. NESCAC has not yet determined what will happen with conference play or how coaches in this extraordinary semester may interact with athletes on fall, winter, and spring teams during the fall semester, but I am hopeful that there will be significant opportunities this fall for coaches to work with those athletes who are both on and off campus. Varsity athletes living on campus are likely to have in-person workout opportunities with coaches, but unfortunately, students living off campus will not be permitted to participate in on-campus workouts."

The school hopes for the "opportunity for the winter, spring, and possibly fall varsity athletes to participate and compete in some form after January 1."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% correct and everytime I hear fall sports I hope they go on but it ain't looking good.

BOWDOIN COLLEGE (NESCAC) school just cancelled ALL FALL SPORTS. Invariably other NESCAC schools will follow and its just a matter of time befre the inevitable happens.

The uncertainty surrounding the 2020 college football season is swirling, and one small school made big waves on Monday morning. Bowdoin College, an NCAA Division III school located in Brunswick, Maine, announced it will not participate in intercollegiate sports during the fall semester. The Polar Bears play in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC).

The decision comes on the same day that the school released a detailed plan on how students will return to campus. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will participate in remote learning classes during the fall semester, with a few exceptions. Freshmen, transfers, students who can't take classes remotely, senior honor students who can't properly participate with their work online, and residential life staff will be allowed on campus.

"This is one of the very disappointing outcomes of our plan," Bowdoin President Clayton Rose said in a statement. "Athletics is a central part of the Bowdoin experience for many of our students and for the College more generally. NESCAC has not yet determined what will happen with conference play or how coaches in this extraordinary semester may interact with athletes on fall, winter, and spring teams during the fall semester, but I am hopeful that there will be significant opportunities this fall for coaches to work with those athletes who are both on and off campus. Varsity athletes living on campus are likely to have in-person workout opportunities with coaches, but unfortunately, students living off campus will not be permitted to participate in on-campus workouts."

The school hopes for the "opportunity for the winter, spring, and possibly fall varsity athletes to participate and compete in some form after January 1."

Go to Tourneymachine app and sort to Lacrosse, Maryland, June. There is a tournament this weekend with multiple age brackets. Like it or not, it is happening and going to happen this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bodoin is a school full of wimps...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you go to the actual website for the tournament populated by Tourneymachine, it says:
"Due to COVID-19, all Millon Events have been moved back to the weekend of August 8th and 9th, 2020. Our 2026 through 2028 age groups will run at Troy Park in Elkridge, MD and our 2023-2025 age groups will run at Blandair Regional Park in Columbia, MD. Millon Events will continue to update your program directors and coaches with updates. As we get closer to the event and have a better idea of the amount of teams participating in each event, we will update all of our tournament rules, game formats, and policies. Thank you for your patience, and we hope to see you in August.

Best,
Millon Events"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey meatheads, it isnt about the lousy lax that you overpaid for or the refunds that you are never getting. It is about the uncertainty of this Covid Environment and doing what is best for the kids. If throwing them on a field in the August heat to play "Non contact and adequate spacing" lacrosse is your cup of tea then God Bless! Enjoy the 8 hr round trip drive in 1 day for a glorified walk thru at out-of-state tournament. And if you are against it and feel Covid is going to explode again and you want to avoid possible issues then keep your kid home. Its that simple. Everyone has their opinion, right or wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh yes, more intelligent responses. If this is the response to NESCAC schools cancelling fall sports versus lets work together to keep the curve flat, we will be lucky to play sports next spring without a vaccine. Someone will say fake news, someone else will say lemming, another will say stink it up and if you want to play then play and if you don't then don't BUT but the reality is once schools start cancelling sports there won't be A CHOICE!! I don't understand why people don't get that. At this point it isn't a parental decision (yes maybe practice is) but tournaments are not. They will up to local health officials and local towns REGARDLESS OF WHAT TOURNEY MACHINE or clubs say. I am not saying there wont be any games or tourneys. Someone will buck the trend BUT it won't be the majority and tournaments that are being pushed off will eventually be cancelled ESPECIALLY with the RISE OF CASES! For the record, my son is a rising junior and this summer was supposed to be his gateway to being recruited so he wanted him to play BUT LETS BE SMART and get healthy for NEXT SPRING!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey meatheads, it isnt about the lousy lax that you overpaid for or the refunds that you are never getting. It is about the uncertainty of this Covid Environment and doing what is best for the kids. If throwing them on a field in the August heat to play "Non contact and adequate spacing" lacrosse is your cup of tea then God Bless! Enjoy the 8 hr round trip drive in 1 day for a glorified walk thru at out-of-state tournament. And if you are against it and feel Covid is going to explode again and you want to avoid possible issues then keep your kid home. Its that simple. Everyone has their opinion, right or wrong.

NXT Philly July 11-12
Crabs Young Guns July 18-19
NLF 21st
The Pilly Classic Aug 8-9
LI Lax Fest Aug 14th

it's going to happen, until a kid that never gets on the field tests positive because dad is pissed about his playtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets just call it already and move on to next year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT Philly July 11-12
NLF 21st
LI Lax Fest Aug 14th

it's going to happen, until a kid that never gets on the field tests positive because dad is pissed about his playtime.

It is because of people with attitudes like this that I am embarrassed to tell people that my son plays this sport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhh yes, more intelligent responses. If this is the response to NESCAC schools cancelling fall sports versus lets work together to keep the curve flat, we will be lucky to play sports next spring without a vaccine. Someone will say fake news, someone else will say lemming, another will say stink it up and if you want to play then play and if you don't then don't BUT but the reality is once schools start cancelling sports there won't be A CHOICE!! I don't understand why people don't get that. At this point it isn't a parental decision (yes maybe practice is) but tournaments are not. They will up to local health officials and local towns REGARDLESS OF WHAT TOURNEY MACHINE or clubs say. I am not saying there wont be any games or tourneys. Someone will buck the trend BUT it won't be the majority and tournaments that are being pushed off will eventually be cancelled ESPECIALLY with the RISE OF CASES! For the record, my son is a rising junior and this summer was supposed to be his gateway to being recruited so he wanted him to play BUT LETS BE SMART and get healthy for NEXT SPRING!!!!!

Everyone does get it. The problem is, no one cares about your point and kids want to play and it is happening. So tell your rising junior he can sit at hone with mommy and daddy in the there bomb shelter until 2021 worried or go out and play. Fortunately in America we have the freedom to make those decisions and it sounds like yours is made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NXT Philly July 11-12
NLF 21st
LI Lax Fest Aug 14th

It is because of people with attitudes like this that I am embarrassed to tell people that my son plays this sport

Relax mom, the playtime was a joke. The testing isn't, all it's going to take is one positive test to shut it all down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy above is onto something. There wont be any tournaments or showcases. Your getting jerked buddy! You want to believe so badly but it aint happenning. Move on. Find some other way to embarrass your kid other than screaming from the sidelines

Jerked around by limited practices. Our team isn't practicing all together. Then the clubs wants us to commit to a tournament in Delaware mid July. Parents are holding on to something, what that something is, I don't know...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The N.Y. city marathon was just cancelled. This is in November. It’s been cancelled one other time in history, 2012 for hurricane Sandy. I wouldn’t read to much into tourney machine posting July and August tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY, NJ quarantine advisory expands to Delaware.

Page 40 of 42 1 2 38 39 40 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard