BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
8-10 is laughable. Be happy to get 5-6.

laughable?? You have seen the YJ thorn roster right? most talented team by far for the 2023 age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-10 is laughable. Be happy to get 5-6.

laughable?? You have seen the YJ thorn roster right? most talented team by far for the 2023 age group

😂😂 8-10?? They did gain a few very good girls from other teams. NOT original YJs. YJ has one original stud. Even so, they will now just be able to compete with the other top teams, who have basically been the same roster for years. So calm down there! And be careful of your bragging, the great additions to YJ, will only reduce the amount of time your daughter plays, so good luck with that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off, you position on this is laughable...you were good 6th grade through 8th so all of a sudden everyone should just stop trying to catch up?? Do you even know how this works...I've been down this road with two sons...people, you go to UA not to make the team...everybody knows that is rigged...especially the college coaches who attend...you go because the coaches show up to see who competes...thats it ladies and gents..they could care less who makes the team...only you parents do...I know 3 girls who were on this team last year who haven't grown an inch in two years...girls who have trailed off while others were growing stronger and bigger...Is this what your afraid of parents of YJ and TG, telling people not to bother...laughable...well, I say get your girls ready...because plenty of good players who have been waiting in the wings, playing for less prestigious teams are coming into their own, and UA is the place to shine, possibly at your kids expense...can't coast on the collective talent or of those around you, at UA you gotta be able to play well without the comfort zone of your YG or TG teammates... get ready for reality check... no body steps aside because you play for these teams...you gotta earn it...my daughter is ready to take your tiara...been training all COVID, have you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First off, you position on this is laughable...you were good 6th grade through 8th so all of a sudden everyone should just stop trying to catch up?? Do you even know how this works...I've been down this road with two sons...people, you go to UA not to make the team...everybody knows that is rigged...especially the college coaches who attend...you go because the coaches show up to see who competes...thats it ladies and gents..they could care less who makes the team...only you parents do...I know 3 girls who were on this team last year who haven't grown an inch in two years...girls who have trailed off while others were growing stronger and bigger...Is this what your afraid of parents of YJ and TG, telling people not to bother...laughable...well, I say get your girls ready...because plenty of good players who have been waiting in the wings, playing for less prestigious teams are coming into their own, and UA is the place to shine, possibly at your kids expense...can't coast on the collective talent or of those around you, at UA you gotta be able to play well without the comfort zone of your YG or TG teammates... get ready for reality check... no body steps aside because you play for these teams...you gotta earn it...my daughter is ready to take your tiara...been training all COVID, have you?

#hammerhead

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup! Everyday! Bring it on! Love your attitude, good luck to your daughter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]First off, you position on this is laughable...you were good 6th grade through 8th so all of a sudden everyone should just stop trying to catch up?? Do you even know how this works...I've been down this road with two sons...people, you go to UA not to make the team...everybody knows that is rigged...especially the college coaches who attend...you go because the coaches show up to see who competes...thats it ladies and gents..they could care less who makes the team...only you parents do...I know 3 girls who were on this team last year who haven't grown an inch in two years...girls who have trailed off while others were growing stronger and bigger...Is this what your afraid of parents of YJ and TG, telling people not to bother...laughable...well, I say get your girls ready...because plenty of good players who have been waiting in the wings, playing for less prestigious teams are coming into their own, and UA is the place to shine, possibly at your kids expense...can't coast on the collective talent or of those around you, at UA you gotta be able to play well without the comfort zone of your YG or TG teammates... get ready for reality check... no body steps aside because you play for these teams...you gotta earn it...my daughter is ready to take your tiara...been training all COVID, have you?

Sleeper Alert

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about Nike 120? Is it a good event or money grab?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You refuse to acknowledge that YJ has had much more talent than “one original stud” because you know the other studs make your daughter look even less talented.
Out of the 19 girls written up about after UA last year from All over the country, only 3 were from 2023. The Stud from Ct. Grizzlies and the two YJ girls. That’s out of hundreds of top talented players!!! These 2 young ladies are Studs on a team loaded with them. “Original YJ Stud” wasn’t even able to try out after carrying her HS team on fractured legs. Warrior !!

Add the YJ girls who came over from Igloo (2 seasons ago after 7th grade) who made UA and/or Team USA developmental along with twenty other Top caliber players and you get the most talented 2023 team by far. If you want to bellyache that any additions after 4th-7th grade create an asterisk because they were not “original” is absurd.

I remember reading posts back then that top talent would find its way to YJ and it certainly did. For the 8th-11th grade seasons, this team has been built into a juggernaut of talent. This does NOT take away that TG, M&D and Hero’s have been talented for years and the lower lever LI travel teams have 1 or 2 very talented players as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True story ! YJ 2023 is LOADED with talent. As hopefully most of you know , talent needs chemistry. If this teams does click, its over and they will be the best team in 2023. That's a big if. If everyone wants to be top dog, they will be difficult to watch. I think TG has a GREAT 2023 team (They have good talent and play very well as a unit and are tough to beat), along with CT Grizzlies (amazing talent on that team as well) M&D is always stacked along with Heros Green. I think this entire 2023 class will be a class to be remember in the years to come. I just hope at this point these kids can play and we can have these questions settled on the field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious can you list the past achievements of this talented YJ 23 team.
What is their record against:
MandD
Heroes
SW
Igloo
TG
YJB

I know it doesn't matter, I am just curious.

TTT Talent to Torch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you guys realize that parents say the same thing on here about every class? lol

Who cares who the best team is? College coaches don't. The top players will go to the top schools. That's all that matters. Show well when you have a chance to impress someone. Plenty of girls that were studs in 8th grade disappear and end up at lower level colleges. Keep working hard and save the bragging for when your daughter signs an LOI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MandD
Heroes
SW
Igloo
TG
YJB

TTT Talent to Torch

Since the full merger this team has only played in 2 fall tourneys.....going 5-0-1
Beating M&D and tying CT grizzlies

they will only get better;

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MandD
Heroes
SW
Igloo
TG
YJB

TTT Talent to Torch

Since the full merger this team has only played in 2 fall tourneys.....going 5-0-1

So... only YJ will get better? Granted they need to, but that is a a silly statement. ALL the top teams will be better! YJ will finally be competitive, due to the additions. Sadly the loyal friends & family girls on the bottom half of that roster (of 26) will rarely see playing time in meaningful games. My observation of this age group is that for most of the top teams they’re about 4/5 studs, but the whole team is solid and can get the job done. You remove the top 4/5 on the new and improved YJ team and they would have a tough time beating their B team. Top schools and scholarship money won’t run deep on that team. But 5 years from now the parents will be able to say “remember that time we beat TG & M&D” while cheering for their low level D1 daughter getting a 10% scholarship. Wake up!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MandD
Heroes
SW
Igloo
TG
YJB

TTT Talent to Torch

So... only YJ will get better? Granted they need to, but that is a a silly statement. ALL the top teams will be better! YJ will finally be competitive, due to the additions. Sadly the loyal friends & family girls on the bottom half of that roster (of 26) will rarely see playing time in meaningful games. My observation of this age group is that for most of the top teams they’re about 4/5 studs, but the whole team is solid and can get the job done. You remove the top 4/5 on the new and improved YJ team and they would have a tough time beating their B team. Top schools and scholarship money won’t run deep on that team. But 5 years from now the parents will be able to say “remember that time we beat TG & M&D” while cheering for their low level D1 daughter getting a 10% scholarship. Wake up!!

Time will certainly tell. And with the ridiculous tournament rules and guidelines; let’s hope these programs do the right thing and schedule games with each other. I know the Jesters will play anyone. All the kids I am sure want to play each other. Hopefully we can get the top 6-8 teams to agree to play each other in August at night.
Would be great.
Let the kids play.
Take top 6 teams and then the next 6 and just play each other and have some fun.
How great would fields of dreams on a Thursday night to see
Elevate vs Jesters
TG vs YJ
YJ B vs Legacy
Liberty vs Empire
No reason this can’t happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You refuse to acknowledge that YJ has had much more talent than “one original stud” because you know the other studs make your daughter look even less talented.
Out of the 19 girls written up about after UA last year from All over the country, only 3 were from 2023. The Stud from Ct. Grizzlies and the two YJ girls. That’s out of hundreds of top talented players!!! These 2 young ladies are Studs on a team loaded with them. “Original YJ Stud” wasn’t even able to try out after carrying her HS team on fractured legs. Warrior !!

Add the YJ girls who came over from Igloo (2 seasons ago after 7th grade) who made UA and/or Team USA developmental along with twenty other Top caliber players and you get the most talented 2023 team by far. If you want to bellyache that any additions after 4th-7th grade create an asterisk because they were not “original” is absurd.

I remember reading posts back then that top talent would find its way to YJ and it certainly did. For the 8th-11th grade seasons, this team has been built into a juggernaut of talent. This does NOT take away that TG, M&D and Hero’s have been talented for years and the lower lever LI travel teams have 1 or 2 very talented players as well.

YJ spent their time playing in B brackets last summer. How did those studs play when the original stud was out injured? They lost to the Hero’s B team. YJ are lucky Igloo merged with them and can bring credibility to the 23 team which CR knew she wouldn’t have it without the merge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy to All be together! Exciting. While you are Living in the Past- We move full speed into The Future!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I am curious can you list the past achievements of this talented YJ 23 team.
MandD
Heroes
SW
Igloo
TG
YJB

TTT Talent to Torch

Time will certainly tell. And with the ridiculous tournament rules and guidelines; let’s hope these programs do the right thing and schedule games with each other. I know the Jesters will play anyone. All the kids I am sure want to play each other. Hopefully we can get the top 6-8 teams to agree to play each other in August at night.
Would be great.
Let the kids play.
Take top 6 teams and then the next 6 and just play each other and have some fun.
How great would fields of dreams on a Thursday night to see
Elevate vs Jesters
TG vs YJ
YJ B vs Legacy
Liberty vs Empire
No reason this can’t happen

TG v YJ would result in a tie too much talent by both starting lineups
Legacy easy over YJB
Liberty nail biter over Empire
Jesters thump Elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they were as good as everyone says they are they would have been able to carry their teams last summer like the CT Grizzly girl carries that team. In the end they did not and both teams looked average against average competition. They are good players but they don’t make their team or teammates better. TG had major injuries to multiple starters and still only lost 3 games all summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they were as good as everyone says they are they would have been able to carry their teams last summer like the CT Grizzly girl carries that team. In the end they did not and both teams looked average against average competition. They are good players but they don’t make their team or teammates better. TG had major injuries to multiple starters and still only lost 3 games all summer.

TG only lost 3 games all summer? YJA has a few three loss tournaments every year. I have never seen so much hype for such a pedestrian team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG only lost 3 games all summer? YJA has a few three loss tournaments every year. I have never seen so much hype for such a pedestrian team.

Listen, my daughter plays for a top team other than YJ. She is friends with the top cohort there, doesn’t like a bunch of the second stringers with big mouths. She said the the team is now legit due primarily to the new players. All is good, since these top girls will be on the same teams in college. For the rest of you arguing about who’s best, get a life. The one you have now is going to end in a couple years!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How true is this statement:

Since many 2023 clubs will not be holding tryouts for the next year - they take players back (they cut the ones they absolutely dont want) and they extend invites to new players (essentially recruits they have sought out).

Do these new player usually extend interest or are there ever any situations where the club will poach a player from another team? Does it work with more positions than others? Are middies in more demand than defense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since many 2023 clubs will not be holding tryouts for the next year - they take players back (they cut the ones they absolutely dont want) and they extend invites to new players (essentially recruits they have sought out).

Do these new player usually extend interest or are there ever any situations where the club will poach a player from another team? Does it work with more positions than others? Are middies in more demand than defense?

I guess you made use of the local bar early today. Speak English !!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you need to unclench and get yourself a drink - no need to be so hostile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughter needs to be off the charts good, and be playing for a lower tier team, which is not likely at this age. All positions are re recruited, but unless you’re currently playing on a big club and killing it, chances are that nobody’s coming knocking!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughter needs to be off the charts good, and be playing for a lower tier team, which is not likely at this age. All positions are re recruited, but unless you’re currently playing on a big club and killing it, chances are that nobody’s coming knocking!

Both situations could happen. If you look for a better club/team for your daughter start with the coach and then look at roster size. Sometimes program directors and coaches will poach, but that is frowned upon by many. Rarely does a player get cut from a team when their are no longer tryouts, however some quit as they are either burned out or no longer interested. Yes middies are sought after more so than defenders as middies typically have more speed, better field vision, and more refined stick skills. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MandD
Heroes
SW
Igloo
TG
YJB

TTT Talent to Torch

YJ shake up will def be significant! Both yj teams will do great this year. top teams will be YJ and TG with all the changes it would be a stretch to say legacy over YJb libery jesters and empire idk ?? unfortunately none of these teams would every agree to play each other! too bad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play for a team that has a competitive schedule and solid coaching. In addition you and your daughter will have to do some leg work contacting coaches and getting camp dates for the schools you are interested in. It also is huge to have someone from your clubs administration who will advocate for your daughter.

Here is a list of YJ 2021 comittments.

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

Any questions ? ................This is why you play for Yellow Jackets..... Support, Exposure, Friendship, Experience, Contacts and some of the best families you will ever meet. Ask any 2021 parent if they were happy with the decision to play for the Yellow Jackets. Ask some parents from other areas if they were happy with their recruiting experience. Trust me I have been through this process numerous times and when you visit schools and meet parents from other clubs they are in awe of the opportunities afforded our YJ girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play for a team that has a competitive schedule and solid coaching. In addition you and your daughter will have to do some leg work contacting coaches and getting camp dates for the schools you are interested in. It also is huge to have someone from your clubs administration who will advocate for your daughter.

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

Any questions ? ................This is why you play for Yellow Jackets..... Support, Exposure, Friendship, Experience, Contacts and some of the best families you will ever meet. Ask any 2021 parent if they were happy with the decision to play for the Yellow Jackets. Ask some parents from other areas if they were happy with their recruiting experience. Trust me I have been through this process numerous times and when you visit schools and meet parents from other clubs they are in awe of the opportunities afforded our YJ girls.

Umm...Ok, you do realize this is the 2023 girls thread? No questions, and nobody cares about your 2021 daughter and her experience. The same can be said for girls who play on other teams. Your post is irrelevant since this is a different age group with their own talents, and or lack there of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be any coaches at the UA150 or Nike 120 this year due to all the changes ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

Umm...Ok, you do realize this is the 2023 girls thread? No questions, and nobody cares about your 2021 daughter and her experience. The same can be said for girls who play on other teams. Your post is irrelevant since this is a different age group with their own talents, and or lack there of.

Go ask Bill or Shannon for help with recruitment.........let me know how that goes. Just keep writing your checks !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be any coaches at the UA150 or Nike 120 this year due to all the changes ?

This is nothing but a money grab in both instances. Get a Covid refund !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

Go ask Bill or Shannon for help with recruitment.........let me know how that goes. Just keep writing your checks !

Angry man hoping he can ride the YJ recruiting train knowing his daughter stinks! Good luck! Fortunately, my daughter doesn't need YJ, TG or anyone else to get her recruited. Her talents speak for itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no better time than now to have the type of Club league for all the LI teams like Maryland does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no better time than now to have the type of Club league for all the LI teams like Maryland does.

Agreed! Would be great for all. Iron sharpens iron! #strongislsnd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This would be the right and now ( no D1 coach contact till August 31, blackout extended till then...) only way your kid is going to be seen this summer because tourneys are going to be cancelled, so make it known to your teams that you want this or there will be no lacrosse for anyones kids this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's 23 spots give or take, CJ takes checks from 100+ parents at any given age group. do the math, unless your kid is top team, you little. If your on "B" list teams, you at least get to play top teams and show your stuff against top teams...perhaps light up on someones radar...then get the full force of that teams recruitment help...i'd take my chances with Legacy or Elevate doing the right thing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! Would be great for all. Iron sharpens iron! #strongislsnd

My daughter did one last year on LI . .some YJ teams were in it some jesters there was another one in Nassau county . but that was I think town teams. It would be great to have a league like MD it is so needed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ATTACK
Hopkins
Harvard
Harvard
Army
Stony Brook
Stanford
Lafayette

MIDFIELD
Stanford
Stanford
UVA
Penn State
Delaware
Boston College
Furman

DEFENSE
Yale
Maryland
Florida
USC
USC
Stony Brook
Pitt

GOALIE
Maryland
Arizona State

I appreciate someone sharing their experiences so that others may benefit. Seeing the success that certain clubs are able to achieve on a regular basis is very valuable to someone going through the process for the first time. I would love to hear from you about your clubs experience with regard to recruiting. Since 2021 is the last year to have been recruited it is the most recent information available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA tryout date set for July 30

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard