BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way Cuomo was talking about low risk sports being ok in stage 3 this week in upstate regions we would be lucky to play lax this fall on long island. Lax is considered high risk. Dont ask me why it is High risk and hocket, soccer and bball is medium risk

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are going to ruin the next year of your life for a month of lacrosse. If anyone thinks people are going to be wearing masks or social distancing at these events you are fooling yourself. These events are going to be potential super spreader events and are being held less than a month from school starting. This will put HS sports in serious jeopardy. Any governor letting hundreds of families from different states into their state for a lacrosse tournament is crazy. Not because of the tournament per say, it’s all that goes along with it...hotels, restaurants, sweaty and yelling people. 22 states are seeing a spike in Covid..why...large gatherings, no face masks and not social distancing. Covid is here with no cure or vaccine, can’t just wish it away. It is only going to prolong the current situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The little secret clubs are keeping from you is that there will be no coaches at any of these tournaments. The recruiting dead period as been extended until July 31 by the NCAA which does not allow a college coach to watch/evaluate a player in person. Then there is a quiet period from 8/6-8/12 which coaches still can not watch/evaluate a player in person. Then there is another dead period from 8/13-8/31. The only days coaches are able to be at a tournament are 8/1-8/5 this season. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The little secret clubs are keeping from you is that there will be no coaches at any of these tournaments. The recruiting dead period as been extended until July 31 by the NCAA which does not allow a college coach to watch/evaluate a player in person. Then there is a quiet period from 8/6-8/12 which coaches still can not watch/evaluate a player in person. Then there is another dead period from 8/13-8/31. The only days coaches are able to be at a tournament are 8/1-8/5 this season. Good luck!

Kids have been playing since first grade without college coaches attending...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The virus can’t be any worse then a 91 parent!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The virus can’t be any worse then a 91 parent!

Maybe a Rebel parent. But a 91 parent is a definite top two in the virus category.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our family is anxious to get to Delaware. Just made my hotel reservations for the weekend. My Kid has been receiving privates in our back yard ever since the shut down. Just in case middle school starts up again next spring he'll be ready for the team. Lets get it on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like protests

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are going to ruin the next year of your life for a month of lacrosse. If anyone thinks people are going to be wearing masks or social distancing at these events you are fooling yourself. These events are going to be potential super spreader events and are being held less than a month from school starting. This will put HS sports in serious jeopardy. Any governor letting hundreds of families from different states into their state for a lacrosse tournament is crazy. Not because of the tournament per say, it’s all that goes along with it...hotels, restaurants, sweaty and yelling people. 22 states are seeing a spike in Covid..why...large gatherings, no face masks and not social distancing. Covid is here with no cure or vaccine, can’t just wish it away. It is only going to prolong the current situation.

Got Dr Fauci ! Now go back to your government feeding trough and collect your $, while the rest of us go about living.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this website was about lacrosse not fake news, if I wanted that I would turn on CNN!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got Dr Fauci ! Now go back to your government feeding trough and collect your $, while the rest of us go about living.

I live for youth lacrosse. I was too small, not very athletic growing up. So I like to watch/coach my son play the several sports I pushed him towards when he was young. So I understand why many parents want to get back out there and watch their kids play lax. What else is there to do at this time of the year. Back yard pool, swing set, latest hip bicycle with the rainbow spokes, grew old fast. I'll rather spend my time and money going to practices and traveling to tournaments on the weekends. It's tough being stuck with more than two kids in the house.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These posts ae hilarious. Lets stay on Point: There are no refunds being issued. Enjoy your Zoom meetings and your Cyber Lacrosse because thats all your going to get. There is no endorsement of a return to youth sports, there are no definite tournaments and there are certainly no refunds. As a matter of fact, get your checkbooks ready for next fall....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These posts ae hilarious. Lets stay on Point: There are no refunds being issued. Enjoy your Zoom meetings and your Cyber Lacrosse because thats all your going to get. There is no endorsement of a return to youth sports, there are no definite tournaments and there are certainly no refunds. As a matter of fact, get your checkbooks ready for next fall....

One hour practice, 10 people max socially distant. Takes me 1 hour round trip driving to and from practice for an hour worth of drills for 10 kids. So my kid is actually getting a good 20 minutes worth of drills after the coaches speech? Not worth the time... I'll wait to see what the fall has in store.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One hour practice, 10 people max socially distant. Takes me 1 hour round trip driving to and from practice for an hour worth of drills for 10 kids. So my kid is actually getting a good 20 minutes worth of drills after the coaches speech? Not worth the time... I'll wait to see what the fall has in store.

Lots of tournaments happening now, look around.. DE is open and MD is open in August. Head down 95 and get into the action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of tournaments happening now, look around.. DE is open and MD is open in August. Head down 95 and get into the action.

I'm ready. Like someone said on this post, this is all our family looks forward to in the summer. It's all lax or nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how things are really open in Delaware?

de.gov/coronavirus
Division of Public Health Guidance on Youth Sports
♦ Tournaments, or a series of games, matches or other activities where individual teams have more than one game with more than one team, are not allowed at this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how things are really open in Delaware?

de.gov/coronavirus
Division of Public Health Guidance on Youth Sports
♦ Tournaments, or a series of games, matches or other activities where individual teams have more than one game with more than one team, are not allowed at this time.

There are tournaments scheduled by several clubs in DE ? Maybe DE has a start date for sports like MD.
MD. from Governor
"All youth sports gatherings and events may resume sporting and other customary
operations as of 5:00 P.M. on June 12, 2020 for outdoor activities and 5:00 P.M. on
June 19, 2020 for indoor activities. Parents and family may spectate at youth sports
gatherings with appropriate social distancing"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So once we get started I should have my 11 yr old with a helmet, face shield, mask, mouth piece, what else? Heat stroke crash kit? IV kit? He's a tuff kid takes after his mother

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t play then. Who cares. If you don’t want your kids to play then don’t. Go to the beach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Delaware lax parents going to feel about NY / NJ contagion invading their state? The Governor may close the gates. But then again , if they are 1/2 as nuts as the LI parents then there is a shot. They can have the team mom bring the respirators..... sheesh....stay home or at least stay local.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF decided to host youth teams at the event at Kirkwood, DE, July 20-22nd at the 2026, 2025 and 2024 age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what these greedy club owners fail to inform you of;
https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/wp...e-and-Suggested-Guidelines-6.12.2020.pdf
Waste of time traveling 4-5 hours, 8-10 round trip in a day for something like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just received something about the Delaware tournament, but didn't receive Delaware state guidelines regarding sporting event tournaments. Family will pass on this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say our family will pass on this one or that one. My question is, what do you tell your kids? This is a team sport. This isn’t golf. This isn’t tennis. My kids are a very big part of their team, plus my son plays goalie. Is that the right message to give the kids. Is this the right thing to do to their teammates. The going gets tough, bail. There will be plenty of down time for the beach. Plenty of time to ride bikes. I personally wish we could postpone the season and start again in the fall. I’m just a parent, nobody gives a garbage about my opinion, I understand that. My view is, whatever their teams do, that’s what my kids will do. Obviously if one of them had an underlying health issue, I’d explain to my child that there is no choice in this decision. For the vast majority of people, like my family, life is starting to come back. If someone chooses to wait for the perfect, non Covid scenario, that’s their right, however this could be around for a very, very long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey [ChillLaxin], you tell them there is a pandemic going on that is killing people and the risks do not outweigh the rewards for kiddie lax. You further tell them that if you were to subject them to an unsafe environment you would not be acting in their best interests and are failing them as a parent. The right thing to do for teammates is to take into into consideration their health and safety too. But sheep will be sheep. If the team said we are putting all of the kids into an unknown situation that may result in physical harm, and we cannot guarantee it will not...would you do it? Oh wait.....you are...Baaaaaaahhhhhh!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey [ChillLaxin], you tell them there is a pandemic going on that is killing people and the risks do not outweigh the rewards for kiddie lax. You further tell them that if you were to subject them to an unsafe environment you would not be acting in their best interests and are failing them as a parent. The right thing to do for teammates is to take into into consideration their health and safety too. But sheep will be sheep. If the team said we are putting all of the kids into an unknown situation that may result in physical harm, and we cannot guarantee it will not...would you do it? Oh wait.....you are...Baaaaaaahhhhhh!

Actually the sheep mentality is with you. If you had been an original pioneer in this country , you would have given up and gone back to England,. Glad we actually had some people with backbone who persevered .

Not one person in MD has died from corona under 30. Let them play. The rest of us will be using personal responsibility and common sense and giving people space along with doing what we feel is appropriate. If you have heath issues, dont come.

Are you staying indoors under a vaccine is found?? Cause nothing will be different as of today, tomorrow or when ever until vaccine is found. I am not hiding like some rat in the walls until then. Time to use personal responsibility, common sense and get on with life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I clicked on the link that was posted about Delaware youth sports. Let me tell you, no way will we attend. It's a modified version of lacrosse. No face-offs, coin flip. On top of that, where are we going to stay? I forgot, it's a one day tournament in Delaware during the week. Give me a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say our family will pass on this one or that one. My question is, what do you tell your kids? This is a team sport. This isn’t golf. This isn’t tennis. My kids are a very big part of their team, plus my son plays goalie. Is that the right message to give the kids. Is this the right thing to do to their teammates. The going gets tough, bail. There will be plenty of down time for the beach. Plenty of time to ride bikes. I personally wish we could postpone the season and start again in the fall. I’m just a parent, nobody gives a garbage about my opinion, I understand that. My view is, whatever their teams do, that’s what my kids will do. Obviously if one of them had an underlying health issue, I’d explain to my child that there is no choice in this decision. For the vast majority of people, like my family, life is starting to come back. If someone chooses to wait for the perfect, non Covid scenario, that’s their right, however this could be around for a very, very long time.

This is not lacrosse

BOY’S LACROSSE
• Alternate Faceoff Procedures
1.1 Coin Toss: Before the start of play, the “official” will call one player from each team and conduct a coin toss. The winner of the coin toss will start the competition with possession of the ball at the center spot. The lost of the coin toss will have the first alternating possession.
1.2 Positioning of Players and Starting Play: The team that wins the coin toss will start with the ball in their offensive half of the field, near the center spot, with a free clear. All other players should be at least five yards from the player with the ball.
1.3 Post-Goal: The goalkeeper or official removes the ball from the goal, and the team that was scored on will start with possession in the crease or along the goal line extended. No restart will take place if any player is within 5 yards of the ball carrier. When the whistle is blown by the official, play will resume.
1.4 Starting a New Quarter/Half: The team that loses the coin toss at the start of the game will have possession to start the second half. No player should be within 5 yards of the ball carrier.
• Loose-Ball Play: When a loose ball is on the ground and cannot be quickly picked up because a group of players are tied up in a scrum, the official can end play early at their discretion (typically four or more seconds ) and award the ball via alternate possession rule.
• Procedures for Loose-Ball Technical Fouls: When a loose-ball violation has been committed, the offended team can receive a quick play-on when an official visually and verbally signals “play-on.” If the offended team cannot quickly gain possession of the loose ball, the play-on must be ended immediately. In general, if it is unclear whether the offended team will quickly gain possession of the ball, play should be stopped, and the ball awarded to the team entitled to possession.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really saying no one over 30 deserves to live? “Let them play” they will live, but if you’re over 30, who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that’s what you got out of that post, take a reading comprehension class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you teach your son to follow the crowd and not think for himself. I'm not saying under normal conditions not to do what's best for the team. Realize, these aren't normal conditions, and many of the club owners are signing their teams up for a highly modified form of lacrosse. The only reason is to not refund money for lost practice time and tournaments. Club owners can give a hill of beans about our kids! Lastly, for teams traveling out of state, why wasn't that particular states guidelines provided to the parents? So I had to come on this forum for information that should have been provided by the club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on this order effective tomorrow, I don't see how lax tournaments in MD (at least Montgomery County) can be played anytime soon.

https://montgomerycountymd.gov/exec/Resources/Files/orders/082-20.pdf

Large Gatherings. Gatherings of more than 50 people continue to be prohibited at all locations and venues, including but not limited to parades, festivals, conventions, and fundraisers. Planned large gatherings and events must be canceled or postponed until after termination of the state of emergency and the proclamation of the catastrophic health emergency has been rescinded.

Outdoor Youth Sports. Any business providing skill-building drills and team-based practice in Montgomery County for individuals under the age of 18 must comply with MDH’s Interim Guidance for Limited Outdoor Youth Sports dated May 27, 2020, and any subsequent amendments thereto.

That's why I don't trust any of these clubs when they ask you to commit to tournaments at this juncture. Someone provided additional information clubs failed to pass along to us, but they tell us lax is up and running in other states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on this order effective tomorrow, I don't see how lax tournaments in MD (at least Montgomery County) can be played anytime soon.

Large Gatherings. Gatherings of more than 50 people continue to be prohibited at all locations and venues, including but not limited to parades, festivals, conventions, and fundraisers. Planned large gatherings and events must be canceled or postponed until after termination of the state of emergency and the proclamation of the catastrophic health emergency has been rescinded.

Outdoor Youth Sports. Any business providing skill-building drills and team-based practice in Montgomery County for individuals under the age of 18 must comply with MDH’s Interim Guidance for Limited Outdoor Youth Sports dated May 27, 2020, and any subsequent amendments thereto.

That's why I don't trust any of these clubs when they ask you to commit to tournaments at this juncture. Someone provided additional information clubs failed to pass along to us, but they tell us lax is up and running in other states.

Here is another link re sports in Delaware where it appears every tournament is trying to be held. Just dont see it with these conditions and cases on the rise. Also look under lacrosse. For me that's not lacrosse and it appears to be judgment calls on what is gathering near a ball and contact etc . . . Even if everyone wanted to play it will basically be no contact lax.

COMPETITIONS AND TOURNAMENTS♦ Competitions between two (2) teams are permitted.♦ Tournaments, or a series of games, matches or other activities where individual teams have more than one game with more than one team, are not allowed at this time. ♦ Out-of-state competitions should be avoided. If a team chooses to travel to an out-of-state competition, the team should follow social distancing and hygiene requirements in this document along with any applicable requirements set out by the state to which they are traveling.♦ Hosting competitions with out-of-state participants is discouraged at this time. If the organization chooses to host one, out-of-state participants must adhere to the guidelines in this document.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is another link re sports in Delaware where it appears every tournament is trying to be held. Just dont see it with these conditions and cases on the rise. Also look under lacrosse. For me that's not lacrosse and it appears to be judgment calls on what is gathering near a ball and contact etc . . . Even if everyone wanted to play it will basically be no contact lax.

COMPETITIONS AND TOURNAMENTS♦ Competitions between two (2) teams are permitted.♦ Tournaments, or a series of games, matches or other activities where individual teams have more than one game with more than one team, are not allowed at this time. ♦ Out-of-state competitions should be avoided. If a team chooses to travel to an out-of-state competition, the team should follow social distancing and hygiene requirements in this document along with any applicable requirements set out by the state to which they are traveling.♦ Hosting competitions with out-of-state participants is discouraged at this time. If the organization chooses to host one, out-of-state participants must adhere to the guidelines in this document.

FLG is organizing a tournament in Delaware next month. They figured, if teams lock in before people found out they were traveling to participate in a tournament with highly modified rules, without contact they could secure a decent payday. Sounds like a bait and switch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a older son who plays. I paid for LACROSSE. I didn't pay for a modified form of the game, without contact, no face-off, wearing face mask (in the middle of July), 5 yards away from the opposing player. SIMPLE. If the club can't honor this, I want a refund. Better yet, the 2 or 3 zoom sessions didn't even cover the modified form of the game, so what are we doing here... Next they will have you purchase the face mask at Lacrosse Unlimited in order to participate. Club owners; go skip a rope!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is not a person in the world who doesn’t want a refund. Who do you know that would say no thanks, I’m good, no refund for me. I don’t know anybody that would say that, I wouldn’t say that. I’d love a check for a couple grand right now. The fact is, it’s not happening. You will get zooms, modified games, modified practices, scrimmages etc. No refunds will be coming. Stamp your feet all you want. Clubs don’t care if you stay or leave. It’s a revolving door. If your lucky there will be some credit for next season.

You hit the nail square on the head; Clubs don't care...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t want a refund. More importantly, I don’t want to waste my time and energy thinking about a tournament that won’t happen or will be so weird that it will turn my girls off to playing lax. Like many people have been telling me over the years, the clubs and tournaments are a big money grabs. This year it is very obvious and sickening they are willing to risk player and parents well-being to make a few bucks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So igloo sends out an email that after one practice since March, that we can not have anymore until at least the week of 7/6. They still have tryouts scheduled for July for $150, so let’s try to cram the whole season down these poor boys neck in 4 weeks just to justify tuition. What a joke, when will any club do the right thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Called it like it is. Thank you. There are reasonable people still out there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Off topic now . Should travel issue partial refund ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard