BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 150 of 214 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Nike120 is the same format as UA150

i think there will be a lot more talent at the 120. especially this year when film will be needed more than ever.

There wasn't much reason to go the either anymore. Why anyone would pay for it this year is beyond me.

a lot of the 22's need the film to send to coaches since there will not be any coaches at any tournaments until the fall..maybem

That's a lot of money for some film of random kids playing. Better off filming actual club games. The last 2 years Nike 120 and UA 150 have struggled to fill the rosters. They just don't make sense anymore.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i think there will be a lot more talent at the 120. especially this year when film will be needed more than ever.

There wasn't much reason to go the either anymore. Why anyone would pay for it this year is beyond me.

a lot of the 22's need the film to send to coaches since there will not be any coaches at any tournaments until the fall..maybem

That's a lot of money for some film of random kids playing. Better off filming actual club games. The last 2 years Nike 120 and UA 150 have struggled to fill the rosters. They just don't make sense anymore.

in a normal year that is true, but this is anything but a normal year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can’t be struggling to fill rosters when there are girls waitlisted (past & present) & don’t make it on a roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless you're a parent from Mt. Sinai, why does anyone care what the girls are doing? Is it because you genuinely are concerned for their well being? Or is it sour grapes that your daughter isn't practicing? Why would anyone call Section 11 on the coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless you're a parent from Mt. Sinai, why does anyone care what the girls are doing? Is it because you genuinely are concerned for their well being? Or is it sour grapes that your daughter isn't practicing? Why would anyone call Section 11 on the coach?

Exactly. Not from MS but wouldnt be worried about what they were doing, when, or how. MYOB. Sounds like these folks are just jealous that their coaches aren't holding a practice. LI-CDC-lax edition smdh

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

in a normal year that is true, but this is anything but a normal year.

UA 150 doesn't have the draw as NIKE 120 but if your kid was selected to go I would do either at this point especially if you are a 22... Nothing is happening this summer as far as tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regular Under Armour is scheduled for August 6-9. That will be the most important event of the summer. The others are a waste of time and money unless you're hoping to play lower level D1 or D2. LI tryout dates will be announced next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regular Under Armour is scheduled for August 6-9. That will be the most important event of the summer. The others are a waste of time and money unless you're hoping to play lower level D1 or D2. LI tryout dates will be announced next week

Do you really think the Under Armour tournament will happen this year with States all under different guidelines and so many Region tryout dates still TBD? My daughter participated last year and it was a terrific tournament but don’t see how they can manage it this year with so many different guidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% most important event every summer and even more important than most years with the lack of tourneys.
Last year the command tryout had about 150 field players and 10 goalies. The numbers should be even bigger this year. Got to help your chances if you play for the blue and yellow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really think the Under Armour tournament will happen this year with States all under different guidelines and so many Region tryout dates still TBD? My daughter participated last year and it was a terrific tournament but don’t see how they can manage it this year with so many different guidelines.

I think it’s going to happen unless there is a drastic increase in COVID cases. NY has it the worst so maybe they will do a virtual tryout? Most regions have already announced tryout dates. Strange that the didn’t announce the rosters for the senior game yet?? We’ll see

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

I think it’s going to happen unless there is a drastic increase in COVID cases. NY has it the worst so maybe they will do a virtual tryout? Most regions have already announced tryout dates. Strange that the didn’t announce the rosters for the senior game yet?? We’ll see
[/quote]

Only a few regions actually really matter...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
do you have a link for the Nike120?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just google it
It falls on one of the UA days.
It’s invitational

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

http://elite120.com/

August 5 & 6...Wednesday and Thursday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The little secret clubs are keeping from you is that there will be no coaches at any of these tournaments. The recruiting dead period as been extended until July 31 by the NCAA which does not allow a college coach to watch/evaluate a player in person. Then there is a quiet period from 8/6-8/12 which coaches still can not watch/evaluate a player in person. Then there is another dead period from 8/13-8/31. The only days coaches are able to be at a tournament are 8/1-8/5 this season. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The little secret clubs are keeping from you is that there will be no coaches at any of these tournaments. The recruiting dead period as been extended until July 31 by the NCAA which does not allow a college coach to watch/evaluate a player in person. Then there is a quiet period from 8/6-8/12 which coaches still can not watch/evaluate a player in person. Then there is another dead period from 8/13-8/31. The only days coaches are able to be at a tournament are 8/1-8/5 this season. Good luck!

everyone already knows this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are any high school teams practicing? HS teams won't play until next spring. Club teams I can understand trying to practice, because they might play this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She was invited, the cost of the event is $51.. for the Parisi school testing and 3 refereed games.. I'll try to split the cost of the game film with a few other of her teammates and maybe get a few highlights to add to the reel.. Its far from an arm & leg.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G8 is back on! Disappointing to see that film is not included for athletes since coaches cannot be there. Sure the coaches can get it, but kids need highlight video right now. Always about the money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
G8 is back on! Disappointing to see that film is not included for athletes since coaches cannot be there. Sure the coaches can get it, but kids need highlight video right now. Always about the money!

Highlight video is great as an introduction and getting on a program's radar, but a coach seriously recruiting a player will want to see full game film. Bring a camera and film your own, use team high school film for a highlight video, or purchase the game film package if your kid played well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This kid will be a force.. Will be exciting to watch!
https://www.si.com/faces-in-the-cro...op-lacrosse-recruABEuBuit-north-carolina

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she better be with all the hype she gets from US Lacrosse and Inside Lacrosse. She better break every UNC record and win 4 straight national championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She played lacrosse at Florida HS. The talented LI/MD girls would have similar or better stats. Not saying she not a good player but really not any better than any of the other top girls. I've seen her play, and it really was nothing special. Not sure why she's being put on a pedestal??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??? Best 2020 by far. Not even a discussion. So what if she played in Florida. From what i've heard played every top ranked team in the country in HS and club and she has dominated at every level including as a high school kid on the U19 team. I'm from Long Island and don't know the kid, but have seen her play there isn't even a close second in the 2020 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??? Best 2020 by far. Not even a discussion. So what if she played in Florida. From what i've heard played every top ranked team in the country in HS and club and she has dominated at every level including as a high school kid on the U19 team. I'm from Long Island and don't know the kid, but have seen her play there isn't even a close second in the 2020 class.

Lol!! That’s a joke right? And did you actually bring up the U19 team??? They actually play nobody. She gets press because her family is connected and she is not from a traditional hotbed. Everyone knows it! Seems like a sweet kid, but please stop with crowning her the greatest, lots of players just like her! My 8th grade daughter would score 100 pts playing at a Florida HS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They got smoked by McDonogh last year. Just saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish her well at Carolina. She looks like a sweet kid - big smile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the dates for UA this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neverary 1st

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the dates for UA this year?

August 6-9. Hotel Booked!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neverary 1st

There is a tournament happening in Maryland in 3 weeks. So no reason to think UA won't happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neverary 1st

There is a tournament happening in Maryland in 3 weeks. So no reason to think UA won't happen

The issue for US is not having the tournament in Maryland it will be scheduling the "tryouts" across the country. Upstate NY has been changed 3x so far and is currently listed as TBD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neverary 1st

The issue for US is not having the tournament in Maryland it will be scheduling the "tryouts" across the country. Upstate NY has been changed 3x so far and is currently listed as TBD

No way a publicly traded company puts there name on a tournament with what's going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously are no friend of this kid. To her credit, she seems to be an extremely hard worker and has improved dramatically from when she was a YJ. That said will be interesting to watch her play in college. She will be coming onto a very stacked attack where just about any other attack player would be concerned about playing time let alone being the star. Other than Florida high school lacrosse she has essentially been the oldest player on the field which will not be the case again for some time. She is very well trained with a lot of stick skills but not sure with her average speed and lack of size how that will translate to college. To her benefit, she will not be the top priority of any defense and most likely will not even be in the top 5 for teams game planning against this UNC offense which will arguably be one of the best the NCAA has ever seen, at least on paper. UNC has 3 attack players who should never leave the field in any meaningful game so she will be fighting for playing time against some other talented freshman and several upperclassmen who at times have been essential pieces of the offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates/insight on UA regional tryouts? LI and update NY still haven't been scheduled. The West tryout is going to be in Mesquite, Nevada in the middle of July. Current temps there are 105+ degrees with threat of wildfires/hazardous smoke in the area. I know the West isn't a major player in the UA tourney (understatement) but I am concerned (shocked?) that UA is going to hold tryouts in 100+ degree temps. Also, as coronavirus numbers continue to spike in CA, TX, FL, AZ, etc I just don't see how bringing all these folks from around the country to MD in early August is such a great idea. Can't they hold off and have the tryouts/tourney later?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates/insight on UA regional tryouts? LI and update NY still haven't been scheduled. The West tryout is going to be in Mesquite, Nevada in the middle of July. Current temps there are 105+ degrees with threat of wildfires/hazardous smoke in the area. I know the West isn't a major player in the UA tourney (understatement) but I am concerned (shocked?) that UA is going to hold tryouts in 100+ degree temps. Also, as coronavirus numbers continue to spike in CA, TX, FL, AZ, etc I just don't see how bringing all these folks from around the country to MD in early August is such a great idea. Can't they hold off and have the tryouts/tourney later?

Sounds like a major liability for a large corporation to run the risk on. If the event traces Covid back to itself, a large corporation like Under Armour is a major target for lawsuits, class action suits, etc.... The event itself is peanuts to the corporation, but the liability is massive. Just can’t see it running. The only reason it has any legs is Corrigan sports going after the money. If it does run, you may see the UA sponsor name drop from it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are you concerned for? Some anonymous girls?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Concerned for all the girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there will be a HS summer league like there has in the past? I believe it was ran by CR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if there will be a HS summer league like there has in the past? I believe it was ran by CR

whho knows ...as of now schools aren't allowing the use of their fields

Like Reply Quote
Page 150 of 214 1 2 148 149 150 151 152 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard