BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 28 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent with a kid who does 3 sports this is the best thing ever. Not only do we get some weekends back but I think kids that go hard all year round in multiple sports could use this time off to let their bodies recover. stinks if your whole family life is geared around little johnny who only plays lacrosse but relax, it will be back next spring.

So your kid plays three sports and you are lecturing others on a "family life geared around little johnny".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's club offered a partial (1/3rd) refund or credit towards next season. No tryouts, team remains in tact. Books/Season closes 8/1 then the next calendar years begins. Totally happy with the arrangement. Hopefully we'll squeeze in a game or tournament before the curtain goes down. Coach began small group training (4 kids) two weeks ago. Director cares about his program, team and players and provided struggling parents with an option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If folks prefer their other (family) activities to their kid's lacrosse tournaments, perhaps your kid shouldn't be playing travel club lacrosse. Just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent with a kid who does 3 sports this is the best thing ever. Not only do we get some weekends back but I think kids that go hard all year round in multiple sports could use this time off to let their bodies recover. stinks if your whole family life is geared around little johnny who only plays lacrosse but relax, it will be back next spring.

So your kid plays three sports and you are lecturing others on a "family life geared around little johnny".

Your interpreting it wrong. Family life geared around travel lacrosse. Thats the only sport that cuts into summer. Give me a partial refund and I will see you next fall. Kid can do his sports through school whenever they start up again. Time to relax and give the kids the much needed time off. I'm in no rush to head to sporting events with people spreading COVID...... the fake COVID of course.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your interpreting it wrong. Family life geared around travel lacrosse. Thats the only sport that cuts into summer. Give me a partial refund and I will see you next fall. Kid can do his sports through school whenever they start up again. Time to relax and give the kids the much needed time off. I'm in no rush to head to sporting events with people spreading COVID...... the fake COVID of course.

Not everyone needs or wants more "time off". Quite the opposite for many folks who have kids who would love to see teamates and play the sport they love.

If your family needs "time off", you should be doing that regardless of the decisions of clubs and tournament directors.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its about COVID...not about time off, refunds and bored parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not everyone needs or wants more "time off". Quite the opposite for many folks who have kids who would love to see teamates and play the sport they love.

If your family needs "time off", you should be doing that regardless of the decisions of clubs and tournament directors.

LAX is life dude!!!!!(bumper sticket, tshirt, tatoo)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any info about the NY State Regional tournament? Tryout dates/location.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's club offered a partial (1/3rd) refund or credit towards next season. No tryouts, team remains in tact. Books/Season closes 8/1 then the next calendar years begins. Totally happy with the arrangement. Hopefully we'll squeeze in a game or tournament before the curtain goes down. Coach began small group training (4 kids) two weeks ago. Director cares about his program, team and players and provided struggling parents with an option.

Sign m up that’s very fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any info about the NY State Regional tournament? Tryout dates/location.....

This is the club lax refund section bozo.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

COVID-19 Related Issues – Update #4 - Event Cancelled
(6/9/20)

Since its inception, the Long Island Lacrosse Showcase strives to deliver the premier recruiting event for the student-athletes of Nassau and Suffolk counties in the safest possible environment. As we stated from the beginning of this pandemic, the safety and well-being of the players, coaches, parents, and spectators would be our paramount concern in conducting this event. The recent decision to postpone the event to July would provide the opportunity conduct the event in such a manner.

However, as we formalized a July event using the guidance established by the CDC, US Lacrosse, and preliminary protocols from New York State, it has become clear that conducting competitive lacrosse events in the summer of 2020 is not possible. Therefore, we have made the decision to cancel the 2020 Long Island Lacrosse Showcase. We will be issuing full refunds to all registered players.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult spring. We hope that you and your families stay safe during the summer of 2020.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arizona, North Carolina,California and Texas all announced spikes in Covid cases since they started the re-opening. This season is done folks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, I was hoping for good news but there is no way youth sports should happen this summer and if a club decides to try and get a season in I truly hope officials step in and fine them severely. These lacrosse coaches for the most part are great at what they do but they are not doctors. States that re-opened are having spikes in Covid again, it's over and it should be until we get this controlled and cured. Our kids health should be all that matters and I would hope these organizations do what should be done. Families get your lacrosse sticks in your hands and enjoy family time, next season will be here sooner than you think and we can all be healthy and safe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also there has been non stop large mass protests. This without a doubt is contributing to new cases throughout the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

COVID-19 Related Issues – Update #4 - Event Cancelled
(6/9/20)

Since its inception, the Long Island Lacrosse Showcase strives to deliver the premier recruiting event for the student-athletes of Nassau and Suffolk counties in the safest possible environment. As we stated from the beginning of this pandemic, the safety and well-being of the players, coaches, parents, and spectators would be our paramount concern in conducting this event. The recent decision to postpone the event to July would provide the opportunity conduct the event in such a manner.

However, as we formalized a July event using the guidance established by the CDC, US Lacrosse, and preliminary protocols from New York State, it has become clear that conducting competitive lacrosse events in the summer of 2020 is not possible. Therefore, we have made the decision to cancel the 2020 Long Island Lacrosse Showcase. We will be issuing full refunds to all registered players.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult spring. We hope that you and your families stay safe during the summer of 2020.

I think this is a different event

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arizona, North Carolina,California and Texas all announced spikes in Covid cases since they started the re-opening. This season is done folks

Dining opens at 50% capacity indoor for MD as well as outdoor amusements including pools on June 12th and gyms June 19th. Many teams at different age levels have been out in different group sizes the past few weeks and started back to full team practices with distance. Not that MD has much to do with the lacrosse scene. Lacrosse games will be played there and Delaware this summer and I am thinking it is going to be an organizational decision if teams want to travel to play. That will determine the refunds

Folks from states such as NY, NJ, and CT must quarantine for 14 days upon entering other states. How in the world will Delaware allow 100's of people from NY, NJ and CT come and play a meaningless lax tournament? I feel your pain parents, the kids are driving you bananas, but there is nothing you can do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the summer starts in July and practice and tourneys resume. Then I’ll answer the question. No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dining opens at 50% capacity indoor for MD as well as outdoor amusements including pools on June 12th and gyms June 19th. Many teams at different age levels have been out in different group sizes the past few weeks and started back to full team practices with distance. Not that MD has much to do with the lacrosse scene. Lacrosse games will be played there and Delaware this summer and I am thinking it is going to be an organizational decision if teams want to travel to play. That will determine the refunds

Folks from states such as NY, NJ, and CT must quarantine for 14 days upon entering other states. How in the world will Delaware allow 100's of people from NY, NJ and CT come and play a meaningless lax tournament? I feel your pain parents, the kids are driving you bananas, but there is nothing you can do.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But here's how it happens.

I don't want to come off as a donk. But if you think people are actually continuing to follow quarantine rules then yes, there will be nothing until Spring 2021. In actual news. In MD and DE where these will be played I can promise as i walked into to to get a Gatorade with no mask on today at 7-11 and for the past several days, Lacrosse will be played. It will be an organizational decision. You are not quarantined if you go to MD or DE. That is delusional. By the times these tournaments happen it will be even longer gone. It will be a organizationally and team decision

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these fools will force-feed their kids lax. And for what? The blind ambition of parents. Shaking my head. You know who you are parents. Wait til your kids figure out what you did . Shameful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these fools will force-feed their kids lax. And for what? The blind ambition of parents. Shaking my head. You know who you are parents. Wait til your kids figure out what you did . Shameful

Has anyone looked over the practice conditions, precautions and waiver Igloo put into place for kids just to practice. If they (Igloo) thinks it's safe enough to practice why all this? I can understand signing a waiver for a broken arm, hand, etc. But not for COVID. Just send me my refund so I can move on, I didn't sign up for this when I paid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s the whole point of discussion. Nobody wants to send refunds. It’s not just your refund. It’s every kid that plays for the club, every age group, boys and girls. They don’t care if you take the summer off. They don’t care if you move on. There is no loyalty, there is no please don’t leave we like you. They care about money, they care about not having to return money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, I was hoping for good news but there is no way youth sports should happen this summer and if a club decides to try and get a season in I truly hope officials step in and fine them severely. These lacrosse coaches for the most part are great at what they do but they are not doctors. States that re-opened are having spikes in Covid again, it's over and it should be until we get this controlled and cured. Our kids health should be all that matters and I would hope these organizations do what should be done. Families get your lacrosse sticks in your hands and enjoy family time, next season will be here sooner than you think and we can all be healthy and safe.

Enjoy the next year (who knows, maybe longer before a vaccine and/or cure) hiding in your house.

I can understand signing a waiver for a broken arm, hand, etc. But not for COVID.

Why? This seems like the perfect situation for a club (or any organization) to ask for a waiver. No one really knows the risks perfectly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enjoy the next year (who knows, maybe longer before a vaccine and/or cure) hiding in your house.

I can understand signing a waiver for a broken arm, hand, etc. But not for COVID.

Why? This seems like the perfect situation for a club (or any organization) to ask for a waiver. No one really knows the risks perfectly.

Perfect situation for the club/director, correct. But not a perfect situation for my family (a lot of so called "perfect" attached to this sport.) Feel sorry for some of you who didn't find any other activity you can enjoy with your kids outside of youth sports. Now many of you are at the mercy of a lax director allowing your kids to have fun and you to have some sort of reprieve from the daily chaos within your home. Oh well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

which club is offering 1/3 refund/credit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of doctors offices and other professional offices are having patients/clients sign waivers when walking in the door. Everyone is covering their butts because it would be virtually impossible to determine where one contacted the virus IF they get sick. Example: leave house get coffee, get gas, go to work, go to MD appointment, stop off at store on way home, take kid to practice. Get sick 2 days later: how in the world can one know where they came in contact with the virus? They cannot! So lax clubs, doctors, employees are having waivers signed to cover their butts, NOT because they think there is a high risk at what they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids are indifferent at this point. Riding bikes all day just enjoying being outside has pushed lacrosse to the back of their minds. Practices promised soon but they could care less. It seems to be the nutty parents that are holding out for tournaments, not the kids. Hopefully the season folds up soon and we can all take a few months to enjoy family time before the lacrosse madness starts up again.
If you polled the kids, IMHO, they would be fine with no tryouts and returning for next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids are indifferent at this point. Riding bikes all day just enjoying being outside has pushed lacrosse to the back of their minds. Practices promised soon but they could care less. It seems to be the nutty parents that are holding out for tournaments, not the kids. Hopefully the season folds up soon and we can all take a few months to enjoy family time before the lacrosse madness starts up again.
If you polled the kids, IMHO, they would be fine with no tryouts and returning for next year.

Speak for your own kid..
My son asks every day if team practice has been scheduled yet..
Sounds more like you cant be bothered to drag your kid around to practice and have no interest in dealing with late summer tournaments.
We've been enjoying family time for the past three months and it's time to get on with our lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect situation for the club/director, correct. But not a perfect situation for my family.

Then don't sign. Easy.

Sounds like club lacrosse was probably a bad decision for your family - long before Covid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speak for your own kid..
Sounds more like you cant be bothered to drag your kid around to practice and have no interest in dealing with late summer tournaments.
We've been enjoying family time for the past three months and it's time to get on with our lives.

back yard lacrosse is the best way to become great. for those of you who watch lax on espn whenever they talk about a kids success it's always how hard they worked in the backyard, I've never heard any of them say that a great player is great because he played club ball for club x, y or z. just food for thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speak for your own kid..

back yard lacrosse is the best way to become great. for those of you who watch lax on espn whenever they talk about a kids success it's always how hard they worked in the backyard, I've never heard any of them say that a great player is great because he played club ball for club x, y or z. just food for thought.

I will take some of column A and some of column B. My son and his friends are dying to play real games and can't wait to have club practice. If your kid is indifferent then I am sure he really does not like lacrosse. You may want to re-think what you are pushing him to do. Kids who love it are chomping at the bit to get a summer in. On the other hand, my son has been playing pick up games hoping fences to get to fields and mixing it up with a variety of kids from different grades, clubs, schools. These games have no coaches screaming at them, no parents yelling, and the kids are getting better for it. Pick up is where kids get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you are doing a fine job as a parent keeping him isolated and out of harm's way...NOT!!! FOLD THE SEASON. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This season feels like a long baseball rain delay. Watching a baseball game after a long rain delay, almost the entire stadium leaves before play resumes. People want to go home and sleep. They will get the final score in the morning. My son loves lacrosse, my daughters love lacrosse, my wife and I played lacrosse. We are a die hard lacrosse family. I wanted the season to get started, my kids wanted this to get going. Now it just seems like most families want to bail for the summer. Field permits, groups being together, hotels, team zooms, practicing with no contact. I know this wouldn’t happen because clubs have everyone’s money, but it would be the vote of most families to start up in the fall. The kids can play lax on their own with a couple friends, ride bikes, swim, BBQs. Club sports will be back strong again, but trying to salvage the last couple months of this season I think is the wrong way to go.

Same here. We decided to pack it up and start again in the fall. With all the restrictions, waivers, etc don't feel it's worth the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This season feels like a long baseball rain delay. Watching a baseball game after a long rain delay, almost the entire stadium leaves before play resumes. People want to go home and sleep. They will get the final score in the morning. My son loves lacrosse, my daughters love lacrosse, my wife and I played lacrosse. We are a die hard lacrosse family. I wanted the season to get started, my kids wanted this to get going. Now it just seems like most families want to bail for the summer. Field permits, groups being together, hotels, team zooms, practicing with no contact. I know this wouldn’t happen because clubs have everyone’s money, but it would be the vote of most families to start up in the fall. The kids can play lax on their own with a couple friends, ride bikes, swim, BBQs. Club sports will be back strong again, but trying to salvage the last couple months of this season I think is the wrong way to go.

Same here. We decided to pack it up and start again in the fall. With all the restrictions, waivers, etc don't feel it's worth the time.

We shifted our plans and still plan to have our summer with lax but the lax will be local which is a very nice break from having to drive up and down the coast. There is room for family and sports. My son wants to play,. He misses his friends, wont be able to go to camp and can only spend so much time biking around, shooting hoops, swimming and gaming (Id rather he practice in the heat than play fortnite.) What we have no desire for is a 8 week season in July>August. Give us some practices for conditioning and skills work. 3-4 local 1 day tournaments and call it a summer. NLF in August in UMASS? Going to take a hard pass on that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you are doing a fine job as a parent keeping him isolated and out of harm's way...NOT!!! FOLD THE SEASON. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem

You left wing fascist Democrat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Must be terrible to live in fear, like you do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Either way, Im not a Dr so Im going to follow the rules and if they say lacrosse can be played we will be there....and are you seriously telling me that you have kept your 14 year old isolated at this point? Isolation for kids in our area broke a few weeks back. Mental health needs to be considered so yes, we have done a nice job of educating our kids, quarantining and ensuring they do everything they can to minimize risk but yes, they are out and about now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this sarcasm? Hard to tell these days..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is practicing. When is everyone else?
http://igloolax.com/newsite/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They sent an email out to all players. It's only certain ages that are starting practices tomorrow. It also sounds like they are trying to pass off Zoom meetings as an actual practice when we were in lock down. My sons zoom meetings were 20min long each week. They were good to keep the kids in contact with their teammates, but by no means was it any replacement to a practice. They still have no mention of refunds or how they are going to compensate for the 3 months of missed practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They sent an email out to all players. It's only certain ages that are starting practices tomorrow. It also sounds like they are trying to pass off Zoom meetings as an actual practice when we were in lock down. My sons zoom meetings were 20min long each week. They were good to keep the kids in contact with their teammates, but by no means was it any replacement to a practice. They still have no mention of refunds or how they are going to compensate for the 3 months of missed practices

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 28 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard