SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 43 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 42 43
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
LaxMod #302539 06/02/20 04:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt refunds are coming. But credits for next year should be applied. Trying to sue club owners is absurd - and not worth the money or the hit to your child's reputation. The best way to help your family get a refund/credit is to arm yourself with facts:
* Club owners are claiming tournaments are asking for deposits for the 2021 summer right now. Email the tournaments and find out if this is true.
* Club owners are saying they've paid in full for the entire spring/summer for fields, permits, and insurance. While I believe the insurance is paid I doubt fields have been paid in full with no offer of refunds or credits for next year. I know my county has refunded money to the local rec organizations for boys leagues and tournaments and that money was passed on to parents. Email the county and ask if that is true
* Club owners are saying they are paying their coaches. Simple - have an honest conversation and ask your coach if they have been paid. My son's club owner said they are paying their coaches but my son's coach told us he has not been paid. Find out if it is true.
* I've heard (some boys) club owners say or elude to the idea that some tournaments are not refunding or crediting money to next year at all - simple email the tournaments and ask.
* If a club owner claims certain clubs collect all of their fees up front and you have friends at those other clubs - find out if that is true.

This is the only way that will lead to refunds/credits. Don't let club owners snow you. If they say, for example, Live,Love, Lax is not refunding money - email that tournament director and you will know whether or not that is true. The more parents have the facts the less club owners will be able to claim.

I'm not sure telling parents to "just move on" or "sue your club owner" are viable options. Get to the truth - that's the only way.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

LaxMod #302542 06/02/20 07:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what if they are? Blame the parents for being the stunads that take their kids to the practices. They are the real imbeciles
https://aca-prod.accela.com/SUFFCO_REOPEN/Welcome.aspx

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #302558 06/03/20 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TEAM 91 just sent out an e-mail to all the players saying they plan on doing a full season this summer, that is disgusting! There are still 100's of new Covid cases a day, people are still passing away from this disease daily and they are worried about saving there season so they can hold try outs next year and collect more $. Do they not realize how many people lost there jobs and can't afford this. I am all for lacrosse and have been involved in travel sports for the past decade, this is just pathetic. They would put our children at risk for this and they don't care. Are we going to throw a full shield on these youngsters helmets and then send them out on the field in August in 100 degree temperature and have them pass out? Kids will be dropping like flies from heat related illnesses. You cant do that, this is just a money hungry organization that even sold t-shirts for profit during this pandemic. I have been with TEAM 91 for 8 years now and this is unbelievable. How about you take your waiver away, are you afraid of getting sued after a child gets sick? You say you are all about the kids, then be about the kids and let's make sure they stay healthy!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302562 06/03/20 11:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TEAM 91 just sent out an e-mail to all the players saying they plan on doing a full season this summer, that is disgusting! There are still 100's of new Covid cases a day, people are still passing away from this disease daily and they are worried about saving there season so they can hold try outs next year and collect more $. Do they not realize how many people lost there jobs and can't afford this. I am all for lacrosse and have been involved in travel sports for the past decade, this is just pathetic. They would put our children at risk for this and they don't care. Are we going to throw a full shield on these youngsters helmets and then send them out on the field in August in 100 degree temperature and have them pass out? Kids will be dropping like flies from heat related illnesses. You cant do that, this is just a money hungry organization that even sold t-shirts for profit during this pandemic. I have been with TEAM 91 for 8 years now and this is unbelievable. How about you take your waiver away, are you afraid of getting sued after a child gets sick? You say you are all about the kids, then be about the kids and let's make sure they stay healthy!

2 things....and I detest to be that guy, but you have made it too easy:
1- *their
2- Will you be the first to sign up for tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302563 06/03/20 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can't please everyone it seems.. Hold your kid out of action if you are so concerned.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #302564 06/03/20 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- *their

Not to pile on, but 100 degree weather would kill the virus! That's a good thing

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302565 06/03/20 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is a full season going to happen this summer? I can see teams getting together to have practices, but do you think states will really allow these tournaments happen in the next couple of months,. So go from no lax to FULL tournaments in 2 months? NO WAY

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302567 06/03/20 11:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to the real team 91 corporate agenda!!!!!!!
Your kid is just a dollar sign in their corporate world. He'll just be cast aside and the next lemming will replace him.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302573 06/03/20 01:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously are that guy and some how I’m guessing it’s not the first time you “are that guy”.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302576 06/03/20 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1- *their

Not to pile on, but 100 degree weather would kill the virus! That's a good thing

Welcome to the fray Dr. Fauci!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #302582 06/03/20 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your ignorance, obviously your not a first responder or someone that understands what the virus is doing in hotter temperature countries right now.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302584 06/03/20 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for your ignorance, obviously your not a first responder or someone that understands what the virus is doing in hotter temperature countries right now.

Don't be so quick to accuse others of ignorance. The issue is whether there is a serious risk of transmission during outdoor activities. The best evidence to date suggests there is not. That is a separate question from whether some "hot" countries are seeing virus spread. Those countries are seeing the spread in densely populated locations where it is being spread indoors and on mass transit. Getting kids (and parents) outside this Summer will be the best thing for us all. To the extent there is some exposure, it will be at a much lower viral load, which is associated with mild/asymptomatic cases. It will also counter Vitamin D deficiency which appears to be a significant risk factor for severe cases.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...oor-transmission-of-coronavirus-in-china

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302585 06/03/20 03:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302586 06/03/20 03:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't be so quick to accuse others of ignorance. The issue is whether there is a serious risk of transmission during outdoor activities. The best evidence to date suggests there is not. That is a separate question from whether some "hot" countries are seeing virus spread. Those countries are seeing the spread in densely populated locations where it is being spread indoors and on mass transit. Getting kids (and parents) outside this Summer will be the best thing for us all. To the extent there is some exposure, it will be at a much lower viral load, which is associated with mild/asymptomatic cases. It will also counter Vitamin D deficiency which appears to be a significant risk factor for severe cases.

Totally agree.. Time to get on with life .

Now some of you believe the numbers coming out of China are true? There is more to life than lax. I agree, lax can take up some space in ones life, but for ones life to revolve around lax is something different.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302587 06/03/20 04:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for your detailed response.

Although the "hotter temperature countries" comment was packed with facts and knowledge!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 43 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 42 43
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
CAMPS & CLINICS
BOTC SPONSORS