SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 56 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Re: Age and Reclassification. The good the bad the ugly!
Anonymous #302511 06/01/20 05:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
But now it’s year by year
They corrected that mistake. Hopefully they will correct the grade mistake too. It’s as simple as black and white. It’s not even a debate anymore. Youth kids play their age. That’s it, end of discussion. I just read somewhere a 13 year old just graduated college. I think it was Fullerton state. Hypothetically if this kid wanted to play lacrosse, I’d say he should play with other 13 year olds. How is this topic even a discussion?

I completely agree but I would take it 1 step further and do it by every semester. I would have 16 teams from 9th -12th grade. All those boys born in the first semester from Sept 1 to November 1 who are freshman play together and then the same for sophomores, juniors and seniors. That would be 4 teams for just those 2 months. Although people may complain that a boy born on September 1 and another boy born on September 15th are 15 days apart and thus there is a complete advantage for the boy 15 days older. HMMMMM, clearly this wont work. Now I got it. If there are 180 days in the school year then they can have a team for every day that a school is in session. This may make it hard on the budget and most teams will only have one player and probably no teammates unless there are 2 or more boys on the same day. but if the school they are playing doesn't have any boys born that day then there wont be a game. Oh, wait never mind. What if someone is born in the morning and someone else is born at night but on the same day. The boy could be nearly 24 hours older. This is a major problem. Oh well, I tried to solve the problem.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #302514 06/01/20 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They corrected that mistake. Hopefully they will correct the grade mistake too. It’s as simple as black and white. It’s not even a debate anymore. Youth kids play their age. That’s it, end of discussion. I just read somewhere a 13 year old just graduated college. I think it was Fullerton state. Hypothetically if this kid wanted to play lacrosse, I’d say he should play with other 13 year olds. How is this topic even a discussion?

I completely agree but I would take it 1 step further and do it by every semester. I would have 16 teams from 9th -12th grade. All those boys born in the first semester from Sept 1 to November 1 who are freshman play together and then the same for sophomores, juniors and seniors. That would be 4 teams for just those 2 months. Although people may complain that a boy born on September 1 and another boy born on September 15th are 15 days apart and thus there is a complete advantage for the boy 15 days older. HMMMMM, clearly this wont work. Now I got it. If there are 180 days in the school year then they can have a team for every day that a school is in session. This may make it hard on the budget and most teams will only have one player and probably no teammates unless there are 2 or more boys on the same day. but if the school they are playing doesn't have any boys born that day then there wont be a game. Oh, wait never mind. What if someone is born in the morning and someone else is born at night but on the same day. The boy could be nearly 24 hours older. This is a major problem. Oh well, I tried to solve the problem.

I like this idea. The only other thing I would add is a height & weight requirement. After all , you want a level playing field.

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302516 06/01/20 08:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some kids are great, some kids are good, some kids are average, some kids are below average. Some parents can’t have their little kids be average players. They can’t go to work or to social events and say my son Johnny is only an average lax player. They want to tell people Johnny scored 8 goals in yesterday’s game. Johnny can’t do this, he is trying his best, he is a great kid, a great student, lots of friends, but mom and dad want him to dominate. I got a great idea, let’s allow our 8 year old to play against 6 and 7 year olds. Lol. Now we can tell all our friends how good Johnny is. I agree. Let’s hold the kid back, even though he will eventually be a mental wreck like us.

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302517 06/01/20 08:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally think an 8 year old boy would have more competition against an 8 year old girl, then a 6,7 year old boy. So weak parents, if your youth son can’t play his age boys, before you hold him back, have him play on age against the girls.

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302537 06/02/20 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like this idea. The only other thing I would add is a height & weight requirement. After all , you want a level playing field.

I know two people whose sons play down. Any other straw man arguments to justify your son going against younger players? Have you convinced them yet??

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
lax516 #302540 06/02/20 06:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play your age or just clam up. No matter what you say, if your kid plays down in youth sports, you have no credibility. There is nothing you can say, write or tweet that can defend your 8 year old playing against, 6 and 7 year olds. Nothing. Nada. Conversation over.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302543 06/02/20 07:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And everyone gets a trophy and free hat

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302544 06/02/20 07:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play your age or just clam up. No matter what you say, if your kid plays down in youth sports, you have no credibility. There is nothing you can say, write or tweet that can defend your 8 year old playing against, 6 and 7 year olds. Nothing. Nada. Conversation over.

You sure told them. Now go get your shine box and come down to MD

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302650 06/05/20 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You sure told them. Now go get your shine box and come down to MD"

Congratulations! Your post has been selected as a finalist for densest post on BOC! Incredible as there is very stiff competition to be in the running for this award.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302659 06/05/20 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know two people whose sons play down. Any other straw man arguments to justify your son going against younger players? Have you convinced them yet??
"I'm confused... why is your son playing in the wrong age group? I'm sure you can find kids the same age your son can play with - perhaps it was mistake made during registration or is will this be a continually evident character flaw that you own, yet shown each and every time your kid practices and plays in games."

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
lax516 #302666 06/05/20 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the answer, his son is playing in a younger age because his own age he is pretty good. Playing down with younger kids he is really good. Mom and dad like really good over pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302669 06/06/20 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the answer, his son is playing in a younger age because his own age he is pretty good. Playing down with younger kids he is really good. Mom and dad like really good over pretty good.
Yes but it's wrong and unfair especially in a contact sport where size, speed and experience disparities make the sport unsafe and unfair. But since they're comfortable w. it, they should have no problem w/ everyone calling out their kid as "Holdback Hal" - nice check Hal, way to bulldoze a 7 yo Hal. It's funny to watch the sidelines when the question is posed outloud "These kids are rising X graders, is that right? Really?" Crickets....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302672 06/06/20 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes but it's wrong and unfair especially in a contact sport where size, speed and experience disparities make the sport unsafe and unfair. But since they're comfortable w. it, they should have no problem w/ everyone calling out their kid as "Holdback Hal" - nice check Hal, way to bulldoze a 7 yo Hal. It's funny to watch the sidelines when the question is posed outloud "These kids are rising X graders, is that right? Really?" Crickets....

Seriously how small are your kids if a 1 or 2 year age gap is making them look so awful? My son was small but never once did he get run over or abused by a holdback kid. Are you sure it’s the holdback and not just a lack of athleticism on your boys part?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302680 06/06/20 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously how small are your kids if a 1 or 2 year age gap is making them look so awful? My son was small but never once did he get run over or abused by a holdback kid. Are you sure it’s the holdback and not just a lack of athleticism on your boys part?

Even been to an elite soccer based tournament or even a normal one. It is by age , Jan1- Dec31. When the kids line up you can easily see the difference , especially at 9th and below, Each year is a big difference. Of course there is occasionally tall or short., but for most part it is easy to see the progression down. I actually never thought as much until one day they were all lined up, It looked like steps out there.

Playing down is an advantage for more than just being bigger. You are usually playing more since you are bigger , etc. etc
Not that hard to see. Youth Sports should be by age, is that easy to see. Lacrosse is what it is, I dont see it going back due to Private school influence and better clubs getting most of the holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302681 06/06/20 09:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it’s wrong and unfair. That’s why this is even a topic. If it was right and fair this wouldn’t be a discussion. All normal people would agree 8 year olds playing 6 and 7 year olds isn’t right. The people who play their kids down and do this also know this is wrong. They will try to justify it, trying to make people believe that their kid doesn’t have an advantage over the younger kids. When normal people hear these holdback parents trying to justify it, we roll our eyes or laugh to ourselves. We say these people are pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 56 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
CAMPS & CLINICS
BOTC SPONSORS