BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
What Travel Program
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Need some advice, my son is heading into 7th grade and has been playing for 5 years now. He's been staying with hid town team but his goal is to attend St Anthony's or Chaminade. I've heard so many things but which program would be the best for him to tryout for considering his goals. Thanks!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: What Travel Program
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
Need some advice, my son is heading into 7th grade and has been playing for 5 years now. He's been staying with hid town team but his goal is to attend St Anthony's or Chaminade. I've heard so many things but which program would be the best for him to tryout for considering his goals. Thanks!

Sorry my spelling is bad today! He's been playing with his town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both are excellent lacrosse programs. Getting into Chaminade is far more difficult. Academically there is no comparison. St. Anthonys is co-ed Chaminade is not. Chaminade is not for everyone. Three hours of studying and homework a night is the norm. I take my hat off to the boys who play sports and get good grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Both are excellent lacrosse programs. Getting into Chaminade is far more difficult. Academically there is no comparison. St. Anthonys is co-ed Chaminade is not. Chaminade is not for everyone. Three hours of studying and homework a night is the norm. I take my hat off to the boys who play sports and get good grades.

also, be prepared. I hope you have someone on the inside for both schools. a lot of "freindships" are lurking about...even though you kid maybe a better player. I know this from experience...first hand. kids leave due to this. OR you can just make a huge donation...and play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try Nor'Easter Lax. They are very much involved with college recruiting. First year having select teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I've recently heard about MDP Lacrosse. They are training and doing teams. You may want to look into them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island Express is the team for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, what are my options for Summer 2013 for a child who was injured or not available in the heart of tryout season Mid Sept to now? Are they any options? Or is summer travel not possible. I have seen from past years BOTC posting some teams are still looking for players in late fall/winter/early spring ????

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Question, what are my options for Summer 2013 for a child who was injured or not available in the heart of tryout season Mid Sept to now? Are they any options? Or is summer travel not possible. I have seen from past years BOTC posting some teams are still looking for players in late fall/winter/early spring ????
BOTC will again be carrying details of teams and clubs looking for single position players throughout the year. Note that the Long Island Outlaws are still seeking specific position players as are some of the smaller clubs. If you would like to contact us off-the-board, we will supply you with additional ideas.

Readers? Any suggestions for this poster regarding specific positions/teams seeking players?

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Depending on age group I know Jesters and Express are still filling spots

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are spots open in:
2018, 2019, 2021

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Are spots open in:
2018, 2019, 2021
Your question would be best posed about these age groups in the Express and Jesters threads on the Main Message Board. Perhaps someone will be able to answer in this area, but best to also consider contacting the programs directly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you I will reach out to them. I was hoping for a smaller club,as my son is a "B" player. But I will reach out to them. Thank you once again for your help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Vipers and Outlaws looking for a few players ... depends on the year and the position, but check those threads on this board, and reach out to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is Recon at the 6th & 7th grade level to balance out their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about "Be the best lacrosse club" and what this is all about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know EXCEL Lacrosse will be forming older teams this Spring/Summer. Not sure what age groups but I would call or email them and find out.

I
Imposter
Unregistered
Imposter
Unregistered
I
Excel?
Save you the phone call.
Don't bother !

I know EXCEL Lacrosse will be forming older teams this Spring/Summer. Not sure what age groups but I would call or email them and find out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much for being a moderated forum allowing unjustified and uneducated comments like that from an anonymous poster who titles him/herself "Imposter."

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So much for being a moderated forum allowing unjustified and uneducated comments like that from an anonymous poster who titles him/herself "Imposter."
So, a drive-by poster states that the Excel Lacrosse program is not worth the investment. There are many posts offering pros and cons of different programs - some posters spend time to substantiate their views. "Imposter" clearly did not offer such a foundation. Therefore, isn't the view stamping itself as low-value in the overall scheme?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like yet another uneducated response. "Don't bother" - why? Give us some reasons and help us to understand why you think this program isn't worth your phone call. I am a very happy parent whos son is playing two years with EXCEL now. The EXCEL program is about tapping players potential and challenging them regardless of skill level and ability. My son has played in two other programs which were simply not the case and the players that were not the best on the team simply fell to the wayside. To each his own. If you want a good quality program that truly cares ( not to mention charges 1/4 of what the other programs charge) then it's worth a phone call or email.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, you have no idea what you're saying - at least about Chaminade. Pay to play? Never heard of that one.

Link Copied to Clipboard