BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel that the parents that want some kind of answer , refund and let these clubs be accountable is a small % . The sad thing about all this people will fall back in place and get pushed over by the directors once again when it all clears . Rates will jacked up year after year . Tryouts will increase and there B.S will once again continue. I really hope there is a change .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe this is just what travel lacrosse needed! Maybe people will wake up and smell the coffee! Way to many clubs on the island! One team per grade for all these clubs. I use to complain about two and three teams per grade and fewer clubs but looking at what’s going on the last two years I think the old structure was better especially for the late bloomers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the end, most families will have less disposable income than before the virus. Hard to justify $3000 plus travel. I do see the travel part ending for a while. No one really wants to stay in a packed hotel.

I'm not sure what you mean by old structure. Clubs should have the best team they can get on the field plus a developmental team for kids who are late bloomers, late to the sport and/or need more stick work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope that these large clubs go bankrupt and a new batch of trustworthy and professional owners will develop out of this covid-19 pandemic. Forests regrow when they are burnt down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like the small clubs are any better! Same old story, my son played for big clubs for years, then the last couple of years all these small clubs starting popping up. So we figured what the heck, same old coach speech, one team per grade, keeping all kids, blah blah blah! Had a great first season, told kids at last tourne, happy with that team then cut them! Haven't really heard a peep from them so what's the difference!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These clubs are toast. They all were ripping off the consumer for way to long. Summer tuition includes 4 or 5 tournaments, professional coaching and 15 practices. All are not going to happen = full refund.
Pucker up club owners as you will be getting a taste what you have been doing to the parents for years.
Hopefully you didn't spend money that you didn't earn and can repay what you owe, but I doubt it. Your gravy train has left the station.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe all the zoom clinics , instagram drills and training will be part of tuition $$$ watch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a question..... what travel team has been holding clinic/practices at Kings Park HS? The nets are now locked up due to too many kids on the field. Thank you very much!!! What would you think would happen?? The school allowed the residents of Kings Park access to the field to have somewhere to go to get exercise on “THEIR” track and kids have a place to go with proper social distancing on “THEIR” field which was communicated through the school emails. You decided to come down without a permit and hold a practice with no permission which is completely irresponsible of the coach and organization. Was this your intention? Because you can’t find a place to hold a practice your gonna ruin the opportunity for our community to responsibly have our kids have somewhere to train. We know who the organization is, just not sure if it’s an irresponsible coach or the organization itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is a question..... what travel team has been holding clinic/practices at Kings Park HS? The nets are now locked up due to too many kids on the field. Thank you very much!!! What would you think would happen?? The school allowed the residents of Kings Park access to the field to have somewhere to go to get exercise on “THEIR” track and kids have a place to go with proper social distancing on “THEIR” field which was communicated through the school emails. You decided to come down without a permit and hold a practice with no permission which is completely irresponsible of the coach and organization. Was this your intention? Because you can’t find a place to hold a practice your gonna ruin the opportunity for our community to responsibly have our kids have somewhere to train. We know who the organization is, just not sure if it’s an irresponsible coach or the organization itself.

Blame the school district not the people that went. While I agree a team practice is excessive, of course people were going to take advantage, it's human nature. Which organization ruined it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The school district is trying to do the right thing by the taxpayers, have somewhere for the kids to go. Most of the small groups of kids that have been doing stuff is not a problem. Even if they are from other towns. The problem is is the irresponsible coach or parent who thinks it’s OK to take a team down there for practices. If none of this was going on you still wouldn’t be able to do that without permits. That’s the person I blame.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blame the school district not the people that went. While I agree a team practice is excessive, of course people were going to take advantage, it's human nature. Which organization ruined it?

You can blame the Soccer players. So many of them all over each other. We’ve been there daily and the laxers have been in small groups mostly keeping distance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that a certain girls club has started practicing despite the fact that they could be fined 10,000. Guess they really don't want to give those refunds!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks a lot Kings Park.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is everyone's thoughts on this summer tournament season? Do you think it will happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that a certain girls club has started practicing despite the fact that they could be fined 10,000. Guess they really don't want to give those refunds!

Why say "certain girls club" Why don't you call them out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay out of the park

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks a lot Kings Park.

How is this Kings Park's fault?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed how’s this kings park’s fault, just another crazy lax parent who only cares about themselves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is everyone's thoughts on this summer tournament season? Do you think it will happen?

I think it will happen in August

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New US Lacrosse Return to Play guidelines hot off the press and extending the NCAA Dead period to July 31... I think not looking good for summer tournaments...?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blame the person on the other thread whotold everyone that Kings Park field was open.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These clubs are toast. They all were ripping off the consumer for way to long. Summer tuition includes 4 or 5 tournaments, professional coaching and 15 practices. All are not going to happen = full refund.
Pucker up club owners as you will be getting a taste what you have been doing to the parents for years.
Hopefully you didn't spend money that you didn't earn and can repay what you owe, but I doubt it. Your gravy train has left the station.

How can you expect a Full Refund, are you serious. Maybe credit towards next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New US Lacrosse Return to Play guidelines hot off the press and extending the NCAA Dead period to July 31... I think not looking good for summer tournaments...?

Agree not looking good for summer. I can't image here on LI we are going to get to stage 5 by late July or early Aug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can you expect a Full Refund, are you serious. Maybe credit towards next year.

I am not a bank, why should they hold my money for over a year? Full refund, no. 75% is more than reasonable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about rising Seniors who won't be playing next year??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree not looking good for summer. I can't image here on LI we are going to get to stage 5 by late July or early Aug.

Willing to travel 😜

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full refund is in order for summer tuition. 4 or 5 tournaments/professional coaching/15 practices, none of which will be provided. So yes a full refund is in order. Why is a credit in order ?
We paid for a service that will not be provided.
Clubs owners on here posting that credits are in order is comical. Shouldn't have spent money that you didn't earn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it True legacy is practicing ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a bank, why should they hold my money for over a year? Full refund, no. 75% is more than reasonable.

i think most parents on our teams are waiting to see what goes on before asking about a refund. if we can play in late July or August that is one thing and one refund amount. if we cant play at all that is another refund amount. either way most are expecting some kind of refund, but no need to jump the gun and ask for refund now before we fully know what is going on. we lost the last month of our indoor training, and then you figure at a min of 3 month of outdoor practices. i know some that haven't been attending zoom meeting b.c they feel its is pointless, but if any club tries to pawn them off as practices, they may have riots on there hands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of their players are posting practices on social media. Just shows the mentality of the lax community. Parents, kids will not get an edge on anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of their players are posting practices on social media. Just shows the mentality of the lax community. Parents, kids will not get an edge on anything.

Most Maryland teams can start practicing in small groups today after 5pm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can you ask for even 75%. Fall and winter practices, fall tournaments, maybe some apparel or equipment, ect…. We do not even know what is going to happen in the summer. Maybe 1 or 2 tournament. Why don't you wait and see before demanding a refund.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: TM@BOTC] #302427 8 hours ago
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stop already. It isn’t some complex, high tech thing to figure out. It’s a business. The goal of every business is to make money. That comes before anything else. Money, money, money. Your kid getting better in lacrosse is nice, but not nearly as important to the club as profits. Your son met nice new friends, that’s great, but to the club that means little as compared to profits. You lost your job, see if the club carries you for free next year, not happening. Maybe some 12 month payment plan will be applied, not free. If a club has 25 kids on a team paying 4000 bucks each. That’s 100 grand a team. 1 team per grade is 10 teams, that’s 1 millon bucks. Some clubs have 2 or 3 teams per grade, that’s 2 to 3 million bucks. Let’s use the 1 team per grade example. 1 million bucks coming in.

The money going out:
2 paid coaches per team. I’ll say 150 to 200 grand for the 10 teams.
Tournaments:let’s say 7 tournaments 1000 each, 10 teams 70 grand.
Uniforms: 100 per kid, 250 kids, 25 grand
Field permits/insurance: I’ll say 100 grand

In reality a club with 25 kids per team, 1 team per grade is making about 600 grand profit.
2 teams per grade 1.2 million profit.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with making profits. My business makes a nice profit too. That’s why people go to work, that’s why people start businesses, to make as much money as they can for their families. I just think that this particular year, with this horrific situation, a good portion of those profits need to be returned to the customers. This without question should be done. I’ve been in business a long time, I truly believe doing the right thing now, will actually reward those clubs with business later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply Quote
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stop already. It isn’t some complex, high tech thing to figure out. It’s a business. The goal of every business is to make money. That comes before anything else. Money, money, money. Your kid getting better in lacrosse is nice, but not nearly as important to the club as profits. Your son met nice new friends, that’s great, but to the club that means little as compared to profits. You lost your job, see if the club carries you for free next year, not happening. Maybe some 12 month payment plan will be applied, not free. If a club has 25 kids on a team paying 4000 bucks each. That’s 100 grand a team. 1 team per grade is 10 teams, that’s 1 millon bucks. Some clubs have 2 or 3 teams per grade, that’s 2 to 3 million bucks. Let’s use the 1 team per grade example. 1 million bucks coming in.

The money going out:

In reality a club with 25 kids per team, 1 team per grade is making about 600 grand profit.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with making profits. My business makes a nice profit too. That’s why people go to work, that’s why people start businesses, to make as much money as they can for their families. I just think that this particular year, with this horrific situation, a good portion of those profits need to be returned to the customers. This without question should be done. I’ve been in business a long time, I truly believe doing the right thing now, will actually reward those clubs with business later.

You really think 1 team makes 600 grand profit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60 grand profit per team. 10 teams, 600 grand profit to the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now 91 is selling helmet covid shields for helmets @ $30 . When does it ever Door_Open_And’in end . Come on really ?? Bet this wasn't thought over night and it was in the works for some time . Greed at its highest level .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply Quote
Anonymous
Unregistered

The money going out:

You really think 1 team makes 600 grand profit

Reread what he said. He says with one team per grade or 10 teams total for the club.....his numbers are right on.
You do have to add on some more expenses but no doubt clubs do really well. And when you can disperse you fixed expenses over more players, equals more profits. The big boys were killing it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now 91 is selling helmet covid shields for helmets @ $30 . When does it ever Door_Open_And’in end . Come on really ?? Bet this wasn't thought over night and it was in the works for some time . Greed at its highest level .

Dude you're a stunad... that's the cost of the shield. Out of all of the idiotic expenses that we waste money on, you are going to criticize the cost of protective equipment for your kid? It should be MANDATORY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club was selling them for $20 each, not $30, somebody is taking a profit somewhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude you're a stunad... that's the cost of the shield. Out of all of the idiotic expenses that we waste money on, you are going to criticize the cost of protective equipment for your kid? It should be MANDATORY

We should wear masks over our mouths too? Should be limited checking also. Girls rules might be a great option? No faceoffs either, to close.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 28 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard