SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 46 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 45 46
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
Anonymous #302418 05/28/20 07:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New US Lacrosse Return to Play guidelines hot off the press and extending the NCAA Dead period to July 31... I think not looking good for summer tournaments...?

Agree not looking good for summer. I can't image here on LI we are going to get to stage 5 by late July or early Aug.

Willing to travel 😜

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #302419 05/28/20 09:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full refund is in order for summer tuition. 4 or 5 tournaments/professional coaching/15 practices, none of which will be provided. So yes a full refund is in order. Why is a credit in order ?
We paid for a service that will not be provided.
Clubs owners on here posting that credits are in order is comical. Shouldn't have spent money that you didn't earn.

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #302422 05/28/20 11:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it True legacy is practicing ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302424 05/28/20 11:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These clubs are toast. They all were ripping off the consumer for way to long. Summer tuition includes 4 or 5 tournaments, professional coaching and 15 practices. All are not going to happen = full refund.
Pucker up club owners as you will be getting a taste what you have been doing to the parents for years.
Hopefully you didn't spend money that you didn't earn and can repay what you owe, but I doubt it. Your gravy train has left the station.

How can you expect a Full Refund, are you serious. Maybe credit towards next year.

I am not a bank, why should they hold my money for over a year? Full refund, no. 75% is more than reasonable.

i think most parents on our teams are waiting to see what goes on before asking about a refund. if we can play in late July or August that is one thing and one refund amount. if we cant play at all that is another refund amount. either way most are expecting some kind of refund, but no need to jump the gun and ask for refund now before we fully know what is going on. we lost the last month of our indoor training, and then you figure at a min of 3 month of outdoor practices. i know some that haven't been attending zoom meeting b.c they feel its is pointless, but if any club tries to pawn them off as practices, they may have riots on there hands.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302425 05/29/20 06:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of their players are posting practices on social media. Just shows the mentality of the lax community. Parents, kids will not get an edge on anything.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #302432 05/29/20 11:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of their players are posting practices on social media. Just shows the mentality of the lax community. Parents, kids will not get an edge on anything.

Most Maryland teams can start practicing in small groups today after 5pm.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302439 05/29/20 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These clubs are toast. They all were ripping off the consumer for way to long. Summer tuition includes 4 or 5 tournaments, professional coaching and 15 practices. All are not going to happen = full refund.
Pucker up club owners as you will be getting a taste what you have been doing to the parents for years.
Hopefully you didn't spend money that you didn't earn and can repay what you owe, but I doubt it. Your gravy train has left the station.

How can you expect a Full Refund, are you serious. Maybe credit towards next year.

I am not a bank, why should they hold my money for over a year? Full refund, no. 75% is more than reasonable.

How can you ask for even 75%. Fall and winter practices, fall tournaments, maybe some apparel or equipment, ect…. We do not even know what is going to happen in the summer. Maybe 1 or 2 tournament. Why don't you wait and see before demanding a refund.

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #302441 05/29/20 06:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 [Re: TM@BOTC] #302427 8 hours ago
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stop already. It isn’t some complex, high tech thing to figure out. It’s a business. The goal of every business is to make money. That comes before anything else. Money, money, money. Your kid getting better in lacrosse is nice, but not nearly as important to the club as profits. Your son met nice new friends, that’s great, but to the club that means little as compared to profits. You lost your job, see if the club carries you for free next year, not happening. Maybe some 12 month payment plan will be applied, not free. If a club has 25 kids on a team paying 4000 bucks each. That’s 100 grand a team. 1 team per grade is 10 teams, that’s 1 millon bucks. Some clubs have 2 or 3 teams per grade, that’s 2 to 3 million bucks. Let’s use the 1 team per grade example. 1 million bucks coming in.

The money going out:
2 paid coaches per team. I’ll say 150 to 200 grand for the 10 teams.
Tournaments:let’s say 7 tournaments 1000 each, 10 teams 70 grand.
Uniforms: 100 per kid, 250 kids, 25 grand
Field permits/insurance: I’ll say 100 grand

In reality a club with 25 kids per team, 1 team per grade is making about 600 grand profit.
2 teams per grade 1.2 million profit.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with making profits. My business makes a nice profit too. That’s why people go to work, that’s why people start businesses, to make as much money as they can for their families. I just think that this particular year, with this horrific situation, a good portion of those profits need to be returned to the customers. This without question should be done. I’ve been in business a long time, I truly believe doing the right thing now, will actually reward those clubs with business later.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302443 05/29/20 09:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply Quote
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stop already. It isn’t some complex, high tech thing to figure out. It’s a business. The goal of every business is to make money. That comes before anything else. Money, money, money. Your kid getting better in lacrosse is nice, but not nearly as important to the club as profits. Your son met nice new friends, that’s great, but to the club that means little as compared to profits. You lost your job, see if the club carries you for free next year, not happening. Maybe some 12 month payment plan will be applied, not free. If a club has 25 kids on a team paying 4000 bucks each. That’s 100 grand a team. 1 team per grade is 10 teams, that’s 1 millon bucks. Some clubs have 2 or 3 teams per grade, that’s 2 to 3 million bucks. Let’s use the 1 team per grade example. 1 million bucks coming in.

The money going out:

In reality a club with 25 kids per team, 1 team per grade is making about 600 grand profit.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with making profits. My business makes a nice profit too. That’s why people go to work, that’s why people start businesses, to make as much money as they can for their families. I just think that this particular year, with this horrific situation, a good portion of those profits need to be returned to the customers. This without question should be done. I’ve been in business a long time, I truly believe doing the right thing now, will actually reward those clubs with business later.

You really think 1 team makes 600 grand profit

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #302444 05/29/20 11:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60 grand profit per team. 10 teams, 600 grand profit to the club.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
LaxMod #302446 05/30/20 12:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now 91 is selling helmet covid shields for helmets @ $30 . When does it ever Door_Open_And’in end . Come on really ?? Bet this wasn't thought over night and it was in the works for some time . Greed at its highest level .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302447 05/30/20 08:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply Quote
Anonymous
Unregistered

The money going out:

You really think 1 team makes 600 grand profit

Reread what he said. He says with one team per grade or 10 teams total for the club.....his numbers are right on.
You do have to add on some more expenses but no doubt clubs do really well. And when you can disperse you fixed expenses over more players, equals more profits. The big boys were killing it!

Like Reply Quote
LaxMod #302448 05/30/20 10:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now 91 is selling helmet covid shields for helmets @ $30 . When does it ever Door_Open_And’in end . Come on really ?? Bet this wasn't thought over night and it was in the works for some time . Greed at its highest level .

Dude you're a stunad... that's the cost of the shield. Out of all of the idiotic expenses that we waste money on, you are going to criticize the cost of protective equipment for your kid? It should be MANDATORY

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302449 05/30/20 11:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club was selling them for $20 each, not $30, somebody is taking a profit somewhere

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302450 05/30/20 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude you're a stunad... that's the cost of the shield. Out of all of the idiotic expenses that we waste money on, you are going to criticize the cost of protective equipment for your kid? It should be MANDATORY

We should wear masks over our mouths too? Should be limited checking also. Girls rules might be a great option? No faceoffs either, to close.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 46 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 45 46
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
CAMPS & CLINICS
BOTC SPONSORS