SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 56 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 55 56
Re: Age and Reclassification. The good the bad the ugly!
Anonymous #302377 05/28/20 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s not changing, now with this pandemic, forget about it. Kids missing a year, it’s double holdback time the next few years. It was a circus, now it’s going to be a complete unorganized mess. Crazy parents holding their kids back will even be worse than before. It’s ridiculous. At the end of this, the funny part is if he is lucky, he will work a lax camp and make 500 bucks a week. Play professional and make 400 bucks a week. Lots of people will look back when it’s all over and say, why was I such a wack job parent. Why did I hold my kid back twice. Why did my kid graduate college at 25. What was the purpose? What was the benefit? There will be no answer for you.

Or the parent will say wow my kid was young for his age and now he is on age and got accepted into brown. He played 2 years at brown and then got injured and quit the game but stayed at brown made amazing friends and got a spectacular education at school he would not have gotten into without lacrosse and is going to the Kellogg school of management at northwestern. Will soon be graduating and making a lot more than 500 a week. Just saying ;-). But keep complaining parents, it’s a good read.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

lax516 #302379 05/28/20 09:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks prevalent in which towns... Huntington, CSH, Manhasset... where else?

Wait, what? I thought LI didn't do holdbacks and only complained that any tall, fast Maryland layer must be a holdback...

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302383 05/28/20 10:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chances are he would have got into Brown being normal age. My mother graduated an ivy at 22 years old. Obviously you didn’t go to a Brown if you can’t see the point that was being made.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302390 05/28/20 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, what? I thought LI didn't do holdbacks and only complained that any tall, fast Maryland layer must be a holdback...

There are absolutely no holdbacks at Huntington high school, I can tell you that! I think you're confusing St. Anthony's being listed as in Huntington. St. Anthony's is notorious with CoachC being there as well as academic grades being padded.

CSH, Manhasset, West Islip, Ward Melville, Mt Sinai, Syosset, Port, Pequa, yes....absolutely. Huntington, that's hysterical!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302435 05/29/20 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are absolutely no holdbacks at Huntington high school, I can tell you that! I think you're confusing St. Anthony's being listed as in Huntington. St. Anthony's is notorious with CoachC being there as well as academic grades being padded.

CSH, Manhasset, West Islip, Ward Melville, Mt Sinai, Syosset, Port, Pequa, yes....absolutely. Huntington, that's hysterical!

I dont know anything about LI HS lacrosse, but I have heard many comments on the sidelines from LI youth lacrosse parents about good players that are taller, faster or better than their players being a holdback. Seems like that is their first thought rather than there may be a player or two or three that is better than their kid.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #302436 05/29/20 01:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont know anything about LI HS lacrosse, but I have heard many comments on the sidelines from LI youth lacrosse parents about good players that are taller, faster or better than their players being a holdback. Seems like that is their first thought rather than there may be a player or two or three that is better than their kid.

I watched and listened to a LI Head Coach coach walk past an opposing team this fall and openly express giving up before they stepped on the field because the other team were "men" and it "was not fair or right", Call BS, say what you will, but it literally left me speechless and sad for the kids playing on his team

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302454 05/30/20 06:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no holdbacks at WM. If you think holding your kid out with a birthday between Sept 1 and Dec 1 in kindergarten you are right, we might have 1 or 2. Other then that we don't have players repeat grades

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302470 05/31/20 07:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not changing, now with this pandemic, forget about it. Kids missing a year, it’s double holdback time the next few years. It was a circus, now it’s going to be a complete unorganized mess. Crazy parents holding their kids back will even be worse than before. It’s ridiculous. At the end of this, the funny part is if he is lucky, he will work a lax camp and make 500 bucks a week. Play professional and make 400 bucks a week. Lots of people will look back when it’s all over and say, why was I such a wack job parent. Why did I hold my kid back twice. Why did my kid graduate college at 25. What was the purpose? What was the benefit? There will be no answer for you.

Yes, But for a few years that Double/Single Holdback was King of the Hill ! Running over those younger players in youth , being the oldest player on his High School team, and then finally playing a niche sport where the most fans you get in college may be the parents and 50-60 fans if you are lucky. As you graduate with that Communication degree, the world is yours! Yep, it was worth it .

Why is the holdback any different than the on age in this scenario?

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302474 06/01/20 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point he is making is getting a college degree and playing lacrosse in front of 290 fans can probably be accomplished by playing on age.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302478 06/01/20 09:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, But for a few years that Double/Single Holdback was King of the Hill ! Running over those younger players in youth , being the oldest player on his High School team, and then finally playing a niche sport where the most fans you get in college may be the parents and 50-60 fans if you are lucky. As you graduate with that Communication degree, the world is yours! Yep, it was worth it .

And to continue the story your son, who rode the bench in high school, goes to some liberal arts D3 college in the NE that costs you $60k per year so he continue to ride the pine in the same niche sport and gets a similarly watered down degree. The world is his! Yep it was all worth it.....

Come on man, can you please stop? Your story and the one I added to it are both incredibly insulting and obtuse. How about the kids have a memorable youth, go to a great college of their choosing based upon their academic and extra-curricular activities, are blessed to play a sport they have passion for at a level they aspire to play, get the benefit of caring coaches and committed teachers, create many long term friendships, earn a valuable degree and become productive members of the community? This indeed happens for student athletes who graduate h/s at 17, 18 and 19. My son experienced this outcome, employees of mine have experienced this outcome and many friends of mine have experienced this outcome. Can you please all stop flinging mud at each other on this decisive topic??

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #302487 06/01/20 11:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And to continue the story your son, who rode the bench in high school, goes to some liberal arts D3 college in the NE that costs you $60k per year so he continue to ride the pine in the same niche sport and gets a similarly watered down degree. The world is his! Yep it was all worth it.....

Come on man, can you please stop? Your story and the one I added to it are both incredibly insulting and obtuse. How about the kids have a memorable youth, go to a great college of their choosing based upon their academic and extra-curricular activities, are blessed to play a sport they have passion for at a level they aspire to play, get the benefit of caring coaches and committed teachers, create many long term friendships, earn a valuable degree and become productive members of the community? This indeed happens for student athletes who graduate h/s at 17, 18 and 19. My son experienced this outcome, employees of mine have experienced this outcome and many friends of mine have experienced this outcome. Can you please all stop flinging mud at each other on this decisive topic??

yeah i know who rocked out on Princeton Review for their SATs...Mr "obtuse"

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302495 06/01/20 01:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you and your buddies all sit around the water cooler and talk about your glory days of running over other children that were one to two years younger in your youth?. I bet that is some fun conversations !

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302501 06/01/20 03:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older kids played lacrosse when the divisions were U15, U13, U11, etc. Every other year they would be playing with kids older than them. Not once back then do I remember thinking "darn, this is unfair". Are you going to complain in HS when there are kids 4 years older than him?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302507 06/01/20 04:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older kids played lacrosse when the divisions were U15, U13, U11, etc. Every other year they would be playing with kids older than them. Not once back then do I remember thinking "darn, this is unfair". Are you going to complain in HS when there are kids 4 years older than him?

Some people are born complainers - it's not their fault - they need to whine , cry , point fingers & make excuses.

Like Reply Quote
lax516 #302508 06/01/20 04:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But now it’s year by year
They corrected that mistake. Hopefully they will correct the grade mistake too. It’s as simple as black and white. It’s not even a debate anymore. Youth kids play their age. That’s it, end of discussion. I just read somewhere a 13 year old just graduated college. I think it was Fullerton state. Hypothetically if this kid wanted to play lacrosse, I’d say he should play with other 13 year olds. How is this topic even a discussion?

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 56 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 55 56
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
CAMPS & CLINICS
BOTC SPONSORS