BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,584
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 58 of 220 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was there and it didn't happen, so there... Remember there are always three sides to a story (His, Hers, and the Truth). There are too many people here that post false info to stir the pot. The fact that you post without a name makes your claim useless. Please start a new thread for this topic and continue it elsewhere. It has nothing to do with Top Guns. It was not an event with a Top Gun Team as our first practice is this weekend. This is a SC thing and a parent you claim has a kid on TG. And remember I was there and this never happened (so this post has to be true, because people can't post stuff that isn't true) Ohhhhh and I'm just a bystander, with no kids in LAX, and I have been given past awards for honesty... even though I said "our first practice"... Oooooops
What are you five years old? Grow up you moron. You must be a TG parent.

SS missing first practice?

Considering she is Coaching in the CAA final today Yes

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there and it didn't happen, so there... Remember there are always three sides to a story (His, Hers, and the Truth). There are too many people here that post false info to stir the pot. The fact that you post without a name makes your claim useless. Please start a new thread for this topic and continue it elsewhere. It has nothing to do with Top Guns. It was not an event with a Top Gun Team as our first practice is this weekend. This is a SC thing and a parent you claim has a kid on TG. And remember I was there and this never happened (so this post has to be true, because people can't post stuff that isn't true) Ohhhhh and I'm just a bystander, with no kids in LAX, and I have been given past awards for honesty... even though I said "our first practice"... Oooooops
What are you five years old? Grow up you moron. You must be a TG parent.

SS missing first practice?

Considering she is Coaching in the CAA final today Yes

She has always missed the first practice . She was in the confrence playoffs and NCAA tournament every year!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen the middle country team many times .Their 6 th grade coach should be ashamed of himself .If they think they have a tuff game coming they actually bring in kids from other towns ( yes TG players) who are not on their roster to play.They will not come on here and deny it because if they do I will send pictures to the league proving it. No I did not report this to the league because I honestly could not care less who wins scgl games and in the end would just hurt the girls who just want to play.That being said they use the stall method all the time, if they have a lead they stall for 15 minutes at times which is such a cheesy thing to do when there is no stick checking and the refs are bad enough that they never call 3 seconds for closely guarded.It's not the NCAA or even varsity but their coach thinks he is some sort of lacrosse guru when in reality he is a complete tool taking advantage of scgl rules.
Just out of curiosity, what do the SCGYL rules say about bringing kids in from other towns? I’m also wondering what kind of idiotic parents would allow their kid to play as a ringer for another town team. They’re just telling their daughter that it’s ok to cheat if you want to win. Do you tell her to do that in school as well? Unless her town doesn’t have a team, she should stick with her own team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know in Nassau County there are different rules depending on the circumstances ie: if that town doesn't have a team for that age. We aged out of Town teams, but who cares anyway. Maybe you can take a certain number of out of towners on a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what the rules are, but I agree that the parents made the wrong call on this one. Kids should be taught to work hard to achieve something, not cheat.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know in Nassau County there are different rules depending on the circumstances ie: if that town doesn't have a team for that age. We aged out of Town teams, but who cares anyway. Maybe you can take a certain number of out of towners on a team.

Similarly to PAL, the child would have to get a release from the town they reside in. As you said, if a town doesn't have a team, I believe the child can choose where to play. As we all know, at times the relationship between the player, parents,and coach may be frictional and and at times even cancerous, and the director would then determine what they think is best for the town and the child. Quite often, a town doesn't have an appropriate team (ie; A, B, or C) for the child to play on and the director would normally allow the child to find a team that is a better fit. I don't believe most directors, and I emphasize "most," allow a child to either leave, or enter, another program for the point of "stacking" a team. If something like this does take place, SCGL is supposed to step in and police the situation, which they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Similarly to PAL, the child would have to get a release from the town they reside in. As you said, if a town doesn't have a team, I believe the child can choose where to play. As we all know, at times the relationship between the player, parents,and coach may be frictional and and at times even cancerous, and the director would then determine what they think is best for the town and the child. Quite often, a town doesn't have an appropriate team (ie; A, B, or C) for the child to play on and the director would normally allow the child to find a team that is a better fit. I don't believe most directors, and I emphasize "most," allow a child to either leave, or enter, another program for the point of "stacking" a team. If something like this does take place, SCGL is supposed to step in and police the situation, which they do.

So your saying I can plead my case to the league and be allowed to play for another town? So if my daughters coach was all about his own daughter, who never sees the bench (and not because she's good), while the rest of team gets the short end, your saying I can get excused. This scenerio plays out all too often with parent coaches so you still run the risk its happenikng on the team your going to as well. We seriously need a local travel leauge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what you’re saying is that if you or your kid do not get along with the coach or you feel your kid is too good for that team, you find another team. What if you don’t get along with that coach, or again you feel the team is not up to your daughters standards. Not only is that a terrible attitude, it’s not fair to the kids that truly belong on the team and who are losing playing time because your daughter. What happens if she gets to HS and the team is not to her liking, do you sell your house and move to another district?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know when returning players will get this years uniforms? they were not given out at practice yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like typical TG Psycho Parent stuff.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People move out of school distrcts all the time or send to private schools for many reasons. As far as a kid playing SCGL for another township there could be multiple reasons why ,some of which are no ones business.That being said if a childs parents ask for a release I think iy should be granted but they should have to go to the nearest suitable program, ie if an A level player go to the nearest age appropriate town team.There are too many reasons to list that kids may want to get a release from their town to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People move out of school distrcts all the time or send to private schools for many reasons. As far as a kid playing SCGL for another township there could be multiple reasons why ,some of which are no ones business.That being said if a childs parents ask for a release I think iy should be granted but they should have to go to the nearest suitable program, ie if an A level player go to the nearest age appropriate town team.There are too many reasons to list that kids may want to get a release from their town to play.
There’s only one reason, the parents are jerks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe her town team only plays in the A division and the kid is a beginner or the other way around. Maybe its easier to have the kid play where here parents work, maybe the kid goes to private school and wants to play with her friends from school,maybe there is an unresolved personal issue with the coach, maybe the hometown coach is one of those coaches we all say I would not let my kid play for but then you go and knock the kid when they dont.As long as they followed SCGL rules and are on the roster it is none of your business, so stop being a wash women and shut your mouth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe her town team only plays in the A division and the kid is a beginner or the other way around. Maybe its easier to have the kid play where here parents work, maybe the kid goes to private school and wants to play with her friends from school,maybe there is an unresolved personal issue with the coach, maybe the hometown coach is one of those coaches we all say I would not let my kid play for but then you go and knock the kid when they dont.As long as they followed SCGL rules and are on the roster it is none of your business, so stop being a wash women and shut your mouth.
I don’t think the ringer that the MC coach brought in was a beginner. Just typical TG Psycho Parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really missed the point who knows why this kid plays with another town but so long as it was done by the rules, who cares. By the way I have no idea if they got a release from their town etc. or not,if they did not she should not be allowed to play if she did then leave her alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know when returning players will get this years uniforms? they were not given out at practice yesterday

You only get one uniform your first year. After that you have to buy one if you want a new one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO she isnt a begginer but if you knew everything you would be ashamed of yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First year TG Parent and was very impressed with the practice yesterday. The girls looked great and I want to wish them luck this year. My daughter said that all the girls couldn't be nicer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like too many of the coaches are jerks. Seriously, look at all the crap that fills these boards. Half of the coaches are unfit for the position. Most all of the crazy screaming and carrying on is on the coaches. Not that my kids coaches are too bad, but I often say leaving game "I would never let my kid play for that coach" so many of these people are the town coaches, and because you live in that town you are stuck playing for some over the top [lacrosse]. LIJS and other leagues have it right, give people a choice. The person above is probaly one of the [lacrosse] coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You only get one uniform your first year. After that you have to buy one if you want a new one.

The member info states a uniform is included each year- they cant possibly expect that crap pinnie to last beyond a summer! I have accepted that thecgirls have the most ill fitting uniforms on the fields but the organization cant be that cheap!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go play for a different team. If you do not like a coach, the uniforms, the director, the kids, the cost, the parents etc... Go play for another club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The member info states a uniform is included each year- they cant possibly expect that crap pinnie to last beyond a summer! I have accepted that thecgirls have the most ill fitting uniforms on the fields but the organization cant be that cheap!
Go play the other club if you’re not happy, just watch out for the tobacco spit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go play the other club if you’re not happy, just watch out for the tobacco spit.

Gotta admit though, the girls look great in the high end uniforms, jackets and all the rest. Half of them are on team E or D and can't catch or throw, but look great off the field. My kid can play like heck, but does look shabby in the dress department due to the use of cheezy pinneys as uniforms. Not overly concerned, but it would be nice to upgrade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta admit though, the girls look great in the high end uniforms, jackets and all the rest. Half of them are on team E or D and can't catch or throw, but look great off the field. My kid can play like heck, but does look shabby in the dress department due to the use of cheezy pinneys as uniforms. Not overly concerned, but it would be nice to upgrade.
She would probably be one of those so called ‘D’ or ‘E’ kids if she tried out for a higher end club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you guys should sing the Barney song when you walk onto the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$1300 a player and the girls don't get a new uniform?? We know they Re making a fortune off the players and Bill has made it clear he was not upgrading uniforms but To have the girls play in torn, dirty pinnies that dont have numbers is disgraceful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play like heck she must be great, and I agree those kids that are terrible on D,E teams definately do not deserve to have nicer uniforms than your kid who can play like heck, those kids should be wearing used garbage bags like our top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah..the heck with this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$1300 a player and the girls don't get a new uniform?? We know they Re making a fortune off the players and Bill has made it clear he was not upgrading uniforms but To have the girls play in torn, dirty pinnies that dont have numbers is disgraceful.

Someone must be playing a joke guys, the organization is shoddy but they at least have to give new pinnies out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She would probably be one of those so called ‘D’ or ‘E’ kids if she tried out for a higher end club.

If you think that is the case, a player from YJ's forth or fifth team is equal to a TG first team player you are delusional. I'm sure you need to tell yourself that to sleep at night just to justify spending the money. Those teams are miles from being competitive. Some of your age groups have an edge and some do not. Don't get me wrong, I know and respect that your top teams are very strong, if you think that TG teams don't stack up, especially the lower ages, you are in denial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta admit though, the girls look great in the high end uniforms, jackets and all the rest. Half of them are on team E or D and can't catch or throw, but look great off the field. My kid can play like heck, but does look shabby in the dress department due to the use of cheezy pinneys as uniforms. Not overly concerned, but it would be nice to upgrade. [/quote]She would probably be one of those so called ‘D’ or ‘E’ kids if she tried out for a higher end club. [/quote]

If you think that is the case, a player from YJ's forth or fifth team is equal to a TG first team player you are delusional. I'm sure you need to tell yourself that to sleep at night just to justify spending the money. Those teams are miles from being competitive. Some of your age groups have an edge and some do not. Don't get me wrong, I know and respect that your top teams are very strong, if you think that TG teams don't stack up, especially the lower ages, you are in denial. [/quote]

Have to agree your younger age teams are very good (2019-2020),not as good at older levels .
Had considered a shift to TG but the concern I had was who knew where SS was going to end up considering she was just a college kid at the time.What would TG be if SS had been offered a boat load of money to coach out of state.You still have to be concerned with what her involvement will be with the club due to time constraints and NCAA regulations with recruiting age kids.I still do not see how she will be able to avoid problems at the recruiting ages in that some of those kids fall outside the 50 mile radius thing.As SS is the overwhelming main draw for TG and I am sure many would not have joined if they thought she would have little involvement.That being said I hope it works out for the kids in the club as they work very hard and deserve to get what they thought they were paying for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is play like heck mean she is good. From 2014 down , no way TG team beats any top YJ team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She would probably be one of those so called ‘D’ or ‘E’ kids if she tried out for a higher end club. [/quote]

If you think that is the case, a player from YJ's forth or fifth team is equal to a TG first team player you are delusional. I'm sure you need to tell yourself that to sleep at night just to justify spending the money. Those teams are miles from being competitive. Some of your age groups have an edge and some do not. Don't get me wrong, I know and respect that your top teams are very strong, if you think that TG teams don't stack up, especially the lower ages, you are in denial. [/quote]

Have to agree your younger age teams are very good (2019-2020),not as good at older levels .
Had considered a shift to TG but the concern I had was who knew where SS was going to end up considering she was just a college kid at the time.What would TG be if SS had been offered a boat load of money to coach out of state.You still have to be concerned with what her involvement will be with the club due to time constraints and NCAA regulations with recruiting age kids.I still do not see how she will be able to avoid problems at the recruiting ages in that some of those kids fall outside the 50 mile radius thing.As SS is the overwhelming main draw for TG and I am sure many would not have joined if they thought she would have little involvement.That being said I hope it works out for the kids in the club as they work very hard and deserve to get what they thought they were paying for. [/quote]

YJ top team in each age group is always excellent. In,fact, in the older age groups, the top 2 teams are awesome. Starting with 2017 and going younger, that's not the case any more. Too much competition from too many other programs. the second teams in 2017 and below certainly have some great players, but they dont have the depth of the older groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]First year TG Parent and was very impressed with the practice yesterday. The girls looked great and I want to wish them luck this year. My daughter said that all the girls couldn't be nicer.

Welcome to the show First year TG Parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is play like heck mean she is good. From 2014 down , no way TG team beats any top YJ team.

Guaranteed this is not a YJ player or parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played for TG last year. We were not on the black team, which for many is an OK experience. Our experience on the B Team was excruciating. The facts:

1. If you are paying for travel, to me the number 1 thing you want is great coaching, so they can progress. Whether its the A team or the E team. Our team had some very capable players and TG blew an opportunity to develop them.
2. College kids may be great players but that does not make them great coaches. Our coach was cute and nice, but abysmal as a coach. My kid got zero encouragement and the coach did not even know how to use her on the field.
3. The "family" means the smith family, not yours.
4. There is no respect for league play. The girls who play for Top Guns all play league and games are on sundays. You are expected to make TG your priority and not only is missing practice (also, conincidentally, on Sundays) frowned upon but they punish the kids by ignoring them and not playing them. Travel season is the summer. Not the spring. How dare you put these kids and families in the position of having to choose you over an organization they have played with for years and will continue to play for until they graduate! It's disgustingly selfish and SCGL should send you a warning.
5. I am a customer, and I deserve decent service. If my kid isn't learning because you are not investing resources in her team when I am paying you good money to do so, I will go elsewhere.

And we did. We are now at YJ, and we love our coach, and the fact that the program actually supports putting our league first during league season - and even states that if your league is at a tournament you should play for THEM. My daughter made a great team and they value her and its obvious. It may not be the top top team, but I don't care. Our team does extra practices (not just the 10 they have to do). They work the girls hard, but are flexible with us, and we even have a team mom, who is wonderful. We are treated with respect not like cattle, or a number, or a cash cow.

We are not the only ones who feel this way.

Lack of respect
Lack of customer service.
Lack of coaching.

Bye bye TG. We don't miss you. Not even a little. And the thing is, as pissed off as I am - my poor kid had to endure that horrible year in a program that she should enjoy, that she should be proud of. Hall of shame, only place for you, TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played for TG last year. We were not on the black team, which for many is an OK experience. Our experience on the B Team was excruciating. The facts:

1. If you are paying for travel, to me the number 1 thing you want is great coaching, so they can progress. Whether its the A team or the E team. Our team had some very capable players and TG blew an opportunity to develop them.
2. College kids may be great players but that does not make them great coaches. Our coach was cute and nice, but abysmal as a coach. My kid got zero encouragement and the coach did not even know how to use her on the field.
4. There is no respect for league play. The girls who play for Top Guns all play league and games are on sundays. You are expected to make TG your priority and not only is missing practice (also, conincidentally, on Sundays) frowned upon but they punish the kids by ignoring them and not playing them. Travel season is the summer. Not the spring. How dare you put these kids and families in the position of having to choose you over an organization they have played with for years and will continue to play for until they graduate! It's disgustingly selfish and SCGL should send you a warning.
5. I am a customer, and I deserve decent service. If my kid isn't learning because you are not investing resources in her team when I am paying you good money to do so, I will go elsewhere.

And we did. We are now at YJ, and we love our coach, and the fact that the program actually supports putting our league first during league season - and even states that if your league is at a tournament you should play for THEM. My daughter made a great team and they value her and its obvious. It may not be the top top team, but I don't care. Our team does extra practices (not just the 10 they have to do). They work the girls hard, but are flexible with us, and we even have a team mom, who is wonderful. We are treated with respect not like cattle, or a number, or a cash cow.

Lack of respect
Lack of coaching.

Bye bye TG. We don't miss you. Not even a little. And the thing is, as pissed off as I am - my poor kid had to endure that horrible year in a program that she should enjoy, that she should be proud of. Hall of shame, only place for you, TG.

BA BYE !!!

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Lack of respect
Lack of coaching.

BA BYE !!!

While your experience with TGs was bad I bet there are many that are good. There are many YJ horror stories seen here on BOTC as well and many who swear their allegiance. You were right to make a move because like you said you are the consumer. I would recommend making a change to anyone whose situation warrants it. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lack of respect
Lack of coaching.

Good riddance and take your stupid Maryland hat with you. Let’s see how long it takes for you to annoy the heck out of the YJ parents like you did with TG. I bet next year you’ll be complaining about the YJ program and have your daughter on another club.

Like Reply Quote
Page 58 of 220 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard