BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 42 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I remember, that's the Tourney were Legacy crumbled,haha!

some of you people on this thread are pathetic.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any clubs made any definitive statements about this year yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only definitive statement at this point that can be made is "We definitively can't tell you when or if the season will happen"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only definitive statement at this point that can be made is "We definitively can't tell you when or if the season will happen"

Based on boy lacrosse is high-risk sport according to the ranking that came out..it's over until next spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Season is over Stick a fork in it and kiss your $ goodbye. My guess is clubs will reduce next seasons "tuition" for returning players but they wont be handing out checks like the Federal govt....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Season is over Stick a fork in it and kiss your $ goodbye. My guess is clubs will reduce next seasons "tuition" for returning players but they wont be handing out checks like the Federal govt....

They will when my attorney contacts them or small claims order them to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We wont be returning and I will get some of my money back. If I have to go the small claims route, so be it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone should get a lawyer willing to take these cases on and post his details here. That lawyer could make a lot of money as the go to guy handling all the claims against these clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay $2500 in legal to recoop $1000.....brilliant!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting rebels make the first move sending out travel email season update.
Hope everyone is doing well, and is safe. We are reaching out to give you guys an update on the upcoming season.

There is a lot of uncertainty with fields, tournaments, governement regulations, etc.

With all of this in mind, we have decided to extend the season until the end of Summer 2021. There will be no tryouts, or tryout fee as usual. There will only be a supplemental tryout to fill any available spots in the fall. The details of what we will be able to attend, practice, scrimmage, train this summer will effect the overall credit that each family will receive. This is a very fluid situation, and once we all have a better understanding of a return date, this will be finalized. Once we are able to see the total value that each family paid for, versus what they received we will make this decision. We will work to avoid any unneccesary costs going forward through the end of 2021, and will break any future payments up into 10 Monthly Installments with the understanding this virus has had an economic impact on many.

Tournaments are changing their dates on a daily basis, as regulations come in and change. Please currently ignore any scheduled changes, or information until there is a blanket update provided by us on tournament schedule.

We have the safety of our players and their families in mind as we make these decisions, and will phase our re-opening with appropriate measures. This will include actions such as practices, trainings, filmed scrimmages for recruiting ages, and mid-week round robin/tournament play until bigger events are allowed.

Specifically for the 2021 age group, we are working with tournament directors and there will be 2021 brackets this fall and possibly next summer for recruiting purposes if the summer season is shortened.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope everyone is doing well, and is safe. We are reaching out to give you guys an update on the upcoming season.

There is a lot of uncertainty with fields, tournaments, governement regulations, etc.

With all of this in mind, we have decided to extend the season until the end of Summer 2021. There will be no tryouts, or tryout fee as usual. There will only be a supplemental tryout to fill any available spots in the fall. The details of what we will be able to attend, practice, scrimmage, train this summer will effect the overall credit that each family will receive. This is a very fluid situation, and once we all have a better understanding of a return date, this will be finalized. Once we are able to see the total value that each family paid for, versus what they received we will make this decision. We will work to avoid any unneccesary costs going forward through the end of 2021, and will break any future payments up into 10 Monthly Installments with the understanding this virus has had an economic impact on many.

Tournaments are changing their dates on a daily basis, as regulations come in and change. Please currently ignore any scheduled changes, or information until there is a blanket update provided by us on tournament schedule.

We have the safety of our players and their families in mind as we make these decisions, and will phase our re-opening with appropriate measures. This will include actions such as practices, trainings, filmed scrimmages for recruiting ages, and mid-week round robin/tournament play until bigger events are allowed.

Specifically for the 2021 age group, we are working with tournament directors and there will be 2021 brackets this fall and possibly next summer for recruiting purposes if the summer season is shortened.

What if the player does not want to return for the 2021 season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay $2500 in legal to recoop $1000.....brilliant!

You clearly don't know how small claims court works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I once had this girlfriend who I thought would be true when we were separated for a bit. I was really blue when she didn’t write me or let me know what was going on with the relationship even though I had paid for every date in full.

We were due for a date on June 6 and she told me we would definitely figure something out and promised she would be in touch with me but I still haven’t heard from her.

I think she skipped town.

Which is too bad because the kid we both cared about is stuck with me and really upset because he thought she cared.

But she was only after the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone will get screwed, someone will practice with under 10 kid sessions and some won’t. Either way there keeping our money. Tourneys or not we won’t see a dollar from these programs!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone will get screwed, someone will practice with under 10 kid sessions and some won’t. Either way there keeping our money. Tourneys or not we won’t see a dollar from these programs!!!

Then its the small claims route. I have no problem with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What contract did you sign that you can use in court? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t need a “contract” to go to court. You simply paid for service that you did not receive.

If you were suppose to get 12 practices, 6 tourneys and a uniform, and you did not get it, you are entitled to compensation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say most teams have a sign in process where you pay the tuition. I have all those receipts. Most teams websites list what they provide during the season. Uniforms, fall/spring/summer tournaments, practices, etc. It doesnt take much to prove what you paid and what you received. This is small claims court where most times the 2 parties will come to an agreement. It might not have to come to that if both parties are fair. Got all that matlock?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say most teams have a sign in process where you pay the tuition. I have all those receipts. Most teams websites list what they provide during the season. Uniforms, fall/spring/summer tournaments, practices, etc. It doesnt take much to prove what you paid and what you received. This is small claims court where most times the 2 parties will come to an agreement. It might not have to come to that if both parties are fair. Got all that matlock?

Has anyone heard from their clubs weekly or monthly ? I’ve heard some are sending workouts and some aren’t sending anything like 91, true blue and igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has anyone heard from their clubs weekly or monthly ? I’ve heard some are sending workouts and some aren’t sending anything like 91, true blue and igloo

Rebels have sent a few over the course of the quarantine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, you go get your court order, and I’ll sue you for wrongful prosecution.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, you go get your court order, and I’ll sue you for wrongful prosecution.

hahaha. Great quote Venkman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone should get a lawyer willing to take these cases on and post his details here. That lawyer could make a lot of money as the go to guy handling all the claims against these clubs.

Better Call Saul

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Force has done a decent job keeping us updated. I think their hands are tied.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know where you heard 91 wasn't sending anything. They have weekly emails that go out with different workout options and created an Instagram page with videos from coaches with different drills for the boys to do. Have all your facts before you go posting things that aren't true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is another fact about those videos and Instagram pages as well. This will be in lieu of refunds and credits. Mark my words. Come the end of the summer, when people will be looking for some financial restitution from this club, their answer will be exactly what you just said. We had coaches send videos of drills, we sent Instagram packages. That will be the answer given. When people say they missed 4 months of club lacrosse, the club will say, no you didn’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is another fact about those videos and Instagram pages as well. This will be in lieu of refunds and credits. Mark my words. Come the end of the summer, when people will be looking for some financial restitution from this club, their answer will be exactly what you just said. We had coaches send videos of drills, we sent Instagram packages. That will be the answer given. When people say they missed 4 months of club lacrosse, the club will say, no you didn’t.

Exactly. All these videos and Instagram posts are smoke and mirrors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know where you heard 91 wasn't sending anything. They have weekly emails that go out with different workout options and created an Instagram page with videos from coaches with different drills for the boys to do. Have all your facts before you go posting things that aren't true.

Are they going to use the videos, the instagram drills and workouts and say not getting refund to you because we supplied that ? Did they say that in the email ? Just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. All these videos and Instagram posts are smoke and mirrors.

But the top secret practices are awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
E3 said tonight that one program is starting small group training, 9 players and 1 coach. Does anyone know what program is starting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These clubs are toast. They all were ripping off the consumer for way to long. Summer tuition includes 4 or 5 tournaments, professional coaching and 15 practices. All are not going to happen = full refund.
Pucker up club owners as you will be getting a taste what you have been doing to the parents for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem isn't with the clubs, it's with the businesses running the tournaments (the blatant's of the world). It's a trickle-down effect - All the clubs laid out a lot of money for these tournaments and now they're not being offered refunds.

Also, everyone thinks these club teams are making a lot of money but in reality, they're not. Sure, the big dogs are (91, Express, Igloo, etc.) but most club teams aren't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem isn't with the clubs, it's with the businesses running the tournaments (the blatant's of the world). It's a trickle-down effect - All the clubs laid out a lot of money for these tournaments and now they're not being offered refunds.

Also, everyone thinks these club teams are making a lot of money but in reality, they're not. Sure, the big dogs are (91, Express, Igloo, etc.) but most club teams aren't.

Boo. Hoo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they going to use the videos, the instagram drills and workouts and say not getting refund to you because we supplied that ? Did they say that in the email ? Just curious.

That's an excellent point, no they did not say that. Didn't think of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most clubs do not layout money this far in advance to organizers. Most clubs own a piece of the tourney organizations! This is twice as true for the large clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boo. Hoo.

And there he is, Mr. Obnoxious. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop already. It isn’t some complex, high tech thing to figure out. It’s a business. The goal of every business is to make money. That comes before anything else. Money, money, money. Your kid getting better in lacrosse is nice, but not nearly as important to the club as profits. Your son met nice new friends, that’s great, but to the club that means little as compared to profits. You lost your job, see if the club carries you for free next year, not happening. Maybe some 12 month payment plan will be applied, not free. If a club has 25 kids on a team paying 4000 bucks each. That’s 100 grand a team. 1 team per grade is 10 teams, that’s 1 millon bucks. Some clubs have 2 or 3 teams per grade, that’s 2 to 3 million bucks. Let’s use the 1 team per grade example. 1 million bucks coming in.

The money going out:
2 paid coaches per team. I’ll say 150 to 200 grand for the 10 teams.
Tournaments:let’s say 7 tournaments 1000 each, 10 teams 70 grand.
Uniforms: 100 per kid, 250 kids, 25 grand
Field permits/insurance: I’ll say 100 grand

In reality a club with 25 kids per team, 1 team per grade is making about 600 grand profit.
2 teams per grade 1.2 million profit.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with making profits. My business makes a nice profit too. That’s why people go to work, that’s why people start businesses, to make as much money as they can for their families. I just think that this particular year, with this horrific situation, a good portion of those profits need to be returned to the customers. This without question should be done. I’ve been in business a long time, I truly believe doing the right thing now, will actually reward those clubs with business later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
E3 said tonight that one program is starting small group training, 9 players and 1 coach. Does anyone know what program is starting?

This can not happen until phase 2. And with seeing many areas update today not go into phase 2 after 14 days, it can be quite some time till you are ALLOWED to play and guarantee the players/parents/coaches safety.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This can not happen until phase 2. And with seeing many areas update today not go into phase 2 after 14 days, it can be quite some time till you are ALLOWED to play and guarantee the players/parents/coaches safety.

My son told me one of his friends teams here in Nassau had a practice yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son told me one of his friends teams here in Nassau had a practice yesterday.
it can happen.. this infor is verified. Just hard to find fields.

Page 39 of 42 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard