BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter in yellow jackets Blue. Coach is very fair. Plays everyone close to equal. Yes in championships, Which only happened twice since most are showcases, coach played the hit hands. Won both times, each with different lineups. Deep teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Daughter in yellow jackets Blue. Coach is very fair. Plays everyone close to equal. Yes in championships, Which only happened twice since most are showcases, coach played the hit hands. Won both times, each with different lineups. Deep teams.

First of all you have a new coach and new players you have no idea how he will play it. If the fall is any indication play time was not equal. I’m sure his daughter will be splitting time equally with other girls. You obviously never watched an igloo game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Daughter in yellow jackets Blue. Coach is very fair. Plays everyone close to equal. Yes in championships, Which only happened twice since most are showcases, coach played the hit hands. Won both times, each with different lineups. Deep teams.

Daddy coach won’t be very fair he wasn’t in the Fall. There were two championship format tournaments last summer Lax for the cure and the mid Atlantic. YJ didn’t win either. Are you talking about the 23 age group? They didn’t make the playoffs last summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Daughter in yellow jackets Blue. Coach is very fair. Plays everyone close to equal. Yes in championships, Which only happened twice since most are showcases, coach played the hit hands. Won both times, each with different lineups. Deep teams.

Daddy coach won’t be very fair he wasn’t in the Fall. There were two championship format tournaments last summer Lax for the cure and the mid Atlantic. YJ didn’t win either. Are you talking about the 23 age group? They didn’t make the playoffs last summer

yes 2023 age bracket...things won't be fair.. Not a deep team...starters are great ....the benchwarmers are there bc of politics/Door_Open_And&Door_Open_And etc. . Its been that way since the start...although along the way they couldn't hold on to talent...now a new dad coach? seriously? youd think theyd learn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new coach is very solid. The team is deep. They will do well. Haters gonna detest.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Team is ready for the haters. The “Lost Talent” over -the-years have been those that can certainly start in many places, but not quite the same as the “Kept talent” over-the-years. The addition by ALL clubs of players from other clubs happens annually. This addition of talent and focus by All Coaching shall be put to the test. My daughter, who has started for years will see less playing time, she might see some others get favored. Part of the territory. All players from All clubs on Long Island will be just fine. We need to be too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new coach is very solid. The team is deep. They will do well. Haters gonna detest.

been watching this for a long time...haters come from the ridiculous politics...def seeing kids passed up for mediocrity because who they know....in the end it will all work out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the historically weakest programs in the county has four girls on the BOTC list, second most in Suffolk?

hmmm, somebody knows someone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2023 with 8 of top 11 ranked players on LI. Too bad all the hard work offseason with this stacked team will not be on display! Congratulations to a fantastic group of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranked by who??? LMFAO!! Let’s play some games first . What a toolbox you ate😜

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2023 with 8 of top 11 ranked players on LI. Too bad all the hard work offseason with this stacked team will not be on display! Congratulations to a fantastic group of players.

It may look like a top 60 list and the top 10 on the list probably are top 10 girls but NO WAY the whole list is in order. You got some kids in the mid 20,s and 30’s who are top 10 kids. 2 beer kids on TG aren't in top 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 of top 11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9 of top 11

Who were they ranked by??.......Oh yea, no one! They only have a couple players who have played varsity. Pipe down and stop ranking players before they play, means nothing. I can respect Newday ranking to 100 pre season. I believe there were a couple YJ girls on there, which were deserving. You must be one of those parents who post all over FB that your daughter was "ranked". Maybe calm down until she gets ranked by a real organization, it's embarrassing. Otherwise stop, just stop!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did NOT eat a toolbox!
Well aware this is opinions and are subjective.
Feel some girls are well out of order...yes...AA from Smithtown, in MY “opinion” should be in top 10 as well as LD from Babylon, but all in all...the years of reading how the top talent will migrate to YJ has proven true. Not all...but most. This team is
S T A C K E D and no matter who responds negatively to this will NOT change that fact!
As the post originally said.....it is too bad the hard work off season will not be on display!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did NOT eat a toolbox!
Feel some girls are well out of order...yes...AA from Smithtown, in MY “opinion” should be in top 10 as well as LD from Babylon, but all in all...the years of reading how the top talent will migrate to YJ has proven true. Not all...but most. This team is
S T A C K E D and no matter who responds negatively to this will NOT change that fact!
As the post originally said.....it is too bad the hard work off season will not be on display!

It may look like a top 60 list and the top 10 on the list probably are top 10 girls but NO WAY the whole list is in order. You got some kids in the mid 20,s and 30’s who are top 10 kids. 2 beer kids on TG aren't in top 20.

It's a big joke! It is every year. If you want to be ranked play for YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did NOT eat a toolbox!

It's a big joke! It is every year. If you want to be ranked play for YJ

so happy to see the crazy 2023 parents are back. this group is classic!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This list is Not in order so it is only displaying the top 60 players on the island. Individual Rankings are usually done after Sophomore seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL same back of the cage nonsense. You aren't any kind of player unless you play for YJ. This 9th grader belongs in this group. Top players lists when one game hasn't been played this year. You people are out of your mind. I can talk lacrosse all day long but constructively the way it should be, Sharing information, tips & ideas for how to make this sport better. Our girls better. Ready for college play. Like adults. Missing out on the purity of the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL same back of the cage nonsense. You aren't any kind of player unless you play for YJ. This 9th grader belongs in this group. Top players lists when one game hasn't been played this year. You people are out of your mind. I can talk lacrosse all day long but constructively the way it should be, Sharing information, tips & ideas for how to make this sport better. Our girls better. Ready for college play. Like adults. Missing out on the purity of the sport.

This 9th grader belongs in this group???? No clue who you are talking about; outside the hint she doesnt play for YJ.
Most of these lists are silly and for entertainment since everyone is trying to stay sane while NO games are being played. The Newsday top 100 is only legit list for these girls cause its based on what you have done...hence only a few girls are on that list from 2023.
The 2023 list on this site is 60 girls...... pretty much like most 60 name lists, the top 40-50 belong, the other 10-20 can be switched or left alone (subjective); that said its very hard to be on the list if you arent on 1 of the 5 top club teams in this age group on LI.. YJ, TG, Legacy, Jesters, and Elevate.. I am sure there are some very good girls that are not on the list; who cares. they will have time to prove they are elite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LaxMod
This list is Not in order so it is only displaying the top 60 players on the island. Individual Rankings are usually done after Sophomore seasons.

How bout these best defender and best goalie polls??? You really think these are legit?? It should be called whose MOM is most nuts?? and will go to social media and beg their friends who Know Nothing about lacrosse to vote for my Sally or Jane. btw the 2 best goalies in 23 is clear. YJ goalie from RP and the Legacy goalie from BBP. Never even heard of most of those kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While... I agree 100% with the first part of your post...and saw first hand how it is simply asking as many people across the country that you know to vote AND 100% that the RP and BBP goalie are top goalies...but to ask who are these other goalies might mean you have not been around. The NPT/YJ goalie, the TG goalies names are certainly KNOWN and well up there. BYW...my daughter is Not a goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be underarmour tryouts? That may settle once and for all who is tops. Website says the games will still be on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will there be underarmour tryouts? That may settle once and for all who is tops. Website says the games will still be on.

I agree that the UA tryouts are the real best of the best. those are the top 15 girls in the 2023 and top 6 or 7 in the 2024. Each year the younger grade usually takes up 4-8 roster spots depending on depth. Not sure how many 23 were on team last year but I would bet its single digits. Those girls are the top ones in their class. Whispers and rants will be made that politics plays a part in the selection of the team, but I think UA does a great job at limiting that......i am not a fool and sure there kid be some influence for the last spot or 2 but this team represents the region and these coaches want to WIN. The UA team is the best of the best, If you think your girl deserves to be on these lists and/or she does, then go tryout for the UA team. I believe outside the tryout fee, everything else is free. DEF NOT a money grab, if that was a fear. Good luck to all the girls who tryout, and if you were thinking about it, just do it and take a shot. Making it just to the call back game is a nice accomplishment. My guess is if its on we will see close to 200 girls come out for the team. Good luck to all of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While... I agree 100% with the first part of your post...and saw first hand how it is simply asking as many people across the country that you know to vote AND 100% that the RP and BBP goalie are top goalies...but to ask who are these other goalies might mean you have not been around. The NPT/YJ goalie, the TG goalies names are certainly KNOWN and well up there. BYW...my daughter is Not a goalie.

I apologize, and yes I know most of the names..... a few I didnt, but yes the YJ and TG goalies I have heard of. I never seen or heard of the one that many know according to votes; maybe she is great, not sure. From what I am told she plays for a club that does attend most of the top tourneys. It doesnt matter, if she is a great goalie they will find her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only team that has demonstrated consistently, on a year to year basis, to be the best in the age group from LI is TG Black. YJ wants to combine clubs with Igloo and claim they are the best in the age group now but that time has come and gone...it is recruiting time.

TG Black has 4-5 of the best 2023's and one of the best 2024's in the country. As a coach, among coaches they are already on the radar of the top lax college programs. Coaches talk to each other. The list a coach makes on the sideline watching the games is the one that matters the most.

BOTC must have needed some increased traffic because polls of any kids that didn't play the season is worthless and is just a parent chest pounder. How many people can Sally call to get to vote for her. You guys must be bored.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The only team that has demonstrated consistently, on a year to year basis, to be the best in the age group from LI is TG Black. YJ wants to combine clubs with Igloo and claim they are the best in the age group now but that time has come and gone...it is recruiting time.

TG Black has 4-5 of the best 2023's and one of the best 2024's in the country. As a coach, among coaches they are already on the radar of the top lax college programs. Coaches talk to each other. The list a coach makes on the sideline watching the games is the one that matters the most.

BOTC must have needed some increased traffic because polls of any kids that didn't play the season is worthless and is just a parent chest pounder. How many people can Sally call to get to vote for her. You guys must be bored.
[/quote

Can’t argue with that. TG has been best team for this age. YJ is now.
Both teams are excellent and Legacy is a close 3rd.
The polls are for fun and the best players in this class will make the UA team.
Be about 90% YJ and TG and a few kids from legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The only team that has demonstrated consistently, on a year to year basis, to be the best in the age group from LI is TG Black. YJ wants to combine clubs with Igloo and claim they are the best in the age group now but that time has come and gone...it is recruiting time.

[/quote

Not involved in this age group at all, but it sounds like YJ has taken over the spot as top team, but in the end it does not matter, the YJ players will get the benefit of the doubt in recruiting, way before TG. Historically YJ blows away TG in recruiting and this age group will likely prove to be no different. Even if the talent does not warrant this, it will happen. I know someone is going to claim college coaches recruit players, not teams! Believe me, there is no greater leapIng point to get on a coaches radar As a player, than being on the blue roster. For the top handful of players on each team, it probably makes no difference, but the bottom 3/4 of players from each team, coming from YJ is a huge advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote

Not sure YJ is the better team; the better top players maybe but not sure about the better team yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The only team that has demonstrated consistently, on a year to year basis, to be the best in the age group from LI is TG Black. YJ wants to combine clubs with Igloo and claim they are the best in the age group now but that time has come and gone...it is recruiting time.

[/quote

Not involved in this age group at all, but it sounds like YJ has taken over the spot as top team, but in the end it does not matter, the YJ players will get the benefit of the doubt in recruiting, way before TG. Historically YJ blows away TG in recruiting and this age group will likely prove to be no different. Even if the talent does not warrant this, it will happen. I know someone is going to claim college coaches recruit players, not teams! Believe me, there is no greater leapIng point to get on a coaches radar As a player, than being on the blue roster. For the top handful of players on each team, it probably makes no difference, but the bottom 3/4 of players from each team, coming from YJ is a huge advantage.

Absolutely true YJ players on the 2nd line of their teams get over recruited and never see the field at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote

TG ended last summer by defeating M&D black and winning the Mid Atlantic Championship. So I would say TG are the top team on the field and the YJ are the top team on paper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote

Clearly true every year! Even some of the B players will get the advantage over other clubs A teams. My daughter is not a YJ but I saw it happen in her age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw that UA tryout dates are starting to be announced, and the tournament date has been announced for early August, which is great news!! Just one thing I thought was odd. How is Thorn aloud to be a coach, and be involved in picking the team when her daughter will be most likely trying ou? Isn't that an obvious conflict of interest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get too excited, NCAA meeting tomorrow to discuss whether dead period to be extended again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw that UA tryout dates are starting to be announced, and the tournament date has been announced for early August, which is great news!! Just one thing I thought was odd. How is Thorn aloud to be a coach, and be involved in picking the team when her daughter will be most likely trying ou? Isn't that an obvious conflict of interest?

1. *allowed
2. You must be new

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You want things to be fair with zero nepotism?!?!?! What world are you living in?
Look at that list of coaches. Thorn isn't the only one with a conflict of interest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m just so glad my kid is a defender. Seems to be much less competition and backstabbing.
Although it does stink when your (NY based)team can’t score against Florida or Colorado teams and loses and there’s nothing you can really do to help with that problem. Defenders don’t get enough props.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m just so glad my kid is a defender. Seems to be much less competition and backstabbing.
Although it does stink when your (NY based)team can’t score against Florida or Colorado teams and loses and there’s nothing you can really do to help with that problem. Defenders don’t get enough props.

[quote=Anonymous]I’m just so glad my kid is a defender. Seems to be much less competition and backstabbing.

I didn’t realize Florida or Colorado had competitive teams in this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You want things to be fair with zero nepotism?!?!?! What world are you living in?
Look at that list of coaches. Thorn isn't the only one with a conflict of interest

the team isnt chosen by the coaches. UA/CSE has reps there that overlook the process. Usually anywhere from 8-12 evaluators that grades the girls after each scrimmage/game. Girls are broken into teams and let just let them play All the evaluators go into a room to go over the grades and come back and announce the top 40 or so for the call back game. I am not a fool, there is always some politics involved and YJ coach will have power to choose the bottom few spots.
Levy who is legacy was the head coach last summer for Command and the team was basically all YJ and TG. If the girl dominates and shows she is a top 10 player at the tryout, she will make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Just saw that UA tryout dates are starting to be announced, and the tournament date has been announced for early August, which is great news!! Just one thing I thought was odd. How is Thorn aloud to be a coach, and be involved in picking the team when her daughter will be most likely trying ou? Isn't that an obvious conflict of interest?

the team isnt chosen by the coaches. UA/CSE has reps there that overlook the process. Usually anywhere from 8-12 evaluators that grades the girls after each scrimmage/game. Girls are broken into teams and let just let them play All the evaluators go into a room to go over the grades and come back and announce the top 40 or so for the call back game. I am not a fool, there is always some politics involved and YJ coach will have power to choose the bottom few spots.
Levy who is legacy was the head coach last summer for Command and the team was basically all YJ and TG. If the girl dominates and shows she is a top 10 player at the tryout, she will make the team.

CR is the head of UA northeast. Negotiations when the coaches gather is based more on where they play then how they performed at the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team isn't chosen by the coaches. UA/CSE has reps that overlook the process. Usually anywhere from 8-12 evaluators grade the girls after each scrimmage/game. Girls are broken into teams and they play. All the evaluators go into a room to go over the grades and come back and announce the top 40 or so for the call back game. I am not a fool, there is always some politics involved and YJ coach will have power to choose the bottom few spots.
Levy who is with legacy, was the head coach last summer for Command and the team was basically all YJ and TG. If the girl dominates and shows she is a top 10 player at the tryout, she will make the team.[/quote]

You must've read that off their website. The reality is whoever that year's Coach is for that age group basically picks their favorites from their team. YJ selectors all pick their girls, regardless of what happens at tryouts. You couldn't find a more biased 'open' tryout. Save your money, look at the top 6-8 girls on both YJ and TG teams and combine them - there's your UAAA 2023 team. They should bring evaluators in from different regions to eliminate the obvious favoritism.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard