SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #301859
05/07/20 09:53 AM
05/07/20 09:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whos the Club . I call Bull S

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #301955
05/11/20 10:27 AM
05/11/20 10:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express getting beat up on the topic . Any other club still quiet ? How about 90 + 1 whats there plan ?

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: Anonymous] #301961
05/11/20 11:15 AM
05/11/20 11:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The part that makes me angry is that they think we are stunads and telling us that its gonna be starting soon ? I am turning on the news and thousands of people are still dying from covid-19, so HOW are then going to put kids on the field and thousands of parents on the sidelines during a big tournament? Its is very sad and disheartening that people would be so greedy !

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: Anonymous] #301964
05/11/20 12:25 PM
05/11/20 12:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
The part that makes me angry is that they think we are stunads and telling us that its gonna be starting soon ? I am turning on the news and thousands of people are still dying from covid-19, so HOW are then going to put kids on the field and thousands of parents on the sidelines during a big tournament? Its is very sad and disheartening that people would be so greedy !

Elderly and health risks stay home. Can't keep everyone else at home for two years until vaccines can be produced in large scale.

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: Anonymous] #301965
05/11/20 12:33 PM
05/11/20 12:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is, some parents have allowed clubs/coaches to treat them and their kids like dirt for all these years and they continue to do it, look at whats going on at the moment. I don't begrudge anyone how and why they choose to spend their own money towards their family. I sit back and observe many parents on "all fours" while talking to coaches and owners. Hey, they do what needs to be done, but don't come complaining when you had enough.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #302248
05/23/20 12:33 AM
05/23/20 12:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friend of mine really struggling times like this. Laid off now , trying to work side jobs doing laboring work to make ends meet. Paid his tuition in full in the fall . Nothing from his club at all . Total example he paid in full and did the right thing for them but his club team Doing total opposite. Feel for him .

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: Anonymous] #302249
05/23/20 07:06 AM
05/23/20 07:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express getting beat up on the topic . Any other club still quiet ? How about 90 + 1 whats there plan ?

Zero info or updates from 91

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #302256
05/23/20 09:53 AM
05/23/20 09:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clubs have to be talking to each other about giving a refund or not. Now all these directors Need each other because they need to figure out what to do or what not to do , I could almost guarantee that. Whats the Chances ZERO info from any of them ? I hope people really start waking up to these clubs . Not even no chatter on the Team Snap about it . June is a week or so away where Tournaments really kick in .

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #302257
05/23/20 10:09 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did 91 parents fully pay tuition for this year?

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #302258

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: Anonymous] #302259
05/23/20 03:17 PM
05/23/20 03:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, weeks ago.

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #302260
05/23/20 03:19 PM
05/23/20 03:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have a kid that plays soccer you will see that SUSA is getting bashed for only offering around a 10% credit to returning players at the end of next years tuition. Their tuition is approx $2500-$3500+ depending on what age, league etc. It seems to me that ALL Lacrosse teams are just as big scumbags as SUSA. Lacrosse players have probably only played 2 tournaments(1 day each) and had much less training time. Has anybody heard of any Lacrosse team offering refunds, substantial credits, anything. Looks to me like LAX are the bigger robbers than soccer which I didn't believe was possible. All I have seen from my sons club is possible credit for next year without the amount. Could be a $50 credit, who knows.

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: Anonymous] #302270
05/24/20 01:36 PM
05/24/20 01:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels strike first With email

Hope everyone is doing well, and is safe. We are reaching out to give you guys an update on the upcoming season.

There is a lot of uncertainty with fields, tournaments, governement regulations, etc.

With all of this in mind, we have decided to extend the season until the end of Summer 2021. There will be no tryouts, or tryout fee as usual. There will only be a supplemental tryout to fill any available spots in the fall. The details of what we will be able to attend, practice, scrimmage, train this summer will effect the overall credit that each family will receive. This is a very fluid situation, and once we all have a better understanding of a return date, this will be finalized. Once we are able to see the total value that each family paid for, versus what they received we will make this decision. We will work to avoid any unneccesary costs going forward through the end of 2021, and will break any future payments up into 10 Monthly Installments with the understanding this virus has had an economic impact on many.

Tournaments are changing their dates on a daily basis, as regulations come in and change. Please currently ignore any scheduled changes, or information until there is a blanket update provided by us on tournament schedule.

We have the safety of our players and their families in mind as we make these decisions, and will phase our re-opening with appropriate measures. This will include actions such as practices, trainings, filmed scrimmages for recruiting ages, and mid-week round robin/tournament play until bigger events are allowed.

Specifically for the 2021 age group, we are working with tournament directors and there will be 2021 brackets this fall and possibly next summer for recruiting purposes if the summer season is shortened.

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #302272
05/24/20 03:33 PM
05/24/20 03:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's a pretty good start. This in unprecedented. Those looking to say sue right away is not going to work, Teams had fall ball, most winter. they all have insurance costs and coaching fees that might of been paid. Probably also paid for most summer tournaments and are they refunding or crediting
I am sure most clubs will work out fair deals, if they do not, then maybe go to small claims and do not return to them.

God Bless America and all those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Memorial day is a special Holiday,Think about that some

Reply Quote
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled? [Re: LaxMod] #302273
05/24/20 05:22 PM
05/24/20 05:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a kid stays with an organization, parents most likely be ok with a fair credit. Makes sense to me. If my son decided to leave teams or not play lacrosse, obviously a credit is useless. My son is happy, which therefore make me happy. We practiced 5 months, we lost 5 months. If we got a 50 percent 2021 credit, I’d be happy. Listen, I’m not going line by line, we paid extra for this or that. We didn’t get our tote bag which was promised, we didn’t get our hats, we had a January indoor practice cancelled etc. That’s not me. I’m not going to nickel and dime every situation. Is there a perfect science to this, I’d say no. This is a once in a lifetime situation.

Reply Quote
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification