BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 79 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
if they weren't hunting trophies or wins, they would skip tournaments altogether and just have play days with other clubs.

That's a ridiculous statement. You get better by playing other teams, especially ones that are a bit better than your team. Of course that is in combination with practices, etc.

Ok wise guy name a philly team top ranked in the nation? None

Brotherly Love 2023. By the way they beat the Annapolis Hawks and Dukes Nationals this fall.

Not to ruin the holiday mood but ranked 12 isn’t a top national team. Is the donk above right ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if they weren't hunting trophies or wins, they would skip tournaments altogether and just have play days with other clubs.

That's a ridiculous statement. You get better by playing other teams, especially ones that are a bit better than your team. Of course that is in combination with practices, etc.

Brotherly Love 2023. By the way they beat the Annapolis Hawks and Dukes Nationals this fall.

Not to ruin the holiday mood but ranked 12 isn’t a top national team. Is the donk above right ?

Not to ruin your holiday cheer, but US Club Lax's ranking system is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to ruin your holiday cheer, but US Club Lax's ranking system is a joke.

Says bl? Any philly teams top 5? None

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says bl? Any philly teams top 5? None

I wouldn't put much faith in that USCL ranking list, especially when it is based in part on fall ball.

I've watched the Brotherly Love 2023s play this fall and they are very good even with a few key players missing. They have some new guys who moved from Mesa who are going to make a huge impact. I expect that they will be pretty dominant come summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 on USCL: DC Dogs, T91 Bandits, Hawks, LI Express, Crabs. Which one of these clubs should be below BL 2023. Go ahead I will wait.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Went through us club national ranks today in slow work time and , HHH 2020 is ranked 11, freedom has a few teams at 11, HHH 2025 is 5, Tigers 2026 is 3. Sounds like philly lax is doing just fine. Go birds

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 on USCL: DC Dogs, T91 Bandits, Hawks, LI Express, Crabs. Which one of these clubs should be below BL 2023. Go ahead I will wait.

I think we will see BL 23s competitive with Hawks, Express and Crabs.Only time will tell though. We can revisit in the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is this ridiculous, you can schedule a play day with any club(s) (even ones better than you) happens all of the time, sure would save a lot of time and money. But this is obviously the point that you do not understand, if your club doesn't hit you for tournament fees, they do not make money. Just look at what the tournament entry fees are, and then look at how much each player on you club is paying for the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 3 of the top 5 players in college lacrosse from Philly area right? Amant, Dox and Moore? Pretty impressive and I know a lot more Philly kids on these top college teams. Philly area doing something right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
philly lacrosse is doing good. #1 philly teams according to us club lacrosse by year are 2020 hhh, 2021 mesa, 2022 freedom, 2023 brotherly love, 2024 brotherly love, 2025 hhh, 2026 tigers xxvi. all these teams rank good in the nation

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If using seniors in a JV box tournament bracket and calling yourself champion is the next route lax is taking then yes you are a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
philly lacrosse is doing good. #1 philly teams according to us club lacrosse by year are 2020 hhh, 2021 mesa, 2022 freedom, 2023 brotherly love, 2024 brotherly love, 2025 hhh, 2026 tigers xxvi. all these teams rank good in the nation

The BL 2023 academy team was very strong this fall, and I would be interested to see how they do this summer. Is the BL 2023 team the academy team going forward or does Zeus still exist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really a lacrosse fan but am writing a paper on growing sports in America. Lacrosse is the fastest growing sport by percentage. It is thought that it will grow more if they make some rule changes....specifically eliminate the face off. What is your thought?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girl's draw is more exciting. Boy's, not so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure it is going to matter this year......pretty certain all spring lacrosse will be canceled. Perhaps things will get better by the summer club tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like some summer tourneys are being delayed but are still optimistic they will play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received notice of virtual training for the next couple of weeks, tournaments pushed back to July and August.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Received notice of virtual training for the next couple of weeks, tournaments pushed back to July and August.

which club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT thinks they are having tournaments start in a few weeks. Pro sports cant start but they think its ok to play youth sports....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT thinks they are having tournaments start in a few weeks. Pro sports cant start but they think its ok to play youth sports....

I think they moved their June tournaments. Organized sports are not allowed anywhere in PA right now (including counties that are in the "yellow").

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they moved them to GA and other states that thought it was safe to open back up....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they moved them to GA and other states that thought it was safe to open back up....

Call me crazy but I don't see the northeast lax players heading down in droves to play in Georgia and trvel via airplane and stay in hotels etc . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me crazy but I don't see the northeast lax players heading down in droves to play in Georgia and trvel via airplane and stay in hotels etc . . .

Plus one less school to travel to the South to

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...se-program-amid-financial-concerns/56421

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a lot of action on the PA board lately. Any teams improve this year or any movement with tryouts in full swing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only teams from Long Island and Maryland can improve and be great.......if this forum has told me anything is that Pennsylvania is an afterthought despite producing the some of the best players in the college game...year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only teams from Long Island and Maryland can improve and be great.......if this forum has told me anything is that Pennsylvania is an afterthought despite producing the some of the best players in the college game...year after year.
My theory is that it is in fact an inverse correlation between a regions chatter on the board and the success of their players in college and beyond. PA kids (and parents) have more than lacrosse. It's not jammed down their throat from the age of 4. The kids come to appreciate the game for what it is and have fun with it, driving their success through HS and beyond. Meanwhile the Baltimore and Long Island kids are just waiting to get away from their forking bat shirt crazy dads so they can do what they want to do (which after 14 years of never ending lacrosse practice ain't lacrosse).

So be proud in the lack of chatter on this area of the site. It's Healthy. If you want Real Housewives style drama just drop into the MD or Strong Island board, stir the pot by something like "HIT THE WALL" and then drop out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On point post above. Probably why the best players are coming from SE PA and central PA keeps getting stronger. Play for the love of the game and quality, grounded coaching focused on development not program egos. BTW, Freedom, Mesa and HHH all pretty strong teams at the national HS club level. Springfield, Stoga can normally play with anyone in the country and Malvern, Haverford as privates already do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On point post above. Probably why the best players are coming from SE PA and central PA keeps getting stronger. Play for the love of the game and quality, grounded coaching focused on development not program egos. BTW, Freedom, Mesa and HHH all pretty strong teams at the national HS club level. Springfield, Stoga can normally play with anyone in the country and Malvern, Haverford as privates already do.
This is so true. The MD and LI parents live vicariously through their youth lax clubs/players and the PA parents realize there is more to life. That being said the top teams are definitely not in PA and I can't argue with the Hawks parents in MD or Express/Igloo/91 folks on LI that they have better teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's get this board going if we have other PA parents on here. Maybe we can even be rational and informative unlike some of the other forums. I don't know a ton of age groups, but who is best 2024-2026? from what I know I would say..

2024 Brotherly Love
2025 Big 4 HHH
2026 PA Roughriders

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's get this board going if we have other PA parents on here. Maybe we can even be rational and informative unlike some of the other forums. I don't know a ton of age groups, but who is best 2024-2026? from what I know I would say..

2024 Brotherly Love
2025 Big 4 HHH
2026 PA Roughriders
Seems fair as 2024 Brotherly Love went to WSYL 2019, 2025 Big 4 HHH is top 10 ranking national and 2026 PA RR beat FCA and VLC this summer while winning 2 tournaments. I'd add 2027 Mesa who went 3-0 at Summer Exposure and 2028 NXT who has won multiple tournaments this summer. PA lax is legit and we deserve the recognition of beatin DMV teams without having a ton of holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom 2024 #1, beat BL. Tigers 2026 #1, Freedom #2, RR#3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PA lacrosse has always been legit. We just dont have the intellectual shortcomings to have to crow about it like MD and NY. Tons of players in the pro ranks and D1 historically despite relative low number of programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2024 Brotherly Love
2025 Big 4 HHH
2026 PA Roughriders

2024 NXT is also very good

2025 is team 10 who beat HHH and had a great season. HHh is very good and top ranked.these teams are top 10 nationally
2026 is Tigers. Ranked number 2 in nation and only team nationally to beat the hawks who are 1.
2027 is rough riders who crushed Mesa and undefeated. Mesa also is good here.

Philly lax is very good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From reading the MD forum, what exactly happened with RR 2026 against FCA this year? Seems they played several times and MD forum reported brawls and parents threatening each other. Having older sons that have played against FCA, they seem to be the worst coaches and parents despite their supposed "Christian" focus. If any RR parents are viewing, what the heck happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think FCA is any worse (on a parent level) then any other team. Every parent wants their team to win. The 2026 RR team is very talented and have been playing together for years....probably the best team in the West Chester area at that age group. BTW...I have no dog in this fight as my sons play in a different age group. I will say...and this has been consistent....MD players are more physical at a younger age. Sometimes that does not translate well as they move in to 7th-8th-9th grade levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2024 Brotherly Love
2025 Big 4 HHH
2026 PA Roughriders

2025 is team 10 who beat HHH and had a great season. HHh is very good and top ranked.these teams are top 10 nationally
2026 is Tigers. Ranked number 2 in nation and only team nationally to beat the hawks who are 1.

Philly lax is very good

Agree with what you wrote. Overlooked is Freedom. In 2024 Freedom is #1, BL 2, NXT 3. 2025 would add Freedom as #4 behind HHH Tribal Team10. 2026 Freedom is #2 & good in 2027.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2024 Brotherly Love
2025 Big 4 HHH
2026 PA Roughriders

Philly lax is very good
2026 Tigers is definitely #1 if you include them, but they rarely play in local tournaments and aren't really a PA team in my opinion. 00% agree if you include them, they are tops in 2026 and not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think FCA is any worse (on a parent level) then any other team. Every parent wants their team to win. The 2026 RR team is very talented and have been playing together for years....probably the best team in the West Chester area at that age group. BTW...I have no dog in this fight as my sons play in a different age group. I will say...and this has been consistent....MD players are more physical at a younger age. Sometimes that does not translate well as they move in to 7th-8th-9th grade levels.
I think the FCA coaches are much worse than other teams. Both the language in general and how often they direct it to opposing benches and players on the field. I agree the parents are no different than any other squad. The 2026 FCA has a stacked defense, but struggles on offense which is why they had so many good matchups with a strong RR attack unit. The fight was between and RR defender and FCA attackman at the end of a heated championship game. Kids lost their cool which is unacceptable but happens and then parents/coaches followed with lots of screaming and yelling but nothing physical and its all in the past now. The teams played again after this (tie game at Platinum Cup) which had no issues and lots of respect form players on both sides. I agree, MD teams are much more physical than PA overall which can swing games at younger ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Philly lax is very good[/quote]

Agree with what you wrote. Overlooked is Freedom. In 2024 Freedom is #1, BL 2, NXT 3. 2025 would add Freedom as #4 behind HHH Tribal Team10. 2026 Freedom is #2 & good in 2027.[/quote]

agree with consistency of freedom, they do it well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
L

Philly lax is very good

Agree with what you wrote. Overlooked is Freedom. In 2024 Freedom is #1, BL 2, NXT 3. 2025 would add Freedom as #4 behind HHH Tribal Team10. 2026 Freedom is #2 & good in 2027.[/quote]

agree with consistency of freedom, they do it well.[/quote]

LOL....you can ask Freedom who is #1 at 24 and they will tell you....

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 79 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard