BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wonder what club you are running into the ground. I should have left out fall practices and tournaments. Full summer refunds will be warranted.
Classic LI tough guy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If summer lacrosse is cancelled.

It is the clubs responsibility to get refunds for their tournament fees.
The clubs are responsible for the refunds to their consumers.
The tournaments are run by the express and 91s of the lacrosse world. Are they not going to issue themselves a refund ? I think not.

The club owner that is on here saying that they played in a fall practice and a recruiting tournament, which is probably ala cart, is reaching. Don't think that the tournament refund excuse is going to buy time and alleviate the clubs from their financial obligation to their consumers.

If they do not issue full refunds, they will get taken to court where they will lose. And they will lose every case.

You're whats wrong with the world on so many levels. My kid had 8 Fall practices and played in 2 tournaments. Why should I get a full refund? Maybe they roll it over but to go to court over this? You're a sad little man. 5'2" and a puffy chest on a lacrosse board. #littleguy

I don't think the majority is concerned with a FULL refund, partial yes. Schedules, including practices and tournaments uniform hand-outs were provided. Once everything was shut down, people are entitled to a refund of ALL services they didn't receive, but paid for after the shut down. What's the issue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is asking for final payment by the 8th....... lets see how they handle it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Governor Cuomo announced school is done for the academic year.

He also is saying that all summer activity must have social distancing! You can’t play lax with social distancing.

Summer season must he over.

Terrible news......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Governor Cuomo announced school is done for the academic year.

He also is saying that all summer activity must have social distancing! You can’t play lax with social distancing.

Summer season must he over.

Terrible news......

Not only that, where would practices, tournaments be held? That said, it'll be a long time before anyone returns to the field. Secondly, clubs need to address the refund issue before it get any further out of hand.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We received an in depth email from my son's club stating that refunds will be provided. This is the most honest of the clubs I have seen since being in the club scene for 10 years. This is defining the reason why I moved my son to this club a few years ago. Good people come through in tough times. Bad people always remain bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We received an in depth email from my son's club stating that refunds will be provided. This is the most honest of the clubs I have seen since being in the club scene for 10 years. This is defining the reason why I moved my son to this club a few years ago. Good people come through in tough times. Bad people always remain bad.

Can you please share the club. I would love to find a honest club owner who is not full of garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which club did the right thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great! Please share the name of the club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy writes a nice paragraph of how great the club was. I just don’t understand why he wouldn’t name the club. Are we supposed to just guess.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy writes a nice paragraph of how great the club was. I just don’t understand why he wouldn’t name the club. Are we supposed to just guess.

Most likely it's BS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got an email from the club that a tournament was rescheduled to August. Forget your vacation plans, tourneys are on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has vacation plans right now ? Where you plan to sleep, in your Yeti cooler with a solo cup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got an email from the club that a tournament was rescheduled to August. Forget your vacation plans, tourneys are on.

I don't doubt the email, but do yourself a favor and call the school. The word "rescheduled" only translates to the date was changed to August. Means nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has vacation plans right now ? Where you plan to sleep, in your Yeti cooler with a solo cup?

Umm at my vacation home 🏖

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't mean they are on. Just pushing them back hoping not to cancel. Still and probably will be cancelled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a handful of groups that run lax tourneys on along island. They should all connect and put out a schedule for July and August, so they are over lapping. And then hope things can return.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We cannot be within 10 feet of people without a mask and I am going to expect there will be club lax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you people nuts. There is no way that they are going to have summer lacrosse. Hopefully the tournament directors saved some money from the previous years to get therm through this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many universities are now being sued. Some students will not return, refuse to pay full tuition for on-line learning. Others are suing for PARTIAL REFUNDS; claiming, since the pandemic, they are entitle to money back because they didn't receive the FULL experience of the university through on-line classes although full tuition was made. On a smaller scale, does this sound familiar? I didn't sign my son up for up for Virtual lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whos the Club . I call Bull S

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express getting beat up on the topic . Any other club still quiet ? How about 90 + 1 whats there plan ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The part that makes me angry is that they think we are stunads and telling us that its gonna be starting soon ? I am turning on the news and thousands of people are still dying from covid-19, so HOW are then going to put kids on the field and thousands of parents on the sidelines during a big tournament? Its is very sad and disheartening that people would be so greedy !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The part that makes me angry is that they think we are stunads and telling us that its gonna be starting soon ? I am turning on the news and thousands of people are still dying from covid-19, so HOW are then going to put kids on the field and thousands of parents on the sidelines during a big tournament? Its is very sad and disheartening that people would be so greedy !

Elderly and health risks stay home. Can't keep everyone else at home for two years until vaccines can be produced in large scale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point is, some parents have allowed clubs/coaches to treat them and their kids like dirt for all these years and they continue to do it, look at whats going on at the moment. I don't begrudge anyone how and why they choose to spend their own money towards their family. I sit back and observe many parents on "all fours" while talking to coaches and owners. Hey, they do what needs to be done, but don't come complaining when you had enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friend of mine really struggling times like this. Laid off now , trying to work side jobs doing laboring work to make ends meet. Paid his tuition in full in the fall . Nothing from his club at all . Total example he paid in full and did the right thing for them but his club team Doing total opposite. Feel for him .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express getting beat up on the topic . Any other club still quiet ? How about 90 + 1 whats there plan ?

Zero info or updates from 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs have to be talking to each other about giving a refund or not. Now all these directors Need each other because they need to figure out what to do or what not to do , I could almost guarantee that. Whats the Chances ZERO info from any of them ? I hope people really start waking up to these clubs . Not even no chatter on the Team Snap about it . June is a week or so away where Tournaments really kick in .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 91 parents fully pay tuition for this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a kid that plays soccer you will see that SUSA is getting bashed for only offering around a 10% credit to returning players at the end of next years tuition. Their tuition is approx $2500-$3500+ depending on what age, league etc. It seems to me that ALL Lacrosse teams are just as big scumbags as SUSA. Lacrosse players have probably only played 2 tournaments(1 day each) and had much less training time. Has anybody heard of any Lacrosse team offering refunds, substantial credits, anything. Looks to me like LAX are the bigger robbers than soccer which I didn't believe was possible. All I have seen from my sons club is possible credit for next year without the amount. Could be a $50 credit, who knows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels strike first With email

Hope everyone is doing well, and is safe. We are reaching out to give you guys an update on the upcoming season.

There is a lot of uncertainty with fields, tournaments, governement regulations, etc.

With all of this in mind, we have decided to extend the season until the end of Summer 2021. There will be no tryouts, or tryout fee as usual. There will only be a supplemental tryout to fill any available spots in the fall. The details of what we will be able to attend, practice, scrimmage, train this summer will effect the overall credit that each family will receive. This is a very fluid situation, and once we all have a better understanding of a return date, this will be finalized. Once we are able to see the total value that each family paid for, versus what they received we will make this decision. We will work to avoid any unneccesary costs going forward through the end of 2021, and will break any future payments up into 10 Monthly Installments with the understanding this virus has had an economic impact on many.

Tournaments are changing their dates on a daily basis, as regulations come in and change. Please currently ignore any scheduled changes, or information until there is a blanket update provided by us on tournament schedule.

We have the safety of our players and their families in mind as we make these decisions, and will phase our re-opening with appropriate measures. This will include actions such as practices, trainings, filmed scrimmages for recruiting ages, and mid-week round robin/tournament play until bigger events are allowed.

Specifically for the 2021 age group, we are working with tournament directors and there will be 2021 brackets this fall and possibly next summer for recruiting purposes if the summer season is shortened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that's a pretty good start. This in unprecedented. Those looking to say sue right away is not going to work, Teams had fall ball, most winter. they all have insurance costs and coaching fees that might of been paid. Probably also paid for most summer tournaments and are they refunding or crediting
I am sure most clubs will work out fair deals, if they do not, then maybe go to small claims and do not return to them.

God Bless America and all those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Memorial day is a special Holiday,Think about that some

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid stays with an organization, parents most likely be ok with a fair credit. Makes sense to me. If my son decided to leave teams or not play lacrosse, obviously a credit is useless. My son is happy, which therefore make me happy. We practiced 5 months, we lost 5 months. If we got a 50 percent 2021 credit, I’d be happy. Listen, I’m not going line by line, we paid extra for this or that. We didn’t get our tote bag which was promised, we didn’t get our hats, we had a January indoor practice cancelled etc. That’s not me. I’m not going to nickel and dime every situation. Is there a perfect science to this, I’d say no. This is a once in a lifetime situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels strike first With email

Hope everyone is doing well, and is safe. We are reaching out to give you guys an update on the upcoming season.

There is a lot of uncertainty with fields, tournaments, governement regulations, etc.

With all of this in mind, we have decided to extend the season until the end of Summer 2021. There will be no tryouts, or tryout fee as usual. There will only be a supplemental tryout to fill any available spots in the fall. The details of what we will be able to attend, practice, scrimmage, train this summer will effect the overall credit that each family will receive. This is a very fluid situation, and once we all have a better understanding of a return date, this will be finalized. Once we are able to see the total value that each family paid for, versus what they received we will make this decision. We will work to avoid any unneccesary costs going forward through the end of 2021, and will break any future payments up into 10 Monthly Installments with the understanding this virus has had an economic impact on many.

Tournaments are changing their dates on a daily basis, as regulations come in and change. Please currently ignore any scheduled changes, or information until there is a blanket update provided by us on tournament schedule.

We have the safety of our players and their families in mind as we make these decisions, and will phase our re-opening with appropriate measures. This will include actions such as practices, trainings, filmed scrimmages for recruiting ages, and mid-week round robin/tournament play until bigger events are allowed.

Specifically for the 2021 age group, we are working with tournament directors and there will be 2021 brackets this fall and possibly next summer for recruiting purposes if the summer season is shortened.

I'd like to see more clubs promote their refund policy anonymously on here.
91, Igloo, and Express will be the last to refund anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got 32% refund from my Epic Ski pass if anyone cares !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your clubs keep sending updated schedules? I am in MD and as of now, no refund (there has been talk of refund if no lacrosse is played). We do however still have a 4 tournament schedule as of now. 1st of which is just 7 weeks out and they would still need to practice. I have a hard time believing that we'll be at tournaments at the same time that the PLL will be playing while taking mandatory tests and under quarantine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone put any stock in US lacrosse recommendations, allegedly coming out at the end of this week, for return to play? Will they influence if summer tournaments happen or not? They hold the insurance...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your clubs keep sending updated schedules? I am in MD and as of now, no refund (there has been talk of refund if no lacrosse is played). We do however still have a 4 tournament schedule as of now. 1st of which is just 7 weeks out and they would still need to practice. I have a hard time believing that we'll be at tournaments at the same time that the PLL will be playing while taking mandatory tests and under quarantine.

MD parents are out three years of tuition now. Not only are they getting scammed from COVID-19, they had to pay two extra years for HOLDBACK-20!

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard