BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 42 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What do you think will be the first tourney on LI post quarantine.

1) Tri Star/Laxfest same weekend
2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
4) Blatant Summer Showdown
5) Halloween Havoc

5 is most realistic

Agree. This year, it's over. Who would let their kid mix with out of state players in the coming months? Nobody has practiced, people are looking for refunds. To jam some tournaments up over the summer after nobody has been working is insane. Let it go and re-hammerhead for next year.

Finally someone thinks like me . Very true . Refund families back . Do the right thing . We dont need a spike in the virus because youth Lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen man, I want money back also. There must be 300 kids on club team. 4 grand a kid. Do teams have 1.2 million in an account? Half refund would be 600 grand. Do they have that laying around? I have no idea. I don’t own a lacrosse club. I made 180 grand last year. After taxes 130 grand. I couldn’t write a check for 10 grand right now. I live on my pay checks. My family lives on these checks. My point is at the end of the year I didn’t have 130 grand sitting in a bank account. Do these clubs have money to do this? It’s not Disney, It’s not McDonald’s, these club teams aren’t Fortune 500 companies. My friend just got in a fight with airline because he wanted money back, instead he got a credit voucher for next year. He wanted money to pay bills, not 2021 airline tickets. It’s crazy what’s going on right now. I know nothing about owning a club lacrosse team. I would be shocked if they had a million dollars sitting in a bank account. I hope I’m wrong. I’d love a nice check back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen man, I want money back also. There must be 300 kids on club team. 4 grand a kid. Do teams have 1.2 million in an account? Half refund would be 600 grand. Do they have that laying around? I have no idea. I don’t own a lacrosse club. I made 180 grand last year. After taxes 130 grand. I couldn’t write a check for 10 grand right now. I live on my pay checks. My family lives on these checks. My point is at the end of the year I didn’t have 130 grand sitting in a bank account. Do these clubs have money to do this? It’s not Disney, It’s not McDonald’s, these club teams aren’t Fortune 500 companies. My friend just got in a fight with airline because he wanted money back, instead he got a credit voucher for next year. He wanted money to pay bills, not 2021 airline tickets. It’s crazy what’s going on right now. I know nothing about owning a club lacrosse team. I would be shocked if they had a million dollars sitting in a bank account. I hope I’m wrong. I’d love a nice check back.

I get that but what if you want to switch clubs? A credit going forward won't work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if any of these lacrosse clubs qualify for federal bailout money and, if they do, what they're going to do with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
5) Halloween Havoc

5 is most realistic

Agree. This year, it's over. Who would let their kid mix with out of state players in the coming months? Nobody has practiced, people are looking for refunds. To jam some tournaments up over the summer after nobody has been working is insane. Let it go and re-hammerhead for next year.

Finally someone thinks like me . Very true . Refund families back . Do the right thing . We dont need a spike in the virus because youth Lacrosse.

I am the original poster. And don’t disagree about the year being maybe over. However, I feel like if (Big If) the governor deems things are safe and school starts classes in person May and spring sports plays a modified schedule, then I think all sports will quickly return to the fields as quickly as we were quarantined. And I think a lot of people wouldn’t think twice about going to a sporting event. If things were deemed safe. Not a debating your points just raising the scenario that is plausible.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think people understand the true nature of what we’re dealing with here. There’s a report today indicating that we would be lucky to have professional and collegiate sports by Thanksgiving. We may not have anything resembling our pre March 15 lives in any form until we develop a vaccine. History has happened. The world has changed. The life you knew before this is over. We are never going to be the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
5) Halloween Havoc

5 is most realistic

I am the original poster. And don’t disagree about the year being maybe over. However, I feel like if (Big If) the governor deems things are safe and school starts classes in person May and spring sports plays a modified schedule, then I think all sports will quickly return to the fields as quickly as we were quarantined. And I think a lot of people wouldn’t think twice about going to a sporting event. If things were deemed safe. Not a debating your points just raising the scenario that is plausible.

1st of all the governor wont be sending kids back to school anytime soon. This will roll back slowly. He is much more concerned about sending workers back. When that happens it will start at 25% going back, then 50%, etc... And he may require a certain percentage to continue to work from home for companies in order to keep some social distancing guidelines in effect. And it will be slow bringing it back, not day by day like it was shutting it down. They need to make sure as they bring it back, cases dont surge.

Schools reopening this year is a last priority. They know the kids can do lessons over the computer. Most major state exams have been cancelled. You wont see a movement back to normal life with large events which include sporting events until they have an approved vaccine or a verified successful medical treatment.

2nd noone in another state is going to want their teams to come to tournaments in New York. We were the worst hit state. And it will still be here even if life begins to restart, for months if not more.

3rd this disease will continue to roll from state to state. Its going to get worse in other areas. Its going to resurface in places even after it disappears.

This year is over. Wrap your head around it and accept it.
Hug your kids, and be glad you are together. Because some people cant do that. Thats the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
5) Halloween Havoc

5 is most realistic

1st of all the governor wont be sending kids back to school anytime soon. This will roll back slowly. He is much more concerned about sending workers back. When that happens it will start at 25% going back, then 50%, etc... And he may require a certain percentage to continue to work from home for companies in order to keep some social distancing guidelines in effect. And it will be slow bringing it back, not day by day like it was shutting it down. They need to make sure as they bring it back, cases dont surge.

Schools reopening this year is a last priority. They know the kids can do lessons over the computer. Most major state exams have been cancelled. You wont see a movement back to normal life with large events which include sporting events until they have an approved vaccine or a verified successful medical treatment.

2nd noone in another state is going to want their teams to come to tournaments in New York. We were the worst hit state. And it will still be here even if life begins to restart, for months if not more.

3rd this disease will continue to roll from state to state. Its going to get worse in other areas. Its going to resurface in places even after it disappears.

Hug your kids, and be glad you are together. Because some people cant do that. Thats the truth.

Well said .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2) FLG
3) Long Ireland
3) Bash at the Beach
5) Halloween Havoc

5 is most realistic

The truth hurts. Families are force to be together. It's ironic, the only way families can enjoy each other is each parent constantly being on the move with the kids going in opposite directions. The way you see some of these parents abuse alcohol at tournaments, mom over there and dad over here, But they portray to be the perfect family. I can only imagine the misery in side some house holds since families have to be together now. I can live without travel lacrosse, and look forward to a peaceful summer, without being on the move every weekend this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The truth hurts. Families are force to be together. It's ironic, the only way families can enjoy each other is each parent constantly being on the move with the kids going in opposite directions. The way you see some of these parents abuse alcohol at tournaments, mom over there and dad over here, But they portray to be the perfect family. I can only imagine the misery in side some house holds since families have to be together now. I can live without travel lacrosse, and look forward to a peaceful summer, without being on the move every weekend this summer. [/quote]

You’re good. Turtles weren’t missing anything anyway.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are looking for a peaceful summer with no lacrosse. How about just not have your son play travel. You don’t need a worldwide tragedy for you to have a peaceful summer. It shouldn’t make you happy that a lot of kids who enjoy lacrosse are missing out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be a summer season. IMO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When should I expect to receive refund for World Series Qualifier?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be a summer season. IMO.

My opinion is there is no shot. Even if things are improved no state wants a flood of Wuhan NYers flooding their state. Expect a cascading wave of tourneys moving to August or September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse postponed all their events until at least end of June.

https://www.uslacrosse.org/blog/us-...UAugH_op3HDgfCvPP7Giys07T5HNgnDUFzF4SlBA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse postponed all their events until at least end of June.

https://www.uslacrosse.org/blog/us-...UAugH_op3HDgfCvPP7Giys07T5HNgnDUFzF4SlBA

Yes "Their Events" US Lacrosse isn't a governing overseer of travel lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lololololololol!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahahahahah
sucka'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahahahahah
sucka'

I wouldn't worry about the qualifier fee. Check into flights and rental cars for Denver. Great prices, hotel fee is stay to play but even they are reducing their rate. Call the hotel rather than using the link in the invite. Some flights are waving baggage fees but the flights are filling up fast, EVERYONE will be looking to get away once this stay at home is lifted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahahahahah
sucka'

I wouldn't worry about the qualifier fee. Check into flights and rental cars for Denver. Great prices, hotel fee is stay to play but even they are reducing their rate. Call the hotel rather than using the link in the invite. Some flights are waving baggage fees but the flights are filling up fast, EVERYONE will be looking to get away once this stay at home is lifted.

This guy is hilarious. Flights are cheap, huh? Just promise us you'll come back here on July 4 and post pictures of your family at Robert Moses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hahahahahahahah
sucka'

Ok kids they lifted the travel lets go !!! “Dad where are we going”? To little Johnny’s WSYL . Really ? Get a grip man . This is destroying some of you .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refund will be sent on 2/30/2021
Thanks
Jake

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly the little league World Series was cxld. That tournament actually starts around now in each district, then to state, then to the region and finally to Williamsport. That’s not a good sign, even for this optimist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If baseball cancelled it’s Virginia World Series in Aug. No way a contact sport is playing in Colorado this July. It’s 50/50 schools are open in Sept.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If baseball cancelled it’s Virginia World Series in Aug. No way a contact sport is playing in Colorado this July. It’s 50/50 schools are open in Sept.

They canceled, the club owners know they just haven't told the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY canceled school for the rest of the year. So....no school on June 26, but we're flying to Denver the next day for a lacrosse tournament? Where's the guy on here who said that hotels were "filling up fast"? I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like him to consider buying....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY canceled school for the rest of the year. So....no school on June 26, but we're flying to Denver the next day for a lacrosse tournament? Where's the guy on here who said that hotels were "filling up fast"? I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like him to consider buying....

Just remember, people on here posting information as if they know what they're talking about are nothing but armatures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just hope this finishes the World Series forever........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was going to be the best WSYL event ever!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was going to be the best WSYL event ever!!!!!!

next year will be the best wsyl ever!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No 4 years from now will be best ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's official - the 2020 World Series of Youth Lacrosse is canceled. I guess those flights that were "filling up fast" are going to be issuing a lot of vouchers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s been official for 2 weeks now. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be official forever in Denver .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats with the Haters? Do you detest all tournaments or just the one's that are age based?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats with the Haters? Do you detest all tournaments or just the one's that are age based?

Why travel so far ? All the winners been Li vs Li

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more. The WSYL is the worst thing to happen to youth lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still feel like Scorch got robbed. The boys were ready. They worded so hard for so long. The days of Express are finished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still feel like Scorch got robbed. The boys were ready. They worded so hard for so long. The days of Express are finished.

hahahaha clown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember, that's the Tourney were Legacy crumbled,haha!

Page 38 of 42 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard