Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #300868 04/01/20 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The right thing for who ? It was a knee donk reaction by the NCAA to make itself look good....like the hero. But in actuality, it was just another in a looooong line of examples of the NCAA making terrible decisions that usually have nothing to do with the student athletes best interests. How was this the right thing for the high school class of 2020 ? Everybody is losing something in this. This decision makes the 2020 class bear the burden of it for their entire college career. Everyone else gets to wipe the slate clean next year. Not fair or right .

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C #300877 04/01/20 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you like it makes it the "right thing" to do.

The 22's are screwed. Like the poster above said sometimes life is hard. The rules keep changing on the 20's, 21's and 22's. They don't get to play an extra year of high school. The 20's don't get senior night or prom or anything else. But hey the college kids get an extra year because THAT is the "Right thing to do". Don't worry about the younger kids, these kids are more important.
Give me a break.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #300878 04/01/20 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. 2020 HS students have it bad because they lost this season and will be playing with 5th year seniors for their entire college career. But their college selection was unaffected.
2022 and 2023 HS students may have it worse because they may find themselves unrecruited, having been squeezed out by current college players who are taking normally empty roster spots to play for their 5th year.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #300884 04/01/20 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Repeat after me. Lacrosse is a low priority non-revenue sport with no real profession.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #301013 04/04/20 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not true. 2020 HS students have it bad because they lost this season and will be playing with 5th year seniors for their entire college career. But their college selection was unaffected.
2022 and 2023 HS students may have it worse because they may find themselves unrecruited, having been squeezed out by current college players who are taking normally empty roster spots to play for their 5th year.

Anyone have a feel for how many will take advantage of this 5th year? I would think most seniors already have post-college jobs, grad school, etc lined up. Even w covid-19. And this 5th year would still incur expenses for the player & as stated, most won’t be making a career out of lacrosse. As the parent of a 2022, I’m hoping there are still viable D1 opportunities. If not, it will completely change what college many attend.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #301024 04/05/20 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be plenty of opportunities. Go where the money is, academic and athletic combination is the way to go if the grades are there. Dont get caught in the names of the schools. A good package illustrates how much you are valued. In turn how much you will play. Looking at a lot of 2019s I'm sure many would have reconsider where they went.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #301031 04/05/20 10:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What if the school doesn’t feel like taking you back for the fifth year? I understand to get to year five you really are invested(vs those that drop out after freshman year) in playing, but what if you had a bad season start?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #301887 05/08/20 09:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight as to what states will actually let any summer tournaments take place? Hard to see Md, Pa and NJ allowing any to happen

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #301936 05/10/20 06:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight as to what states will actually let any summer tournaments take place? Hard to see Md, Pa and NJ allowing any to happen

I honestly dont see there being any summer tourneys, except maybe UA underclass games since its the best of the best competing and would be a big help to the coaches and these 2021-24 girls. Sounds like Corrigan sports is really trying to make this happen as they moved the tourney back to August. Whether parents will be allowed to watch is an unknown. Could see it played with no fans/parents, and just select amount of coaches at each game. If you think your daughter is a top player than she should be at this tryout...2021/22 team and 2023/24. Long Island and Baltimore among other regions will get close to 200 girls trying out for this team. Although 75% of the team is already chosen lol

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #301938 05/10/20 08:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are coaches even looking at 2021's? Seems they would be focusing only on 2022's if tourneys even happen since so many camps are getting cancelled.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #301939 05/10/20 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I honestly dont see there being any summer tourneys, except maybe UA underclass games since its the best of the best competing and would be a big help to the coaches and these 2021-24 girls. Sounds like Corrigan sports is really trying to make this happen as they moved the tourney back to August. Whether parents will be allowed to watch is an unknown. Could see it played with no fans/parents, and just select amount of coaches at each game. If you think your daughter is a top player than she should be at this tryout...2021/22 team and 2023/24. Long Island and Baltimore among other regions will get close to 200 girls trying out for this team. Although 75% of the team is already chosen lol

Except that UA is now during Lake Placid. Many coaches will be at Placid Terrible planning in my opinion

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #301940 05/10/20 10:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi - do you mean the the coaches already have a lineup of girls that they want for the teams? I get that..
But what do you think has more weight - current high school or club teams? No.1 daughter doesn't go to a Baltimore private - but we are on a good club team. Do you think the girls from NDP and St Pauls will get more of a look than our kid? The coaches are from there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #301949 05/11/20 08:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone have any insight as to what states will actually let any summer tournaments take place? Hard to see Md, Pa and NJ allowing any to happen

Except that UA is now during Lake Placid. Many coaches will be at Placid Terrible planning in my opinion
[/quotif
if coaches are even allowed to travel by there colleges they will go where the most talent is and that's the UA games

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #301950 05/11/20 08:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #301951 05/11/20 08:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi - do you mean the the coaches already have a lineup of girls that they want for the teams? I get that..
But what do you think has more weight - current high school or club teams? No.1 daughter doesn't go to a Baltimore private - but we are on a good club team. Do you think the girls from NDP and St Pauls will get more of a look than our kid? The coaches are from there.

Any 2021 on the Command team last year will be back on the team this year. Most of the 2022's that were on the Highlight team last year will probably make the Command team this year if they try out

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 40 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 39 40
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard