BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 313 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I see problems with the tournaments for High School players this summer. Recruiting is usually a big focus of playing for many players and draw of top $ Clubs . That and playing against good competition from all over country. It is looking more and more that states will open up but not allow any gatherings of over 5-10 people in one area.

Will College coaches be allowed or even want to come ? Parents allowed to watch ? Even the teams will have many players on sidelines waiting to sub in. Going to be a mess.

I dont know what will be different with what is going on now with virus than in two or three months from now. Maybe a few more people will have had virus. No vaccine until next year. Doesnt look to promising for summer sports or even Fall for that matter.

I hope there is some change that turns virus or perception of virus around.

How about our stunad leaders recognizing this virus has been around a lot longer than they will admit; the infection rate has already permeated a huge percentage of the population; and the mortality rate is about 100x lower than being published by the stunad sites like JHU, IHME and others. They can't admit they were wrong all along so stunad measures like not letting kids play sports and having parents on the sideline is deemed as being fatal to anyone who attends.

You're an stunad. Take your political views somewhere else....clown

It's not political, it's numbers. NY's 3000 person test just came back and they have millions of people probably exposed throughout the state. This meshes with the California test too.

Why in the world does children's lacrosse have to be the last ones out there with the most extreme measures like not letting people watch? Every state is going to open before MD, NoVa and NY.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see problems with the tournaments for High School players this summer. Recruiting is usually a big focus of playing for many players and draw of top $ Clubs . That and playing against good competition from all over country. It is looking more and more that states will open up but not allow any gatherings of over 5-10 people in one area.

Will College coaches be allowed or even want to come ? Parents allowed to watch ? Even the teams will have many players on sidelines waiting to sub in. Going to be a mess.

I dont know what will be different with what is going on now with virus than in two or three months from now. Maybe a few more people will have had virus. No vaccine until next year. Doesnt look to promising for summer sports or even Fall for that matter.

How about our stunad leaders recognizing this virus has been around a lot longer than they will admit; the infection rate has already permeated a huge percentage of the population; and the mortality rate is about 100x lower than being published by the stunad sites like JHU, IHME and others. They can't admit they were wrong all along so stunad measures like not letting kids play sports and having parents on the sideline is deemed as being fatal to anyone who attends.

Oh yes, much better to beat up on Spalding for pages on end...BadPerson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding was going to be REALLY good this year.

#EvergreenPost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only the top 25-30 kids get recruited this year in Sept. and Oct. A few more after November. A few more after winter prospect camps. Then it will open up during HS and early summer. Things will go very slowly for the majority of the 22's. There is no need to worry about summer events as the last chance season... not accurate this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're an stunad. Take your political views somewhere else....clown[/quote]

Oh yes, much better to beat up on Spalding for pages on end...BadPerson. [/quote]

#EvergreenPost[/quote]

And Catonsville

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#EvergreenPost

And Catonsville

Look whose back, The guy still bitter his son got cut from Spalding. Hi There !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh yes, much better to beat up on Spalding for pages on end...BadPerson. [/quote]

#EvergreenPost[/quote]

And Catonsville
[/quote]

Smells like cheap fear to me. Fortunately, for you and your daughter, you'll never know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only the top 25-30 kids get recruited this year in Sept. and Oct. A few more after November. A few more after winter prospect camps. Then it will open up during HS and early summer. Things will go very slowly for the majority of the 22's. There is no need to worry about summer events as the last chance season... not accurate this year.

Expert 🤦🏻‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Expert 🤦🏻‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was Broadneck's year. I feel bad for those boys.

#EvergreenPost[/quote]

And Catonsville
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on getting back to playing lacrosse this summer in MD. Not sure what will different in two months than now, besides everyone will be sick of being indoors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on getting back to playing lacrosse this summer in MD. Not sure what will different in two months than now, besides everyone will be sick of being indoors.

detest to say it, but it's over. Not confirmed but kids sports would be phase III of the gov's plan and we haven't even started phase I.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest to say it, but it's over. Not confirmed but kids sports would be phase III of the gov's plan and we haven't even started phase I.

Really has had a steam roller effect on everything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree with your take, I don't see anywhere in the plan where kid's sports are mentioned at all nor do I see any definitions of what is considered group gatherings. Hogan is going to keep his iron grip and bumbling methods until the bitter end. There is no reason he shouldn't be allowing the outer counties to resume business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree with your take, I don't see anywhere in the plan where kid's sports are mentioned at all nor do I see any definitions of what is considered group gatherings. Hogan is going to keep his iron grip and bumbling methods until the bitter end. There is no reason he shouldn't be allowing the outer counties to resume business.

Maybe I am interpreting this wrong but I would guess that a lacrosse tournament with hundreds if not thousands of people would be considered a large social gathering. Like I said, I hope I am wrong.

Stage three, writes Jessica Iannetta of the Baltimore Business Journal, would allow large events and social gatherings to resume and also put fewer restrictions on hospitals and nursing homes. This is a long-term stage though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe I am interpreting this wrong but I would guess that a lacrosse tournament with hundreds if not thousands of people would be considered a large social gathering. Like I said, I hope I am wrong.

Stage three, writes Jessica Iannetta of the Baltimore Business Journal, would allow large events and social gatherings to resume and also put fewer restrictions on hospitals and nursing homes. This is a long-term stage though

Hundreds if not thousands of people spread over dozens of acres and time during the day outside during the summer where UV light is now known to kill the virus almost instantly. Go hide in a closet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hogan complained about not having tests... then he got tests and testing sites immediately. Its been 10 days and he hasn't issued one test! NOT ONE. The longer this goes on, the better for the politicians. Their names are everywhere and we have to pay attention for updates. This is a sham. Not one person under 30 has died in Maryland (from coronavirus - but over 40 people under 30 have been shot and killed in past 60 days). If you are compromised, stay home, if you are healthy, live work and play. Time to take the country back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#EvergreenPost[/quote]

And Catonsville
[/quote]

Catonsville is getting a very good goalie transfer from a private which will free up their current goalie to play middie or split time at goalie and middie. Game changer. They will be favored to win 2 straight State Championships

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse or any sports HS tournaments are much different than Ravens and Orioles and Nursing homes.

Easy to pull off with only two guests allowed per player ( I know it stinks) and line next to field on sidelines with 6 foot lines for fans. Get 40 boxes per 80 yd field. ...have an entrance( if possible) to field and only allow parents in on two person list. easy to do and stay within guidelines. Many other solutions, ......problem is that politicians arent telling us what to do, and they dont like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t wait the NLF all daddy ball teams come out today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the biggest Daddy baller of them all is now a 2023 so not on this list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the biggest Daddy baller of them all is now a 2023 so not on this list.

Kids are legit. Should have coached your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No salty dads out tonight. 👀.

Probably busy checking highlight links with son talking about how he is a better player.

Daddy Ball!! Crack me up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Easy to pull off with only two guests allowed per player ( I know it stinks) and line next to field on sidelines with 6 foot lines for fans. Get 40 boxes per 80 yd field. ...have an entrance( if possible) to field and only allow parents in on two person list. easy to do and stay within guidelines. Many other solutions, ......problem is that politicians arent telling us what to do, and they dont like that.[quote]

If the politicians really want to continue with their fascist actions in MD, I agree it's an easy solution. Just set up an entrance gate and sell/count tickets with an attendance limit and remind people to social distance. People will stay apart and don't need to be herded like cattle.

I hope to god this doesn't happen. End this nonsense and let them play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🦗🦗

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably busy checking highlight links with son talking about how he is a better player.

If you are on this site at 12:30-2:30 am you are real lost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

too funny- when your dad coaches or runs a club you will get special treatment. That's a fact and can't be argued.9congratulations) NLF has very good teams and top talent across the board. Hence the list is based off those dad(coaches,owners,organizers) who feel their players are the best. Great for the kids on the list as it gives them great exposure to those that don't know! There are players who are better at the position on the same team as some listed.NLF is doing a great job promoting their brand and players except when it doesn't even let their neighbors in (igloo) or other clubs its really hard to support the daddies behind the scenes making it all happen.
More list's to come for the 2022 class that will be a bit more revealing to the top talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

too funny- when your dad coaches or runs a club you will get special treatment. That's a fact and can't be argued.9congratulations) NLF has very good teams and top talent across the board. Hence the list is based off those dad(coaches,owners,organizers) who feel their players are the best. Great for the kids on the list as it gives them great exposure to those that don't know! There are players who are better at the position on the same team as some listed.NLF is doing a great job promoting their brand and players except when it doesn't even let their neighbors in (igloo) or other clubs its really hard to support the daddies behind the scenes making it all happen.
More list's to come for the 2022 class that will be a bit more revealing to the top talent.

No worries, there is no $$ in lacrosse. If you're kids a serious athlete, he's playing football, soccer, basketball or baseball. There are a couple outliers but most of the kids playing D1 lacrosse couldn't make a starting lineup in these other D1 sports especially those which are pro league feeders. You're better off hitting the books, maxing out on your ACT/SAT and getting great internships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No worries, there is no $$ in lacrosse. If you're kids a serious athlete, he's playing football, soccer, basketball or baseball. There are a couple outliers but most of the kids playing D1 lacrosse couldn't make a starting lineup in these other D1 sports especially those which are pro league feeders. You're better off hitting the books, maxing out on your ACT/SAT and getting great internships.

Its comments like these that I find just silly. I am willing to bet that 99% of boys who play lacrosse are not thinking NLL, PLL or MLL or any other iteration of an "LL". As most of would agree, college lacrosse is bigger than professional lacrosse and that is the goal. These boys understand that there is no $$ in the traditional sense (professional sports) however there is a path to top universities whether its the Ivys in D1 or VA or Duke etc . . or D3 NESCAC etc . . . Assuming the boys correctly use this path they then quite often have an alumni base to tap into at top universities for getting jobs in the real word. Playing lax at a high level (D1 OR D3) can get them a leg up in interviews or jobs. My brother-in-law, who is a high up executive at a top financial institution tells me very regularly how many lacrosse, swimming, wrestling etc hires that his company makes every year. He tells me that the collegiate athletes at top institutions get looked at before others. While the Lizards or Waterdogs of the MLL and PLL will potentially be a bridge for top athletes for a couple of years, the majority will take their degree from top academic institutions that they got into BECAUSE OF LACROSSE and will do great things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or holding your kid back three times to get a scholarship to Harvard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its comments like these that I find just silly. I am willing to bet that 99% of boys who play lacrosse are not thinking NLL, PLL or MLL or any other iteration of an "LL". As most of would agree, college lacrosse is bigger than professional lacrosse and that is the goal. These boys understand that there is no $$ in the traditional sense (professional sports) however there is a path to top universities whether its the Ivys in D1 or VA or Duke etc . . or D3 NESCAC etc . . . Assuming the boys correctly use this path they then quite often have an alumni base to tap into at top universities for getting jobs in the real word. Playing lax at a high level (D1 OR D3) can get them a leg up in interviews or jobs. My brother-in-law, who is a high up executive at a top financial institution tells me very regularly how many lacrosse, swimming, wrestling etc hires that his company makes every year. He tells me that the collegiate athletes at top institutions get looked at before others. While the Lizards or Waterdogs of the MLL and PLL will potentially be a bridge for top athletes for a couple of years, the majority will take their degree from top academic institutions that they got into BECAUSE OF LACROSSE and will do great things.

Not everyone wants to work at a top financial firm. More top level jobs go to the college kids with highest academics. Frankly most jobs could care less if you played lacrosse. And if you go into the tech world where most jobs will come from one day, Lacrosse with a Communication degree just doesnt mean much.

My point is that it is better to go the smart route for the majority to get into a college and or a internship/job then rely on lacrosse . Even tho lacrosse is a way for some.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s THAT DAD!! You telling your boy that? He should go plays those other sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s THAT DAD!! You telling your boy that? He should go plays those other sports.

Easy there Big Dads ! I am glad there is lacrosse, where else is is there to go for a majority of players that cant play D1 college Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey but want to be a D1 athlete ? ,,,,, rowing ?? Come on !

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Or maybe the kid loves lacrosse more than football, soccer, basketball or baseball (which is like watching paint dry, by the way).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Big Dads ! I am glad there is lacrosse, where else is is there to go for a majority of players that cant play D1 college Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey but want to be a D1 athlete ? ,,,,, rowing ?? Come on !

Plenty of lacrosse players play multiple sports and are good at both. Many lacrosse players walked away from Baseball because it’s a boring game. Many walk away from football because it’s an injury prone sport. Not because they can’t play the sport at a high level. Prime example is the kid that just committed to Clemson to play FB.

It’s ok if your boy can’t play D1 lacrosse but if you are saying that the lacrosse players only play lax because they can’t play the others then I guess your boy better pick an instrument to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are delusional. The kid going to Clemson comes along every 10 years on the lax fields. We should all be thankful the majority of kids in football and basketball have no idea lacrosse is even a sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of lacrosse players play multiple sports and are good at both. Many lacrosse players walked away from Baseball because it’s a boring game. Many walk away from football because it’s an injury prone sport. Not because they can’t play the sport at a high level. Prime example is the kid that just committed to Clemson to play FB.

It’s ok if your boy can’t play D1 lacrosse but if you are saying that the lacrosse players only play lax because they can’t play the others then I guess your boy better pick an instrument to play.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Poster is right. We are lucky a majority of players going D1 Football and Basketball have no idea what lacrosse is, if there was money in lacrosse, goodbye majority ( not all) of lacrosse players, better start getting good with a Volleyball.

I do think many lacrosse players are multiple sport players. Which is great. But dont kid yourself, they still couldn't get on the field at most D1 FB programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. Poster is right. We are lucky a majority of players going D1 Football and Basketball have no idea what lacrosse is, if there was money in lacrosse, goodbye majority ( not all) of lacrosse players, better start getting good with a Volleyball.

I do think many lacrosse players are multiple sport players. Which is great. But dont kid yourself, they still couldn't get on the field at most D1 FB programs.

Wow bitter football dad on quarantine. I know you get frustrated because your son likes a sport that you know nothing about and do not understand. Did you ever think maybe that is the reason he picked it? So that you have zero credibility when you offer coaching advice on the car ride home?
1. All kids know about lacrosse. They may not play but they know about it. Many do play. Are you aware that football HOF legend Jim Brown's son just committed to a D1 lacrosse program?
2. Like all sports kids play because they love it. Their friends are on the team, and lacrosse is really fun to practice. They are not worried about other sports.
3. How many D1 football players could make a D1 lacrosse roster? Zero if they do not work at it. Same would be true for tennis or golf. How many lineman can run well enough to play lacrosse?
4. Money?? How many players in football get paid outside of the NFL or SEC? less than 1% of HS football players get paid.
I played football and lacrosse and many kids play both. You do realize you are posting this on a lacrosse message board right? Isolation must be rough but don't worry you will soon be back at the bar bragging to the bar tender about the four touchdowns you scored against Polk HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow bitter football dad on quarantine. I know you get frustrated because your son likes a sport that you know nothing about and do not understand. Did you ever think maybe that is the reason he picked it? So that you have zero credibility when you offer coaching advice on the car ride home?
1. All kids know about lacrosse. They may not play but they know about it. Many do play. Are you aware that football HOF legend Jim Brown's son just committed to a D1 lacrosse program?
2. Like all sports kids play because they love it. Their friends are on the team, and lacrosse is really fun to practice. They are not worried about other sports.
3. How many D1 football players could make a D1 lacrosse roster? Zero if they do not work at it. Same would be true for tennis or golf. How many lineman can run well enough to play lacrosse?
4. Money?? How many players in football get paid outside of the NFL or SEC? less than 1% of HS football players get paid.
I played football and lacrosse and many kids play both. You do realize you are posting this on a lacrosse message board right? Isolation must be rough but don't worry you will soon be back at the bar bragging to the bar tender about the four touchdowns you scored against Polk HS.

Relax, No one is saying lacrosse players are not athletic , plus a few could play D1 football , The reality is that if many of the Towson Football players picked up a stick at age 7-10 and stuck with lacrosse, they could easily play lacrosse and majority would start. If that was reversed and Towson Lacrosse started playing Fottball at 7-10, they would more than likely not make team or even start and forget about making Polk High Championship team. Where I plowed over Spare Tire to win the Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
many 21's in the wind with all this pray they get FALL. How much will 22's get recruited if there is no summer?

Like Reply Quote
Page 64 of 313 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard