BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 175 of 264 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Typical, parent thinking the program is about them. I’m not associated with any program, my son is. The other one is associated with the HS program. Has nothing to do with me. But keep living through your kids games, let me know how much the therapy costs. You must be special at the parent meetings, all about you!! Selfish, self absorbed clown!! Thanks for showing everyone here who you are.

You my friend are clueless. Having 2 kids now paying Division 1 lacrosse , I can tell you it is a family affair. It was during travel, it was in High School and it still is. Highs and lows along the way and worth every minute. Good luck to you!

Ahhhh, the my son plays D1 so I’m an expert. You’re no more an expert than the D2 and D3 parents. Get off your lofty pedestal friend. The only thing you’re responsible for is the tailgate. You don’t practice or play. Good luck to you as well.

You are mistaken my friend. It would be no different if my kids played D2 or D3 lacrosse. I’m still involved and continue to throw the ball around and shoot up at the high school with the. For me it’s not about the tailgates, I’m in the stands cheering for my kids and enjoying every minute. To bad you have nothing to do with your kids. You’re missing out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He doesn't need luck. He has two sons in a D1 program and is taking advantage of the social connections - something he will never forget. They will share a bond for life. You on the other hand...you need a lot of luck. Get a clue....

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Its official. Nassau and Suffolk sports are DONE for the year. Now there is no hope. I thought we could cling to hope until May 15th...

Devastating for the seniors. Sad.

Many were waiting for answers, but recruiting is put on hold with coaches focused on returning their seniors, and over 400 on the transfer portal. Not good for anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its official. Nassau and Suffolk sports are DONE for the year. Now there is no hope. I thought we could cling to hope until May 15th...

Same is true for the MIAA here in Maryland...announcement was made today. I have a senior player and yes, it is very sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He doesn't need luck. He has two sons in a D1 program and is taking advantage of the social connections - something he will never forget. They will share a bond for life. You on the other hand...you need a lot of luck. Get a clue....

Missing the point my victimized friend. As stated, I go to games, support my kids. I’m not part of the team. It’s their team, and I support them wholeheartedly. Stop making it about you, you’re not part of the team. Sorry your boys season is cancelled. Life’s tough.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Missing the point my victimized friend. As stated, I go to games, support my kids. I’m not part of the team. It’s their team, and I support them wholeheartedly. Stop making it about you, you’re not part of the team. Sorry your boys season is cancelled. Life’s tough.

I fully understand what you're saying. I support my son, his team, etc. I'm not a part of the team, nor do I want to be. It boils down to the kids playing the game itself, and the parents incorporating their version of reality show drama within that frame work. Some parents are just needy people, constantly craving attention. Not my circus, not my clowns!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I fully understand what you're saying. I support my son, his team, etc. I'm not a part of the team, nor do I want to be. It boils down to the kids playing the game itself, and the parents incorporating their version of reality show drama within that frame work. Some parents are just needy people, constantly craving attention. Not my circus, not my clowns!

Excellent post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Colts21

Many were waiting for answers, but recruiting is put on hold with coaches focused on returning their seniors, and over 400 on the transfer portal. Not good for anyone.

The proposed NCAA waiver to reduce the number of non revenue sports will be devastating. You have to imagine lacrosse being a non-revenue sport that it is, could be on the chopping block at some of these schools. It's long overdue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much money do these manhasset parents pay FLG/LILJ to hype their mediocre kids?? A full article about a JV player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Women's basketball is by far the biggest financial drain on any athletic program. In 2016-17, the UConn women Huskies produced a revenue of $3.55 million while spending an astronomical $7.9 million. That's a loss $4.4MM.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much money do these manhasset parents pay FLG/LILJ to hype their mediocre kids?? A full article about a JV player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
School lax is great if your kid goes to a school with a great lax program! But if they go to a small school with a crappy program and your kid has to be in a certain group to get playing time then we rely on travel! So for all you parents that are teachers or board members that have your nose up the coaches butt Boo Hoo, haha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
School lax is great if your kid goes to a school with a great lax program! But if they go to a small school with a crappy program and your kid has to be in a certain group to get playing time then we rely on travel! So for all you parents that are teachers or board members that have your nose up the coaches butt Boo Hoo, haha!

"Certain groups," sounds like our district. Teachers, parents that have personal relationship with one another, parent PAL coaches/ board members, and parents who have personal relationships with BOE members.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hah! I thought I wrote this. Glad someone else is on board with this concept. FLG/LILJ will purposefully not give any attention to some kids that are better. On top of that, the rankings are certainly not based on experience and solid evaluation. They got LILJ up and running for two years with maybe 2 on the staff. There is no way they could evaluate 100 boys and girls over the course of a season or two, let alone the rising freshman from middle school games. So they rely on coaches who provide the BS. High school coaches who don't play the game of daddy ball and politics or funnel the travel programs/training are ignored.

It's a joke. College coaches watch players minimum 6-8 tournaments (not games). FLG/LILJ and IL must be prodigies. But if you're from Smithtown West or WI or Manhasset or Syosset or any of the Maryland/DMV/NC schools who pay for mentions like they do to IL, you would understand those lists are 'ad space' like the rest of the online world. But LILJ and IL would never admit it because they are creating click bait to increase ad revenue and sponsorship dollars. Keep the churn going and any negative coverage like this helps garner attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hah, you sound bitter. I guess your kid did not get written up. At least there is some press following the sport. They do make an effort to speak to coaches and players from many programs are represented both Hs and Club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hah, you sound bitter. I guess your kid did not get written up. At least there is some press following the sport. They do make an effort to speak to coaches and players from many programs are represented both Hs and Club.

My kid got written up and he stinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hah! I thought I wrote this. Glad someone else is on board with this concept. FLG/LILJ will purposefully not give any attention to some kids that are better. On top of that, the rankings are certainly not based on experience and solid evaluation. They got LILJ up and running for two years with maybe 2 on the staff. There is no way they could evaluate 100 boys and girls over the course of a season or two, let alone the rising freshman from middle school games. So they rely on coaches who provide the BS. High school coaches who don't play the game of daddy ball and politics or funnel the travel programs/training are ignored.

It's a joke. College coaches watch players minimum 6-8 tournaments (not games). FLG/LILJ and IL must be prodigies. But if you're from Smithtown West or WI or Manhasset or Syosset or any of the Maryland/DMV/NC schools who pay for mentions like they do to IL, you would understand those lists are 'ad space' like the rest of the online world. But LILJ and IL would never admit it because they are creating click bait to increase ad revenue and sponsorship dollars. Keep the churn going and any negative coverage like this helps garner attention.

LILJ is published by FLG, so of course they're going to write up some of their better players on each team. Do you really think anyone is leaving the storefront in Huntington to watch the Center Moriches-Deer Park game on a Tuesday afternoon?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOW IS MENTIONED WITH THE BEST ON LI.. JORNALISTC INTEGRITY AT ITS FINEST

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently it was the kids voting for themselves is the inside scoop I got from someone on the list. Total joke. FLG is a joke also. Did you see JS on the LILJ website, and then his kids make the list??? If that makes them feel better so be it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they took the time to ask the Manhasset coach, they would know that kid would have played JV this season and only sat the bench if he was moved up. Hype and parents calling coaches only gets you so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently it was the kids voting for themselves is the inside scoop I got from someone on the list. Total joke. FLG is a joke also. Did you see JS on the LILJ website, and then his kids make the list??? If that makes them feel better so be it!

I heard the same. Wasn't FLG on a downward spiral a few months ago? So they put together nothing more than a dressed up Blog, post names of a few kids. Since the parents are insecure and the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, they logon to the Blog site and click away which equates to $$$$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A complete Clown Ego Maniac ,,,,, How many videos can he put out about his kid.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just viewed the 2023 watch list. Everyone should be pleased, it seems every 2023 lacrosse player on Long island was mentioned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just viewed the 2023 watch list. Everyone should be pleased, it seems every 2023 lacrosse player on Long island was mentioned.

It was only a few months ago, FLG was in a head first downward spiral, with the owner defending himself against a law suite. Fast forward, the owner of FLG and his kid create some sort of on-line magazine type publication, that resembles a long winded advertisement. Moreover, the kids vote for one another, get their name posted to a simple Microsoft Excel spread sheet, resulting in parents, family and friends clicking away, ultimately equating to $$$$$ for FLG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was only a few months ago, FLG was in a head first downward spiral, with the owner defending himself against a law suite. Fast forward, the owner of FLG and his kid create some sort of on-line magazine type publication, that resembles a long winded advertisement. Moreover, the kids vote for one another, get their name posted to a simple Microsoft Excel spread sheet, resulting in parents, family and friends clicking away, ultimately equating to $$$$$ for FLG.

Total scam. Also, do you think the Chaminade parents were clicking away at their computers while they had their red jackets on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total scam. Also, do you think the Chaminade parents were clicking away at their computers while they had their red jackets on?

FLG is doing everything under the heavens generating some kind of revenue to pay off their judgement dept. No one can say, their thought process generating revenue during these unrepresented times, targeting the insecure is a stroke of genius, but it was smart considering the lax audience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG reaches out to HS varsity coaches and asks which of the kids in each grade are considered to be part of the future/present of the teams. That’s the criteria. Having kids, parents, friends, grandparents, etc... nominate players is strictly for the purpose of site traffic. I know little about the FLG lawsuits other than seeing something on this site, however, they are doing a good job of getting their name out there by highlighting teams, coaches and players. As with every list, this has its flaws. But whatever grade you son is in, most of the names are legitimate players. Of course there are many exceptions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG reaches out to HS varsity coaches and asks which of the kids in each grade are considered to be part of the future/present of the teams. That’s the criteria. Having kids, parents, friends, grandparents, etc... nominate players is strictly for the purpose of site traffic. I know little about the FLG lawsuits other than seeing something on this site, however, they are doing a good job of getting their name out there by highlighting teams, coaches and players. As with every list, this has its flaws. But whatever grade you son is in, most of the names are legitimate players. Of course there are many exceptions.

My friend, you're talking out of both sides of your face. FLG is a failing organization. They gave away a segment of their blog space listing kids names to generate attention to their organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. The kids did not have any say in who made the list. Sorry your kid was left off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. The kids did not have any say in who made the list. Sorry your kid was left off.

Laughable. Voting was done by the kids. Nice deflection LILJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Kid is on both lists. But none of this matters unless you play. Many kids not on the list could have turned out to be the better players. A shame we'll never know! Lucky For my son and many of the others, they're headed to play in college next year, so have to be grateful for that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If some of the kids voted for the list,mine did not, then isnt that a good thing. It shows that they can recognize the future leaders for lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This season being cancelled really messes with the seniors as well as any junior's that haven’t chosen schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
many seniors going on to play in college next year are in touch with their future teammates and looking forward to next year. not a saving grace but it gives them something to look forward to instead of dwelling on the tragedy of this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
many seniors going on to play in college next year are in touch with their future teammates and looking forward to next year. not a saving grace but it gives them something to look forward to instead of dwelling on the tragedy of this season.
yes and no. The reality is that this fall, winter, and spring is up in the air, yes, some states and other parts of country are in better shape than others, but, NCAA head Emmert said that schools that don’t have open campus with kids on them, no fall sports. Conference commissioners are on board with this. Ncaa hoops said a decision needs to be made by 9/1 if hoops will even happen. Fauci is going to say that opening too soon will have severe consequences - unneedless suffering and death. Regardless of where you come down on this, states listen to him. Couple this with a recent survey that over 50% of people would NOT take a vaccine even if it were available. Team sports with little or heavy contact will have a tough time coming back. Golf, tennis,etc sure, but revenue generating And contact sports at schools are in real jeopardy of being another year away. Schools getting kids back on campus by 9/1? Tough to see as campuses, dorms, classrooms, food courts lend itself to close proximity at all levels of life on a campus which is part of the college experience. If states,schools, parents follow what Fauci’s of the world say there could be just enough fear to make schools take pause. Will schools be shielded from any liability? Having some sort of a hybrid of on campus/virtual experience is just not the same.. This whole thing stinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes and no. The reality is that this fall, winter, and spring is up in the air, yes, some states and other parts of country are in better shape than others, but, NCAA head Emmert said that schools that don’t have open campus with kids on them, no fall sports. Conference commissioners are on board with this. Ncaa hoops said a decision needs to be made by 9/1 if hoops will even happen. Fauci is going to say that opening too soon will have severe consequences - unneedless suffering and death. Regardless of where you come down on this, states listen to him. Couple this with a recent survey that over 50% of people would NOT take a vaccine even if it were available. Team sports with little or heavy contact will have a tough time coming back. Golf, tennis,etc sure, but revenue generating And contact sports at schools are in real jeopardy of being another year away. Schools getting kids back on campus by 9/1? Tough to see as campuses, dorms, classrooms, food courts lend itself to close proximity at all levels of life on a campus which is part of the college experience. If states,schools, parents follow what Fauci’s of the world say there could be just enough fear to make schools take pause. Will schools be shielded from any liability? Having some sort of a hybrid of on campus/virtual experience is just not the same.. This whole thing stinks.

Colleges will be open this Fall. Will it be different? Sure but colleges will begin to go bankrupt quickly if students are not on campus. Housing and meals is almost 50% of their income!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these colleges were a house of cards anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOW THE BRO IS ON THE ALL DECADE TEAM..

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Colleges will be open this Fall. Will it be different? Sure but colleges will begin to go bankrupt quickly if students are not on campus. Housing and meals is almost 50% of their income!

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...versity-campuses-staying-closed-for-fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
California staying online classes for fall spells no football

Like Reply Quote
Page 175 of 264 1 2 173 174 175 176 177 263 264